Confused about football sim

Guest SportsFan76

I think the toughest thing that GDS will have to overcome is the feeling of abandonment that many who purchased TPF experienced. While company politics was the cause, the typical customer just knows that they bought a game that receives very limited support and still contains some bad bugs. If a new game provides no support for continuing existing TPF leagues, that will also add resentment. IMO, I think Arlie could help the situation by providing another patch or two for TPF and emphasizing that he's doing it out of his dedication to his former customers since he is no longer associated with 400ss. Of course, that assumes he is allowed to do so. Perhaps politics doesn't allow him to work on TPF any longer.

[QUOTE=Bob Hanson]I think the toughest thing that GDS will have to overcome is the feeling of abandonment that many who purchased TPF experienced. While company politics was the cause, the typical customer just knows that they bought a game that receives very limited support and still contains some bad bugs. If a new game provides no support for continuing existing TPF leagues, that will also add resentment. IMO, I think Arlie could help the situation by providing another patch or two for TPF and emphasizing that he's doing it out of his dedication to his former customers since he is no longer associated with 400ss. Of course, that assumes he is allowed to do so. Perhaps politics doesn't allow him to work on TPF any longer.[/QUOTE] I thought that 400 SS kept the code or whatever ..... I have TPF and am happy with the game (I got my value) but a patch with the online play and player development improvement would be appreciated. The new game, being realistic; I don't see being compatible with TPF. Then again with a new engine , improved code, some of the improvements that have been suggested .... A possible college sim (which I would like better) to tie into the pro game -- from the startup menu the ability to chose - CFL, EFL, USFL, or other league setup (owners would have to understand that American rules would be used) then an add-on could be built for other league rules. .

Up until my current online league season I had never had a RTE either. This season I had two which required me to re-sim two weeks. But the point of my post wasn't to nitpick the game but instead to point out that it will take some effort to bring back non-hardcore customers who purchased TPF.

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to see a game in football or basketball where you are a coach and start out at a small college, then you work your way up to a bigger college and then if you do good maybe you can get a job in the pros. I know it sounds like a lot but sports interactive's eastside hockey manager has like 10 leagues or something and just having two couldn't be that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived