Southern Pro Wrestling- An Effganic Dynasty

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="IronmanCampbell" data-cite="IronmanCampbell" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47433" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> 6 out of 10- You got all the main matches correct, just let down by the undercard. How have you found Ishibashi's win in the tournament and subsequent World Title victory? </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When you gave Ishibashi the win, I felt it was necessary for him to win it all. Otherwise the tournament would have probably been pointless. Still, this is an interesting development. I am looking forword to the post-boone era. It feels that we are headed to the future and I can't wait to find out what comes next.</p>

SPW Octoberfest 1922 Aftermath & News

Aftermath

The crowning of Tetsuyuki Ishibashi as the new SPW World Champion went as well as management had hoped for. Firstly the return of Saita Kuroki was met with a positive, if not spectacular reaction, and then Ishibashi and Boone constructed a fine bout that, with a rating of 50 becoming the 11th best match of all time (and the 2nd best World Title match ever). The reaction to Ishibashi's victory was good too, and the post match celebration, which included many of SPW's top babyfaces was received warmly by the crowd.

The title change was as much about the end of Joe Boone's reign as it was about Ishibashi's victory, Boone had been on top for a full year and it was important to ensure the fans didn't become fatigued by having a heel champion for too long a period. SPW had compressed the spring for long enough and it was time to pass all that built up equity to a new man, now would be the real test of Ishibashi to see if he could take the ball and run with it.

There were great performances by Squire Albert Berik, Thomas Appleseed and Perry Bryant at the show, who all carried their respective matches. The same was true of Daniel Loiselle who, despite teaming with Emilio Suarez still managed to stand out, and once again prove that he was the top in ring performer on the roster.

News

sMHj4ZP.jpg

The deal to bring Saita Kuroki back to SPW was a short one and had been initially agreed to run for 3 months through to the end of the year. Kuroki was still a little bitter about the previous end to their working relationship, and eager to get back in the ring but was persuaded to come back by his good friend Frank Norris.

With Tetsuyuki Ishibashi set to win the World Title at Octoberfest it felt like the right time to bring Kuroki back and have him celebrate with his protege, it also helped take the New Alliance element out of the equation for the main event, which was important in order to distinguish Ishibashi's ability to win the title over others inability to do so.

CdzKKCg.jpg

There was a further upswing in quality at PoG's latest event 'Heavy Duty' on October 30th as they achieved a 38 rated show thanks mainly to the best match the company had put on up to this point (rated 41), and the main event of the show, which saw Pygmalion Angel make his 6th successful defence of the PoG World Title against Peter Jelinek in the 3rd collision in their feud. Underneath was another good battle between Berg Andersson and Albert Larsen over Andersson's PoG National Title, where the Swede retained his title in a count out victory. Marek Wozniak overcame Bjarni Johansson in another rematch in the semi-main spot on the show, while Angelino Romano suffered an injury that was set to keep him out of action for the next month in his opening victory opposite Miguel Filho.

SPW Pro Wrestling 33 Preview

Here is the preview for SPW Pro Wrestling 33...

Southern Pro Wrestling heads into a new era following the happenings at Octoberfest and the crowning of a new World Champion, but there are some things in the past that can't be forgotten...

After teaming together last month to overcome Double Shot, Daniel Loiselle and Emilio Suarez are on a collision course once again as they look to settle a score that has its roots way back to the very beginning of SPW. It was their feud over the World Title that dominated main events for the promotion's first year and culminated at the 1st Anniversary Show with Suarez, then under the mask of El Espiritu, defeating Loiselle for the Championship. Suarez's reign came to a premature end however, when he was defeated by Joe Boone at Octoberfest 1921. Boone was only able to get the victory thanks to Daniel Loiselle who, in attempting to help stave off the interference of Boone's stablemates in The Alliance, actually ended up costing Suarez the title.

In December of last year, Loiselle had his first opportunity to win the World Title back since losing it, but was denied by Suarez who deliberately got Loiselle disqualified in his match with Joe Boone as payback for Loiselle's previous mistake. Afterwards the pair agreed to stay out of one another's way as they both pursued World Champion Boone but found their luck unchanging- Suarez lost his mask at the hands of Boone, while Loiselle failed to win the number 1 contender round robin in the Spring that would have seen him earn a title shot that Boone was unwilling to give him.

