TEW 2020 Small Questions Thread

I used to always have a Windows laptop to play games like this but since TEW 2016 I've played these games using Parallels on my Mac and never had an issue.

Waiting for Parallels to release the new version to hopefully run on M1 chips but I foresee it costing me a small fortune. Need to decide how badly I want to play TEW haha.

Anyone have a breakdown of benefits for different TV options? I'm mostly 60-63 US and have my own broadcaster at medium there.

Trying to decide on staying medium vs upgrading to big or signing with a big broadcaster for TV and /or PPV. Not sure if they added revenue of PPV offsets the lost viewers from the timeslot or the fact that they take most of the income.

Anyone have a breakdown of benefits for different TV options? I'm mostly 60-63 US and have my own broadcaster at medium there.

Trying to decide on staying medium vs upgrading to big or signing with a big broadcaster for TV and /or PPV. Not sure if they added revenue of PPV offsets the lost viewers from the timeslot or the fact that they take most of the income.

Do you get the post-show note that your popularity would have increased in x regions if your coverage was bigger?

Do you get the post-show note that your popularity would have increased in x regions if your coverage was bigger?

No, but I did save a backup and sim'd through a month with some interesting results. Of note, I run two 3 hr A shows, a 2 hr B show, a monthly event and have 2 child companies on my network.

1) leaving it as is got me about 200-230k per a show and lost some on B shows (I want to say 50k, but don't recall for sure). I did not run through the event in this sim.

2) Increasing just the US to big, increased to over 400k per A show and a smaller loss on B shows. This one I did take through the event and made about 600k at the event, with a significant part of the difference likely being ticket sales

3) I saved sim 2 above right before the event and replayed it signing I think with USA free choice (mainstream, big coverage, ppv) in a bad time slot with me getting 15%. The event got about 960k in ppv revenue

4) replayed #3. For some reason I can only set up internet based broadcasters, but I had just enough to set up an internet PPV at big to match the one above. I thought that by getting 100% in prime time this would be favorable and quickly pay for itself, but I want to say only got 130k in revenue (can't check as I've deleted it). maybe because its internet and not terrestrial?

I didn't play any of them through the end of the month due to the time it took to manually autobook and sim through my shows so I don't know if there were additional monthly costs.

Is there a way to sim through the month with the computer autobooking and running my shows instead of me having to manually do it?

I’m not too sure what the answer is. I’d definitely be interested in the numbers for each TV broadcast type for each coverage level. The game manual says that internet is the least capable of bringing in money. In my save I have my own broadcaster as commercial and use PPV broadcasters for my monthly events as well as my broadcaster.

I would assume each broadcaster cannibalises your audience and the larger coverage takes the most. I never understood why anybody would buy my events on PPV when they only have to sit through adverts on my broadcaster for free? I may run my next event without putting it on my broadcaster to see what happens money wise. I’ll let you know.

So I have a child company that keeps raising and lowering their production levels. What should I do about it since I don't have the funds to maintain it? Is there a way to set it so they don't change it anymore?

I tried more than once adding a new player as the booker and lowering it myself but after a few weeks they just raise it again and I take the hit twice. I also changed the owner and booker but that didn't work. Their production is even better than mine.

I've tried searching for this but no success...

I'm having a psychology problem with a worker. In almost every match I get a penalty note saying "The match suffered from a lack of psychology, it could have really used somebody with the knowledge of how to construct a proper flow."

But... It's not making sense.

The worker's psychology is 74 and rising. The road agent (who scripted the match) has a psychology of 90. The worker had an in ring performance of 96.

And I don't think it has anything to do with his gimmick, either. He's working a badass gimmick, and it has two cons: large penalty for charisma to matches and angles, and can be penalized for being used in lengthy matches and angles.

This worker gets this penalty in probably 9/10 of his matches. Our lowest road agent psychology is 80. Anyone have any idea what this could be? It's not a major problem, in the current year his lowest ,match is a 71, his highest is 100, and his average is an 86. I'd just like to know what is causing the problem...

I've tried searching for this but no success...

