<p>GSW is my favorite company to play as booker because it feels like it's on hard mode. I'm not a huge fan of deathmatch in the real world, but in the game, hardcore companies are difficult to make financially viable, especially when half the roster are addicts. </p><p> </p><p>

Also, Dark Raider's diaries are my favorites.</p><p> </p><p>

Here's my first reactions to the update for GSW:</p><p> </p><p>

Nemesis's death seems to have lessened the war between IPW and GSW and they seem to have "simmering tension" left over from days past.</p><p> </p><p>

Deaf Touch won the King of California and went on to win the American title! In my 2016 saves, he would usually get a manager and hold the West Coast title for years feuding with Busta Capp and Hard-1. Seeing him as champion got me giddy.</p><p> </p><p>

Untouched by larger feds. Usually a couple years in and Cali Slick, Mobstar, and/or Fro Sure would be signed. </p><p> </p><p>

Top Dolla had a stint as the West Coast Champion? I always booked him to to crazy bumps until he got seriously injured in 2016. He would never win in my saves, but he would also never get cut.</p><p> </p><p>

Kandii is still the only female so it seems like just like in 2016 one of the first jobs is to hire more eye candy.</p><p> </p><p>

Deathmatches are penalised even though its an extreme hardcore promotion. Not sure if this is intended, especially since one of the preset storylines is Magwitch and newcomer Noah Nadir is titled GSW Deathmatch Drama.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Hardcore Havoc, Batman! That praise out of the blue caught me by surprise. Thank you very much and I fully intend to do a 2020 GSW diary eventually, but I'd be lying if I didn't give props to Voeltzwagon for inspiring me to try GSW in the first place. If the hype diary is to be trusted, he's got one coming up so look out for it. I know I will, satiating my GSW hunger until I pull yhe trigger on my own.

Lots of new talent I'm loving and losing match aims must make this a whole new experience. Also cutting T&A from the product means you don't have to go on a hot chick hiring spree and have them feature prominently in every show. You probably should, but you won't be penalised for not doing it.

I get the deathmatch penalties though. The way I see it, the GSW product is a gangsta spin on attitude era WWF: brawling, weapons, blood, sex, run ins, surprises, chaos, edgy realistic characters but nowhere near the "landmine exploding razorwire piranha tank" of an FMW-style, true garbage deathmatch promotion.

I saw your response gif to Voeltzwagon's hype post and literally lol'ed. I'm looking foward to it as well. Since I'm new to writing a diary, and well, writing in general, I'm going to make one based on a new promotion but want to wait for the full game to really start.

As for GSW, I'm sure I'll still be playing a non-diary save. As with 2016, I typically bring in Texas Pete and Remmy Skye. They both have drug issues, but that's part of GSW. Texas Pete is too wasted to wrestle half the time so I tend to job him out because he's too unreliable to give a championship. It passes some of his popularity onto GSW guys like Cali, Deaf, and Fro Sure.

The great thing about 20 is that you can bring in unemployed Mexican and Japanese wrestlers by asking them to work in America, giving us an ECW like feel.

In 2016 I got that feeling from hiring Phobia and the Japanese workers on excursion, but they were mostly terrible in the ring...so not quite like ECW.

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dloyeet29" data-cite="dloyeet29" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48163" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Gonna see if Remmy Skye can revive his career is GSW</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Would be a great to start this on GSW's debut on WrestleWorld!</p>

• 1 month later...

Giving GSW a try. Turned off all their events and started a show called GSW Warehouse!, so we're basically like RAW. No real intent to grow or get huge. We've got a Ruthless Aggression product (I'd liken it more to a Lucha Underground but Grimm SoCal style) now with Ensemble/Consistent Focus to make it more challenging. I'm running extremely angle heavy shows. I'd mostly like to see how well wrestlers will develop mic skills & pop wise long term.

I did keep the King of California event. It's going to be my "season finale" and feature an Aztec Warfare style main event with other gimmick matches. I want to make liberal use of gimmick matches & cinematic matches in general. I do have a wish of eventually getting my hands on Remo or Swoop but who knows what the odds of that are when Im running only an A show & 1 event a year. I'd also love Scythe/Hellion/Son of Vengeance too.

Signed Sozen Ishinomori, DeAnna Desire, K.P. Avatar, Garry the Entertainer, D-Pod, & Juliet Balconi, all people who can talk. Sozen is paired up with Top Dolla and they'll be gangsters of the Balconi Mafia. DeAnna will manage my UC Axl Avatar. K.P. Avatar is paired up with Fro Sure and they'll expand into a bigger stable. Garry the Entertainer isn't doing anything yet. D-Pod may be on interview duty to help everyone get good.

Fro Sure is easily the best guy on the roster but I dont feel obligated to push him to the title since its an ensemble/consistent focus and he can get grades anywhere on the show.