National Wrestling Alliance: A Return to Glory

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com With just days to go until Showdown 4, the NWA rolls into Biloxi, Mississippi as the Coast Center plays host to FUSION! As he prepares for his shot at the North American championship, "The Derailer" Matt Bloom squares off with Chris Hero's bodyguard, the One Man Gang! Also just days before entering the fifteen foot high steel cage, "The Pit Bull" Andrei Arlovski of Team Punishment has his first NWA singles match as he goes one on one with the Messiah of the Danger Zone. Tempers are sure to fly as these two face off in the squared circle. Don't forget that Mr. Wrestling III has accepted the challenge of Steve Corino and Masato Tanaka and will reveal his mystery partner for Showdown 4 this week on FUSION! All this and much more this Wednesday night at 9PM EST on Fuse!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Wednesday September 27th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Mississippi Coast Coliseum, Biloxi, MS [/CENTER] [B]"We are live on the Gulf coast as the NWA invades the Mississippi Coast Center for the final FUSION before NWA Showdown 4! I am your host Scott Hudson joined once again by my friend Jim Cornette." "Don't let that get around that we're friends Hudson. I have an image to maintain! So that being said, we are just days away from NWA Showdown 4 and there is still plenty of action here tonight on FUSION! The Pit Bull Andrei Arlovski and the Messiah, William Welch clash one on one tonight. The question is with the lines drawn in the sand between the Danger Zone and Team Punishment, can referee Brian Hebner control this action? "And as he prepares for his shot at Chris Hero's North American Championship, can Matt Bloom be controlled by the One Man Gang? You know the Gang is going to try to put a hurting on the Derailer in order to soften him up for the champ!" "Don't forget the big announcement tonight as Mr. Wrestling III's tag team partner for the match against Steve Corino and Masato Tanaka will be announced." "All of this and much more! FUSION starts now!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, Mr. Wrestling II, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Matt Bloom, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

[B]Wednesday September 27th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Mississippi Coast Coliseum, Biloxi, MS [/CENTER] [B]"We are live on the Gulf coast as the NWA invades the Mississippi Coast Center for the final FUSION before NWA Showdown 4! I am your host Scott Hudson joined once again by my friend Jim Cornette." "Don't let that get around that we're friends Hudson. I have an image to maintain! So that being said, we are just days away from NWA Showdown 4 and there is still plenty of action here tonight on FUSION! The Pit Bull Andrei Arlovski and the Messiah, William Welch clash one on one tonight. The question is with the lines drawn in the sand between the Danger Zone and Team Punishment, can referee Brian Hebner control this action? "And as he prepares for his shot at Chris Hero's North American Championship, can Matt Bloom be controlled by the One Man Gang? You know the Gang is going to try to put a hurting on the Derailer in order to soften him up for the champ!" "Don't forget the big announcement tonight as Mr. Wrestling III's tag team partner for the match against Steve Corino and Masato Tanaka will be announced." "All of this and much more! FUSION starts now!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, Mr. Wrestling II, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Matt Bloom, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

