TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I can't seem to find where to read how a show is rated. Opening the product tab teaches me how segments and matches are rated. But i don't know where to find how the overall show is rated. I remember that for some products were like 80% of the main event rating + 20% of the overall rating of the other segments. And so on.

I believe each show is rated on a percentage of match ratings (determined by your match focus) and your angle rating (determined by your angle focus) based on the length of time you put on your shows for each.

If you get three matches rated 100, 50 and 50 that take up 45 minutes with main event focus, assuming the 100 is your main event (or last match on the card), you should score a 95 for your match rating. (100x90% + 50{ave of all other matches}x10%).

If you had three angles of 5 minutes each scoring 80, 50, 10 with tight focus you would score 77 for your angle rating (80x90% + 50x10% {only the best two are taken}.

Since you have 45 minutes of matches and 15 minutes of angles, your show rating should be 45x95 + 15x77 all divided by 60 so a 90.5. I’m not sure if it gets rounded up or always down.

I think this then gets adjusted based on production penalties, and probably not having the correct match/angle ratio expected from your product). There are probably bonuses too that get added since it would be impossible to get a 100 rated show without them.

I could be completely wrong, but that’s what I took away from the game manual.

My understanding is that the Rookie designation is for first year workers. The Young Lion designation is for younger workers whose Respect stat hasn't hit a certain level yet.

So, Rookies without the Young Lion classification are not held to the same strict standards as those with the Young Lion mark.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gabriel" data-cite="Gabriel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My understanding is that the Rookie designation is for first year workers. The Young Lion designation is for younger workers whose Respect stat hasn't hit a certain level yet.<p> </p><p> So, Rookies without the Young Lion classification are not held to the same strict standards as those with the Young Lion mark.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So, who CAN a Young Lion go over without the crowd turning? In 2016, it was fairly simple- no one over 30. That doesn't appear to be the case in 2020. I assume it's connected to the experience level.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, who CAN a Young Lion go over without the crowd turning? In 2016, it was fairly simple- no one over 30. That doesn't appear to be the case in 2020. I assume it's connected to the experience level.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They need either 25 or 26 experience before not being considered a young lion. They can only go over other young lions. I always job them up to 26 experience and then send them on excursion for a year or two.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="neslo024" data-cite="neslo024" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They need either 25 or 26 experience before not being considered a young lion. They can only go over other young lions. I always job them up to 26 experience and then send them on excursion for a year or two.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you sure that's right? Because I've got a few youngsters on my roster, like Emiko Miyoshi, and she's not listed as a Young Lion anymore, but her experience is also well below 25.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Matt_Black" data-cite="Matt_Black" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you sure that's right? Because I've got a few youngsters on my roster, like Emiko Miyoshi, and she's not listed as a Young Lion anymore, but her experience is also well below 25.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fairly sure respect plays into it - what's hers? I think if you're D- or better (not 100% sure) you're no longer a young lion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RosettaStoned" data-cite="RosettaStoned" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="47811" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there anyway to not be dinged when booking a match with a special referee that isn't primarily a ref. i.e. their ref stat will be low (0-45), but you would like to book a special guest ref as an attraction, etc.? Or is modifying the stat the best practice?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can could always use the At Ringside note to emulate the Special Guest Enforcer.</p>

Is there anyway to not be dinged when booking a match with a special referee that isn't primarily a ref. i.e. their ref stat will be low (0-45), but you would like to book a special guest ref as an attraction, etc.? Or is modifying the stat the best practice?

Isn't refereeing stat ignored for special refs, as long as you don't use more than 2 in a show? (I haven't played for months, so may be wrong, but that has always been the case in the past.)

When it comes to crowds being interested in someone how are things tabulated? I run a medium size promotion in the Mid Atlantic region in the U.S. but I air in Japan as well. I ran a special B show taping in Japan with my Japanese wrestlers thinking I could elevate my popularity there a bit. However none of my Japanese wrestlers are important in America. My popularity in the area of Japan I ran the show was 10 and I ran workers that ranged anywhere from 20-40 in that location and every match got the note that the crowd was unhappy with seeing two wrestlers they have no interest in.

So is the "crowd" in this instance the TV viewers? I figured if a worker was more over in a region than the company is in that region the live crowd would be accepting. It was weird having Japan not like Tiger Mask.

Thanks. I was toying with buying a competitor, but it turns out you can’t change the CEO/owner after purchasing to become developmental. Bit annoying. Surely as the new owner you should be able to replace everybody upon purchase?

Can you not just release them from the roster, thus opening up the spot that way? Or just it just lock you out of those types of decisions? Haven't purchased a company yet myself.

Can you not just release them from the roster, thus opening up the spot that way? Or just it just lock you out of those types of decisions? Haven't purchased a company yet myself.

I tried to sack everybody and start afresh, but it won’t let you release the owner (who is now listed as CEO. Their Booker was pretty decent, but the CEO was a poor businessman. I thought you could possible fire them and have people apply for the job, or perhaps create a new user character. I left it a couple of weeks, by which time they had folded. Was much cheaper than starting my up your own company. Maybe it will be the wrong decision in the long run.

Thanks. I was toying with buying a competitor, but it turns out you can’t change the CEO/owner after purchasing to become developmental. Bit annoying. Surely as the new owner you should be able to replace everybody upon purchase?

You can definitely change the Owner and Booker once you purchase a company.

Don't have the game in front of me, but any event that has a pic already has it assigned in the game, correct? So anything that is missing would just show as not having a picture?

Yes. Pretty sure. I was updating the TCW logos the other day and they had at least one event that didnt have a logo

Hey guys, I'm really new to TEW 2020 and I'm having trouble with contracts. I started a new promotion with $5million and I reached a deal with few people who were under written contracts with other promotions. I thought this would mean that they're going to come to my promotion immediately, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I waited a month and still nothing. Does this mean they'll join when their contracts expire or what's the deal here?