What's Going on in Your Game?

On 5/2/2023 at 5:08 PM, Inky The Squid Boy said:

Emergent gameplay and my favourite TEW save I've ever done or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love ZomBoy

Great booking. Things like this are why I love TEW. Great writing too - I've never played C-verse but your story got me so invested in Zomboy

• Like 1

I recently finished NYCW King of New York 2020 and despite winning the trophy in a 30 man mayhem match and going over Art Reed in order to do so, Riley McManus has yet to become a star though he is well known.  I'm hoping he's not capped or something, I plan to bring in one of the Dirty White Boys on the next show to see if going over one of them is enough to launch Riley into his well deserved super stardom.  In other news Tennessee William won the NYCW Empire title from Brutus Milano after Super Massive Destroyer interfered on William's behalf.  Not sure who's gonna go after the belt after Tennessee William is finished with Milano, I'm considering elevating Happy Elwood into contention or having Animal Harker feud with him for it.  

Speaking of Animal Harker, he's been feuding with Sayeed Ali who's another candidate for the Empire title after Tennessee William's run with it is finished.  He's nominally aligned with Reckless Antix who are being primed for a run at the NYCW Tag Team Titles currently held by Fighting Irish.  Masked Stranger is still feuding with Denny King over Denny's Tri State title and I've begun to intertwine that feud with the DiMeo Family's feud with Brooklyn's Finest which will culminate in a three way trios match where Brooklyn's Finest team with Masked Stranger to face the Dimeo Family and the team of Denny King and the Boy's From The Yukon.

Art Reed and Masked Avatar are feuding with Big Tex Avatar and his brother Jack, as part of Masked Avatar's plan to toughen his cousins up.  Basically it's a way to build up Jack and Tex's skills before I start pushing them in earnest.

Finally both COTT titles changed hands in New Zealand.  Pablo Rodriguez lost the COTT World Title to Monday Next and the American Cobras dropped the COTT tag team titles to Pinky and the Vane of all teams.

• Like 1

SWF: I executed a great storyline where Spencer Spade and Jimmy "Mainstream" Hernandez were proteges (lackeys) for the "heroic" heel Rocky Golden. Jimmy won my version of the Royal Rumble, elected to challenge Golden (after he stopped Golden from beating Jack Bruce down) and Jimmy is now my champ. Might be a bit sudden. 

Spade sided with Golden but hesitantly (Jimmy and him were rivals for Golden's attention at first but over time became friends) then refused to help Golden retain the title at Supreme Challenge. Now Spade has the backing of Rich Money's "Money Corp" but his relationship with Jimmy is still a mystery. 

Bret Starr and Des Davids are tearing it up managed by Emma Chase. They'll be challenging Jimmy for the belt while Davids defends his NA title against newcomer Aaron Ace (Andrews). 

Valiant turned heel as King Snake and aligned with Scythe against a face Rogue (who admits he always admired the virtuous Valiant because he knew he couldn't live up to it). Much pathos but king snake is about to get more than he bargained for when he "summons" Vengeance. Lots of emotion and pathos. 

ZWB is becoming a star. 

The Awesomeness are my tag champs. Not sure who they'll feud with. Maybe Double Platinum (AKA the Platinum Blondes). 

Got Jay Chord. Him and Angry Gilmore are having absolute bangers of matches,

Remo is blasting as always. He'll be challenging for the world title soon. 

Eric Eisen reformed a stable of his daddy;'s loyalists to take on those who wronged him. (Gilmore, Morgan, DuBois). It doesn't go well then Rich Money comes in for his revenge, a hostile takeover of Eisen's group. Then Money decides to back the next big thing Spencer Spade so Money Corp is a support system for Spade.

So far so good heading into August. 

(Edit: Marc DuBois I assign to SWF. I use the CVerse 2022 mod's SWF Network and DuBois's recovery is it's big "non wrestling" show. Eisen is bitter because he was the top prospect and he "threw it away" though the details aren't specified)

Edited by ExRufas2000
Clarity
  • Like 1

The G1 Climax is about to begin but first let's rewind back to Dontaku.

Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi def. Shawn Michaels

Hiroshi Tanahashi lost his title in a triple threat match, a rarity in NJPW, and the first to actually lose the Heavyweight title in a triple threat, to Yuji Nagata, who pinned Chris Jericho. Tanahashi's own ego had gotten the better of him, and someone who knows ego better than anyone, Shawn Michaels publicly challenged Tanahashi after shaming him and declaring that the Ace was wasting his prime making stupid rookie mistakes. Tanahashi accepted, but during the build-up to Dontaku, it was clear that Shawn demanded the match opens, largely because Tanahashi spent practically zero time as a young lion. Tanahashi would defeat Shawn, but also gain a valuable lesson, and now we can see the Ace finally coming into his own.

Special Singles Match: Samoa Joe def. Jun Akiyama

Samoa Joe has been targeting the weakened Holy Demon Army since debuting in NJPW this year, first taking out Kawada, and now Akiyama falls. This has fallen on deaf ears though, as Holy Demon Army isn't a hierarchy, so even though Joe has beaten both Kawada and Akiyama, Kenta Kobashi doesn't feel obligated to a match with him. This has infuriated Samoa Joe.. and since then, it felt like this was Joe's fate. Until.. Night 1, the G1 Climax brackets reveal the main event is Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi. Joe wants to prove he is a main event player? This is his best chance.

NEVER Openweight: Yoshi-tatsu def. Suwama (c)

A miracle. For months, Chono's nefarious faction has bullied Blue Justice members. All of them, really. Chono mocked Nagata, saying while Nagata chose guys with "heart" Chono chose guys with talent. And... this is true. Nagata's only reliable recruit has been Nakanishi, which... isn't great, considering Nakanishi is Nagata's long-time tag team partner, and has had little singles success. After most of Blue Justice has fallen, Yoshi-tatsu finally went up to bat, and while others were spoken about having a legitimate chance, nobody expected this outcome. Finally, Suwama eats his words, and Blue Justice acquires a badly needed win.

IWGP Heavyweight Tag: Ten-koji def. RAMPAGE (c)

Rampage had been a successful team riding waves of momentum since their Tag League win back in 2006. Sadly... it came crashing down, when the much more experienced Ten-koji picked apart Rampage's weaknesses, making it apparent that Kuroda's own insecurities allowed him to be singled out, and Rhino's brutal smashmouth offense was easily countered. It wasn't a great showing for Rampage, and with their teamwork figured out, they'll need to adapt. Meanwhile, Ten-Koji now ties STOIC (Sasaki & Hase) for most title reigns with the same teammate, at 5.

IWGP United States Champion: Edge def. Osamu Nishmura (c)

For a while, Edge and Christian Cage were best known as DX goons. They would acquire two quick tag title reigns together, and when DX disbanded amicably, they both decided to team still. They would join forces with Chris Jericho this year and continue to focus on their singles career. Cage would come up short against Nishmura which prompted Edge and Jericho rock-paper-scissoring who would get the next attempt. Edge would actually defeat Nishmura though, and is now the first of the three since forming to win a singles title.

IWGP Joshi: Bull Nakano (c) def. Manami Toyota

Pains me to say that Toyota is actually in time decline. At 36. This was supposed to be a Toyota win, due to their last match being a draw just 3 weeks before Dontaku, then I realized that Toyota was in deep decline. Normally I kayfabe/tell the stories, but I legit was so frustrated that she could be in decline at 36 that I just lost like a year of plans for this title. So yeah, no story, just upsetti spaghetti.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight: Koji Kanemoto (c) def. BOSJ Winner Hayabusa 

Since Mutoh-gun's disbanding, nobody has benefitted quite like Koji Kanemoto. Kanemoto prior to his title win would side align with Suzuki-gun. He would instantly acquire the title off of Rey Misterio Jr, who was white hot just defeating Hayabusa, Liger, and Sasuke in a fatal four-way at Wrestle Kingdom. He would then defend it against elite talent, proving he was simply helping NJPW out by building the Junior tag division alongside Jinsei Shinzaki, who he is still on good terms with! After an extremely strong showing in BOSJ, only losing his block by 2 pts, Kanemoto would defeat Hayabusa at Dontaku. What's next? Kanemoto has a match with the legendary Jushin Liger at Destruction in September.

IWGP Intercontinental: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) def. Triple H

A rivalry and match that spawned thanks to Shawn's and Tanahashi's ego. Triple H would call Nakamura the silver medal to Tanahashi, while both HHH and Shawn were gold. Nakamura was called lazy and someone who would coast on by thanks to the guy he stuck around with. The match and story were simple, and after Nakamura won he vowed to keep the IC title for as long as possible, and make it synonymous with his name.

IWGP Heavyweight: Brock Lesnar def. Yuji Nagata (c)

A lot has happened. Nagata would win the title after pinning Chris Jericho in the aforementioned triple threat with Tanahashi. He would then defeat Jericho in a singles match to retain the title a month later. After that, Chono would come out, who has been feuding with Blue Justice on and off for the past year, and unleash Brock Lesnar on Nagata. Fast forward, and it does indeed look like Lesnar was unleashed, as he bested Nagata and ended his dream of finally being IWGP champion. Of course, Lesnar now faces a more ready than ever before Tanahashi at Destruction, who will come out on top? First! We have the G1.

• Like 6

TNA Final Resolution 2007

TNA’s first PPV of 2007!

Main Event: “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels (C) vs. “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship- This all started when Christian Cage accepted to threatened Rhodes & Piper for an NWA title shot or else he would con-chair-to Monty Brown! But Omega ruined that plan when he came in and did it anyway! Two weeks after, Cage challenged Kurt Angle to an impromptu #1 Contender’s Match after Angle challenged Daniels! Cage won with help of Abyss, and now have this match set for Final Resolution!

Semi-Final/No-DQ Match: “The Leading Man” “The Viper” Randy Orton vs. “The Icon” Sting- After last month’s victory, Orton steals Sting’s bat on an episode of Impact, calling himself  “The New Icon”. Since then, a beatdown happened, and a contract was signed, and Orton has promised that the Viper will kill the Scorpion once and for all. 

TNA X-Elevation 2007 A-Block Match: Lance Storm vs. “The Phenomenal AJ Styles- This A-Block Match has history going all the way back to the Weekly PPV days, and most recently the X-Division and NWA World Tag Titles. The Canadian Light-Heavyweight Champion Lance Storm goes up against “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles!

