National Wrestling Alliance: A Return to Glory

[QUOTE]- Hmmm, I find it odd that Mr. Wrestling III would not help Patriot get out of the pin. I wonder if Mr. Wrestling III brought Patriot here to settle some old score.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Ok, the main event did not make much sense to me. It seems that Mr. Wrestling III and The Patriot were going to have some problems, but then they work together faultlessly. Does not make much sense to me (yet that is).[/QUOTE] Mr. Wrestling III does not break any rules whatsoever, including illegally entering the ring to break up the pin. The Patriot got a little hot after the match but they were okay after cooler heads prevailed, hence they were able to work well together in the tag match on FUSION. [QUOTE]- Did Tito win the Title or was this a non-Title match?[/QUOTE] It was non-title. I believe Scott Hudson mentioned it on the show intro. Thanks for the constructive criticism man. I appreciate it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Wildfire1324;160788]Mr. Wrestling III does not break any rules whatsoever, including illegally entering the ring to break up the pin. The Patriot got a little hot after the match but they were okay after cooler heads prevailed, hence they were able to work well together in the tag match on FUSION.[QUOTE] Ah, makes a whole lot more sence now thanks. And about the Tito thing I guess I just missed it, sorry!

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER][B]NWA SHOWDOWN 5, SATURDAY NIGHT NOVEMBER 4TH AT 9PM EST![/B] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"][B][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP REMATCH: D'LO BROWN VERSUS NAOMICHI MARUFUJI[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] First a showdown of global proportions, now a rematch of global proportions! D'Lo Brown and Naomichi Marufuji torn down the house in New Orleans with a spectacular forty-five minute time limit draw. Now, the two will meet up in a rematch with a one hour time limit and NWAwrestling.com has learned that the FUSE network has authorized extra time if necessary to determine a winner! You will not want to miss the rematch of the year! [B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"][CENTER]NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: SCAFFOLD MATCH THE BRISCOE BROTHERS VERSUS TRENT ACID AND JULIO DINERO [/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] Trent Acid and Julio Dinero broke Mark Briscoe's hand. Now the Briscoes are want to rid themselves of the Horsemen once and for all and are taking it up twenty five feet in the sky on to the scaffold. One team will never be the same after this brutal encounter for the gold. In addition: [FONT="Impact"][B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][CENTER]CHRIS HERO VERSUS TITO ORTIZ FOR THE NWA NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT] All this and much more on NWA Showdown 5. Stay tuned to NWAwrestling.com for all the latest updates on Showdown 5.

From NWAwrestling.com: NWAwrestling.com is honored and proud to bring to you a new column by Hall of Famer Stan "The Lariat" Hansen. The former AWA and Japanese Triple Crown Champion has been with the NWA since the debut of FUSION and has been a very busy man. He been wearing a lot more more hats than just his trademark Stetson cowboy hat these days. The Badman from Borger, Texas is the NWA's Senior Road Agent working with the talent before and after their matches. He, along with Steve Williams and Jim Cornette, have been involved with training some of the younger talent in the NWA and working with the veterans on refining and updating their styles so the NWA stays at the cutting edge of the business. He has had a hand in the creative aspects of the company, working closely with Mr. Nelson, Jim Cornette, Rip Rogers, and Don Callis. He has been recently appointed to the NWA Championship committee and has appeared as the on-screen representation of the committee on NWA television. In what little free time he has, he has been known to travel throughout the territories of the Alliance to scout some of the promising young talent firsthand. Now you can add internet columnist to his resume so without further adieu, let's get the thoughts of Mister Stan Hansen. [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [COLOR="Red"][B] * The NWA is coming to F/X! You can't believe how excited everyone here at NWA headquarters is about this opportunity. Our partnership with the FUSE network, which despite rumors to the contrary is stronger than even, helped get us on the map and now this new relationship gives us a chance to expose our product to even more fans throughout the country and the world. The NWA is alive and well in 2006! *Looks like we're heading for another great show in Charlotte for NWA Showdown 5! Headlined by the rematch of the year, NWA World Heavyweight Champion D'Lo Brown and Naomichi Marufuji! That alone is worth the price of admission but now we find out that Jay and Mark Briscoe are putting their tag belts on the line against Trent Acid and Julio Dinero in the most dangerous match there is, up twenty five feet in the air on a scaffold! I've been regarded as some what of a tough guy in my day but their ain't no way you'd ever find me up on some contraption like that! I just pray all the boys make it through this bout in one piece! * I'm sorry to hear about the financial difficulties that Gabe Sapolsky and the crew over at Ring of Honor are having. Even though they've lost some talent over the last few months, they're still putting on top notch shows out there, focusing on some of the best pure and strong style wrestling in the world. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing because I'd hate to see them fold up shop. * Daniel Puder has been mad as holy heck the last couple of days. I'm not a big fans of guys running their mouths but this business with him and Kurt Angle is crazy. Both guys should shut their yaps but I can understand where Daniel's coming from. He still should keep quiet and focus on his own career which is very promising. * Tito Ortiz's transition from MMA to the NWA is going really well especially after getting past the early bumps. He's going to face off with Chris Hero at Showdown 5 for the NWA North American title. Hero's mind has been elsewhere lately as Jimmy Rave has been hot on his heels. With the champ distracted, this could be a great opportunity for the "Huntington Beach Bad Boy" although Hero has proven to be a supremely lucky and slippery foe. * Be sure to tune in to FUSION this week for the announcement of the fourth and final match at Showdown 5. That's it for my column. Till next time, take care and God bless. -STAN[/B][/COLOR]

