Serious problems with game

<p>I'm sure this has been discussed on this forum before but I'm new so here's my take on TEW 2020 so far. A lot of mods are now unplayable due the severe changes. Don't get me wrong, I do like most of the changes, however here are some issues I have.</p><p> </p><p>

1. The products you assign to your company SUCK: The way most of the products are played out, having a hardcore style match is damn near not possible to do without a penalty unless you are running an ECW style promotion. If you were to run an Attitude Era style company, you could never do a Hell in a Cell match in WWF without a penalty.</p><p> </p><p>

2. Cinematic style matches are pointless: I get the challenge of this kind of match since they are very divisive, but I wish they were handled a little bit better to make them somewhat more doable. Just look at the Firefly Funhouse match this month. It was put together so perfectly along with the Boneyard match. I think since these matches are pre taped, you should be able to watch them over and approve or disapprove of them before booking them for your show you wish to put the match on.</p><p> </p><p>

3. Non wrestling TV shows: I heard this would be a thing but, how come I can't make a non wrestling show to put on TV? I wish to be able to create a show like Tough Enough or Breaking Ground, Ride Along, etc.</p><p> </p><p>

4. Playing as child companies are a pain in the butt: Again I understand the challenge, but playing as NXT just isn't working for me. Nobody is as popular as they should be and if I make them popular they'll get called up making the NXT crowd vocally hate the wrestlers I book on TV. I wish for this to be worked on. My idea is to make the parent company calls up a lot more random, no matter the popularity. This will give mod makers a lot more freedom in making their NXT wrestlers more popular and running quality shows.</p><p> </p><p>

So anyways, that's my two cents on TEW 2020 so far. I hope this will give some inspiration in fixing this game.</p>

1. I think this has been reported. Should indeed be fixed.

2. You realise this would cause penalties too? The inside crowd, which are the ones that are essentially rating your show, would simply be watching on the big screen. Not gonna be a great rating. If it was as easy as you make it sound, every player would abuse the hell out of this feature as it basically negates any botches. No consistency and psychology needed anymore.

3. That would presuppose new features, and those haven't been announced. Or do you just want to run a show that does nothing and is just there? Not much fun in that.

4. You're asking him no go against common sense here, not sure if that's a good idea. People asked to play as dev companies and we got it. Your role as a dev company is to prep the workers. If they are getting called up you've been doing a good job, and if you'd refuse to hand over workers when Vince comes calling, you won't be having a job anymore. If it's not working for you, you should play another company. ;) But a good idea might be to make the fans care more about unknowns, because they'll be seeing plenty of those.

But you're posting in the wrong forum. There's a suggestions forum on top of this one.

2. Cinematic style matches are pointless: I get the challenge of this kind of match since they are very divisive, but I wish they were handled a little bit better to make them somewhat more doable. Just look at the Firefly Funhouse match this month. It was put together so perfectly along with the Boneyard match. I think since these matches are pre taped, you should be able to watch them over and approve or disapprove of them before booking them for your show you wish to put the match on.

3. Non wrestling TV shows: I heard this would be a thing but, how come I can't make a non wrestling show to put on TV? I wish to be able to create a show like Tough Enough or Breaking Ground, Ride Along, etc.

4. Playing as child companies are a pain in the butt: Again I understand the challenge, but playing as NXT just isn't working for me. Nobody is as popular as they should be and if I make them popular they'll get called up making the NXT crowd vocally hate the wrestlers I book on TV. I wish for this to be worked on. My idea is to make the parent company calls up a lot more random, no matter the popularity. This will give mod makers a lot more freedom in making their NXT wrestlers more popular and running quality shows.

So anyways, that's my two cents on TEW 2020 so far. I hope this will give some inspiration in fixing this game.

Blackman responded to several of your things but I wanted to hit 2, 3, and 4 as well.

Cinematic matches are brand new and are designed to be difficult and to fit within a certain product. WWE did the two cinematic matches this year at Mania because of the nature of the empty arena. If they had had a live arena of 70,000 fans, they would not have done them. They require certain kinds of audiences and certain situations to be successful and part of the gamble of doing a cinematic match is not knowing how your audience will respond until its on. It can be great when you watch it but then your audience gets bored of it.

I think you misunderstood non-wrestling shows. Non-wrestling shows were being added in for competition for the wrestling TV shows so that there are other events going on that can attract TV viewers and make the television landscape more dynamic -- not so that the wrestling companies could have non wrestling TV shows.

The parent call ups are slightly random -- they're not just based off the popularity of your workers. Booking as developmental is designed for you to be getting workers over and ready for the main roster -- that is the purpose. It's there for your roster to feature heavy turnover. Also, Adam didn't set the popularity for the NXT guys so that's not anything he can control. Whoever made the mod you converted over is who set their popularity so if they aren't popular enough, that will be fixed as the mod maker retools the mod for the 2020 features you'll have an easier time.

On cinematic matches, if you remember the Orton vs Wyatt compound match from Wrestlemania a few years back, it was horribly received in front of the live crowd. Flash forward to this year and Boneyard is mostly praised while The Firefly Funhouse is a bit more decisive. It really takes the right wrestlers, agents, and company to do these regularly and to do them well done.

A lot of these have been covered by others in here so I won't pile on, but I do agree with Blackman and Historian on them.

4. Playing as child companies are a pain in the butt: Again I understand the challenge, but playing as NXT just isn't working for me. Nobody is as popular as they should be and if I make them popular they'll get called up making the NXT crowd vocally hate the wrestlers I book on TV

This isn't a problem with the game, this is a problem with the mod, and it's not really a "problem". I'm assuming you're playing on a converted 2016 Mod. (To my knowledge) there are no "working" mods for 2020 yet. So yes, of course things are going to not work correctly because you're playing a mod designed for a different game. It just needs time so the mod makers can update it so it works properly on 2020.

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but I feel like these notes aren't game issues (except for the product thing, that is a well documented issue a lot of people have that will hopefully be fixed or altered). I feel like they're more of a misunderstanding of how these game features work.