I'm having a psychology problem with a worker. In almost every match I get a penalty note saying "The match suffered from a lack of psychology, it could have really used somebody with the knowledge of how to construct a proper flow."

But... It's not making sense.

The worker's psychology is 74 and rising. The road agent (who scripted the match) has a psychology of 90. The worker had an in ring performance of 96.

And I don't think it has anything to do with his gimmick, either. He's working a badass gimmick, and it has two cons: large penalty for charisma to matches and angles, and can be penalized for being used in lengthy matches and angles.

This worker gets this penalty in probably 9/10 of his matches. Our lowest road agent psychology is 80. Anyone have any idea what this could be? It's not a major problem, in the current year his lowest ,match is a 71, his highest is 100, and his average is an 86. I'd just like to know what is causing the problem...

It means he is putting on performances that are way better than his psychology rating so he’s getting dinged as a way to balance it out so that he’s not getting 96 rated matches each time. His regular skills are higher than his psychology so while he psych is good it’s holding him back from the rest of his skill set because it is not equally as high.

It means he is putting on performances that are way better than his psychology rating so he’s getting dinged as a way to balance it out so that he’s not getting 96 rated matches each time. His regular skills are higher than his psychology so while he psych is good it’s holding him back from the rest of his skill set because it is not equally as high.

I see. And I am also currently stoned enough that it makes sense to me on a much higher level. Thanks.

Iron Clad Contracts

Alright so I'm in a save where I'm booking two companies, because I want to try and do what AEW and Impact are doing. I wanna sign some guys to contracts with both companies. I guess my question is, when it comes to a regular written contract, not exclusive, with an iron clad cause, does that mean another company can't sign the worker exclusively? Or am I misunderstanding something?

So I have a child company that keeps raising and lowering their production levels. What should I do about it since I don't have the funds to maintain it? Is there a way to set it so they don't change it anymore?

I tried more than once adding a new player as the booker and lowering it myself but after a few weeks they just raise it again and I take the hit twice. I also changed the owner and booker but that didn't work. Their production is even better than mine.

Anyone have any clue how to bypass that? My save is on hold for now because if I play I'll go bankrupt and I don't wanna cheat.

Have you set a maximum size for your child company?

No, but the company has been the same size forever. I bought it in Sep 2021.

xlSG7nA.png

E2LYy96.png

Here's the Production Levels screen. GCW and ROH alongside with MLW keep raising and lowering their production every month.

GCW is almost out of business. Notice how they lowered their production, starting making money and decided to spend it all again.

G3ktXB6.png

No, but the company has been the same size forever. I bought it in Sep 2021.

xlSG7nA.png

E2LYy96.png

Here's the Production Levels screen. GCW and ROH alongside with MLW keep raising and lowering their production every month.

GCW is almost out of business. Notice how they lowered their production, starting making money and decided to spend it all again.

G3ktXB6.png

Is it going to be down to companies being rivals and/or being in regional battles. The lower production value to save money, make some, so increase to match their rivals

Has anyone had issues with training facilities not producing graduates? I have a custom company that opened in June 2020, and also set a training facility that opened at the same time, owned and linked to my company. Wrestlers are set to graduate in June and it's been two years without producing any graduates. Am I missing something?

Has anyone had issues with training facilities not producing graduates? I have a custom company that opened in June 2020, and also set a training facility that opened at the same time, owned and linked to my company. Wrestlers are set to graduate in June and it's been two years without producing any graduates. Am I missing something?

Do you have picture requirement set to on or off?

No, but I did save a backup and sim'd through a month with some interesting results. Of note, I run two 3 hr A shows, a 2 hr B show, a monthly event and have 2 child companies on my network.

Is there a way to sim through the month with the computer autobooking and running my shows instead of me having to manually do it?

So I’ve just run the same event twice. Once with my broadcaster and PPV broadcasters, and once with just PPV broadcasters.

My broadcaster is Internet Commercial. Very Big everywhere and Huge in British Isles (my base) and Europe.