[B]Wednesday October 25th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[SIZE="8"][FONT="Impact"] LIVE ON [/FONT][/SIZE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]"It is time once again for the destination event of Wednesday night! This is FUSION! I'm your host Scott Hudson joined once again by Mister James E. Cornette. Tonight FUSION has returned to Georgia with an amazing night of NWA action!" "That's right Scott, we have a great night for you, headined by the NWA World Heavyweight Champion D'Lo Brown making a title defense right here tonight against "the Anarchist" Doug Williams. As the champ tunes up for his match against Marufuji, he can't look past the dangerous Englishman!" "He definately cannot! Also tonight Stan Hansen will make an annoucement as to the fourth and final match for Showdown 5! You will not want to miss that one folks!" "And we also have tag team action tonight as the SATs, the British Invasion and the returning Gedo and Jado face off in triple threat action as the teams in the NWA try to position themselves for a shot at whatever team survives the scaffold match!" "Don't you dare change that channel! FUSION starts now!" [/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, Mr. Wrestling II, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Matt Bloom, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

In dark matches, Eduardo Colon and Ricky Banderas defeated Christian York and Mikey Batts and Bison Smith defeated La Parka. [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting In the opening bout of the evening the SATs defeat the British Invasion and Gedo/ Jado by pinfall in 12:59. The end came when the SAT's cleared the ring with dropkicks and finished off Jado with the Spanish Fly. (C+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]As FUSION returns from commericial, the screen goes black and once again the message, [B][COLOR="Red"]"Experience the Experience."[/COLOR][/B] appears. The screen goes black again. A second graphic appears,[COLOR="Red"][B] "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.[/B][/COLOR] The screen goes black again before a third graphic appears.[COLOR="Red"][B]"November 2006, the Elijah Burke Experience begins"[/B][/COLOR] (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] "A Little Less Talk and a Lot More Action" plays and out from the back comes Stan "The Lariat" Hansen. [B]"Well how the heck is everyone doing here tonight in the Peach state?" [/B](cheap pop) [B]"I'm not out here to bore you so I'm going to make this short and sweet. On Saturday, November 4th, live from Charlotte, North Carolina, the NWA is proud to present Showdown 5. Tonight I'm here to announce the fourth and final match of the evening. There is going to be a 15 man over the top rope invitational battle royale with the winner getting at shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and NWA Showdown 6 on Saturday December 2nd. Doug Williams is one of the competitors in this battle royale but if he should win the NWA World title tonight, D'Lo Brown would take his place in this match and Doug would defend the NWA title against Marufuji. The other competitors in the match are as follows; Steve Corino, Masato Tanaka, Mr. Wrestling III, the Patriot, Matt Weise, Nigel McGuiness, Matt Bloom, Colt Cabana, the Messiah, the Necro Butcher, La Parka, Jimmy Rave, Andrei Arlovski and Daniel Puder. Good luck everyone and may the best man win!."[/B] (A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Lauren Jones fires the new Showdown 5 Scaffold T-shirt (available now on NWAwrestling.com) into the crowd. (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting In the main event of the evening, D'Lo Brown defeats Doug Williams by pinfall in 19:32. In what can be assumed was a message to Naomichi Marufuji, D'Lo Brown finishes off his opponent with the Shiranui, the finishing move of his foe at Showdown 5. After the match, Doug Williams and D'Lo Brown shake hands in a sign of sportsmanship much to the fans approval as FUSION goes off the air. (Match B+, Handshake B+)[/QUOTE] Rating: B+