TNA X-Elevation 2007 B-Block Match: “Mr. X-Division” Chris Sabin vs. Alex Shelley- It’s the 2007 X-Elevation! Motor City Machine Guns collide in this B-Block Match. Sabin has beaten Sasuke and Shelley also defeated Sasuke and Dick Togo but lost to Petey Williams up until this point. 

International Battle: “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs. ???- Joe has been upset over not getting booked on the first three Impacts of 2007, and not having an announced puro legend for him to face! Now, Joe has threatened to raise hell at Final Resolution, opponent or otherwise!

6-Man Tag: ???, Petey Williams, and “The Monster” Abyss vs. Jay Lethal, “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt, and “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown-The remnants of the former SES has aligned themselves with Team Canada! After brutalizing Brown with a con-chair-to on Impact, Omega stated his case the next week, and that night won a 5-man tag against Steel, Brown, Styles, and Daniels! Originally it was supposed to be Omega in this match, but he got hurt on an episode of Xplosion. But he has a replacement, a good friend from Japan. Who will it be?

TNA Knockouts Match: Awesome Kong and Daffney vs. Christie Ricci & Shantelle Taylor vs. Angelina Love and Velvet Sky vs. “The Amazon” Beth Phoenix and Sara Del Rey- The first ever Knockouts match on PPV! Daffney debuted on Xplosion and has since claimed herself to be the Queen of the Knockouts! Now she teams with the monster Awesome Kong against 3 another talented females!

Tag Match: Latin American Xchange (C) vs. Matt Sydal & The Amazing Red for the L.A.X. 5150 Latin American Tag Titles-After beating AMW at Victory Road, L.A.X. has opened up the 5150 titles to people from different nationalities. Red & Sydal challenged for them, but L.A.X. declined originally before accepting on a catch, Red has to win a 2-on-1 Handicap Match! With help of Sydal, he did, and now we’re here.

Tag Match: “The King of Old School” Steve Corino & C.W. Anderson (C) vs. Team Canada (Robert Roode & “Showtime” Eric Young)-After their big win at Victory Road, Roode & Young LOST the NWA Tag Titles! The titles have changed hands a bit in the US and even Japan before landing in the hands of Corino and Anderson. So now with Christian Cage breathing on their backs, can Roode & Young win back the belts they lost?

*Any matches not mentioned will be shown on the card.

Screenshot2023-05-13100846.thumb.png.ed201606b77eb645e0af51820cae2798.pngScreenshot2023-05-13100836.thumb.png.595dc2aab45841b05b7db99ec66b788f.png

Talking Points:

-TEAM 3D IS IN TNA!

-Omega’s replacement was revealed to be “The Golden Star” Kota Ibushi

-Joe DID have an opponent at Final Resolution, and it was The Great Muta!

-Storm & Styles went to a 20 minute time limit draw! 

-RKO Productions previews Orton’s newest flim “Randy Orton and The Old Scorpion” (Harry Potter Parody)

-A special referee was announced for the main event, and it was KURT ANGLE!

Against All Odds 2007 will be posted very soon!

Edited by SuperRamenmakerOkada
  • Like 2

I am enjoying my WWE Ruthless Aggression game.  Started Jan 2004 and am six months in at June 2004.  I guess I will talk about this by brand to really describe what is going on.

RAW

World Heavyweight Champion - Eddie Guerrero

One big thing I did in this game was I had Eddie win the Royal Rumble instead of Benoit but mostly followed the story of having the RR winner choose HHH.  Since winning the Royal Rumble Eddie has feuded with HHH who wanted his rematches and is currently feuding with Kane where as Eddie just escaped Kane at the last PPV due to Eddie being Eddie and is currently trying to duck Kane as he is scared to face the Monster.

IC Champ - Randy Orton

Orton has been the champ since the game started having first been involved with starting slow just being involved with other Evolution storylines but since Wrestlemania has been in a feud between HBK and Y2J which matches have shot Randy up to a Major Star.  Currently Randy is finishing up his feud with Jericho but the real fun is there is a slow underbelly feud building between Randy and HHH as Randy is the only current member of Evolution that still has his title and therefore Randy has kind of forced himself as the leader of the group.  I think my current plan for Randy is HHH is going to “accidently” cost him the IC title only for Randy to win the World title in an Elimination Chamber match at Survivor Series featuring the members of Evolution among others.  I am not sure who I will turn face as I could kick either HHH or Orton out of Evolution but I do plan on having Orton and HHH face off at Wrestlemania.

World Tag - La Resistance (Rob Conway & Sylvain Grenier)

Flair and Batista start as champs and after a feuds with Dudleys, Venis and Storm, and Superheroes before losing the titles to Rock n Sock connection at Backlash.  I was planning a decent run for the Rock and Foley with their first feud being against La Resistance.  The plan was for Rock and Sock to team up with Booker T and try to elevate Rene Dupree while giving the tag champs some wins before moving up the card to face others.  But then Rene Dupree got hurt.  Brought Regal in to back up La Resistance only for The Rock to announce he was going to leave soon to film a movie.  It was the awkward time where I was in the middle of the feud so do I have La Resistance win or have another heel team surprise win right after the feud.  I decided to have La Resistance win the titles at the PPV only for Sylvain Grenier to pick up a short injury that he couldn’t wrestle but could appear in angles.  He was going to be back before the Rock left but after the PPV so instead I had Rock and Sock win against Conway and Regal at the PPV only for Conway and Regal and a “returning” Grenier injured the Rock after the match blaming him for Dupree’s injury.  La Resistance then goaded Foley into putting the titles on the line on the next episode of Raw.  “Injured” Rock came back and did his best but the injury proved to much and La Resistance won the titles.  After the match they again targeted the Rock, writing him off for his movie.

Women’s - Gail Kim

Molly Holly starts the game as champ.  Molly was pretty dominant until at Wrestlemania Lita dethroned her.  Lita won the rematch against Molly at Backlash and was planning a decent reign with her but Gail Kim had been picking up steam and I decided to have Gail Kim go over at the next PPV.  Since then she has been feuding with Lita and Jazz.  To be honest I haven’t done much major stuff with the Women yet as I have been mainly focused on building them up from unimportant to recognisable and above.

Elsewhere on Raw Christian has built himself up to a viable Major Star first having Trish align with him at Wrestlemania like real life against Chris Jericho.  Currently Christian and Trish are feuding with a returning from injury undefeated Edge and Torrie Wilson.  

I also debuted Tye Dillinger after Wrestlemania, right now there isn’t much to his character other than being a generic cocky bluechip babyface.  One of the biggest things of note I have done with Tye is I had him beat HHH at a PPV which is part of why Evolution is listening to Orton instead of HHH who can’t even beat a nobody rookie.

SMACKDOWN

WWE - Rey Mysterio   CRUISERWEIGHT - Chavo Guerrero

I have to mention both titles here as they have become temporarily interconnected.  First let me talk about the WWE title.  Brock starts the game as champ and I built up to a Brock-Goldberg-Benoit Wrestlemania match.  I was between having Benoit or Lesnar winning but the game made the decision for me by Lesnar and Golberg both signing for NJPW for a ton of money.  Benoit won and turned heel saying the fans never supported him and then had a quick feud with The Undertaker.  Meanwhile…

Rey started the game as Cruiserweight champ and after brief feuds with Tajiri and Nunzio he entered into the biggest blood feud of the game so far.  At the start of the game Chavo and Eddie were teaming, feuding with the Bashams.  Eddie had eyes on the Royal Rumble which Chavo was against but Eddie’s other friend Rey very much supported.  After Eddie won the Rumble Chavo turned heel on him and after Eddie left for Raw Chavo turned his attention to Rey.  Since then they have been feuding having incredible matches that have shot them both up the card to Major Star level.  Chavo won the title from Rey and held onto it through cheating and even having his new body guard Mark Jindrak help Chavo retain in a Ladder match.  I was going to move on from this feud but then need a temporary feud for Chris Benoit as I want to end they year with Benoit vs. Kurt Angle but needed something in between so enter Benoit vs. Rey vs. Chavo headlining The Great American Bash in which Rey picked up a shocking win.  Future plans is for Benoit to pick the title back up as I do want Cena to win the title for Benoit at Wrestlemania.  Meanwhile I have been slowly building up Billy Kidman and will have him shock win from Chavo as Chavo is now way to good for the Cruiserweight title.

US Title - John Cena

Big Show starts the game as champ and was in an immediate feud with John Cena where Big Show would do his best to avoid matches with Cena and whenever Cena did get a title shot Big Show would get himself DQed resulting in Cena winning a I Quit match at Wrestlemania.  Since then Cena has mainly been accepting all challengers bouncing between Rhyno, Matt Hardy and Hardcore Holly.  His latest challenger is a newly heel John Bradshaw Layfield.

WWE Tag - World’s Greatest Tag Team

Basham’s start the game as champs and were in a feud with Los Guerreros but mainly thanks to Los Guerreros eventual breakup stayed as champs.  This built up to a Fatal Four Way at Wrestlemania where WGTT beat Bashams, Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty and the APA to become the new champs.  WGTT then feuded with the APA where the constantly beat the APA which resulted in the APA getting one last chance at the title but if they lost then they would have to break up as a tag team forever.  At the PPV Bradshaw turned on Ron Simmons thus letting the WGTT escape with the titles.  Next challengers for WGTT is the Dudleys.

Other things going on with Smackdown is I have pushed Maven up the card to being a solid midcarder having just beat Rhyno in a No DQ match at the last PPV.  Since getting drafted to Smackdown Maven has been undefeated.  I have also been trying to push Matt Morgan but he hasn’t really caught on despite me enjoying his storyline.  Jamie Noble became Matt Morgan’s mouthpiece and with Goldberg leaving decided to feed him to Morgan hoping to make him a star.  Ever week Jamie Noble and Matt Morgan come out and talk about how Morgan ended Golberg and how he beat the Dudley’s, RVD and most recently The Undertaker (Technically The Undertaker won via Intentional DQ where Matt Morgan beat him down afterwards),  Jamie Noble has gotten himself more over but Matt Morgan has not yet shot up the card as much as I would like.  One fun thing it has lead to is RVD started to team with the Undertaker against them and I just really like the odd paring of RVD and The Undertaker.  Not much else to report other than maybe the GM of Smackdown is Dawn Marie but she hasn’t done much yet as I have never been great at Weekly GM appearances.

