Somebody Help me out here

I am a little confused by some of the wrestler "types". Sports Entertainer I understand, and Luchadore, Cruiserweight, etc. But what the heck is a "Super Junior", and why do they get so many rating points to start? It seems that "Strong Style", "Super Junior", and "Technician" give you a huge advantage - Initial Total points for a generic Heavyweight wrestler, according to style: Regular - 157 Sports Ent - 147 Strong - 205 Spot Monkey - 120 Luchadore - 159 Cruiser - 141 Super Junior - 184 Technician - 184 Brawler - 151 Psychopath - 125 For Middleweights, Super Junior is much better - well over 200. Why should I ever choose a style other than "Strong", "Super Junior" (whatever the heck that means), or "Technician"? Are there any disadvantages to these styles? I'd kind of like to make a Psychopath, but I'm afraid he'd never win a match.

Super Junior started off as a Japanese thing I believe. They're also called Junior Heavyweights elsewhere, it's basically guys under a certain weight limit that excludes them from being Heavyweight champions, but they're not neccesarily restricted to being high fliers and spot monkeys. The Super J Cup in Japan or CZW's Best of the Best tournament are good examples of Super Juniors

OK, forgive my ignorance, but Super Junor sounds a lot like "cruiserweight", except with much higher skill ratings. Is there any negative to choosing Super Junior that would offset the higher ratings? For a generic middleweight, choosing cruiser gives me 142 points, while choosing Super-J gives me 198.

OK. But if I get a 50-80 point bonus for choosing one of these styles, why in the world would I choose a different style? It seems remarkably counterproductive to choose to be a "regular wrestler" or a "cruiserweight", unless these "high skill" styles (Strong, Super J, Tecnician) have some disadvantage that I am unaware of.

Rick is right... it all boils down to where you want to work. You can take that middleweight and go for the Strong Style route, but you'll find it more difficult to make it in a Sports Entertainment fed. That's not to say you wouldn't - just that it will be a tad rougher, than say... working in Japan for a Purer style.

Archived