This may be your best hyped wrestler yet...Burke is a great talent, has a good look and really interested in how you write for him...Huge Thumbs up from me on that signing... I'm surprised the SAT got the win in the 3 way tag match...I figured you gave them their little run and now were going to build new contenders for the Briscoes speaking of which the scaffold match (which so reminds me of the NWA; Night of the Skywalkers Road Warriors vs Midnight Express) should be awesome..Cant wait to see what kind of dive Mark Briscoe is going to do before/after or during this match

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] FAN POLL: Who is your pick to win the 15 Man Over-the-Top Rope Invitational Battle Royale and become the new number one contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship? [B][COLOR="Green"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"]*Steve Corino *Masato Tanaka *Mr. Wrestling III *The Patriot *Matt Weise *Nigel McGuiness *Matt Bloom *Colt Cabana *The Messiah *The Necro Butcher *La Parka *Jimmy Rave *Doug Williams *Andrei Arlovski *Daniel Puder[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] VOTE NOW SO YOUR VOICE IS HEARD! NWA SHOWDOWN 5: SATURDAY NOVEMBER 4TH LIVE ON FUSE!

[B]Wednesday November 1st, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[SIZE="8"][FONT="Impact"] LIVE ON [/FONT][/SIZE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] [B]"Heading into Showdown 5, FUSION is coming to you live from the North Charleston Coliseum in South Carolina. I'm Scott Hudson joined as alway by Mister James E. Cornette. Jim, nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina this week. We have a great night of NWA action tonight followed by the big rematch of the year this Saturday" "Absolutely Scott, D'Lo Brown and Naomichi Marufuji will be an epic encounter but first we have some great matches tonight including Colt Cabana taking on the Messiah and Mr. Wrestling III facing off with the Necro Butcher." "And don't forget our big main event, Tito Ortiz and Andrei Arlovski taking on Chris Hero and the One Man Gang. You're not going to want to miss a minute. FUSION starts now."[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, Mr. Wrestling II, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Matt Bloom, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure.

In dark matches Gedo and Jado defeated the British Invasion and Sterling James Keenan defeated Mikey Batts. [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting In the opening bout of the evening, "Classic" Colt Cabana defeats the Messiah by pinfall in 7:21 following the Colt 45. (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] A video is played highlighting the feud between the Best in the World, Jay and Mark Briscoe and the Xtreme Horsemen, Trent Acid and Julio Dinero, showing all the key events leading up to the scaffold match. (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Mr. Wrestling III defeats the Necro Butcher by pinfall in 9:03 following the La Magistral Cradle. The masked man spent most of the match baffling the Butcher with his technical wizardry but everyone could not help but be impressed by the resilience of the Necro Butcher who was locked in the cloverleaf for almost two minutes but would not tap out. (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] As FUSION returns from commericial, the screen goes black and once again the message, [COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="3"]"Experience the Experience."[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] appears. The screen goes black again. A second graphic appears, [COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="3"]"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses — behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." -Muhammad Ali [/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]. The screen goes black again before a third graphic appears.[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"][B]"November 2006, the Elijah Burke Experience begins"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Becky Bayless is backstage with Steve Corino.[B] "Mr. Corino thank you for this time. What is on your mind?" "The same thing that is always on my mind Becky, gold or more specifically, the legendary ten pounds of gold. For too long, the NWA has been doing its best to keep me away from my title....from my destiny. I'm the one who is supposed to be leading this company into the future. Well come Saturday, in Charlotte, North Carolina, it all begins again for the King of Old School. When all is said and done, I will emerge victorious over fourteen of the NWA's best fighters. I don't care if its Colt Cabana or if its Matt Weise or even if its my own business associate Masato Tanaka! I WILL be the winner and then at Showdown 6, I will reclaim what is rightfully mine, the NWA Heavyweight Championship and then all will be right in the world. This interview is over."[/B](A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] A video is played showing highlights of the first D'Lo Brown - Naomichi Marufuji match. (B+) [/QUOTE][QUOTE] Lauren Jones. T-shirts. You know you want one. (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting In the main event of the evening, Tito Ortiz and Andrei Arlovski defeat Chris Hero and the One Man Gang by submission in 14:45. Late in the bout, Jimmy Rave came through the crowd and chases Chris Hero into the back leaving the Gang all alone with Team Punishment. He quickly falls prey to Andrei Arlvoski's Pit Bull Vice Grip and taps out. (B)[/QUOTE] Rating: B

