JaCeLo3's 2020 NCAA Mod

Proud to share my 2020 mod for the community. Lots of time went into this and I think it adds an awesome real life touch to the game. So far I personally haven't ran into any run time errors or anything like that. Hopefully none of you do either.

FILE: http://www.mediafire.com/file/32tbk6pd4m22a92/JaCeLo3-2020-BBCF.zip/file

WHAT IS UPDATED?

- All teams prestige have been updated to reflect to the current state of college football in 2019-2020.

- Update to intro graphic screen and BBCF logo in the control panel menu. Gives it a more modern/fresh feel.

- All team logos have been updated to be current for 2020.

- All team helmets are added into the game. I used to use a site called mghelmets.com to get helmets, however it seems that site is now gone so I had to use Web Archive to go back and try to get the new teams added to complete the 2020 season. I didn't want to custom make 100+ team helmets, sorry guys. I don't think any of them are out of date really as teams use multiple helmets nowadays anyway.

- All teams should have up to date mid-field logos for their games if you decide to play each game of your season. I went through and researched field by field and tried to match up the mid-field art to the specific school.

- Same thing with the endzones, I made endzone art for every team and did my best to make them all are accurate for 2020.

- All stadiums have been renamed and the capacity of each has been updated to be current as of the 2020 season.

- All bowl games have been updated to match the upcoming 2020 season, along with the locations and winnings for each bowl game itself.

- NOTE: With this game being originally created during when all bowls/postseason games were dictated by computers, there are a couple of things to note with the bowl games and playoffs (4 or 16 team). The game itself can not strategically decide which bowl games are in for the playoffs each year (in real life it rotates), and they also can't dictate which teams to snag for their game based off of the setup it is in today's age of college football (bowls get choices now). Back in the day when this game was made, it literally was all setup to where bowls would know who they were getting when the end of the year standings were final. The logic of the software simply just can't do that, so it's still going to be setup with that old computer logic. However I adjusted all of the bowl games to match-up the conferences and placements the best as I possibly could to get it as close to modern as I could get. Turns out pretty good I think, actually.

- There's three bowl games that don't have special ties to any conferences really and the game doesn't automatically assign 'at-large' bids like real life does. So those bowls (Fiesta, Cotton, and Peach) will always be a part of the playoffs. If you play a 16 team tournament, there's multiple bowls amongst the playoff field and some repeat...deal with it, this is just part of a dated game that can't fully take on the human decision aspects of the new bowl/playoffs setup in real life.

Any bug findings or things missing just post on here, etc. - enjoy.

• 1 month later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="JaCeLo3" data-cite="JaCeLo3" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47478" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Proud to share my 2020 mod for the community. Lots of time went into this and I think it adds an awesome real life touch to the game. So far I personally haven't ran into any run time errors or anything like that. Hopefully none of you do either.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Bravo mate!</p>

• 5 months later...

Thanks for doing this, it looks awesome so far!

One question I have -- not sure if this has to do with the mod or the game itself. I started a league, and I'm playing as Michigan. Ideally, I'd like to see Michigan playing Ohio State in the last game of the season. But I'm not playing Ohio State at all. I'm not playing Penn State, either. Shouldn't I be playing everyone in my division? 2nd season got a little better, I'm playing 5 of the 6 other teams in my division, but still no Ohio State.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One question I have -- not sure if this has to do with the mod or the game itself. I started a league, and I'm playing as Michigan. Ideally, I'd like to see Michigan playing Ohio State in the last game of the season. But I'm not playing Ohio State at all. I'm not playing Penn State, either. Shouldn't I be playing everyone in my division? 2nd season got a little better, I'm playing 5 of the 6 other teams in my division, but still no Ohio State.

I have this problem too, but I don't necessarily think it's tied to the mod as we had it happen in our online league where OSU and Michigan would always play in Week 1. My guess is that it has something to do with the modern conference alignment/rules. There's a way you can go in and set this game manually via MS Access, but I forget how exactly and it didn't always work that great.

Does it sort itself if you sim ahead 2 years as a test?

I have this problem too, but I don't necessarily think it's tied to the mod as we had it happen in our online league where OSU and Michigan would always play in Week 1. My guess is that it has something to do with the modern conference alignment/rules. There's a way you can go in and set this game manually via MS Access, but I forget how exactly and it didn't always work that great.

Does it sort itself if you sim ahead 2 years as a test?

To follow-up, I'm able to edit the pstats file (in MS Access) to "force" Michigan and Ohio State to play, but they always seem to play in Week 1. I'm not sure how to get that game to auto schedule any other way. They are both listed as each other's rival for Week 15 in the Teams section of the database. Not sure why it doesn't register though.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just an outdated flaw of the overall game itself. Flaw might not be the best word since the game was made LONG before so many changes happened to the NCAA college football world.

Many of the issues won't get fixed until there's a new game that comes out, a lot can not be fixed with a mod, but with a software/programming update overall. No idea when of even if that is happening.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I tried but haven't had any luck with yet was swapping the entire B1G with another 14-team conference in the hopes this would get OSU/MICH to play each year.

In the editor I just switched the conference number for those teams and it works, but the game still doesn't get scheduled that way.

Perhaps someone with more know-how can try something different with that info.

Also, would it help to expand or contract the B1G?

JaCeLo3 or anyone else, where I left off was just messing around with updated the project conferences with SEC adding Oklahoma and Texas, etc.

It seems to work (and I move the 3 remaining Indys to CUSA to give it 10 teams minus JSU and JMU while leaving Notre Dame as the only Indy), but the schedules for those moved teams seem really messed up.

For instance, Oklahoma and Texas seem to generate a schedule (before invites) that looks like an INDY team.

Aside from the conferences and teams tabs in stats.dat, is there someplace else this should be aligned?

Also, when I tested a move of Notre Dame to B1G East (with Indiana going to the West), it created similar indy-looking schedules for all B1G teams.

So that ended my testing :)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/19/2020 at 9:41 AM, Passacaglia said:

So here's (kinda) an answer 3 years later.  If you're still having trouble with this... (sorry, just saw this post!)

I am just picking this game back up.  It's been a couple years or so... I don't have any of my original files, as everything was corrupted.  I also have to figure out how I did it, but I also figured out how to get Michigan to play ohio at the end of the season.  There was something weird in the original file that I could not get to change using MS Access.  Other teams I was able to change.  So I set up a completely new Big Ten with info from the teams copied, but the ID # was different.  I was then able to set the rivalry and the week it is played.  Will have to figure out all over again exactly how to do it as I build anew.

Why did I stop playing?  Got an error that I would get fairly often, so I knew I needed to back everything up or risk losing it all.  I got the perfect running back.  He wasn't highly rated where he looked like he would be exciting, but he was strong & like 99 endurance.  When he went in the game he just rolled through everyone.  Never got tired.  I was genuinely in love with this player.  He was the RB I always wanted, but would never get.  Then... the error.  Last backup was before he was generated.  Then I had to wipe the computer because of something else & the game wouldn't install on the refreshed computer.  (I finally got it to install on a laptop I almost never use.  So I'm back... and in search of that perfect RB!)