Return the Developmental trainers

I see this has been removed for some reason. In the past i used this feature a lot with most of my legendary workers who were past it, in terms of skills. This would not only extend their careers (as they would often hold titles in my developmental), but would also develop my new crop of talent. It was a vital part of my whole gaming experience.

It wasn't forgotten, I am pretty sure at some point Adam talked about this.

I can't remember that. Care to paste it in here as I'm curious? As one of the education people here on the forum, this is one of my favorite features and it's a bummer that it's been reduced rather than improved. At least that's my perception. Perhaps I am wrong in my assessment, but this is one of the features we are almost unable to test in 2 months.

There is no more focus training for short development sessions, which was the main pro of having a development territory. Maybe it automatically detects where the flaws are, but sometimes you're just not interested in improving these flaws. However, it doesn't seem to be mutually exclusive to being contracted, so you can send them to train and still book them instead of annoyingly switching them around every week, so that's nice.

There's no more feedback. We would have to monitor their skill gain. But do we really have to wait for half a year to decide? Adam states some skills eventually gain much slower, so you'd wait 6 months and see no increase, but maybe they did gain .1 every month and they can still train. To be fair: in reality, there's also no way to know, so there's some realism in it "going away". It 's the same reasoning for removing the "time decline" list. Ideally, feedback would have to be accurate depending on the trainer's skill, so it's never "exact".

Then there's the lack of recognizable trainers. On a gameplay level, it changes little, but in terms of immersion it's a big loss imo. I always carefully selected my trainers. Maybe it didn't matter that much and I was valuing stats that didn't end up mattering (mainly respect & psych), but I liked doing it.

You have to be very careful about removing features for these kinds of games. I see that on lots of manager game forums. You can replace it, like the "push" system, and eventually people will get used to it, but once you remove it it'll only upset people. It happened years ago with the WMMA-games. A surprising number of people got vocal about some things not being in the next game and even stuck with the previous one because of that. These were small things and in no way a dealbreaker for me, but apparently it is for some people. Same thing here: these aren't dealbreakers, but it's a pity they are gone, just like that.

No. You can train a referee, but not a personality as a referee, for instance.

And it has indeed been replaces, but the problem is that it's quite stale now. I want the same as the dojo's: that you can send someone over to be the head trainer, like how the dojo's work right now. Meanwhile he might develop relationships with the talent like a mentorship or something. Now it's just bland.

I hope this gets added. The system is already in play for personal dojo's, so it can't be impossible :p. Of course it would imply that the trainer in question would be retired, or in a non-active role.

I believe trainers were replace with performance center upgrades.

Same thing with dojo trainer.

I haven’t checked but what are the options to send someone to the performance center? I know that you can train someone as a referee but is that all?

The performance center is not a substitute for more control in the development. I am not sure why the development territories were stripped down. Beside the trainers mentioned, we also have much less control of training focus as well.

Frankly speaking, i think the development territory should return the features we had in 2016, i see no advantage of how it is now because training is purely random now.

I would also love if we add the WMMA feature when you send to your child or protecting/burying talent.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Capelli King" data-cite="Capelli King" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48287" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The performance center is not a substitute for more control in the development. I am not sure why the development territories were stripped down. Beside the trainers mentioned, we also have much less control of training focus as well.<p> </p><p> Frankly speaking, i think the development territory should return the features we had in 2016, i see no advantage of how it is now because <strong>training is purely random now. </strong></p><p> </p><p> I would also love if we add the WMMA feature when you send to your child or protecting/burying talent.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Are you sure? Or is it that they just train everything, and we get the full benefits?</p><p> </p><p> I only ask because I can't tell in the two month period, and I might be missing something. Maybe it says this in the handbook and I overlooked it?</p>

Are you sure? Or is it that they just train everything, and we get the full benefits?

I only ask because I can't tell in the two month period, and I might be missing something. Maybe it says this in the handbook and I overlooked it?

This is something new as far as skill development goes

dRDyYtO.jpg

as far as the trainers I do miss it, even if just as a cosmetic feature I'd like to see it again. . the developmental focus is a take it or leave. . I'd be more inclined for them to improve overall rather than focusing on a certain stat line. .

This is something new as far as skill development goes

dRDyYtO.jpg

as far as the trainers I do miss it, even if just as a cosmetic feature I'd like to see it again. . the developmental focus is a take it or leave. . I'd be more inclined for them to improve overall rather than focusing on a certain stat line. .

Oh yea I forgot about that development change. That is probably why there isn’t any focus now.

Well if that is the case, it means you have zero control over development. It means that workers will develop totally randomly. However i am certain that the above comment does not mean that working more matches or with better workers in the ring won't improve how much you can develop. Simply it means that you cannot develop more than a certain amount over a period of time/over a certain amount of matches, in short there is a cap.

I personally do not mind there being a cap, but i would still like the ability to "redirect" your focus. For example:

Let's say there is cap's everywhere for their development. Maybe the player can use their influence to "budge those caps". In short, if let's say you put a focus on entertainment, it means that those skills will proportionately improve faster on average than the other skills (so the cap for entertainment increases at the expense of the rest".

CK, thank you for bringing this up, seriously bummed out that I can’t assign trainers or give booking instructions to the Development Territory. The latter I was hopeful for, but the removal of trainers when combined together with the new training mechanic leaves the whole development experience feeling disjointed. What could and should be a exciting aspect of running a promotion (developing talent) is lost in this current rendition of the game. It’s not fun, just random.

Well if that is the case, it means you have zero control over development. It means that workers will develop totally randomly. However i am certain that the above comment does not mean that working more matches or with better workers in the ring won't improve how much you can develop. Simply it means that you cannot develop more than a certain amount over a period of time/over a certain amount of matches, in short there is a cap.

I personally do not mind there being a cap, but i would still like the ability to "redirect" your focus. For example:

Let's say there is cap's everywhere for their development. Maybe the player can use their influence to "budge those caps". In short, if let's say you put a focus on entertainment, it means that those skills will proportionately improve faster on average than the other skills (so the cap for entertainment increases at the expense of the rest".

Workers already have skill caps, this isn't lowering that cap but just making it take longer to reach it.

I get what your saying though, phrasing it using the terms of the handbook, maybe have a way or option with skill focus that increases their "battery capacity" for that specific skill or skill category