In dark matches Eduardo Colon defeated Jody Fleisch and Dropkick Murphy defeated Rainman. [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the opening bout of the evening, Nigel McGuinness defeats Sterling James Keenan in 8:56 following a school boy rollup. (C-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] A video is playing showing highlights of Naomichi Marufuji in action. (C)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]An ill at ease Becky Bayless is backstage with Matt Weise. [B]"Mr. Weise you requested this time?" "Yes I did. Thank you my dear. I'm here to throw out a little challenge as they say, a challenge to that buffoon Colt Cabana. Last week you interfered in my business. No one does that and for good reason. People who have done that in the past are still eating through a tube. So I think you need to learn the error of your ways and at Showdown 4 you shall. Perhaps by annihilating his little buddy, D'Lo Brown will finally see fit to give me the title shot I so richly deserve. Of course, that is assuming that he can get past Mr. Marufuji. I'd hate to have to go all the way to Japan to get that title back for the NWA. You KNOW what the think of the King of Monsters in Japan."[/B] Weise laughs heartily while Becky manages a nervous chuckle. [B]"Um....anything else Mr. Weise?" "No....no that shall be all....actually one more thing now that I think about it. I want to wish Matt Bloom good luck in his North American title match this Saturday. I will be watching with.......shall I say, great interest."[/B] (B+) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]As FUSION returns from commercial, the screen goes white and graphics written in a neon purple font appear. [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]"AT SHOWDOWN 4, CATCH THE NEW WAVE."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] (C)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Matt Bloom defeats the One Man Gang by pinfall in 3:21 by pinfall following the Train Wreck. Chris Hero thought about sticking his nose where it didn't belong but changed his mind when Bloom, who physically manhandled his foe, slammed the Gang over the top rope down to the feet of the North American champion. Hero backed away, looking extremely ill at ease, as "The Derailer" finished off his bodyguard. (C+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] A video is played highlighting the sequence of events between Mr. Wrestling III and Steve Corino that have led to the tag team match at Showdown 4. (A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Summon the Heroes plays and a single spotlight shines. Mr. Wrestling III emerges from the back wearing a t-shirt that reads, [B] "Its on!"[/B] He heads to the ring and acknowledges the fans before he quiets them down and points towards the curtain as the arena goes dark once again. Beams of red white and blue lights illuminate the entrance way and the Jimi Hendrix version of the National anthem plays. [CENTER] [/CENTER] Out from the back emerges the Patriot who stops and salutes the crowd. He looks more toned, tanner, and somehow taller than the last time we saw him. He heads to the ring and shakes hands with Mr. Wrestling III. Scott Hudson states the obvious, [B]"It appears that an alliance has been formed here tonight!"[/B] (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Lauren Jones fires the new Danger Zone t-shirts (that no one will buy because everyone hates them) into the crowd. Several of them are thrown back. (A*) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Andrei Arlovski and the Messiah battled to a Double DQ at the 7:31 mark when New Jack, the Necro Butcher, Tito Ortiz and Daniel Puder all run in. FUSION ends with all six men fighting in the ring. (B-) [/QUOTE] Rating: B-

In dark matches Eduardo Colon defeated Jody Fleisch and Dropkick Murphy defeated Rainman. [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the opening bout of the evening, Nigel McGuinness defeats Sterling James Keenan in 8:56 following a school boy rollup. (C-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] A video is playing showing highlights of Naomichi Marufuji in action. (C)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]An ill at ease Becky Bayless is backstage with Matt Weise. [B]"Mr. Weise you requested this time?" "Yes I did. Thank you my dear. I'm here to throw out a little challenge as they say, a challenge to that buffoon Colt Cabana. Last week you interfered in my business. No one does that and for good reason. People who have done that in the past are still eating through a tube. So I think you need to learn the error of your ways and at Showdown 4 you shall. Perhaps by annihilating his little buddy, D'Lo Brown will finally see fit to give me the title shot I so richly deserve. Of course, that is assuming that he can get past Mr. Marufuji. I'd hate to have to go all the way to Japan to get that title back for the NWA. You KNOW what the think of the King of Monsters in Japan."[/B] Weise laughs heartily while Becky manages a nervous chuckle. [B]"Um....anything else Mr. Weise?" "No....no that shall be all....actually one more thing now that I think about it. I want to wish Matt Bloom good luck in his North American title match this Saturday. I will be watching with.......shall I say, great interest."[/B] (B+) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]As FUSION returns from commercial, the screen goes white and graphics written in a neon purple font appear. [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]"AT SHOWDOWN 4, CATCH THE NEW WAVE."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] (C)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Matt Bloom defeats the One Man Gang by pinfall in 3:21 by pinfall following the Train Wreck. Chris Hero thought about sticking his nose where it didn't belong but changed his mind when Bloom, who physically manhandled his foe, slammed the Gang over the top rope down to the feet of the North American champion. Hero backed away, looking extremely ill at ease, as "The Derailer" finished off his bodyguard. (C+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] A video is played highlighting the sequence of events between Mr. Wrestling III and Steve Corino that have led to the tag team match at Showdown 4. (A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Summon the Heroes plays and a single spotlight shines. Mr. Wrestling III emerges from the back wearing a t-shirt that reads, [B] "Its on!"[/B] He heads to the ring and acknowledges the fans before he quiets them down and points towards the curtain as the arena goes dark once again. Beams of red white and blue lights illuminate the entrance way and the Jimi Hendrix version of the National anthem plays. [CENTER] [/CENTER] Out from the back emerges the Patriot who stops and salutes the crowd. He looks more toned, tanner, and somehow taller than the last time we saw him. He heads to the ring and shakes hands with Mr. Wrestling III. Scott Hudson states the obvious, [B]"It appears that an alliance has been formed here tonight!"[/B] (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Lauren Jones fires the new Danger Zone t-shirts (that no one will buy because everyone hates them) into the crowd. Several of them are thrown back. (A*) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Andrei Arlovski and the Messiah battled to a Double DQ at the 7:31 mark when New Jack, the Necro Butcher, Tito Ortiz and Daniel Puder all run in. FUSION ends with all six men fighting in the ring. (B-) [/QUOTE] Rating: B-

[QUOTE=Wildfire1324;157223] Lauren Jones fires the new Danger Zone t-shirts (that no one will buy because everyone hates them :( ) into the crowd. Several of them are thrown back. (A*) [/QUOTE] Hehe, I lolled at this, but to be honest I don't hate the Danger Zone, I'm rather indifferent to them.