TNA Against All Odds 2007!

The FINALS of the 2007 X-Elevation!

Main Event/TNA X-Elevation 2007 Final: Lance Storm [A-Block Winner] vs. Chris Sabin [B-Block Winner]- After 2 months, the 2007 X-Elevation Finals are here! First the A-Block winner and current TNA X-Division Canadian Light-Heavyweight Champion, Team Canada’s Lance Storm, with 4 wins and 1 draw, and the B-Block winner, Motor City Machine Guns’ Chris Sabin with 5 wins, ZERO losses. Sabin has been in the finals before but failed, and this is Storm’s first time in the finals, who will win?

Semi-Final: “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels (C) vs. “The Leading Man” “The Viper” Randy Orton for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship-”The Leading Man” gets his starring role! Orton got a pinfall over Daniels in an 8 man to get this shot. Daniels talked about how important the NWA title is to him, it being the thing that feeds his family, and that Orton is nothing but a rich kid who got big opportunities because of his family and the machine behind him. Will Daniels's words ring true, or will Orton finally become the leading man in TNA?

10-Man Elimination Tag: Team Canada (Christian Cage & Petey Williams), Abyss, “The Golden Star” Kota Ibushi, and Kenny Omega [Team Cage] vs. “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown, Jushin Thunder Liger, CM Punk, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, and Kurt Angle [Team Angle]-The war between Angle and Cage continue! This was made after Cage bragged about Team Canada (and associates) being the top guys in TNA! Angle told him to put his money where his mouth is, and Cage accepted! Angle then revealed a newly returned CM PUNK as the first member! Now it’s a 5 on 5 war! Who will win?

Singles Match: “The Icon” Sting vs. “The Director” “The Creator” Jeff Jarrett- One of the TNA most longest-running feuds continue! No real story here, just bad blood.

4-Way Tag Match: Latin American Xchange (“The Notorious 5150” Homicide & “Super Mex” Hernandez) (C) vs. Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal vs. Ultimo Dragon & Low-Ki vs. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong for the L.A.X. 5150 Latin American Tag Championships-Ever since Team 3D’s debut last month, L.A.X. has been jealous of the attention Ray & Devon have been getting, also they’re a little bit afraid that Team 3D will take their spot as “The Top Team in TNA”, so show they’re still a threat in the company, this match was made.

Tag Match: Team Canada (Robert Roode & “Showtime” Eric Young) (C) vs. Team 3D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon) for the NWA World Tag Team Championship- After their debut last month, Team 3D have set their sights on the NWA tag belts! Out of all the championships they won in wrestling, the NWA tag belts are the ones that they have yet to win! Can the young Team Canada defeat the hungry veterans coming after their tag belts?

International Dream Battle: “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs. “The Emerald Warrior” Mitsuharu Misawa- Samoa Joe’s biggest challenge so far, as the puro ICON comes overseas to fight on behalf of NOAH. Joe beat another NOAH wrestler in KENTA, can Joe embarrass one of the puro’s icons on the path?

*Any matches not mentioned will be shown on the card.

image.png

image.png

Talking Points:

-LANCE STORM HAS WON THE 2007 X-ELEVATION! (Making him the first wrestler to win the X-Elevation as TNA X-Division Canadian Light Heavyweight Champion)

-RANDY ORTON HAS WON THE NWA TITLE!

-RKO Productions previewed their latest movie “Ort-Tan 3” (parody of Spider-Man 3)

-Team Angle won the 10-man tag after Angle eliminated Cage. 

-TEAM 3D HAS WON THE NWA TAG TITLES!

-Post-Match, L.A.X. attacked Team 3D!

-Joe challenged Kenta Kobashi!

-Also, I didn’t like the X-Elevation being on AAO, so it’s going back to Destination X. 

I’ll be back soon with Destination X 2007!

Edited by SuperRamenmakerOkada

So I'm now up to January 2021 in my Cverse save.

(BTW: I'm playing on "easy" mode. I like to tell stories but still have some challenge. So anyway ...)

I bought TCW (I helped it along to bankruptcy). Made them a dev fed which game mechanic wise is a bit of a pain. Anyway ...

After the game AI finally fulfilled my request to get the TCW belt off Wolf I brought him in. He always wanted to be the big star in the SWF. Until he became the big star in TCW. Now he's resentful that the SWF has made "his" TCW a second rate shadow of its former glory. He doesn't want to be a part of fake TCW so all he can do now is be the man in the SWF. His first match will be against what is described as an "iconic SWF wrestler". To be revealed as Lobster Warrior! I have Jumbo and Kid too so I'm going to recreate the Underwater Union and send them to RIPW. 

Jimmy Hernandez is doing mighty fine as champ. He defended successfully in a feud with Bret Starr and now is taking on Remo. Remo got himself rage DQed the first time and spent too much time gloating over Jimmy's "dead" body (table spot) the second time (double countout). Jimmy will escape the cage with his belt and move on to his former stablemate Spencer Spade (they were Rocky Golden's proteges / minions who have a tense but somewhat undefined relationship). Remo is my Brock except he can be used more often. 

Speaking of Bret his stablemate Des Davids completed the calendar year 2020 as North American champ. It wasn't planned it just sort of happened. He's way over but about to be stabbed in the back by Bret as Bret takes the NA title in a 4 way match. When Des protests their manager Emma Chase chooses Bret and her new muscle Killer Shark attacks him. Des won't get back his NA title but I'm considering putting the world belt on him. I've subtly built up Bret and Des as uneasy stable mates since the beginning of 2020. 

King Snake (rebranded and been through it so he's not so heroic Valiant) vanquishes the one he brought in Vengeance, beating and burying him in a casket match. Snake will tag with his buddy Rogue, probably getting the tag titles (held by the former New Wave, now MERCS, Guide is Tank Sherman and Scout is Kam Snipe). 

However a kindly but huge priest starts a new talk show on SWF Supreme TV, Martyn Van Jence. With very subtle references to a dark past known to all but him as he offers kindly wit and wisdom while interviewing the top Supreme stars ... (I have him for another year, he has to do something ...) 

• Like 1

Currently playing a C-Verse 97 game as World Class Championship Wrestling and I am having the most fun creatively in both this save and probably my TEW playtime altogether after finally reaching medium for the first time in a long-term game.

When World Class hit medium in January of 2001, the week of Parade of Champions V (our season finale), I felt like it was a good sign financially and creatively to finally start doing a weekly television show and debut it the night after the Parade. As a result, my booking had to start changing to fit the new format and during that process I began to realize several issues with my roster:

-Bloat was starting to happen at the top of my card, with new guys reaching the main event scene after the Parade. I usually keep control of my roster to prevent this sort of thing before I'm ready, but these guys were just scoring too well and rising so fast in popularity regardless of what I tried, with signs of even more guys on similar trajectories.

-The bloat was making me focus a lot of my TV time to the new top guys, but at the cost of reduced time for the rest of my roster. I signed on for a B-Show to try and mitigate this, but it still wasn't enough and led to a lot of guys staying aimless for a while until I was able to rotate them into someone else's story or match for a week or two just for an appearance.

-I have always been the conservative type when it came to title reigns, but after five years I felt like my title pictures were starting to become pretty restrictive and would only get worse with the beginning bloat. Also, I know it isn't unrealistic to have guys spend years in a company without winning a title, but I wanted to see some decorated resumes, especially amongst some of the WCCW originals who have been around since day one and were developing into great talents.

At first I thought the solution to this was to do a spring cleaning throughout my roster, shaking things up from jobbers to main event stars, lightening up the overall load as well as allowing some new blood in from both the indies and my own developmental company. But it was in the middle of watching some mid 2000s WWE that I realized an even better idea, something I had always wanted to try in TEW but never having been at a place where it was possible. A brand split.

Fast forward to September of 2001, where Ignition & Shockwave are now broadcasting live every week around the world trying to outdo the other with the best World Class has to offer on each brand. Stars new & old have more time to shine with new brand exclusive & traveling titles allowing for more opportunities at gold for all. And as if that wasn't enough, rumors of an incoming women's division are  getting louder each week...

• Like 1

Made it through the first month of my July 1994 save as the WWF using a converted version of Hive’s TEW 2016 mod.

I started out with international event coverage being virtually non-existent and with the way some of the broadcasters negotiated, the only way I could get coverage, especially in Canada on PPV was to agree to a minimum of 12 events. This means that the booking of the traditional "Big 5" PPV setup is going to have to go the way of the dinosaur a bit earlier than it did in real life with the In Your House events probably starting up soon. I'm managing to hold out for now though by airing the Sunday Night Slam USA Network Specials (similar to Saturday Night's Main Event) on those international broadcasters and they'll count toward those 12 episodes.

To balance that out, I moved the first Sunday Night Slam up to the last Sunday of July, giving me four weeks to build there and another four to SummerSlam. I'd already inherited a lot of the SummerSlam card at the start of the game, but have started to change and put my own spin on it.

Unfortunately, that means that I've been handed the awful "Battle of The Undertakers" match 😆 Since this is TEW and I do not have the luxury of bringing in Leslie freakin' Nielson in as a detective to bust the case, I've just been building it up with a lot of hokey, cryptic Paul Bearer promos about "his" Undertaker rising again while DiBiase assures everyone that even dead men have a price and The Undertaker is right where he belongs, back with the man that brought him into the WWF. The closer it gets to SummerSlam, the more smoke and mirrors will come into play.

The roster is weak at this time. I attempted to bring Davey Boy Smith back in to join in on the Hart family storyline as he's floating around in AJPW and All Star Wrestling in the UK. However, once I offered him an exclusive deal it began a full-on bidding war with AJPW. After more than doubling his starting salary offer and adding all sorts of perks, he was set to be the second highest paid guy on the roster behind Bret, but AJPW was able to secure the deal. Without Davey Boy, I decided to slot The 1-2-3 Kid into that place for the meanwhile as he and Bret had a fantastic match on RAW with Kid earning Bret's respect. Seeing Kid get the respect of Bret angered Owen and made him the target of an Anvil and Owen beatdown. Bret saved Kid, and Kid would return the favor in the following weeks leading to Bret offering Kid to be his partner to take on Owen and Anvil at Sunday Night Slam.

