What would you like to see GDS create next?

Guest IrishHand

What would you like to see GDS create next?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see GDS create next?

• Pro Football Sim
    • College Football Sim
    • College Basketball Sim
    • Cricket Sim
    • Golf Sim
    • Car Racing Sim
    • Baseball Sim
    • Boxing Sim
    • Hockey Sim
    • Other (Specify Below)

Guest IrishHand
I'm sure they're going to do what they feel inspired to do (as it should be) regardless, but I was curious what other gamers thought.

Alright, I'd just like to say why I'm in favour of a cricket sim. Firstly, the fact that there are very few cricket sims of a good standard available. There is Michael Vaughn's Cricket Manager, which is a very ordinary game, and there is International Cricket Captain 2001 and 2002. Beyond that, there are very few alternatives and nothing of a commercial standard. Secondly, I believe that a cricket sim would have a wider appeal than the other games. I wouldn't think there would be a market for football games at all outside of the USA, and college football would narrow the scope even further. I would suggest that the same applies for baseball. Hockey would be popular in a few countries, no doubt, although given that .400 Software Studios already promotes Face Off (not to mention TPF and GDS promoting TPB) and the fact that the popularity of hockey is waning, I wouldn't think that idea would be more feasible than a cricket sim. Boxing is certainly viable, although isn't as mainstream (on an international scale) as cricket. Golf is certainly a sport that is embraced worldwide, but again, not to the degree of many other sports. Car racing, unless it was formula one, also applies to this in my opinion. And I don't know enough about the backstage mechanics of formula one to comment on how a sim could be made with respect to F1 racing. In my opinion, a good cricket sim would sell huge numbers. Although it largely takes the American members out of the equation, it brings in both fans from the UK and Australia. In Australia, cricket's popularity is second only to Aussie Rules football, and in England I would suggest cricket is just as big. Now I could be way off the mark here, but judging by the amount of people who visit the TEW forums as opposed to the other game forums would suggest that more people would have purchased TEW than the other games .400 Software Studios offered. Personally, I would say this would have to do with the fact that wrestling is more popular on a global scale than the other sports. Cricket is the same. The sport is like a religion in Pakistan, Sri Lanka and India (although I'm not sure how accessible the internet is in those countries), it is big in South Africa and the West Indies, not to mention New Zealand where it is has a very strong following. Therefore, as I see it, a cricket sim will have a wider appeal and given the lack of cricket games in this mould, it would be a great opportunity to put a game out there in what would appear to be a market with no competition (in terms of cricket simulators). That's my two cents, anyway.

[QUOTE=Danny Drickman]Of which they did not.[/QUOTE] Thanks dude. Yeah, I encourage you to check them. I didn't create any usernames to vote in the poll. I showed the poll to a couple of friends, namingly The Flamin' Mongrel, but that's about it.

[QUOTE=Powerguy]I voted for football. But I'd also like to see a college basketball game. TDCB and TPF are two of my favorites and I can only imagine what version 2 would be like for both.[/QUOTE] you check out FBCB ..an excellent college basketball game [url]http://www.fbbgames.com/fbcb/index.htm[/url]

[QUOTE=Poison]Thanks dude. Yeah, I encourage you to check them. I didn't create any usernames to vote in the poll. I showed the poll to a couple of friends, namingly The Flamin' Mongrel, but that's about it.[/QUOTE] Oh you also showed I. :)

While I enjoy both FoF and TPF, I voted for a pro football sim since I feel both games don't quite offer the complete experience for me. My dream game would be one that uses an interface like Championship Manager, combines the stats and playcalling of FoF, the fun factor of TPF and add in everything thats missing :p Unlikely I know (particulary the interface) but I can dream :)

Archived