[QUOTE=Wildfire1324;157223] Lauren Jones fires the new Danger Zone t-shirts (that no one will buy because everyone hates them :( ) into the crowd. Several of them are thrown back. (A*) [/QUOTE] Hehe, I lolled at this, but to be honest I don't hate the Danger Zone, I'm rather indifferent to them.

THE PATRIOT IS BACK!!!!!!!1 I love masked wrestlers, and now I get to play the guessing game here again... Nice to see Nigel, get a TV victory I like the end of the show...Even though, I too am not a huge fan of the Danger Zone, I can envision all 6 men fighting in the ring with Scott Hudson going Nuts as the credits are rolling and him yelling at the top of his lungs, "we're out of time, see you next week on Fusion as the crowd is hot for the 6way brawl...

THE PATRIOT IS BACK!!!!!!!1 I love masked wrestlers, and now I get to play the guessing game here again... Nice to see Nigel, get a TV victory I like the end of the show...Even though, I too am not a huge fan of the Danger Zone, I can envision all 6 men fighting in the ring with Scott Hudson going Nuts as the credits are rolling and him yelling at the top of his lungs, "we're out of time, see you next week on Fusion as the crowd is hot for the 6way brawl...

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER][B]NWA SHOWDOWN 4, SATURDAY NIGHT OCTOBER 7th AT 9PM EST![/B] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"][B][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: D'LO BROWN VERSUS NAOMICHI MARUFUJI[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] A showdown of global proportions! The new World champion faces an amazing talent in Marufuji, one of the brightest stars in all of Japan, if not all of the world. Although D'Lo Brown expects to have his hands full with Marufuji, he's confident that his foe hasn't ever faced a man with his combination of size, speed and skill. It will be an epic showdown as east meets west at Showdown 4! [CENTER][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: COME AS YOU ARE, NO HOLDS BARRED CAJUN STREET FIGHT THE BRISCOE BROTHERS VERSUS TRENT ACID AND JULIO DINERO [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] The gold is on the line in this showdown between arch-rivals. After weeks of being ambushing and attacked, Jay and Mark have unveiled a ferocious new side of themselves. Who will walk out of New Orleans with the gold? [CENTER][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"] STEVE CORINO AND MASATO TANAKA VERSUS MR. WRESTLING III AND THE PATRIOT[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] This collision has been inevitable for weeks now as The King of Old School along with the Japanese Enforcer look to settle the score with the masked marvel and his new ally. Anything can happen in what is sure to be a violent clash. In addition: [CENTER][FONT="Impact"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]CHRIS HERO VERSUS MATT BLOOM FOR THE NWA NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT] [FONT="Impact"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]STEEL CAGE SIX MAN TAG: TITO ORTIZ, DANIEL PUDER AND ANDREI ARLOVSKI VERSUS THE NECRO BUTCHER, THE MESSIAH AND NEW JACK[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"][B]MATT WEISE VERSUS COLT CABANA [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] All this and much more on NWA Showdown 4!

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER][B]NWA SHOWDOWN 4, SATURDAY NIGHT OCTOBER 7th AT 9PM EST![/B] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"][B][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: D'LO BROWN VERSUS NAOMICHI MARUFUJI[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] A showdown of global proportions! The new World champion faces an amazing talent in Marufuji, one of the brightest stars in all of Japan, if not all of the world. Although D'Lo Brown expects to have his hands full with Marufuji, he's confident that his foe hasn't ever faced a man with his combination of size, speed and skill. It will be an epic showdown as east meets west at Showdown 4! [CENTER][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: COME AS YOU ARE, NO HOLDS BARRED CAJUN STREET FIGHT THE BRISCOE BROTHERS VERSUS TRENT ACID AND JULIO DINERO [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] The gold is on the line in this showdown between arch-rivals. After weeks of being ambushing and attacked, Jay and Mark have unveiled a ferocious new side of themselves. Who will walk out of New Orleans with the gold? [CENTER][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"] STEVE CORINO AND MASATO TANAKA VERSUS MR. WRESTLING III AND THE PATRIOT[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] This collision has been inevitable for weeks now as The King of Old School along with the Japanese Enforcer look to settle the score with the masked marvel and his new ally. Anything can happen in what is sure to be a violent clash. In addition: [CENTER][FONT="Impact"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]CHRIS HERO VERSUS MATT BLOOM FOR THE NWA NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT] [FONT="Impact"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]STEEL CAGE SIX MAN TAG: TITO ORTIZ, DANIEL PUDER AND ANDREI ARLOVSKI VERSUS THE NECRO BUTCHER, THE MESSIAH AND NEW JACK[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"][B]MATT WEISE VERSUS COLT CABANA [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] All this and much more on NWA Showdown 4!