The tag division is abysmal. It's made up of The tag team champions The Headshrinkers, The Smoking Guns, The Heavenly Bodies, Well Dunn, and The Bushwhackers. Men on a Mission are technically a team but Mo is injured. The Rock 'n' Roll Express are available via Smoky Mountain Wrestling. IRS and Bam Bam Bigelow have started teaming as 'The Best Team That Money Can Buy.' I attempted to sign The Steiner Brothers, but like Davey Boy, Japan said "hold my beer" and NJPW sent them both an offer they couldn't refuse and I believe locked them away for the next four years!

Jeff Jarrett was feuding with Doink at the time, and was bad mouthing Randy Savage. Randy is able to wrestle still in the game, and with the kind of star power he has, 'New Generation' be damned, I'm going to use him. I pushed the Doink feud to be blown off at Sunday Night Slam, and finally caught a break in signing guys as I was able to sign Brian James and debut him as Jarrett's Roadie a bit earlier than real life. Luckily they have great chemistry in game too. Jarrett has built the feud with Doink while trash talking Savage the entire time, knowing full well that Savage cannot touch him as a commentator or he'll lose his job. 

Kwang vs Adam Bomb was another feud at the start of the game. I didn't feel this one warranted a SummerSlam match, so it too would be blown off at Sunday Night Slam. 

Tatanka and Lex Luger are feuding with Ted DiBiase claiming to have signed Luger to The Million Dollar Corporation and Tatanka calling Luger a sellout who turned his back on his principles and his country. Tatanka claims to have seen Luger accept DiBiase's offer. Luger professes his innocence, and doesn't appreciate Tatanka slandering his name. 

Razor Ramon already has a shot at Diesel's IC Title at SummerSlam at the start of the game. The IC Title is in a weird spot as it just seems like a prop traded around by The Kliq. Razor barely even shows up on RAW upon reading the results, yet is constantly in the title picture. Regardless, with SummerSlam eight weeks away, Diesel needs something to occupy his time. So while on Michaels' interview segment, The Heartbreak Hotel, Mabel took exception to 'Big Daddy Cool' calling himself the 'Biggest and Baddest' in the WWF leading to an Intercontinental title showdown at Sunday Night Slam. Nash made short work of the gigantic typhoon on the Superstars episode right before the USA Network special to further build to the showdown of the giants.

The WWF Women's Division is pretty much solely Alundra Blayze, and I can see why the WWF did away with it in real life. The only other good female worker I was able to sign to an actual contract was Malia Hosaka, and I've been able to get Bull Nakano on a telent trade through CMLL after trading Bret Hart for a number of appearances. Not sure how much longer I will keep it around in all honesty.

The Quebecers, Jacques and Pierre had also broken up and were feuding and they're deal is going to be finished at Sunday Night Slam as well. Jacques was retiring in real life, and I don't really have much for him. Johnny Polo and Pierre on the other hand have excellent chemistry in game.

WWF Sunday Night Slam "SummerSlam Heat" (Sunday, Week 4, July 1994)

Spoiler

mpcbYGx.png

• Pretaped promos; Bret Hart and 1-2-3 Kid hype their main event match with Owen Hart and Jim Neidhart, and Intercontinental Champion Diesel with Shawn Michaels talks trash about the 500 pound Mabel
  • 'Double J' Jeff Jarrett w/ The Roadie def. Doink w/ Dink. The Roadie attacked Dink outside of the ring, providing the distraction Jarrett would need to put Doink away for the victory.
  • After the match, 'Double J' and The Roadie talk trash to Randy Savage, getting into the Macho Man's face. Jarrett asks if he's got any retirement advice for Doink after that match. Savage becomes more and more heated as Jarrett eggs him on, knowing full well Savage can't touch him as a color commentator. Savage is eventually talked down by Vince McMahon.
  • Adam Bomb def. Kwang after botched interference from Harvey Wippleman. Not sure where I go with Kwang from here. I was actually a fan of Savio Vega as a kid and find him much more useful in that gimmick, so I may take him off TV and repackage him. However I did sign Jinsei Shinzaki and with the tag team division so weak, a Kwang and Hakushi heel team may be handy to have.
  • 'Big Daddy Cool' Diesel w/ Shawn Michaels def. Mabel w/ Oscar to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship. HBK interfered and decked Mabel with the belt as Diesel goozled Oscar and distracted the referee. 
  • After the match, Razor Ramon hit the ring and he and Diesel had a staredown in the ring with Diesel raising the IC Title belt.
  • Pierre w/ Johnny Polo def. Jacques Rougeau. The story here was that Johnny Polo had to be locked in a shark cage outside of the ring to prevent him from interfering in the match so that Jacques could finally get payback on Pierre one on one. What Jacques didn't count on was interference from Rick Martel who attacked him and helped Pierre win the match.
  • After grabbing the key and unlocking the cage, Polo announced Martel as his newest client. In real life, Martel was basically done with the WWF after the Royal Rumble in 1994 but I was able to re-sign him to a written deal. I'm going to repackage him and Pierre as a Fabulous heel tag team under Polo called "The Fabulous French Canadians"
  • Lex Luger def. Sionne The Barbarian. This is basically the same match as Crush vs. Luger at SNS, with Barbarian filling in for Crush who is injured in game. DiBiase comes out to ringside and tries to pay off Barbarian not to hurt "his investment" in Luger and Barbarian refuses before turning around into the Running forearm and the pinfall for Luger. The commentators put this over as proof Luger has joined up with DiBiase, as does Tatanka who comes to the ring. 
  • Tatanka confronts Luger about what just went down, and Luger pushes him away before walking to the back. In real life this feud would lead to Tatanka vs. Luger at SummerSlam with the big reveal being that it was all a ruse by DiBiase and Tatanka, who turns heel and joins The Corporation. In reality, Lex was treading water here and his days as a main eventer looked to be done. Turning Lex heel and putting him in The Corporation would give him a good mouthpiece, freshen his character, and add some credibility to the group after all of the weird Undertaker stuff. On the flip side, I was able to sign Ron Simmons away from WCW and toyed with the idea of pairing the two of them together as an All American tag team. Decisions, decisions.
  • The Headshrinkers (Fatu and Samu) w/ Afa and The Best Team That Money Can Buy (Bam Bam Bigelow and I.R.S.) w/ 'Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase fought to a double count out
  • As the chaos ensued from the tag team match, Ted DiBiase received a message from the REAL Undertaker as the gong hit, the lights went out, and a cackling Paul Bearer appeared at the entranceway with the urn in his hands.
  • Owen Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart cut a picture-in-picture promo en-route to the ring on Bret and 1-2-3 Kid.
  • 'King of Harts' Owen Hart and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart def. Bret 'Hitman' Hart and 1-2-3 Kid after a 23 minute back and forth match. Neidhart decked Kid with the ring bell and Owen pinned Kid. After the match, Bret checks on 1-2-3 Kid while Neidhart celebrates with Owen on his shoulders.

WWF SummerSlam is looking like this:

• WWF Championship Cage Match: Bret 'Hitman' Hart (c) vs. 'King of Harts' Owen Hart
  • Battle of The Undertakers: The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer vs. The Undertaker w/ 'Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
  • WWF Intercontinental Championship: 'Big Daddy Cool' Diesel (c) w/ Shawn Michaels vs. 'The Bad Guy' Razor Ramon
  • No Holds Barred: 'Macho Man' Randy Savage vs. 'Double J' Jeff Jarrett w/ The Roadie
  • 'Made in the USA' Lex Luger vs. 'Native American' Tatanka
  • WWF Womens Championship: Alundra Blayze (c) vs. 'Raging Bull' Bull Nakano w/ Luna
  • WWF Tag Team Championship: The Headshrinkers (Fatu and Samu) (c) w/ Afa vs. The Best Team That Money Can Buy (Bam Bam Bigelow and I.R.S.) w/ 'Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase

July signings: Ron Simmons, Mark Canterbury (Henry O. Godwinn), Van Hammer, Malia Hosaka, Sean Morley (Developmental), Brian James (The Roadie), Jinsei Shinzaki (Hakushi), Bull Nakano (Talent Trade)

July Releases/Contracts Expirations: Virgil, Bruce Pritchard, Hugo Savinovich, Lord Alfred Hayes, Double Trouble I, Double Trouble II

• Like 5

Having a blast playing as CWB in the '77 Cverse.  I've just completed about half the first year. 

I really like the style of booking.  It's pretty simple, and I can churn out shows fast.

Basically the fans are really happy so long as either Wildman Sullivan or the Boston Bomber kicks someone's ass in the main event.

Unfortunately Bomber is a total tool, and has caused issues with pretty much everyone else on the roster.  And Wildman's contract just came up.  I don't think I can justify a fully written deal, so it's likely a matter of time until USPW nab him.

We've been rising steadily in size in both New England and the Tristate area.  If we keep it up we might get to Medium by the end of the year.

But growing new stars has been slow work.

Wildman, Bomber, Identity Black and Corporal Doom's pop have all been steady as a rock.  

10 Punch & Flapjack, and The Stomper have been rising.  But very slowly.

RJ Danzig came in for a mini-run, but I stupidly allowed his contract to expire so he won't be back for a while.

I've just put some aggressive bids in for Sam Strong/Stragavelli and a couple of others.

I've got a ton of workers at the bottom of the card who are slooooowly gaining pop, but they're years away.

Demon Spite/Anger [under normal names] are learning the trade.  I've just bid for the debuting Captain USA.  A few other really nice talents are developing fast.

Loads of fun

SummerSlam 1994 is in the books, and the war against WCW is heating up with the company absolutely going all in on a talent raid of Smoky Mountain Wrestling who I had developmental, no stealing and talent trade agreements with. The no stealing agreement meant that I wasn't able to counter WCW's exclusive written offers with deals of my own, as that would break the SMW deal. WCW ended up grabbing The Heavenly Bodies (Jimmy Del Ray and Tom Pritchard), Well Dunn (Timothy Well and Steve Dunn), and Ricky Morton (breaking up R'n'R Express) to gut the lower end of my already weak tag division. I negotiated out of the no steal agreement with SMW, angering them so much that they canceled the talent sharing deal and the developmental agreement as well. However, a $100,000 donation to get them out of the red eased  tensions and I was able to restore both of those agreements later that week. That saved me from losing Brian Lee, who I will send back to SMW to further develop after his feud with The Undertaker where he performed really well in game and even had Gerald Brisco and Pat Patterson sending e-mails touting his potential. WCW also signed Mike Shaw (Bastion Booger) and Koko B. Ware from the WWF roster, but I didn't really counter either of their attempts as I wasn't using wither of them for anything useful. They also signed King Kong Bundy, The Warlord and Tony Norris (Ahmed Johnson) from free agency.)

