Some questions about booking NJPW and touring companies in general

Hello folks!

I'm booking NJPW with my friend in a kind of two player game. I had some questions about booking touring companies.

1. I've read here that to get a "tour highlights" tv show working, you just set up weekly events that arent broadcast anywhere else. I'm wondering if I can have a tour highlights tv deal, but also broadcast my "Road to" shows on njpwworld as they do in real life.

2. Speaking of njpwworld, I understand that in real life most of the subscribers are outside Japan. Because of the "one PPV carrier per region" rule, I guess it would be smart to edit njpwworld so it doesn't include Japan, then freeing me up to get a PPV broadcast deal within Japan for more money?

3. In previous games, I simulated young lion excursions by just loaning them to CMLL or RevPro. I'm finding the workers' popularity is so low that they don't get booked. I'm wondering if it would make sense to create a development territory to simulate young lions on excursion, and maybe send some of the older workers down there to wrestle and train the young lions.

4. If I were to do that, does anyone have any tips in how to set it up? How big? Child company vs development territory, etc? Keeping in mind that at any given time, two or three young lions are on excursion at once.

If anyone could give me any tips with any of this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't really remember how I had my game set up, but my network thing was working. I had a tour highlights TV show on TV Asahi, put my big events as Pay Per View on Samurai!, and did most of my other "Road To" shows on NJPW World, which should be set up as a streaming service and not a PPV carrier. I don't remember running into the "one carrier per region" rule you mention, so I'd double check all of the information in Broadcasters in the in-game editor to see if your database has it right.

My calendar was made up entirely of "events". I booked everything as an "event", whether it was Wrestle Kingdom or a "Road To" show. I limited my "Road To"'s to small buildings and threw them on NJPW World or even forwent broadcasting them entirely. I kept my schedule as "touring", and just changed my active months on the 1st of every month so I was "touring" every single month. That let me keep the tour highlights show running on TV Asahi w/o me booking for it.

You're gonna have to eat the losses for young lions if you want to do it right. The best thing to do is to enter the game as the owner of CMLL or RevPro and sign them to a contract and hope the AI books them after you erase that new player. Pop into the editor to give their popularity a boost (I mean, Shota Umino is more popular globally than like half of RevPro's regular roster) and then they should pop up on the shows. Creating a new brand and everything could work but it is a lot of extra time. You could keep running LION'S GATE shows as real NJPW seemed to stop that, but it was a good way to book young lions in fun matches without much pressure before they go on excursion.

tl;dr you should have 3 broadcast deals and you should just use the editor to boost young lions so they get booked

snip

Thank you for the tips!

What I meant by the one region rule, if you broadcast the ppv on samurai in japan, then you can't also put it in njpwworld to have it seen worldwide, because japan overlaps and it will only let you show the event on one broadcaster per country.

As for the young lions, I edited Kawato to 100 overness in mexico and they still were hardly booking him on CMLL shows. Not sure why. Ideally I want them wrestling many times per week to improve their skills.

Thank you for the tips!

What I meant by the one region rule, if you broadcast the ppv on samurai in japan, then you can't also put it in njpwworld to have it seen worldwide, because japan overlaps and it will only let you show the event on one broadcaster per country.

As for the young lions, I edited Kawato to 100 overness in mexico and they still were hardly booking him on CMLL shows. Not sure why. Ideally I want them wrestling many times per week to improve their skills.

Yeah so for my big shows I just put them on Samurai! PPV. It generated huge amounts of cash for me.

And that is odd. I'd double check to see his position in the company and see what the owner's business preferences are for roster size and everything. It's hard to simulate but even IRL they don't wrestle multiple matches per week, so you might have to just bite the bullet and manually adjust the skills when you want them to return from excursion.

An overall tip - there are some things that happen in the real world that just can't be emulated right in TEW. Don't be afraid to go in the in-game editor and mess around to fix things you think need to be fixed.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dean" data-cite="dean" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah so for my big shows I just put them on Samurai! PPV. It generated huge amounts of cash for me.<p> </p><p> And that is odd. I'd double check to see his position in the company and see what the owner's business preferences are for roster size and everything. It's hard to simulate but even IRL they don't wrestle multiple matches per week, so you might have to just bite the bullet and manually adjust the skills when you want them to return from excursion.</p><p> </p><p> An overall tip - there are some things that happen in the real world that just can't be emulated right in TEW. Don't be afraid to go in the in-game editor and mess around to fix things you think need to be fixed.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks.</p><p> </p><p> Yeah so my idea was to edit njpwworld so it didn't include Japan, so then I could run my big shows on njpwworld and Samurai at the same time.</p><p> </p><p> Kawato was a main eventer and he was featuring on maybe 1 out of 5 shows for CMLL.</p><p> </p><p> I'm curious as to why you think a Development territory is a bad idea. If I create a touring dev running 4 shows per week and just fill it with old veterans shouldn't that help the young guys improve?</p>

<p>I think a dev company in foreign territories is a great idea and one I use.</p><p> </p><p>

In WCW games I often create a WCW International alliance and create development companies around the world. It helps increase skills and build overness for workers in a place that you otherwise wouldn’t be running regular shows in.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think a dev company in foreign territories is a great idea and one I use.<p> </p><p> In WCW games I often create a WCW International alliance and create development companies around the world. It helps increase skills and build overness for workers in a place that you otherwise wouldn’t be running regular shows in.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The only thing I'm not sure if is development territory or child company? I dont really have enough workers to send them an entire roster. So maybe child company so they hire their own guys?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RocheBag" data-cite="RocheBag" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47076" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The only thing I'm not sure if is development territory or child company? I dont really have enough workers to send them an entire roster. So maybe child company so they hire their own guys?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In that case, child company does make the most sense.</p>