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday October 7th, 2006. Wade Keller: Okay Bruce, tommorrow night is NWA Showdown 4. How do you feel the go home edition of FUSION played out this past week? Bruce Mitchell: Well let's start with the Patriot. That is clearly not Tom Brandi and it not Del Wilkes. I'm not sure who it is under that mask but I know its not either of them. Once again the NWA has zero leaks on who this might be. Whoever it was, he looked very familiar but I can't place him. WK: I couldn't get any info on who it was either but I agree he seemed familiar. I suppose this could wind up being another frustrating mystery for the fans of the NWA. I guess we'll find out Saturday night if he can work at all. BM: I also interested to see what kind of role that Matt Weise plays on the show as well. He's laid low for a few weeks now but he has a match with Colt Cabana and he's also hinted that he may be involved in the Chris Hero and Matt Bloom title match. WK: Weise has been too good to keep down for too long. It seems like they're going to continue the program with Matt Bloom although I'm not sure what direction they're heading with it. Anyway that is enough on the NWA for now. We'll cover some more of the show on part two tomorrow as well as review the new WWE DVD, GARBAGE WRESTLING: The Best of Duke "The Dumpster" Droese.....[/B]

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday October 7th, 2006. Wade Keller: Okay Bruce, tommorrow night is NWA Showdown 4. How do you feel the go home edition of FUSION played out this past week? Bruce Mitchell: Well let's start with the Patriot. That is clearly not Tom Brandi and it not Del Wilkes. I'm not sure who it is under that mask but I know its not either of them. Once again the NWA has zero leaks on who this might be. Whoever it was, he looked very familiar but I can't place him. WK: I couldn't get any info on who it was either but I agree he seemed familiar. I suppose this could wind up being another frustrating mystery for the fans of the NWA. I guess we'll find out Saturday night if he can work at all. BM: I also interested to see what kind of role that Matt Weise plays on the show as well. He's laid low for a few weeks now but he has a match with Colt Cabana and he's also hinted that he may be involved in the Chris Hero and Matt Bloom title match. WK: Weise has been too good to keep down for too long. It seems like they're going to continue the program with Matt Bloom although I'm not sure what direction they're heading with it. Anyway that is enough on the NWA for now. We'll cover some more of the show on part two tomorrow as well as review the new WWE DVD, GARBAGE WRESTLING: The Best of Duke "The Dumpster" Droese.....[/B]

[B]October 7th, 2006[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Fogelman Arena, New Orleans, LA [/CENTER] [B]"You are looking live at the sold-out Fogelman Arena on the campus of Tulane University in the beautiful, historic city of New Orleans and this is NWA Showdown 4! I am your host Scott Hudson joined here at ringside by the legendary Jim Cornette. Jim, what a show we have tonight!" "Absolutely Scott and it all starts with our amazing east meets west main event as the NWA World Heavyweight Champion D'Lo Brown takes on the supremely talent challenger from the land of the rising sun, Naomichi Marufuji. You're going to want to buckle in for that one folks because its going to be a doozy!' "And from there we have a No Hold Barred, Come as you are Cajun Street Fight for the NWA World Tag Team Championship, as the Best in the World, Jay and Mark Briscoe square off with their arch-rivals Trent Acid and Julio Dinero. This all started at a Night for Redemption when the Horsemen ambushed the Briscoes brother after their successful defense against the SATs. Since then, the two teams have taken turns beating the holy hell out of each other which has lead to this violent confrontation. A vicious side of the champs has been unleashed lately and that may be trouble for the challengers!" "That is right Scott. The Briscoes have appeared to be much more aggressive lately than we've ever seen them. And speaking of aggressive, that leads us to the steel cage clash between the Danger Zone and Team Punishment." "I think aggression is an understatement. This match is going to be violence and mayhem and in all likelihood, serious injury. I would not want to be the referee for this one! Its not going to be pretty to say the least!" "That's only one group of rivals that will clash tonight. We will also have Steve Corino and Masato Tanaka taking on the enigmatic Mr. Wrestling III and his new partner, the Patriot. Corino blames Mr. Wrestling III for costing him the NWA World Heavyweight championship and is now determined to "end the myth of the masked marvel" and he doesn't care how he does it. Folks, you are not going to want to miss this one!" "And then we have the NWA North American Champion, the devious Chris Hero defending his gold against "the Derailer" Matt Bloom. Can the champ retain against someone as powerful as Bloom?" "You have to realize that Hero is a crafty one. He's been in impossible situations before and managed to escape with his title. Don't bet against the champ just yet." "And speaking of men you don't want to bet against, "the King of the Monsters" Matt Weise will face off with "Classic" Colt Cabana. Tonight is loaded with NWA action so lets get this show started and head down the ring for our first bout! Showdown 4 starts now!"[/B] [CENTER]The theme song for Showdown 4 is [B]Remember the Name[/B] by [B]Fort Minor[/B]. [/CENTER]