SummerSlam 1994: (Sunday, Week 4, August)

BtlIHF9.png

In the pre-show match, 1-2-3 Kid battled Hakushi w/ Harvey Wippleman. Hakushi debuted shortly after Sunday Night Slam in a rematch between Adam Bomb and Kwang, joining Kwang in a beatdown on Bomb. Unfortunately I overlooked that he was set to debut in game as a face, so I had to turn him his next appearance which has tanked his gimmick and performance. Kwang and Hakushi have been teaming regularly on Superstars since. This was a back and forth match to give Kid something to do that ended with a no contest due to Wippleman's constant distraction, and Kwang getting involved outside of the ring.

After weeks and weeks of constant trash talk from 'Double J' Jeff Jarrett and The Roadie, 'Macho Man' Randy Savage finally snapped and attacked The Roadie a few weeks before SummerSlam as Jarrett and his sidekick taunted him one too many times. Savage walked out on RAW, and seemingly out of the WWF for good, allowing Double J to gloat about being the man that retired Randy Savage once again. But that wasn't the whole truth according to new WWF President Gorilla Monsoon, who informed Jarrett that yes, effective immediately the Macho Man was no longer a commentator for the World Wrestling Federation. With Jarrett strutting and The Roadie cheering the announcement, Gorilla continued with the bigger news; that as of that morning, the ink had dried on a new contract returning the Macho Man to full time competition of the WWF roster and that Jeff Jarrett would face Randy Savage at SummerSlam! Their SummerSlam encounter came off well in the game, scoring an 81 and saw Savage neutralize The Roadie by putting him through the Spanish Announce desk and finishing off Double J with the Big Elbow to make his active return. In game Savage is just way too popular and good to be wasted at the announce desk, being second to only Bret Hart in popularity. It's a no brainer to use him.

The Best Team That Money Can Buy w/ Ted DiBiase (I.R.S. and Bam Bam Bigelow) defeated The Headshrinkers w/ Afa (Fatu and Samu) to become the WWF World Tag Team Champions after IRS pinned Samu with a his feet on the ropes. The Headshrinkers have zero momentum as champions, so it was really about getting the belts on a heel team here and try to build up something new for the tag team division.

WWF Women's Champion Alundra Blayze successfully defended her championship over Bull Nakano w/ Luna after being dominated the majority of the match before being able to pull of a flash pinfall to keep Nakano down. This was Nakano's last appearance (two others were on RAW) on the talent trade I'd acquired through CMLL, and I think this may be the last match of the women's division in all honesty. Not sure what I'm going to do with Aundra. I may be able to talk her into a manager role, but she also may continually get disgruntled not being used as a wrestler, and there's a year and ten months left on her WWF contract.

'Made in the USA' Lex Luger def. Tatanka by disqualification after interference from Ted DiBiase. I decided to go true to life here and have Tatanka turn heel, with the whole thing being a ruse set up by Tatanka and the Million Dollar Man, with Lex being true to his word the whole time. After the match, DiBiase showers Tatanka with cash, and Tatanka continues to beat Lex down. I was able to sign Ron Simmons from WCW, so I decided to keep Lex face and will team the two of them up as an All American tag team to help bolster the tag division and settle Simmons into WWF TV.

'The Bad Guy' Razor Ramon def. WWF Intercontinental Champion 'Big Daddy Cool' Diesel to become champion. The story here revolved around Shawn Michaels showing up to RAW the night after Sunday Night Slam too high on pain killers to work and getting sent to rehab. I explained it away as HBK having been injured at a house show, and on-screen it was HBK's constant involvement against guys like Typhoon and Mabel that had allowed Diesel to continually win his matches, so without HBK in his corner the playing field became a bit leveler for Razor. Razor picked up the win after Diesel's head hit the turnbuckle he'd exposed earlier in the match, allowing 'The Bad Guy' to get the pin.

The Undertaker w/ Paul Bearer def. The Undertaker w/ Ted DiBiase to send the pretender to the nether, never to be heard from again.

WWF Champion Bret 'Hitman' Hart def. 'King of Harts' Owen Hart after escaping the cage in 23:21 to retain the WWF Championship. Jim Neidhart attempted to aid Owen by sliding a chair into the ring, but it would be Bret who punished Owen with it. At 95 this is the highest rated match I've booked in the game, and possibly the highest rated match I've ever had in TEW 2020.

. . . . . 

The next big PPV is Survivor Series in November.

To fill in the gap, I've set up an "international event" to air everywhere but the US called "WWF UK Rampage" to be held in London in September and the another Sunday Night Slam that should keep the international broadcasters happy until I switch over to the 12 pay per view schedule in 1995. 

I was able to sign Alex Wright away from WCW, and as a big "Das Wunderkind" fan, that's what the jerks get for robbing SMW. 'Macho Man' Randy Savage's contract is up in a month, and of course WCW is coming full speed ahead in an attempt to sign him away. I've offered him the "Icon" role like it may be enough to convince him to stay. Johnny Polo (Raven) also has his contract ready to renew.

It's kind of irritating how WCW's AI is constantly getting incredible ratings on Saturday Night like Hogan defeating Jerry Sags (83), or Ric Flair defeating Guardian Angel (97) in main events or midcard matches like Roddy Piper and Vader def. Arn Anderson and Buddy Landel (94) when it takes me two months of a hot storyline build for Owen vs Bret, Razor vs. Diesel and Savage vs. Jarrett to even come close to those. WCW is gaining popularity so fast, that the days of RAW featuring any squash matches are soon out the window.

• Like 5

World Class Championship Wrestling - January 1997 to October 2001

Like most folks, whenever I play a game I always setup my own personal Big Four of events where stakes are higher and usually there's an annual competition to fight over. World Class in October features one such event with the fifth annual World Class Grand Prix, a big single elimination tournament with the winner getting themselves a guaranteed title shot against the World Champion. In previous years I've usually stuck to a 16-man format, but with the brand split in play this year I decided to go big and try out a 32-man field for the first time in game since there were plenty of bodies to go around. At first, it was pretty nice to give some guys a chance to stand out & qualify with a victory instead of them being instant JTTS in a smaller field, but I quickly realized how much TV time it took to put everything together on both shows. It didn't help either that I was also in the process of establishing my new women's division, trying to give them at least one if not two matches every show to build up popularity & storylines and needing some time for them too. Overall, some storylines definitely suffered, but the ones that were featured are building up to be some of my all-time favorites:

Everyman vs Everyone

Freddie Datsun's run as World Heavyweight Champion is best described as two words, true grit. Despite previously holding the World title (then American Heavyweight) in 1998, it's this run that sees Freddie really bleed for World Class as he goes back and forth between both brands and fighting everyone who wants a piece of him. He's suffered through bloods feuds, survived multiple challengers at once and even stood strong despite vicious assaults, sometimes even on both shows in the same week!

October has seen him take on two of his most brutal opponents yet in Ignition's Jeff Walker and Shockwave's Shawn Gonzalez. Walker is the Big Tex Avatar, who was a very obvious Day 1 signing for me back when I opened World Class in 1997. Back then the big man was a silent sheriff of justice, backed up by the loud-mouth Jakki Trailer Trash & always ready to fight the good fight for Texas, but these days he's little more than a silent & violent outlaw who cares only about cashing checks & cracking skulls...and there's no bigger check to gain than from cracking the skull of the World Champion.

Gonzalez meanwhile is on a much more personal path, with most of 2001 seeing him engage in a blood feud with former friend Louis Figo Manico that he would win at EpiCenter 2001 in July. The feud began because of Shawn's feelings of insecurity towards coming in second place to then good friend LFM, and even after beating him they've come into play with a violent obsession on becoming World Champion to match Louis' resume. Said obsession led to Shawn putting Freddie on the shelf for most of October, delaying Walker's title shot to the go-home episode of Ignition, wearing down an already battered Datsun before his Last Man Standing match with Shawn on Night 1 of the WCGP Finals. Despite this, Datsun puts the Lone Wolf down on Night 1 and is now looking to a fight on the horizon with an angry cowboy after being assault during an interview on Night 2 of the WCGP Finals.

A Magnificent Return

Following his heartbreaking loss to friend-turned-enemy Shawn Gonzalez at EpiCenter 2001, Louis Figo Manico faced further disappointment when it was revealed that the brand split prevented him from simply requesting a rematch to redeem himself. Instead, he had to earn another fight with Shawn by competing against another man on a mission in Eric Tyler in a great match that ultimately saw Tyler defeat Manico. Weary in heart, body and soul after facing two emotionally devastating losses, Louis decided that he needed to take a sabbatical to get himself together.

Fast forward to a few weeks later, Louis makes a surprising return in the World title main event of the Fall Brawl PPV as the Special Enforcer to counter Special Referee Eric Tyler's plans of screwing over Freddie Datsun in his match. This kicks off a heated rivalry between Tyler & Manico that only ramps up over the next few weeks as the World Class Grand Prix begins, and both men make their intentions of victory clear to the other. Things come to a head during Night 2 of the WCGP Finals, with Louis redeeming himself twice in one night by first beating fellow finalist/winner of the WCGP 2000 Dusty Streets in the Semifinals and then Tyler himself to claim his first ever World Class Grand Prix victory...and a guarenteed title shot against a man he's been constantly compared to in fellow WCCW original, Freddie Datsun.

There's a few other fun notes of things happening throughout World Class, but none are as developed as these two storylines just yet due to the Grand Prix taking up so much time. For now, we head into November with the next PPV being Ignition's Power To The People, an "interactive fan's choice" show similar to WWE's Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday shows during the 2000's. To simulate the fan experience, I'm going to do a random number generator to do all the choosing for me and see what surprises can come out of it.

• Like 1

Save:  1920-1963 (September)

*For the record, I use the automatic booker for every show but will do the following:

- Edit the matches for winners (depending on who I am pushing)

- Insert a Commenwealth championship match

- I do not do this with events (there are four)

-I also hold two large tournaments (Grand Prix and Tag Classic) where two matches take place on every show.

