WWF 1991: I Don't Have a Catchy Name

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew I should have picked Roddy/Steamboat as match of the night!

Minor thing, but the King of the Ring started in 85 and was held from 85-91 annually except for 1990

I figured it would be the best match of the night too, but the 96 it scored here was actually a worse score than it got in any of my copied save test runs. It got either a 98, 99 or 100 every time there.

And I knew about the King of the Ring history. I'm just keeping the save realistic to the actual WWF/E, who choose to ignore their history on a regular basis.;)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bret vs Savage is going to steal the show</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I've got pretty high hopes for my first 100 match grade of the save with that one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just noticed Brady Boone somehow got a 93 graded match. What the heck?!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Exactly what I thought when I saw that! And not only was he in a 93 graded match, but he did it with a push of "Enhancement Talent". No storyline heat boosts or anything like that either, since AJPW doesn't use storylines.</p>

It seems like All Japan is killing it in with those match ratings.

Oh, they are. Looking through their top 100 matches, it seems like any match involving one or more of Stan Hansen, Toshiaki Kawada, Mitsuharu Misawa or Jumbo Tsuruta is pretty much guaranteed a 91 or better. If at least two of those four are in a match, then it usually scores at least a 95. I'd say a human player could turn out show grades of 98 to 100 in their sleep running AJPW in this mod.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Smasher1311" data-cite="Smasher1311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Stan Hansen would be a cop. Road to SummerSlam is looking awesome! I don't know who I'm rooting for in Bret vs. Macho, but it should be a slobberknocker.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks Smasher1311! Yeah, Hart/Savage should be a good one. I've got pretty high hopes for my first 100 match grade of the save there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>At this rate, Hansen might win Wrestler of the Year.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've never actually looked into how the game decides those awards, but Hansen has the highest average match rating and the most 99 and 100 rated matches of anyone in the world, so it would definitely be his to lose right now if I were deciding.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="46784" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just getting caught up, but enjoying.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for reading sportsfanmas!</p>

WWF World Heavyweight Championship

"Macho King" Randy Savage w/ The Kingdom © vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart w/ The New Foundation

Comments:

Grudge Match

Hulk Hogan w/ "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. The Dragon

Comments: Toughest match to pick, but gotta keep him strong to make his motivations true.

WWF Intercontinental Championship - Falls Count Anywhere

"The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff © vs. The Big Boss Man

Comments:

WWF World Tag Team Championship

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid w/ I.R.S. © vs. The Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering

Comments:

Grudge Match

The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer vs. The Ultimate Warrior

Comments:

Grudge Match

Jake Roberts vs. Vader

Comments:

Lumberjack Match

Mr. Perfect vs. Terry Funk w/ Bobby Heenan

**If Mr. Perfect wins he'll get 5 minutes alone with Bobby Heenan and Heenan will be stripped of his WWF Managerial License for life.**

Comments:

Grudge Match

Shawn Michaels and Brian Pillman vs. Marty Jannetty and Tom Zenk

Comments: Gotta stick by the favorite.

Davids vs. Goliaths - 6-Man Tag Team Match

The New Foundation and Al Snow vs. The Warlord, Kamala and Hercules

Comments:

Grudge Match

Crush vs. Smash w/ Mr. Fuji

Comments: Gotta stick by the namesake.

Newcomer's Challenge

"Dr. Death" Steve Williams and Terry Gordy vs. Haku & The Barbarian w/ Bobby Heenan

Comments:

Free Agent Battle Royal

2 Cold Scorpio, Bob Armstrong, Booker Huffman, Bull Nakano, The Canadian Giant, Carl Ouellet, Charles Wright, Dean Malenko, Diamond Dallas Page, Headshrinker 1, Headshrinker 2, George Hines, Gran Mendoza, Johnny Ace, Kip James, Kurrgan, Mabel, Norman Smiley, Sabu, Tony Norris

**Winner gets a WWF Contract**

Comments: Uh I have no clue who this is but sounds like a winner.

Bonus Question

Match of the night?

Answer: Bret Fart vs. Nacho Mang

<p>WWF World Heavyweight Championship</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>"Macho King" Randy Savage w/ The Kingdom ©</strong> vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart w/ The New Foundation</p><p> </p><p>

Comments:</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

Hulk Hogan w/ "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. <strong>The Dragon</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Comments: </p><p> </p><p>

WWF Intercontinental Championship - Falls Count Anywhere</p><p>

<strong>"The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff ©</strong> vs. The Big Boss Man</p><p> </p><p>

WWF World Tag Team Championship</p><p>

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid w/ I.R.S. © vs. <strong>The Legion of Doom</strong> w/ Paul Ellering</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>The Undertaker</strong> w/ Paul Bearer vs. The Ultimate Warrior</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

Jake Roberts vs. <strong>Vader</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Lumberjack Match</p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> vs. Terry Funk w/ Bobby Heenan</p><p>

