TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

what happened to creating a broadcaster? It is now stupidly expensive, and no-one is ever going to have enough money (I say no-one, you could but it would take a long, long, long time)

People complained that it was was too cheap and easy to abuse, so Adam tuned it to be more realistic. Now, naturally, people are up in arms for the opposite reason. :rolleyes:

People complained that it was was too cheap and easy to abuse, so Adam tuned it to be more realistic. Now, naturally, people are up in arms for the opposite reason. :rolleyes:

I didn't complain about the old system. And that's like saying if all companies had 1 dollar, and people complained so Adam made all companies have 99999999 dollars, people shouldn't complain.

The new system is crazy, which is my opinion. I shouldn't not complain because it was recently changed

Is there a perfect core product for AEW where "dangerous match set ups will be penalised" isn't one of the consequences? I don't think that applies to AEW. I'll do a ladder match and get a "this type of match isn't a good choice for this crowd", or whatever it says. I looked through all the other product bases and none of them seem to work better for AEW, but maybe I missed one or maybe I don't know of a way to customize it even more?

I also really would be interested in the answer to this question

I mean, I think it's fair enough for people to be slightly annoyed that a key part of the game, the financials, appear to be getting edited massively in swingy directions. It was absolutely ridiculously easy a few patches ago, when I made well over $200,000,000 in about 3 months. On the other hand, we're now at a situation where it looks like recouping your initial investment will take many years. Is it going to be changed again? Who knows? But it's definitely putting me off starting a serious game because, between that and the ridiculously close wages for everyone who's under 19 or whatever average national popularity, the game feels fundamentally financially pointless.

what happened to creating a broadcaster? It is now stupidly expensive, and no-one is ever going to have enough money (I say no-one, you could but it would take a long, long, long time)

Also you literally can't create an Enormous broadcaster everywhere as the game can't handle feds having the amounts involved!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Roclyjohan" data-cite="Roclyjohan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a problem with pictures.<p> Ive added some new picture-files to the default-folder just like i used to do in TEW 2016 but they don't show up in the game. I try to add them in the editor but they are nowhere to be found.</p><p> </p><p> What am i doing wrong?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Di you change the picture folder in Database Details page?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="njmcfreak" data-cite="njmcfreak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Di you change the picture folder in Database Details page?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No. Using The "Default" folder.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lr10540" data-cite="lr10540" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Where is the User Talents Screen?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Go to the arrows at the bottom of the screen (to the left and right of where it has all the buttons) and click a few times to cycle through stuff, one of the things you get to has user talents on.</p>

<p>I have a problem with bringing some people over.</p><p>

For example Matt Jackson in my 2004 save game. I always used The Young Bucks as a team and while Nick is a Major Star in my promotion, Matt is stuck at recognisable no matter what I do.</p><p>

I'm really confused.</p><p>

Do someone know anything that could help?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Remianen" data-cite="Remianen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What size is your company? If you're 'Small', you need to move up to Medium. 70 is the maximum popularity a worker can get to while working for a Small company. Doesn't matter how far your broadcasting reaches. You need to be Medium or higher to get workers over 70 popularity.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My TCW is Large, currently. Plenty of other guys have broken the 70 threshold but for some reason Edd Stone hasn't gone over that level in a single place despite his white hot momentum.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mrpengo88" data-cite="mrpengo88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My TCW is Large, currently. Plenty of other guys have broken the 70 threshold but for some reason Edd Stone hasn't gone over that level in a single place despite his white hot momentum.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Some workers just don't get over, no matter how much you push them. Like real life, WWE could shove someone down our throats and still not break that barrier.</p>

Some workers just don't get over, no matter how much you push them. Like real life, WWE could shove someone down our throats and still not break that barrier.

Yet he's considered a major star by the fans...

I'm just curious what the actual mechanic is that's preventing him from growing

Yet he's considered a major star by the fans...

I'm just curious what the actual mechanic is that's preventing him from growing

There's a hidden growth cap, which differs by game, which workers will find it incredibly difficult to get past.

Newbie question here,

Is there a way to exit the booking screen once we've advanced? I'm playing an MAW game and kinda goofed for the Sam Keith Classic, forgot to bring in some external tag teams for the event. Was hoping I could go back and do that day of.

Thx to everybody answering questions in advance, don´t want to clog up the thread with thx replies.

Can somebody elaborate on what would be a good "revenue split" for broadcasting deals? The converter sets all revenue splits to 10%, but looking at the cornellverse, revenue splits range from 10-100%. Any rule of thumb to go by for this?

I also really would be interested in the answer to this question

I guess no one cares to help us lol :(

I can't speak for what a good product would be, but if you're having an issue with ladder matches not working under a Wrestling Nerd Nirvana product (or Fast And Furious or Guerrilla Warfare), it's not a product issue. It's a database issue. For ladder matches to be usable by all product types, the Injury Risk should be set to Average rather than High.