The Game Word:

The NWA is alive and kicking led by Vince McMahon’s WWWF, Jim Crockett’s Mid-Atlantic, and Jirving Smith’s (user character) Great Lakes Championship Wrestling.

Fritz Von Erich and Angelo Poffo are feuding over the NWA World Heavyweight Title in a blood feud. The two have traded the belt back and forth (but holding for over a year each time).  They are preparing for Bruno Sammartino and Bobo Brazil to start feuding for the belt.

The GLCW World Heavyweight Title has been Bobo Brazil’s baby for four straight years but finally lost the belt to Dick Hutton at the GLCW Legacy 45 event with former 2x NWA World Champion Isiah Watson (user character) from the 1920s as the special guest enforcer.

Otherwise, Giant Baba and Antonio Inoki are dominating the tag team division.  Competing against Bruno Sammartino and Dominic Denucci, Mad Dog and Butcher Vachon and a plethora of other wrestlers.

Older talent like Lou Thesz, Paul Boesch, Ernest Baldwin, and many others are on the decline and have been released or I’m using them to build the next generation of talent.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 1:47 PM, Dogking said:

January 2004-October 2007

On Raw

-The World Heavyweight Championship scene is personally heated. Back at Survivor Series 2006, under the old Eric Bischoff Regime, Edge won job immunity for a year. Since then, he kidnapped CEO Stephanie McMahon, held her captive until the Rumble, and has been doing a reverse of the McMahon Austin feud. In the Summer, he fended with World Heavyweight Champion Ron "The Truth" Killings after forcing Stephanie to give him a match by threatening to toss Jim Ross off of a balcony. Which he did anyway. Edge got a title match with No Champion's Advantage, and pissed off Ron enough to make him get disqualified. Making Edge the NEW World Heavyweight Champion. After retaining in a 5 star Hell in a Cell rematch with Ron, Stephanie has made it her mission to get that title off of Edge. She has put him against Kurt Angle, The Undertaker, Christopher Daniels, and even the best friend he betrayed Christian. Edge has cheated his way into winning all of those. Edge has been getting help from Raven's faction who want to see RAW burn, and from the Eddie and Vickie Guerrero's La Familia stable on Smackdown, who have been sheltering Edge as well. La Familia interfered and in Edge's title defense against Yoshihiro Tajiri at Fall Brawl, so at Survivor Series 2007, Edge will face Tajiri, Brock Lesner, Matt Hardy, Christopher Daniels, and a returning Ron Killings in a Six Pack Challenge.

-When Evolution was running roughshod of RAW in 2004, Shawn Michaels countered with his own Horseman like group, Fortune. Consisting of himself, William Regal, and two up and comers Christopher Daniels and Bryan Danielson. After Evolution's fall, and going to war with Brock Lesner's Fight Camp stable throughout 2005, Christopher Daniels decided to go after JBL and his Intercontinental Championship. Christening himself as the Rising Pheonix, Daniels gained a wave of momentum and challenged for the title at Wrestlemania 22. Daniels came up short, but gained another surge of momentum at the end of 2006 when he defeated his Fortune mentor Shawn Michaels one on one to peacefully end the faction. At Wrestlemania 23 the Rising Pheonix won the Money In The Bank ladder match and was willing to defend his briefcase against all comers. His plan was to cash in for a title shot against World Heavyweight Champion Ron Killings at Summer Slam, but Edge beat him to it. Since Edge and Ron were going at it at Summer Slam, Daniels put his Briefcase on the line once more, accepting a challenge from an old foe, John Bradshaw Layfield. JBL used underhanded tactics to win the briefcase from Daniels at Summer Slam, but that didn't keep the Rising Pheonix down. Daniels since Summer Slam has his sights set on Edge and that World Heavyweight title. He won't go down until he has that gold in his hands, and he will get his shot in the Six Pack Challenge at Survivor Series 2007.

On Smackdown

-From 2004 to 2006, the biggest babyface faction was the Shane McMahon family (Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, James Yun AKA Jimmy Wang Yang, CM Punk, and Colt Cabana). Shane's stable of blue chip rookies rose to the top with Shinsuke catching like wildfire and winning the WWE Championship from King Booker at Summer Slam 2005 and holding it for an entire year. However, not everything in the family was championships and roses. AJ started distancing himself to work with Eddie Guerrero, Punk betrayed Colt Cabana and beat him out of the company, and just before Survivor Series 2006, someone mysteriously ran Shinsuke Nakamura down putting him out of action for several months. When Shinsuke returned at the 2006 Royal Rumble with a charismatic flare, he had one thing on his mind. Revenge. He searched for months trying to figure out who could have done it. From Hollywood Rock, to Cerebral Assassin Triple H. Finally, the Devil's Advocate Sean O'Hare gives Shinsuke a sign "Win King Of The Ring and earn the WWE title shot at Survivor Series, and there the assailant will show themselves.". Shinsuke wins King Of The Ring defeating Raw's Hiroshi Tanahashi in the finals, and being crowned the King Of Strong Style. Now he bides his time until Survivor Series.

-Eddie Guerrero had been in a slump since losing the WWE Championship to King Booker at Survivor Series. He spent a year going to war against Booker's WCW faction, but that brought him no closer to the title. It's now 2006, and Eddie feels like he may only have a couple of years left to compete at the top level. He doesn't just want another run at the top, but he NEEDS it. His wife Vickie starts valeting for him, and AJ Styles is trying to help keep his spirits up. Things start looking up when Eddie earns a shot against WWE Champion "The Brightest Diamond" Shelton Benjamin, on the final Smackdown of the year. Shelton retains, but he noticed Vickie was up to some actions that were dubious at best. Shelton and AJ confront Eddie about this, but Eddie denies any part in it. In their Royal Rumble rematch, Vickie blatantly cheats allowing Eddie to become a two time WWE Champion. After defeating his best friend Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania 23's Main Event to retain the title, Eddie and Vickie gain some extra muscle. Chavo Guerrero, Damian Sandow, and Robert Lashley help get GM Paul Heyman ousted as General Manager of Smackdown, and puts Vickie in that seat of power, officially forming La Familia. Vickie abuses her power to keep Eddie WWE Champion, gets Chavo his fourth Cruiserweight Championship, have Damian Sandow defeat the undefeated Katsuyori Shibata for the United States Championship, and recruit America's Most Wanted so they can claim their sixth World Tag Team Championships. On top of that, Eddie and Vickie have allied themselves with Raw's Edge to the chagrin of CEO Stephanie McMahon, and to the criticism of Raw GM Teddy Long. Vickie has had enough of the criticism has sent La Familia to invade the Raw ppv Fall Brawl, officially declaring war against Teddy Long's Raw with the goal of becoming General Manager of both shows. Meanwhile, Eddie has a Shinsuke problem in his immediate future, and an issue with former friend AJ Styles on the horizon.

End of 2007: The landscape has changed.

RAW:

-At Survivor Series World Heavyweight Champion Edge managed to retain his title against five hungry challengers. However, CEO Stephanie wasn't mad. She had one last ace up her sleeve. The next night on Raw, she came out and invited her bitter enemy The Rated R World Champion to the ring. By herself even. Stephanie revealed that Edge's year of immunity expired after Survivor Series. So, she personally fired Edge on the spot. Edge in a rage beat, battered, and brutalized Stephanie leaving her in a bloody pile. Next week Raw GM Teddy Long announced that Edge's firing was in effect, thus the World Heavyweight title was vacated. So, in the lead up to Starrcade, Raw will be hosting a tournament to crown a new World Heavyweight Champion. The finals ended up being Kurt Angle and Rising Pheonix Christopher Daniels. As the main event of Starrcade was intensifying in the ring, an unemployed and disgruntled Edge runs in and smashes them both with a steel chair. The match was thrown out and there was still no World Heavyweight Champion. But Edge wasn't  all too victorious. Because, he got the shock of a lifetime when Smackdown's Triple H made a suprise appearance and layed Edge out with a sledgehammer for what Edge did to his wife. The two finalists wanted to finish what they started, but a wrench was throne in. Batista had earned a spot in the tournament by being on Team Raw's Survivor Series team, but opted out wanting to face the winner One On One on the Final Raw of the Year for the title. There was no winner though. So the main event of the Final RAW of the Year was announced to be a triple threat match. Kurt Angle, Christopher Daniels, and The Animal Batista for the vacant World Heavyweight Championship! The match was intense, technical, and hard hitting. No Edge in sight. A champion very well could be crowned, but before a winner could be declared, the bell rang. 60 minutes had passed. The match ended in a time limit draw. Raw ends the year with no World Heavyweight Champion. So Teddy decides if three men can't get the job done, than 30 men will. The WWE Board has sanctioned for the Royal Rumble match to now be for the World Heavyweight Championship!

-The World Tag Team Titles have had a wild ride throughout 2007. In January Chris Jericho betrayed Hiroshi Tanahashi ending their 10 month title reign to the rookies Scott Dawson And Dash Wilder. However, at Wrestlemania 23, two time Young Wrestler Of The Year Kota Ibushi led him and newcomer Kenny Omega to take the titles. However, Raw's tag team division was full of sharks. Fight Camp's Chris Candido and Charlie Haas. Kyodai's Yoshihiro Tajiri and Kazuchika Okada. Christian Coalition's Prince Devitt and Elix Skipper. Along with the former champions, The Revival, all of these teams have traded the belts back and forth across the year. Along with a particular variety of matches at bigger ppv's. 4 way Hardcore match at Summer Slam. 4 way Tables Elimination match at Survivor Series. Now it was announced on the Final Raw that the titles will be defended at the Royal Rumble in a 4 way Ladder match. Hmmmm wonder how they'll be defended at Wrestlemania 24.

-When Edge turned his back on Christian and Rhyno before Wrestlemania 23, Christian knew Edge was a dangerous kind of being. One without loyalty or remorse. With Edge running around wrecking havoc and Raven along with his Unkindness faction sowing chaos across Raw, Christian needed a team to save this brand. There was his long time best friend Rhyno, then there was the young punk kid who stood toe to toe with him to make a name for himself, Prince Devitt. Elix Skipper was a man who hated Edge almost more than anyone thanks to what Edge did to his former manager Stephanie. Then there was Canadian Hero Gail Kim who along with her manager Bret Hart didn't want Edge ruining their nation's good name. Together they were The Christian Coalition. Throughout the year they fought was against, Edge, Raven, and anyone who sided with them, along with Devitt and Skipper winning tag gold along the way. However, in the fall things started to sour. The tag straps were gone, Kim wasn't even given any Women's title shots, but Christian got shot after shot against Edge. In fact all resources in the company were focused on going after Edge or going after La Familia not on new stars or underrated talent. So at Starrcade, enough was enough. While Christian was in his semi finals match in the World Heavyweight Championship tournament, his Coalition stood by him. Except they weren't beside him, they surrounded him and Rhyno. Prince Devitt struck his mentor where he stood, then Kim and Skipper attacked snuck attacked Rhyno. Goodbye Christian Coilition... Hello.....Bullet Club.