[B]October 7th, 2006[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Fogelman Arena, New Orleans, LA [/CENTER] [B]"You are looking live at the sold-out Fogelman Arena on the campus of Tulane University in the beautiful, historic city of New Orleans and this is NWA Showdown 4! I am your host Scott Hudson joined here at ringside by the legendary Jim Cornette. Jim, what a show we have tonight!" "Absolutely Scott and it all starts with our amazing east meets west main event as the NWA World Heavyweight Champion D'Lo Brown takes on the supremely talent challenger from the land of the rising sun, Naomichi Marufuji. You're going to want to buckle in for that one folks because its going to be a doozy!' "And from there we have a No Hold Barred, Come as you are Cajun Street Fight for the NWA World Tag Team Championship, as the Best in the World, Jay and Mark Briscoe square off with their arch-rivals Trent Acid and Julio Dinero. This all started at a Night for Redemption when the Horsemen ambushed the Briscoes brother after their successful defense against the SATs. Since then, the two teams have taken turns beating the holy hell out of each other which has lead to this violent confrontation. A vicious side of the champs has been unleashed lately and that may be trouble for the challengers!" "That is right Scott. The Briscoes have appeared to be much more aggressive lately than we've ever seen them. And speaking of aggressive, that leads us to the steel cage clash between the Danger Zone and Team Punishment." "I think aggression is an understatement. This match is going to be violence and mayhem and in all likelihood, serious injury. I would not want to be the referee for this one! Its not going to be pretty to say the least!" "That's only one group of rivals that will clash tonight. We will also have Steve Corino and Masato Tanaka taking on the enigmatic Mr. Wrestling III and his new partner, the Patriot. Corino blames Mr. Wrestling III for costing him the NWA World Heavyweight championship and is now determined to "end the myth of the masked marvel" and he doesn't care how he does it. Folks, you are not going to want to miss this one!" "And then we have the NWA North American Champion, the devious Chris Hero defending his gold against "the Derailer" Matt Bloom. Can the champ retain against someone as powerful as Bloom?" "You have to realize that Hero is a crafty one. He's been in impossible situations before and managed to escape with his title. Don't bet against the champ just yet." "And speaking of men you don't want to bet against, "the King of the Monsters" Matt Weise will face off with "Classic" Colt Cabana. Tonight is loaded with NWA action so lets get this show started and head down the ring for our first bout! Showdown 4 starts now!"[/B] [CENTER]The theme song for Showdown 4 is [B]Remember the Name[/B] by [B]Fort Minor[/B]. [/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
In a dark match, Sterling James Keenan won a 15 man battle royale, last eliminating Jose Maximo and Jody Fleisch. [QUOTE] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting In the opening bout of the evening, Matt Weise defeats Colt Cabana by pinfall in 6:02 following the Stump Grinder. After the match, Weise hit Colt with a second Stump Grinder and then grabs the microphone. [B]"D'Lo Brown.....out of my sense of mercy, I will let your goofy sidekick live but know this. I am coming for your title and for all spoils that come with it. As for you Marufuji san, for your sake, I hope you don't win that title. I'd hate to have to rampage through downtown Tokyo to get it back![/B] (Weise cracks himself up.) [B]So whichever one of you gentlemen wins, you can consider this a formal challenge for your title. Good luck to both of you." [/B]Weise turns to leave then pauses in reflection for a moment before continuing.[B] "Oh and Mr. Bloom, if you're listening back there, I wish you the best of luck tonight." [/B]%2