My PPV partners are Small in Oceania and Japan, Medium in USA, Canada and Europe, and Big in British Isles and Mexico.

First Event

4,979,511 TV viewers/656,707 PPV buys

1,673,585 broadcasting revenue/1,588,803 PPV income

Second Event

710,395 PPV buys

1,717,911 PPV income

I ran the same card and actually scored a higher rating for the second time through, but only increased my popularity in 8 regions and was capped heavily.

I would say do not bother with your own PPV broadcaster. The average income per buy I got was around $2.42 from mostly cable providers at various percentage agreements. However, the very minimal 8% increase in buys when I don’t broadcast it on my own commercial internet service is not worth it. I gained just over 120k income but lose the 1.6m from commercials!

So I have an exclusive worker who was involved in a scandal and is now considered Toxic. It only slightly hurt his popularity, and I think he's valuable enough that I'm willing to wait it out up to 18 months or so just to see if it passes and get him back involved.

Is this Toxic label something that just randomly goes away, or is this permanent?

If it's temporary I'll just send him away on the first of the month for a month and check in again next time until I've had enough.

So I’ve just run the same event twice. Once with my broadcaster and PPV broadcasters, and once with just PPV broadcasters.

My broadcaster is Internet Commercial. Very Big everywhere and Huge in British Isles (my base) and Europe.

My PPV partners are Small in Oceania and Japan, Medium in USA, Canada and Europe, and Big in British Isles and Mexico.

First Event

4,979,511 TV viewers/656,707 PPV buys

1,673,585 broadcasting revenue/1,588,803 PPV income

Second Event

710,395 PPV buys

1,717,911 PPV income

I ran the same card and actually scored a higher rating for the second time through, but only increased my popularity in 8 regions and was capped heavily.

I would say do not bother with your own PPV broadcaster. The average income per buy I got was around $2.42 from mostly cable providers at various percentage agreements. However, the very minimal 8% increase in buys when I don’t broadcast it on my own commercial internet service is not worth it. I gained just over 120k income but lose the 1.6m from commercials!

I actually realized you could do this earlier and it worked out in my benefit to have it on both.

Running PPV only got about 300K more than running on my internet commercial broadcaster only.

Running on both gave me another 500K over running PPV only, maybe 100K of which was due to my booking (18 points grading better than the autobooker which lead to more PPV buys and TV viewers)

I put up a spliced screenshot of the event in the "what's going on in your game thread". I also added it is a possible error as both PPV and my broadcaster are big in US, and I would think that at the same size, people would just tune in for free to my channel.

Your broadcast revenue is way above mine as is your viewer number (I'm assuming because you are very big vs me being big). I did just see a medium Mexican and small Canadian PPV company will negotiate so my next event could do even better.

3 other questions:

Have you noted any negative to expanding your own broadcaster coverage? It seems like instant $$$ for internet commercial. Even my child company went from being in the red to making ~36K/show.

Have you played with subscription yet? (It tells me that I'd lose money at any size above medium present and no size makes enough income that it's worth doing)

Can you ever sell/close your broadcaster?

3 other questions:

Have you noted any negative to expanding your own broadcaster coverage? It seems like instant $$$ for internet commercial. Even my child company went from being in the red to making ~36K/show.

Have you played with subscription yet? (It tells me that I'd lose money at any size above medium present and no size makes enough income that it's worth doing)

Can you ever sell/close your broadcaster?

I think you can close a broadcaster, I’ll have to check. You can close Dojos so I don’t see why not. There is no negative aspects to expanding your broadcaster. I’ve found that even expanding the day of a show will increase viewership. The only drawback is that it costs WAY more the improve after opening a broadcaster than it does to initially invest, so saving up for that extra level before you create one is much more financially efficient.

I’ve posted a separate thread for subscription since it doesn’t seem to make sense to me. The blurb says you make less money the larger your coverage, despite having huge popularity. I think I’ll stick to my commercial broadcaster. I may see if I make more money on terrestrial when I get to higher levels in other regions. Don’t know if taking a smaller cut of a larger pot will be better than taking all of an internet pot.