SD:

-During his WWE Championship match against Eddie Guerrero at Survivor Series, Shinsuke Nakamura struck down by his former best friend and former Shane O'Mac Family member, C.M. Punk. After Shinsuke was layed out with a GTS and a Frog Splash, and Eddie laughs away still Champion, Punk sat by his former friend and dropped THE Pipebomb. "You headstrong idiot. Who benefited the most from you getting run down by the car? Who rose to the top of the card while you ran around like a headless chicken, being sacrificed for my greatness? If you haven't gotten it through your thick skull yet, I did it. I ran you down one year ago. They say the Devil's greatest trick was convincing the world he didn't exist. Well I'm the devil himself, I looked you in the eye, and you refused to see. I was the snake who you looked over, so I bit you while you weren't watching. I am CM Punk. The Singles Star, The Best In The World. And you Mt friend are where you should have been from the start, beneath me." Needless to say, the King Of Strong Style did not take this lying down. All through December, GM Vickie Guerrero has had to keep two of her biggest box office draws from killing each other. On Final Smackdown of the Year, It all came to ahead when the two beat, battered, and assaulted each other all across the arena.

-What a year WWE Champion Eddie Guerrero has had becoming champion, getting his wife put into power, forming a family to watch his back and hold gold with him. Now his biggest threat, that he knew of, Shinsuke is busy dealing with some "Family Business". Best of all, no pesky CEO to get in La Familia's way thanks to Edge. However, Eddie isn't exactly out of the woods yet. Because he is being corned by two hungry contenders in The Game Triple H, and The Phenomenal AJ Styles. Eddie tries to keep the title that he NEEEEEEDS more than anything else by trying to divert their attention. "AJ holmes, you should be happy for me. Look where I am now the one and only Undisputed WWE Champion in the company. Maybe you can join La Familia. And Hunter, amino, don't you have a wife in the hospital?". However, this did not work....comepletely. A triple threat match was set for Final Smackdown, but GM Vickie has a plan. On the night of the match, Vickie, Eddie, and Hunter, find AJ layed out face down. Vickie says he is unable to comepete so the match will be One on One. During the high paced Championship bout, Edge suddenly appeared, laying out Triple H with a chair allowing Eddie to end the year as the only Heavyweight Champion in WWE.

-Chavo Guerrero has been feeling on top of the world as Cruiserweight Champion under La Familia. However, in a clear ploy to not defend his title for two months Chavo and Vickie came up with The Cruiserweight Classic. A 32 man tournament with Cruiserweights from Raw, Smackdown, Canada, Mexico, and Japan. Winner gets a guaranteed Cruiserweight Championship match. Many standout performances come from the tournament. Mustafa Ali competing in the Survivor Series match for Team Smackdown and then winning a tournament match the same night. Bryan Danielson and Doug Williams pulling out stellar star making performances. Zero "Consequences" Creed looking great in defeat against James Yun (Jimmy Wang Yang), only to screw James over in the quarter finals. In the end Bryan Danielson and Mustafa Ali made it to the finals and had a killer match. There must be a winner though, and Ali was that winner. Chavo immediately came out to congratulate the winner of the Cruiserweight Classic. "As promised you get a shot at the Cruiserweight Championship,  and that match begins right now." Chavo blindsided a tired Ali and beat him after Ali had been in the ring with Danielson for 20 minutes. Needless to say, Chavo won't get away with this.

What will 2008 bring to the table?

Edited by Dogking
  • Like 2

1 year completed in my QAW 2018 Alt Cornellverse by Lavelleuk, feeling pretty good about it.

Jan 2018 started with Alina America making the surprise announcement that she was reforming Ronin 3 with Juana Huracan and Toni Parissi attacking Reba Montana before her scheduled match with Reba Montana, leaving her laying under their new flag (Suzuki-Gun style). Gorgon started as champion before losing it to Foxxy LaRue in April. Gorgon won Battle Bowl to earn a rematch but only won her next shot by DQ so didn't win the actual title.

America wins the annual Queen of the Ring Tournament in July, then unseats Foxxy in August thanks to interference from Ronin 3. Most recently, America defended the title at the December show 'Three Way Dance' against Foxxy and Emma May, who recently started targeting Foxxy, feeling she's not gotten respect as a killer in QAW. Gorgon retired in October and was Big Mad that she had to job to Foxxy on her way out, but it worked out. 

Shockwave Champion Deborah Young has been champion all year long, defending against an array of challengers, and sharing a manager with Gorgon, Boss Man Brayfield, who now only has 1 client again. Recently Ashley Grover has emerged as a strong challenger who will likely end Young's dominant reign sooner than later. Young will likely then move up to the Gorgon spot and be a force in the QAW title picture.

The Tag Team titles went from the weak starting team of Velvet Suarez and Emiko Miyoshi to Tex Mex, who then lost it to Ronin 3 (Huracan and Parissi) so that the 3 members of Ronin 3 all carried gold for a while. Tex Mex just won the titles back at the December show.

Hellcat Hernandez turned on her partner Pamela Rojo in September in the middle of their shot at the Tag Titles. Tensions had been running high since the QotR tournament where Rojo beat Hellcat in the first round, causing simmering resentment. 

The last 2 monthes there has been another company running Big Women's indy shows in my area, using some of my talent and getting them some serious pop gains. I have a very bloated roster full of young, promising lower card talent that I give ring time to, hoping to see someone break out, so my undercards are full of trios and 4v4 matches to get everyone some ring time. Making about 5k a month as a Tiny promotion, probably about 2 years away from jumping up in size. 

• Like 2

Playing a Real World Mod by TheWho, booking AEW. 

Currently a MEDIUM sized promotion, having moved relatively quickly from Small. We sit as 3rd in the world behind the behemoth WWE and the Small NXT (for some reason). 

I've just enacted a soft title-based roster split for east of booking, because I've found with the volume of championships I was struggling to keep them straight across Dynamite and Rampage. 

My figurehead and AEW Men's World Champion is CM Punk, who has only 2 weeks left until he's fully established in the role so I'm looking forward to seeing what his stats are after the fact. 

I've put the Men's World (Punk), TNT (PAC), TBS (King Kota aka Dakota Kai) and the Trios Titles (The Elite) exclusive to Dynamite. While ever those people are champion, they'll on Wednesdays only. 

Rampage has the Women's World title (Toni Storm), Tag (Santana & Ortiz as LAX with Eddie Kingston) and the All-Atlantic (Malakai Black).

My top faction at the moment is Team Angle; Kurt (Manager), Samoa Joe, Shida, Wardlow (FTW Champion) and Jungle Boy. They're a babyface faction who were recently joined by MJF who appears to be sewing seeds of descent against his rival Jungle Boy. 

Los Ingobernables are entering a main event feud with their leader Andrade challenging Punk the for the World title. He's backed up by Dragon Lee, Aramis and Rush while Punk has started to get assistance from Team Angle thanks to his long lasting friendship with Samoa Joe. 

The Blackpool Combat Club had a long-standing feud with House of Black, after which Danielson and Moxley came to blows and the faction split up. Mox put Bryan on the shelf for six month, but he recently returned and they have a match set for my July PPV "All Out".

Alexa Bliss joined the roster as simply BLISS and immediately allied herself with her favourite wrestler and new best friend Toni Storm, then preceded to drive a wedge between Toni and her long-time tag partner Thunder Rosa which eventually lead to an explosive falling out. BLISS takes no responsibility and has been subtly isolating Toni from the rest of the roster for reasons unknown.

PAC accepts all comers as the Open Challenge TNT Champion, recently defending against a debuting Rami Sabei (Sami Zayn) who was unsuccessful in his challenge but has not been shy about reminding PAC that he couldn't win by himself. 

TBS Champion King Kota refuses to defend her title unless every challenger is able to defeat both Candice LaRae and Empress Asuka first, which so far no one has been able to do. However Ruby Soho returned from injury and is deadset on regaining the belt she never lost.

The Trios titles are the cause of a rift in The Undisputed Elite, separating the group into two factions; The Original Elite of Kenny and The Bucks, and the Undisputed consisting of Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish.

LAX seek combat at all costs and frequently find themselves dragged into whatever argument Eddie KIngston happens to be having. Right now this is against Darby Allin of the reformed House of Black, as Darby's former mentor Sting watching closely for a chance to turn his wayward protege back to the light side. 

Edited by Kernowverse
  • Like 1

I'm currently part of an epic 8 player CVerse game between 3 human players; me and my partner. As a result, there's too much to elaborate on but a quick recent recap of some as of January 2023:

5SSW: Dramatically different than the default, now the second biggest company in Japan with a vast roster broken up into factions and numerous talent trades. Fuyuko Higa is the World Champion in her second year, on a Noah Kenta Kobashi-esque run. Set to begin is the third annual Queendom Parade tournament, which is their version of the NJPW G1 and Stardom Gran Prix, but this time 4 blocks of 6 with 24 participants in total, a mix of company staples and guests, being:

A Block - Fuyuko Higa (World Champion), Unstoppable Tai, Emiko Miyoshi (NTJF), Sakura Sada, Monster Ishimura, Tomoko Nagatsuka (out of retirement)

B Block - HEART Saitoh, Megumi Nakajima, Steph Blake (CWW), Shiori Jippensha, Cora Black (NTJF), MAGNA (original creation, think joshi Onita and biggest surprise, as she is a joshi deathmatch veteran of 30 years but never been in 5SSW!)