In a dark match, Sterling James Keenan won a 15 man battle royale, last eliminating Jose Maximo and Jody Fleisch. [QUOTE] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting In the opening bout of the evening, Matt Weise defeats Colt Cabana by pinfall in 6:02 following the Stump Grinder. After the match, Weise hit Colt with a second Stump Grinder and then grabs the microphone. [B]"D'Lo Brown.....out of my sense of mercy, I will let your goofy sidekick live but know this. I am coming for your title and for all spoils that come with it. As for you Marufuji san, for your sake, I hope you don't win that title. I'd hate to have to rampage through downtown Tokyo to get it back![/B] (Weise cracks himself up.) [B]So whichever one of you gentlemen wins, you can consider this a formal challenge for your title. Good luck to both of you." [/B]Weise turns to leave then pauses in reflection for a moment before continuing.[B] "Oh and Mr. Bloom, if you're listening back there, I wish you the best of luck tonight." [/B]%2

Nice, very nice....Been wondering where you've been, after all its been like 10 days (kidding) Like Weise getting win, and interupting N.A. title match I also LIKE The NEW WAVE...Interesting to see where you go with Prazak and Rave and how you develope them, especially as (if they are) faces... I'm all for Briscoes retaining And do I smell an eventual turn by the Patriot on Mr. Wrestling III...Nice A rated match, so Patriot must have some good skills Team Punishment dismantling Danger Zone (Well at least New Jack) Seems safe to say we've seen the last of him Looking forward to the Main Event

Nice, very nice....Been wondering where you've been, after all its been like 10 days (kidding) Like Weise getting win, and interupting N.A. title match I also LIKE The NEW WAVE...Interesting to see where you go with Prazak and Rave and how you develope them, especially as (if they are) faces... I'm all for Briscoes retaining And do I smell an eventual turn by the Patriot on Mr. Wrestling III...Nice A rated match, so Patriot must have some good skills Team Punishment dismantling Danger Zone (Well at least New Jack) Seems safe to say we've seen the last of him Looking forward to the Main Event

Lauren Jones is in the ring with a microphone in her hand. D'Lo Brown and Naomichi Marufuji have both made their entrances and are awaiting the official announcements. [B]"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for our MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! This match is scheduled for one fall with a forty five minute time limit and is for the National Wrestling Alliance Heavyweight Championship of the World!" [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "Introducing first, the reigning and defending NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World, standing in the corner to my left, weighing in tonight at two hundred and sixty seven pounds, standing six feet one inch tall, fighting out of Chicago, Illinois, the Real Deal, D'Lo Brown! [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "And the challenger, standing in the corner to my right, weighing in tonight at one hundred and ninety seven pounds, standing five feet nine inches tall, fighting out of Saitama, Japan, Naomichi Marufuji! [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] "When the bell rings, the man in charge will be NWA Senior Official, Mister Rudy Charles."[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Rudy Charles calls both men into the center of the ring and Lauren Jones holds the microphone for him during final instructions. Stan Hansen is there as well and translates for Marufuji. As is tradition in Japan, the fans fill the ring with streamers as a sign of respect for both competitors. [B]"Okay men, I want a good, clean fight. On my sign, you will go back to you corner and when the bell rings come out fighting. Are there any questions?"[/B] Both men shake their heads no. In lieu of a handshake both men bow in respect to one another and then in unison bow before referee Rudy Charles. D'Lo looks calm and collected, the quiet confidence of a champion. Marufuji looks like a ball of energy, eager to show the crowd what he can do. [B]"Its time then. Good luck to you both."[/B] [B] DING DING DING[/B]

