TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

Been a while since I've played a non-watcher sim, or hung out here on the forums so I'm sure this question has been asked a million times...but using the search feature to find the answer has proven to be a challenge...

One of the biggest drawbacks I've had with TEW is with long term games and people's popularity ultimately being capped, which effectively hamstrings my promotion's progress.

Am I overlooking something? I try to go for workrate first, but after a little while things start to flatten out and I stop gaining popularity as do my workers, and as such the promotion starts stockpiling cash but never growing. Do I just need to start bringing in more over guys and burying them? I'd really prefer it to be more organic...

Idk...is this a problem for anyone else?

It seems like your dudes just all have low Star Quality and/or Charisma, which for a workrate focused company makes sense - usually workers with both are rare. Try to bring in a couple of guys with high charisma and star quality, even if you have to sacrifice workrate a little bit.

Or just edit some of your guys to 100 SQ, advance a day, and then put SQ back where it was. That trick always used to work, have only recently started playing again so things might have changed.

A lot of the time when someone appears to have hit a pop cap, it's just the pop cap for that specific gimmick with the specific audience who are seeing them. By which I mean, if you change your broadcaster (to a similar or better deal, of course) and/or change their gimmick then new fans can see them in a new light which will recalculate their popularity cap. You can also only reach certain thresholds with some size broadcasters... I forget the exact numbers though.

Basically, if someone seems to have hit a cap, you need to change something about them or about the fans seeing them :)

So currently I'm playing real world mod WWE and having a hard time in determining match durations. I'm using the default product, the classic sports entertainment.

So it says that matches under 15 mins are unable to gain high ratings, but when I put a match over 15 mins, the rating tend to be lower than a match that I put around 12 mins. Is this a bug? Or it is supposed to be like this?

Hi folks,

I've not played the game for a while, when I've gone to open it today it says I need to install a new update from June 2022 version 1.40.

Does anyone know where I can find it thanks.

I'm probably being blind.

There was a bug that was fixed in a patch (you should be up to date via the tech support forum if you aren't already) a while back where the AI could book women vs men for championships if both were set as wrestlers and the championship was set to be available to both. I think it also ignored the women's wrestling setting as a result, and it might also be important to check if the women's contracts specify that they are to only be used in a wrestling role as this may trick the AI to do things your product might not want :)

Hi all,

I have purchased two companies that I use as developmental, but both are in an alliance (they were before the purchase). I really want to make them leave, but cannot find a way - I can't even delete the alliance in the editor.

Is there a way? Can it be done? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Just got back into TEW for the first time in a long time and loving jumping into TEW20 trying to absorb all the new features at once. Already have a pretty serviceable SWF save going on.

One thing I can't seem to get an answer on is why Joe Sexy's commentary stat has taken a nosedive. I asked him to start being a colour commentator, he said yes and instantly had a colour skill of 79 (same as his mic skill, which is kind of what I was expecting).

Six weeks later, his colour stat has been nosediving despite being active every week on the 'B' show I started. It's already at 71.

Why is this happening? My guess is that it's because the starting skill it generates for him is way above his potential cap, but doesn't this basically make asking anyone to be a colour commentator pointless (for a big company at least)? If there's something I'm missing I'd love to know. I'm sure as hell not letting Joe be a road agent.

Just got back into TEW for the first time in a long time and loving jumping into TEW20 trying to absorb all the new features at once. Already have a pretty serviceable SWF save going on.

One thing I can't seem to get an answer on is why Joe Sexy's commentary stat has taken a nosedive. I asked him to start being a colour commentator, he said yes and instantly had a colour skill of 79 (same as his mic skill, which is kind of what I was expecting).

Six weeks later, his colour stat has been nosediving despite being active every week on the 'B' show I started. It's already at 71.

Why is this happening? My guess is that it's because the starting skill it generates for him is way above his potential cap, but doesn't this basically make asking anyone to be a colour commentator pointless (for a big company at least)? If there's something I'm missing I'd love to know. I'm sure as hell not letting Joe be a road agent.