C Block - Yuma Maruya, Maki Yoshifumi, Ai Takami (NTJF), Gemmei Ooishi, Toku Kijmuta, Tiffany Jade (freelance, recently left USPW so a big deal)

D Block - Kate Lily, MAYA, Mirai Kajahara, Tonya Shields (original character, think Serena Deeb, CWWF), Kyoko Kobashi (original creation, NTJF), Lady Lotus

Off the back of that, 4 of the participants are young lionesses from the developmental league Neo Tokyo Joshi Futures (NTJF) who are on a tear, bitter rivals and seemingly groomed for major success and future of 5SSW, dubbed "The Four Guardians" based on the Shisho, the Japanese version of the Chinese Four Symbols: Ai Takami (Seiryu, the blue dragon), Kyoko Kobashi (Suzaku, the red bird), Cora Black (Genbu, the black tortoise) and Emiko Miyoshi (Byakko, the white tiger). Will they match the highs of the Magic Three? This year's Queendom Parade is the first test.

Full credit to my good lady from Japan for cooking up that last angle.

---

Very quickly, the other 6 companies in the game:

CWW - Growing fast as a major alternative to 21CW, with a touring schedule, women's division, death of SNP and currently have a foot hold in Europe.

LETHAL - Yes I took the Thunderverse Japanese deathmatch company and brought it into the CVerse, including some of its workers AND second brand with WQ2020.

3L - Another from willr0ck's WR mod, however I have dubbed is just 3L, instead of 4L. Doing well enough as a fun alternative for women's lucha.

CWWF - Slowly becoming the North American 5SSW.

PWC - Phil Vibert is back? With a hardcore women's wrestling promotion?!

TCW - Oh boy, this one is crazy. Long story short Dread now runs TCW and has split the brands, brought in a women's and cruiserweight divisions and stole a few big names from the likes of USPW, SWF and CWA in recent months.

On 6/8/2023 at 7:16 AM, stiffkick80x said:

1 year completed in my QAW 2018 Alt Cornellverse by Lavelleuk, feeling pretty good about it.

I'm glad QAW seems to be doing well in your game so far. QAW got raided big time and close to death.

Edited by Mecha Kaji
  • Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 8:56 AM, Zero said:

Save:  1920-1963 (September)

*For the record, I use the automatic booker for every show but will do the following:

- Edit the matches for winners (depending on who I am pushing)

- Insert a Commenwealth championship match

- I do not do this with events (there are four)

-I also hold two large tournaments (Grand Prix and Tag Classic) where two matches take place on every show.

The Game Word:

The NWA is alive and kicking led by Vince McMahon’s WWWF, Jim Crockett’s Mid-Atlantic, and Jirving Smith’s (user character) Great Lakes Championship Wrestling.

Fritz Von Erich and Angelo Poffo are feuding over the NWA World Heavyweight Title in a blood feud. The two have traded the belt back and forth (but holding for over a year each time).  They are preparing for Bruno Sammartino and Bobo Brazil to start feuding for the belt.

The GLCW World Heavyweight Title has been Bobo Brazil’s baby for four straight years but finally lost the belt to Dick Hutton at the GLCW Legacy 45 event with former 2x NWA World Champion Isiah Watson (user character) from the 1920s as the special guest enforcer.

Otherwise, Giant Baba and Antonio Inoki are dominating the tag team division.  Competing against Bruno Sammartino and Dominic Denucci, Mad Dog and Butcher Vachon and a plethora of other wrestlers.

Older talent like Lou Thesz, Paul Boesch, Ernest Baldwin, and many others are on the decline and have been released or I’m using them to build the next generation of talent.

Why does the GLCW have. World Title if their in the NWA?

World Class Championship Wrestling - January 1997 to November 2001

With October having come and gone, World Class is officially on the Road to the Parade of Champions VI, though you wouldn't totally know it with how relatively quiet the month of November's been for the company. Sure I've set some seeds for my season finale supercard, but they're all just starting to grow amongst already developed and finishing stories that I've still got going on. In order to keep my interest going however, I decided to make my own version of Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday with Power to the People, an Ignition brand exclusive event that sees the fans hold the fate of their favorite stars in their hands....in-game anyways. In reality, I decided to set up a variety of choices for all matches on the card, ranging from opponents to match types, enforcers and even rewards for the victors and punishments for losers while relying on a random number generator to simulate the "fan interaction" as best as I could.

Despite the RNG not giving me some of the outcomes I hoped for (Heel vs Heel/Face vs Face matches, match stips that didn't feel totally satisfying enough, etc), the event was a success and creatively flowed pretty easily without anything feeling too forced or rushed. I was also able to keep enough focus on the Shockwave brand too during all this, taking a slower approach to the brand's builds as their next PPV wouldn't take place until December. I'm still debating on what big thing to give that show however, as I want to make it unique like Power to the People has been this month. The name of the event is SuperFight, and so far I've been mixing together a few storylines with my top guys to build tension, maybe a big multi-man match?

American Outlaws

After surviving the Lone Wolf's hunt, Freddie Datsun switched his focus on a showdown with a man who is quickly becoming one of his most dangerous opponents in "Big Tex" Jeff Walker. Having already clashed once for the World title before in October, Walker made his case for a rematch in the simplest way possible by laying out the World champ week after week on national television. At first it was due to surprise, but the constant wear down of both Walker & Gonzalez the month previously began to give the cowboy an advantage over the everyman, even when Freddie was the one calling him out. Eventually, Ignition GM Ryan Aitchson had to put a stop to things & make both men sign an agreement to cut all physical contact in exchange for a title match where the fans would decide just what kind of war these two would settle the score in. The trio of choices were as follows: a Texas Deathmatch, a Texas Bullrope Match, and in a World Class first, a Stretcher match. Throughout the month the choices were hyped through video packages & the announce team, as Datsun & Walker were clearly just concerned about getting their hands on each other no matter how it happened. In the end, the fans chose the Texas Bullrope stipulation, leading to a vicious bout that saw Datsun persevere and overcome Big Tex in a very solid showing.

High Noon

The Ignition after the World Class Grand Prix saw Dusty Streets & Louis Figo Manico face off in a match to settle their score of 1-1 in a friendly exhibition match, a fantastic bout that saw Louis victorious but still gracious about it as he left the ring to let Dusty bask in the audience's adulation. Unfortunately for them, Eric Tyler ruined the moment with an ambush on the veteran, laying Dusty out and standing over him with a disdainful look on his face. In a promo the week after, Eric explained that he attacked Streets because of his status as a Texas legend, an icon of a tradition that glorifies gratuitous violence, hedonistic indulgence and abhorrent behavior from the worst bunch of trash. At first Eric was fine to let things go & let Dusty limp his way to irrelevancy, especially after crushing his dream run in the main event of the Parade of Champions V, but to see him still get cheered despite that has made his options clear. If he wanted to truly make World Class accept his visions of proper tradition, he had to get rid of Texas tradition. He had to take more than Dusty's dreams, he had to take his career too. In true Texas fashion, Dusty didn't waste time confronting Eric & accepting his challenge...but only if he was willing to put his own career on the line as well!

It was on the November 2001, WK 2 edition of Ignition that Eric Tyler & Dusty Streets agreed to put their respective careers & beliefs on the line, and it was on the same episode that Dusty Streets, despite using everything he had left, had his career come to an end at the hands of a man who spit on everything he valued and fought for. The following week saw Dusty get a lot of love throughout the episode with video packages & a retirement ceremony to celebrate his career, but Tyler wasn't satisfied. He made an appearance towards the end of the ceremony to give his own insulting goodbyes, causing Louis to stand up for his friend & challenge Tyler to a match on behalf of his newly retired ally where the fans would decide just how he'd punish Eric! Not long after, it was announced on WCCW.com that the fans had the choices of a 30 Minute Ironman match, an I Quit match, and the eventual winner, a 2/3 Falls Match! Like most matches between these two, it was a fantastic bout, but despite Louis' efforts, his desire for payback saw Eric take advantage of his temper & come out victorious after two shots with a pair of brass knuckles to the skull for the 3rd fall. Seeing the writing on the wall, Freddie Datsun took initiative on the last Ignition of November & requested GM Aitchson to book a rematch for that night to decide which man would challenge him once & for all. Only...that match ended in a time-limit draw, meaning that both men head into December with uncertain futures...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Blonde Bomber said:

Shouldn’t it not be called the World title if it’s not for the world.

It should. But Great Lakes came first and their egotistical owner Jirving Kowalchyzk, would tell you that nobody tells GLCW what to. 

Hopefully when his stubborn 77 year old body finally gives out, his son Joseph (50), or grandsons Charles (20) and Tucker (17) can make updates.

Edited by Zero
  • Like 1

Update in my CWB game in 1977.

It's Sunday, W1, October.

We've been growing steadily most of the year.  Now at 69 in NE [up from 58[ and 31 in the Tristate area [from 23].

Recently we've been running weekly shows in the Tristate, and moved our TV show from afternoon to early peak.  So our rate of growth has increased.  We should be heading for medium [tristate at 35] in the next 2-4 months.

Financially we're solid.  We've got about $2m in the bank and we're making ~$200k per month.

Wild Man Sullivan is still our heavyweight champ.  He's a machine.  He's defended the belt against The Boston Bomber, Big Ted Munchak, 10 Punch Buck Winslow, Angus McCloud, Corporal Doom and Flapjack Flanagan in various ways and combinations.  our fans just love to hate the Wild Man.

The tag titles have changed hands much more often.  Currently The Stomper and Bobby Linquist hold them.  But most of the year they've been held by various combinations of the Britannia Wrestling Alliance, our heel stable of Brit guys.  

The Bomber is right up there with Wild Man as a star.  Those two remain head and shoulders above everyone else and can put on brilliant matches with almost anyone.  So long as one of them produces a good ME we're in good health.

Behind them 10 Punch is right there, but Angus McCloud [signed in the summer] has come up fast.  He just [produces regularly on the mic and the mat.  Future champ potential.

Behind him Corporal Doom is a really fine worker, but not quite had the real run he surely someday will.  Major Kaos and General Havok have come in to support him, but frankly he was better alone.  I think he'll be running a stable of lower-card guys, rather than in a top-heavy group in the future.  He's still just 19, so he has glory all over his future.

Identity Black is still on the roster, but I havent got much to do with him tbh.  He's reliable as a UM guy, but given how key our main event is in grade terms... doe it matter?

The Stomper is coming up fast.  He continually outshines everyone in tag matches, and I think I'll need to give him a solo run sooner rather than later.

In the lower card, Charlie Homicide has been turning heads.  He's still pretty much a nobody, but hes got a big future.

Absolutely loving this game!

• Like 2