Both men had the chance to win a title shot again at Octoberfest, in the Summer Super Tournament and things were going well as both progressed to the semi-final where they would meet one another. Despite battling hard, neither could put the other away and the 30-minute time limit draw that resulted, signalled the end of the tournament for both men. That's why Daniel Loiselle requested this match against his long time rival to find out who the better man is once and for all, in a bout that will have no time limit. As if this history wasn't enough, newly crowned World Champion, Tetsuyuki Ishibashi has promised that he will face the winner of the match at Festive Fury- it's going to be a fight for the ages!

Speaking of the World Champion, it is fair to say that he may not have been able to overcome the odds of The New Alliance had it not been for his tag partner, Masao Kobayashi, and their mentor Saita Kuroki forming a barrier to prevent the stable getting involved. Now, the three men will face the New Alliance team of Spike Morgan, Perry Bryant & Nathan Hayes as Boone's soldiers attempt to extract a manner of revenge for the Japanese trio out manoeuvring them at Octoberfest.

The tag team titles will be on the line at the show as The Faithful defend their belts against No Nonsense in what should be a fascinating contest, not least because it would seem that their respective issues with two other teams- Young Guns and The Chivalry- are far from over. This potential chaos could hamper or benefit either pair, and in an attempt to prevent interference, SPW have also booked a singles collision between Sir Anthony Henry and Roland Pascual in a bid to keep the two teams occupied during the show.

In addition to all this, the card will feature the likes of former Tag Team Champions, Levi Andrews and Friedrich Herzog, Dustin David, Squire Albert Berik and Leroy Disco, for an all action evening of pro wrestling!

Full Card

Daniel Loiselle vs. Emilio Suarez

Spike Morgan, Perry Bryant & Nathan Hayes vs. The Kuroki Boys & Saita Kuroki

Sir Anthony Henry vs. Roland Pascual

SPW Tag Team Title Match- The Faithful © vs. No Nonsense

Squire Albert Berik vs. Scott Levesque

Double Shot vs. Levi Andrews & Friedrich Herzog

Diana Gosselin vs. Ryo Matsuda

La Oscuridad & Danny Cool vs. Dustin David & Bernie Hughes

Big Z vs. Leroy Disco

Spike Morgan, Perry Bryant & Nathan Hayes vs. The Kuroki Boys & Saita Kuroki

Big Z vs. Leroy Disco

Woops, missed the last round, sorry about that.

This is a tough one and will depend on were these two are going. I actually go with draw here, thinking that someone or someones could interfere here and best both of them down in order to kick-start a new feud.

Spike Morgan, Perry Bryant & Nathan Hayesvs. The Kuroki Boys & Saita Kuroki

Thinking that heels get the win here as they look like stronger unit.

I'm still rating Henry higher.

No title change just yet.

Berik is higher on the pecking order.

Andrews and Herzog gain some momentum here.

As usual my pick is entirely based on champion so now that thete's heel champ, I think faces are more likely to win.

This looks pretty even match but I go with faces.

Big Z vs. Leroy Disco

Thinking that Disco is higher on pecking order

<p><strong>Daniel Loiselle</strong> vs. Emilio Suarez</p><p>

<strong>Spike Morgan, Perry Bryant & Nathan Hayes</strong> vs. The Kuroki Boys & Saita Kuroki</p><p>

<strong>Sir Anthony Henry</strong> vs. Roland Pascual</p><p>

SPW Tag Team Title Match- <strong>The Faithful ©</strong> vs. No Nonsense</p><p>

Squire Albert Berik vs. <strong>Scott Levesque</strong></p><p>

Double Shot vs. <strong>Levi Andrews & Friedrich Herzog</strong></p><p>

<strong>Diana Gosselin</strong> vs. Ryo Matsuda</p><p>

<strong>La Oscuridad & Danny Cool</strong> vs. Dustin David & Bernie Hughes</p><p>

Big Z vs. <strong>Leroy Disco</strong></p>

SPW Pro Wrestling 33

SPW Pro Wrestling 33

2epe58T.jpg

2nd November 1922. Jackson, MS.