Lauren Jones is in the ring with a microphone in her hand. D'Lo Brown and Naomichi Marufuji have both made their entrances and are awaiting the official announcements. [B]"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for our MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! This match is scheduled for one fall with a forty five minute time limit and is for the National Wrestling Alliance Heavyweight Championship of the World!" [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "Introducing first, the reigning and defending NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World, standing in the corner to my left, weighing in tonight at two hundred and sixty seven pounds, standing six feet one inch tall, fighting out of Chicago, Illinois, the Real Deal, D'Lo Brown! [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "And the challenger, standing in the corner to my right, weighing in tonight at one hundred and ninety seven pounds, standing five feet nine inches tall, fighting out of Saitama, Japan, Naomichi Marufuji! [CENTER]Photobucket[/CENTER] "When the bell rings, the man in charge will be NWA Senior Official, Mister Rudy Charles."[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Rudy Charles calls both men into the center of the ring and Lauren Jones holds the microphone for him during final instructions. Stan Hansen is there as well and translates for Marufuji. As is tradition in Japan, the fans fill the ring with streamers as a sign of respect for both competitors. [B]"Okay men, I want a good, clean fight. On my sign, you will go back to you corner and when the bell rings come out fighting. Are there any questions?"[/B] Both men shake their heads no. In lieu of a handshake both men bow in respect to one another and then in unison bow before referee Rudy Charles. D'Lo looks calm and collected, the quiet confidence of a champion. Marufuji looks like a ball of energy, eager to show the crowd what he can do. [B]"Its time then. Good luck to you both."[/B] [B] DING DING DING[/B]

Scott Hudson notes that this is one of Marufuji's first American matches ever and yet the crowd still shows him tremendous respect. Jim Cornette notes the intelligence of the NWA fans. D'Lo kicks him in the thigh to start. He does it again and then chops him to really let him know what he's in for. Marufuji powers D'Lo into the corner and hits a strong chop. They knuckle up and D'Lo hits a gut wrench suplex and follows with a shoulder block that causes Marufuji to bail. D'Lo hits a baseball slide then stuns the crowd with a plancha dive. He tosses Marufuji back into the ring and gets a two count. He hits bodyslam and an elbow drop for another two. He puts on a chinlock and turns it into a dragon sleeper. As Marufuji makes it to the ropes. D'Lo chops him in the corner but it only fires Marufuji up. He fires back with violent chops and punches but D'Lo kicks his chest and hits an enziguiri. He nails him on the ground with a few stomps and a kneedrop with causes Marufuji to roll out of the ring again. D'Lo follows him out and hits another kick to the thigh. He goes for another but Marufuji catches his leg and sweeps out his other leg, smacking D'Lo's head on the concrete. He pulls him up and chops the hell out of him on the crowd divider and finishes up with a flash kick that sends D'Lo into the crowd. He pulls him back and hits a DDT on the floor. Back in the ring Marufuji puts on a front facelock but D'Lo gets to the ropes. He hits a pair of knees to the gut and a falling chop for a two count. He goes back to the front facelock but D'Lo makes it to the ropes again. D'Lo blocks a suplex and hits one of his own. They trade back and forth chops until Marufuji comes out the victor of the exchange. He locks on a cobra twist. Jim Cornette comments on the horrible welts forming on D'Lo's chest and shoulder. Marufuji releases the hold and hits another falling chop for a two count. He puts on a chinlock and chops at D'Lo's head. D'Lo powers out of a capture suplex and hits a belly to belly suplex of his own. He drops his patented bobblehead legdrop. D'Lo sets Marufuji on the top rope and hits the superplex for another two count. Scott Hudson comments on the stunned look on his face. Slightly frustrated, he knees Marufuji in the head and hits a big kick to the face. He picks him up and hits the Sky High powerbomb for a two and three quarter count. He locks on the STF but Marufuji fights it of with his hands and crawls towards the ropes so D'Lo switches to a crossface. Marufujii reaches with his other arm so D'Lo puts on an armbar which has the crowd in a frenzy! Marufuji finally gets to the ropes with his foot. D'Lo whips him into the corner but Marufuji avoids a charge and hits the perfect inside cradle for a very close two count. He chops D'Lo into the corner and then relentlessly hits chop after chop after chop until D'Lo is actually bleeding from the chest and then follows up with a capture suplex. He gets another close two count when D'Lo gets his hand on the bottom rope. D'Lo comes back with a few stiff forearms but Marufuji puts on a sleeper hold. He hits a half nelson suplex landing D'Lo on the tippy top of his head for yet another close two. D'Lo comes back with a series of left and right jabs and floors him with a big short arm clothesline. He begins to scale the ropes and attempts the Lo Down frog splash but Marufuji rolls out of the way. He gets back to his feet and attempts the Shiranui but D'Lo blocks that. He bodyslams Marufuji and attempts a second Lo Down and hits it this time! One. Two. Thr.....no, Marufuji gets his foot on the rope at the absolute last second and the manages another perfect inside cradle for another very close two count. He slides under the ropes and then bounces back up to nail the World champion with a beautiful springboard dropkick. D'Lo is shaken and Marufuji attempts another Shiranui and this time nails it. One. Two. DING! DING! DING! The bell rings and Lauren Jones takes the microphone. [B]"The time limit has expired and the referee has declared this bout a draw!"[/B] Although the crowd is disappointed by the outcome, they do give the two exhausted warriors a standing ovation. D'Lo and Naomichi shakes hands and embrace in a great sign of sportsmanship and mutual respect. As Showdown 4 goes off the air, the crowd chants, "That was awesome!" and more streamers hit the ring. (A) SHOW RATING: B+