Are you up to date on patches? There was an issue in an earlier version with people asked to be a colour commentator (admittedly not the same as this as far as I'm aware).

Just a guess, but what sort of ratings are the shows doing? If they're far below what his CC rating is, maybe because the shows aren't getting great ratings, it's perceived that his CC isn't good...so he's being dinged for it? Again, that might not be how the mechanic works in game, but something to consider.

If a new CC joined WWE or AEW and the shows were perceived to be 'worse' than before they joined, I could see fans saying 'man, this new CC isn't nearly as good as advertised...' or 'It's going to take a few weeks for this CC to build chemistry with the Announcing team'...and his 'rating' would take a hit.

Probably not what it is, but food for thought anyway.

What's the best way for me to make the DB more efficient?

I'm 30 years into a save and the loading times are now crawling, presumably due to the amount of workers/matches/etc being tracked in the database.

Is there a tool or setting to promote a more aggressive attitude to removing workers who are just floating around (i.e. generated but not hired by anyone within a time frame)?

Any other general tips on keep the game ticking over quicker?

What's the best way for me to make the DB more efficient?

I'm 30 years into a save and the loading times are now crawling, presumably due to the amount of workers/matches/etc being tracked in the database.

Is there a tool or setting to promote a more aggressive attitude to removing workers who are just floating around (i.e. generated but not hired by anyone within a time frame)?

Any other general tips on keep the game ticking over quicker?

On the first of a new month, convert the save into a database, then go into the newly-created database and clean up workers that aren't doing anything (deceased, out of the business, not working, whatever). When you start a new game with your cleaned-up database, all the match and card historical info will be gone, as will all of the worker data you got rid of, which will speed up your load times.

St.T

This seems to be quite a common occurrence, and I think (though I'm no expert) that it is for the reason that you suggest. When generating a colour commentator stat for a worker newly taking up the role, it defaults to their microphone skill. However, their mic skill might be higher than the cap for their colour commentary.

That being said, it isn't pointless to ask workers to switch to being a colour commentator, as some may well have higher skill caps than others. That being said, not all good talkers will end up being good colour commentators, so you might need to try a few guys before you hit on a good option.

It is also worth noting that, if a worker has a colour skill less than 70% of their microphone skill, then their segment ratings will actually be based on 70% of their microphone skill rather than their colour commentary. This might not be great in a big company, but it does at least make good talkers just about usable as commentators, even if their colour cap is low.

I am still playing on TEW 2016 because this laptop is trash and can't handle the new game. So, my question is using 2016 game can I use the 2020 data in the 16 game? I'm guessing it's a definite no, but figured I'd at least ask and see if anyone knows for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

If this has been asked, I apologize. But does a workers Momentum get reset every time they're contract ends and they come back a few months later? 
For example of what I'm thinking of, is that I'm running a new game from the ground up. Trying the 0 pop thing and I want guys to be fodder without completely destroying them. So if I bring in a Sammy Bach for instance, (just a name off the top of my head) and he gets squashed for two or three months, and he exits the company. Will his momentum go back to neutral if I bring him back in say 3 months? Or will he come back with cold/ chilly momentum?

4 hours ago, gmsubzer said:

If this has been asked, I apologize. But does a workers Momentum get reset every time they're contract ends and they come back a few months later? 
For example of what I'm thinking of, is that I'm running a new game from the ground up. Trying the 0 pop thing and I want guys to be fodder without completely destroying them. So if I bring in a Sammy Bach for instance, (just a name off the top of my head) and he gets squashed for two or three months, and he exits the company. Will his momentum go back to neutral if I bring him back in say 3 months? Or will he come back with cold/ chilly momentum?

It would reset. Momentum is stored in their contract; if they have no contract then the data no longer exists to re-use.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, Adam Ryland said:

Could you clarify what screen you're talking about?

Imagine you have a match between two wrestlers, you already know that they have no chemistry with each other. During the booking, the game puts a pop-up to make you aware that they have no chemistry. Right after that there's another pop-up asking if I should be warned next time (or something like that) and I said no. 

So the next time I do a match between them, I won't be aware of their non-chemistry in the ring.