Attendance: 417

Match 1: Leroy Disco vs. Big Z

kAlHp55.jpg vs. 8wMMztk.jpg

In a poor match, Leroy Disco defeated Big Z in 6:54 by pinfall with a Flapjack.

Rating: 31

Match 2: La Oscuridad & Danny Cool vs. Dustin David & Bernie Hughes

uKbM6t2.jpgAkyeJir.jpg vs. xmDEPG9.jpgI9fwGhU.jpg

In a decent match, La Oscuridad and Danny Cool defeated Dustin David and Bernie Hughes in 10:19 when La Oscuridad defeated Bernie Hughes by pinfall with a Flapjack.

Rating: 40

Match 3: Ryo Matsuda vs. Diana Gosselin

E14Mu1S.jpg vs. aM8W6or.jpg

In a poor match, Ryo Matsuda defeated Diana Gosselin in 7:48 by submission.

Rating: 31

Match 4: Levi Andrews & Friedrich Herzog vs. Double Shot

jee5VHL.jpg6RNouzl.jpg vs. ymkrBm7.jpgq56n1eQ.jpg

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Alliance defeated Double Shot in 12:22 when Friedrich Herzog defeated Carl Hackney by pinfall.

Rating: 34

Match 5: Squire Albert Berik vs. Scott Levesque

MHEy4YU.jpg vs. Msr7DxW.jpg

In a decent match, Squire Albert Berik defeated Scott Levesque in 8:39 by pinfall with a handful of tights.

Rating: 28

Match 6: SPW Tag Team Title Match- The Faithful © vs. No Nonsense

xKawI4N.jpg1O264UX.jpg vs. woi6tgy.jpgxdkaygP.jpg

In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Faithful defeated No Nonsense in 14:15 when Austyn Taylor defeated Beau Joslin by pinfall with a Top Rope Headbutt following interference from Consuelo Montero.

SOzrHVi.jpg

The Faithful make defence number 3 of their SPW Tag Team titles.

Rating: 38

Match 7: Sir Anthony Henry vs. Roland Pascual

dX61G2L.jpg vs. F0SO0Oy.jpg

In a decent match, Sir Anthony Henry defeated Roland Pascual in 11:07 by pinfall after a distraction from Thomas Appleseed.

xKawI4N.jpg

Rating: 36

Match 8: Spike Morgan, Perry Bryant & Nathan Hayes vs. Saita Kuroki & The Kuroki Boys

xjocTA7.jpgb3eCW1P.jpglj2pNRH.jpg vs. sMHj4ZP.jpgotIrGJI.jpgAjjSNVs.jpg

In a decent match, Spike Morgan, Perry Bryant and Nathan Hayes defeated Saita Kuroki and The Kuroki Boys in 15:21 when Perry Bryant defeated Masao Kobayashi by pinfall.

Rating: 38

After the match, Joe Boone came to the ring looking angry and holding a microphone.

0GMbMmW.jpg

"I am here to address those men who conspired against me and the New Alliance at Octoberfest, 1 month ago, to rob me of my SPW World Title. Saita Kuroki- you had no business coming back to SPW, and you have no business in this ring because you retired 6 months ago! You promised all these people that your match in February was going to be your last and yet, here you are, tonight you wrestled again."

He then turned to Tetsyuki Ishibashi.

"I want to congratulate you on your fluke victory at Octoberfest, but I wouldn't enjoy it too much because the glory won't last long- that belt is coming back my way soon enough."

He then turned away from Ishibashi.

"The real reason I am here however is that I want to put out a warning to Levi Andrews and The Alliance. Ever since I won the World Title, Levi Andrews couldn't accept that it was me, not him, that secured the World Title for The Alliance, and so Andrews engineered a split in the Alliance which has seen us at war for months. Now I am going to win that title back, but before I do that, I am going to destroy you Levi Andrews. I'm not gonna leave it there though, I am going to destroy each and every person who has stood with you Andrews, and I will remove you and your Alliance from the picture once and for all- leaving the New Alliance to reign supreme!"

Rating: 41

Match 9: Daniel Loiselle vs. Emilio Suarez

DIrVef3.jpg vs. 8gT5EHp.jpg

In a decent match, Emilio Suarez defeated Daniel Loiselle in 36:29 by pinfall.

Rating: 41

Overall Show Rating: 40

• 2 years later...