Scott Hudson notes that this is one of Marufuji's first American matches ever and yet the crowd still shows him tremendous respect. Jim Cornette notes the intelligence of the NWA fans. D'Lo kicks him in the thigh to start. He does it again and then chops him to really let him know what he's in for. Marufuji powers D'Lo into the corner and hits a strong chop. They knuckle up and D'Lo hits a gut wrench suplex and follows with a shoulder block that causes Marufuji to bail. D'Lo hits a baseball slide then stuns the crowd with a plancha dive. He tosses Marufuji back into the ring and gets a two count. He hits bodyslam and an elbow drop for another two. He puts on a chinlock and turns it into a dragon sleeper. As Marufuji makes it to the ropes. D'Lo chops him in the corner but it only fires Marufuji up. He fires back with violent chops and punches but D'Lo kicks his chest and hits an enziguiri. He nails him on the ground with a few stomps and a kneedrop with causes Marufuji to roll out of the ring again. D'Lo follows him out and hits another kick to the thigh. He goes for another but Marufuji catches his leg and sweeps out his other leg, smacking D'Lo's head on the concrete. He pulls him up and chops the hell out of him on the crowd divider and finishes up with a flash kick that sends D'Lo into the crowd. He pulls him back and hits a DDT on the floor. Back in the ring Marufuji puts on a front facelock but D'Lo gets to the ropes. He hits a pair of knees to the gut and a falling chop for a two count. He goes back to the front facelock but D'Lo makes it to the ropes again. D'Lo blocks a suplex and hits one of his own. They trade back and forth chops until Marufuji comes out the victor of the exchange. He locks on a cobra twist. Jim Cornette comments on the horrible welts forming on D'Lo's chest and shoulder. Marufuji releases the hold and hits another falling chop for a two count. He puts on a chinlock and chops at D'Lo's head. D'Lo powers out of a capture suplex and hits a belly to belly suplex of his own. He drops his patented bobblehead legdrop. D'Lo sets Marufuji on the top rope and hits the superplex for another two count. Scott Hudson comments on the stunned look on his face. Slightly frustrated, he knees Marufuji in the head and hits a big kick to the face. He picks him up and hits the Sky High powerbomb for a two and three quarter count. He locks on the STF but Marufuji fights it of with his hands and crawls towards the ropes so D'Lo switches to a crossface. Marufujii reaches with his other arm so D'Lo puts on an armbar which has the crowd in a frenzy! Marufuji finally gets to the ropes with his foot. D'Lo whips him into the corner but Marufuji avoids a charge and hits the perfect inside cradle for a very close two count. He chops D'Lo into the corner and then relentlessly hits chop after chop after chop until D'Lo is actually bleeding from the chest and then follows up with a capture suplex. He gets another close two count when D'Lo gets his hand on the bottom rope. D'Lo comes back with a few stiff forearms but Marufuji puts on a sleeper hold. He hits a half nelson suplex landing D'Lo on the tippy top of his head for yet another close two. D'Lo comes back with a series of left and right jabs and floors him with a big short arm clothesline. He begins to scale the ropes and attempts the Lo Down frog splash but Marufuji rolls out of the way. He gets back to his feet and attempts the Shiranui but D'Lo blocks that. He bodyslams Marufuji and attempts a second Lo Down and hits it this time! One. Two. Thr.....no, Marufuji gets his foot on the rope at the absolute last second and the manages another perfect inside cradle for another very close two count. He slides under the ropes and then bounces back up to nail the World champion with a beautiful springboard dropkick. D'Lo is shaken and Marufuji attempts another Shiranui and this time nails it. One. Two. DING! DING! DING! The bell rings and Lauren Jones takes the microphone. [B]"The time limit has expired and the referee has declared this bout a draw!"[/B] Although the crowd is disappointed by the outcome, they do give the two exhausted warriors a standing ovation. D'Lo and Naomichi shakes hands and embrace in a great sign of sportsmanship and mutual respect. As Showdown 4 goes off the air, the crowd chants, "That was awesome!" and more streamers hit the ring. (A) SHOW RATING: B+

Archived