**If Mr. Perfect wins he'll get 5 minutes alone with Bobby Heenan and Heenan will be stripped of his WWF Managerial License for life.**</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

Shawn Michaels and Brian Pillman vs. <strong>Marty Jannetty and Tom Zenk</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Davids vs. Goliaths - 6-Man Tag Team Match</p><p>

<strong>The New Foundation and Al Snow</strong> vs. The Warlord, Kamala and Hercules</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>Crush</strong> vs. Smash w/ Mr. Fuji</p><p> </p><p>

Newcomer's Challenge</p><p>

<strong>"Dr. Death" Steve Williams and Terry Gordy</strong> vs. Haku & The Barbarian w/ Bobby Heenan</p><p> </p><p>

Free Agent Battle Royal</p><p>

2 Cold Scorpio, Bob Armstrong, Booker Huffman, Bull Nakano, The Canadian Giant, Carl Ouellet, <strong>Charles Wright</strong>, Dean Malenko, Diamond Dallas Page, Headshrinker 1, Headshrinker 2, George Hines, Gran Mendoza, Johnny Ace, Kip James, Kurrgan, Mabel, Norman Smiley, Sabu, Tony Norris </p><p>

**Winner gets a WWF Contract**</p><p> </p><p>

Bonus Question</p><p>

Match of the night?</p><p> </p><p>

Answer: <strong>Savage vs. Hart</strong></p>

<p>WWF World Heavyweight Championship</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>"Macho King" Randy Savage w/ The Kingdom ©</strong> vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart w/ The New Foundation</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: The Kingdom will make sure that the Title stays on Savage, vor now.</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

Hulk Hogan w/ "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. <strong>The Dragon</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>"The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff ©</strong> vs. The Big Boss Man</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid w/ I.R.S. ©</strong> vs. The Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer</strong> vs. The Ultimate Warrior</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Two Words: Kevin Sullivan</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

Comments: This is far from over.</p><p> </p><p>

Lumberjack Match</p><p>

Mr. Perfect vs. <strong>Terry Funk w/ Bobby Heenan</strong></p><p>

**If Mr. Perfect wins he'll get 5 minutes alone with Bobby Heenan and Heenan will be stripped of his WWF Managerial License for life.**</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: I really don't want Heenan to stop. He is just such a great Manager.</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>Shawn Michaels and Brian Pillman</strong> vs. Marty Jannetty and Tom Zenk</p><p> </p><p>

Comments: Zenk? Really? Marty Jannetty had a higher Chance of winning if he was fighting alone.</p><p> </p><p>

The New Foundation and Al Snow vs. <strong>The Warlord, Kamala and Hercules</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Comments: I feel like Snow is only there to look at the lights.</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>"Dr. Death" Steve Williams and Terry Gordy</strong> vs. Haku & The Barbarian w/ Bobby Heenan</p><p> </p><p>

2 Cold Scorpio, Bob Armstrong, Booker Huffman, Bull Nakano, The Canadian Giant, Carl Ouellet, Charles Wright, Dean Malenko, <strong>Diamond Dallas Page</strong>, Headshrinker 1, Headshrinker 2, George Hines, Gran Mendoza, Johnny Ace, Kip James, Kurrgan, Mabel, Norman Smiley, Sabu, Tony Norris</p><p>

Comments: I am really split between Malenko, Page and Nakano and since I can't decide I go with Page since I like him the most.</p><p> </p><p>

Bonus Question</p><p>

Answer: Hart vs. Savage would be the obvious choice, but i'll go with <strong>Hogan vs. Steamboat</strong></p>

<p>WWF Summerslam 1991</p><p> </p><p>

Sunday, Week 4, August 1991</p><p> </p><p>

From Madison Square Garden in New York, New York</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

WWF World Heavyweight Championship</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>Hulk Hogan</strong> w/ "Rowdy" Roddy Piper vs. The Dragon</p><p> </p><p>

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and Sid w/ I.R.S. © vs. <strong>The Legion of Doom w/ Paul Ellering</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer vs. <strong>The Ultimate Warrior</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

Lumberjack Match</p><p>

<strong>Mr. Perfect</strong> vs. Terry Funk w/ Bobby Heenan</p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

<strong>Shawn Michaels and Brian Pillman</strong> vs. Marty Jannetty and Tom Zenk</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The New Foundation and Al Snow</strong> vs. The Warlord, Kamala and Hercules</p><p> </p><p>

Grudge Match</p><p>

2 Cold Scorpio, Bob Armstrong, Booker Huffman, Bull Nakano, The Canadian Giant, Carl Ouellet, Charles Wright, Dean Malenko, <strong>Diamond Dallas Page</strong>, Headshrinker 1, Headshrinker 2, George Hines, Gran Mendoza, Johnny Ace, Kip James, Kurrgan, Mabel, Norman Smiley, Sabu, Tony Norris</p><p>

Bonus Question</p><p>

Answer: Bret vs Savage</p>