[QUOTE=Oldschool;162474]You're getting some really good ratings B- for Cabana vs messiah, B= For Necro vs III, Burke promo gets you a B- and a B for a main event match that I wouldn't think would get you that good of a rating.. What is your overall overness at, these days...[/QUOTE] It was mostly because of the region I was in. I'm at an A in the Mid-Atlantic and anywhere from C+ to a B+ everywhere else. I'm close to going National I think. :)

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER][B]NWA SHOWDOWN 5, SATURDAY NIGHT NOVEMBER 4TH AT 9PM EST![/B] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"][B][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP REMATCH: D'LO BROWN VERSUS NAOMICHI MARUFUJI[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] First a showdown of global proportions, now a rematch of global proportions! D'Lo Brown and Naomichi Marufuji torn down the house in New Orleans with a spectacular forty-five minute time limit draw. Now, the two will meet up in a rematch with a one hour time limit and NWAwrestling.com has learned that the FUSE network has authorized extra time if necessary to determine a winner! You will not want to miss the rematch of the year! [CENTER] [B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: SCAFFOLD MATCH THE BRISCOE BROTHERS VERSUS TRENT ACID AND JULIO DINERO [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] Trent Acid and Julio Dinero broke Mark Briscoe's hand. Now the Briscoes are wanting to rid themselves of the Horsemen once and for all and are taking it up twenty five feet in the sky on to the scaffold. One team will never be the same after this brutal encounter for the gold. In addition: [CENTER] [FONT="Impact"][B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]CHRIS HERO VERSUS TITO ORTIZ FOR THE NWA NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP 15 MAN INVITATIONAL OVER THE TOP ROPE BATTLE ROYALE TO DETERMINE THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER TO THE NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/CENTER] All this and much more on NWA Showdown 5. Stay tuned to NWAwrestling.com for all the latest updates on Showdown 5.

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday November 3rd. Wade Keller: Well Bruce, we're about twenty four hours away from NWA Showdown 5 and the "rematch of the year" as its been billed. Do you think Brown-Marufuji II can live up to the hype? Bruce Mitchell: I would think its going to be tough but both competitors have the potential to do just that. Either way, it should be a great match and I expect this to be a good show on the strength of this match alone. WK: How about the Scaffold Match? I have to question putting this match on TV when it probably should be saved for a pay-per view. I would think you'd want to make people pay for a spectacle like that. BM: I totally agree Wade. This just seems silly to waste a potentially huge match on free tv especially what should be the culmination of what has been a pretty good feud. As for the match itself, scaffold matches tend not to be too exciting until the ending but we'll have to see how it plays out. Its tough to underestimate Jay and Mark Briscoe. WK: How about the North American title match between Chris Hero and Tito Ortiz? BM: I fully expect Jimmy Rave to cost Chris Hero his title and hopefully further what has been a very vague storyline up till now. WK: I think I would have to agree with you Bruce. Lastly, how about the Battle Royale? BM: As a rule Battle Royale's usually suck and I'm not expecting this to be much better. If I had to pick a winner, I'd go with Matt Weise. WK: I think I'd probably agree with you there. He's long overdue for a big push. Okay we'll touch more on Showdown 5 on tommorrow's update. Now I want to get your thoughts on the ROH show in Chicago this weekend which looks like it could be one of, if not the last ROH show ever.....[/B]

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B] "You are looking live at the sold-out Cricket Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina and tonight this is the center of the wrestling world as all eyes are watching Showdown 5 for the "Rematch of the Year"! I'm your host Scott Hudson joined once again by my friend Mr. James E. Cornette. Jim, happy to see you." "You should be happy to see me Hudson. I'm the one that gives you some credibility in this booth! Speaking of credibility, we're looking at one of the most credible World Champions in a long time in D'Lo Brown. Tonight he's putting the legendary ten pounds of gold on the line against one of the most exciting wrestlers in the world today, Naomichii Marufuji! Folks, you are not going to want to miss this one. Its going to be a classic. I can promise you that!" "And from a wrestling classic, we go to the most dangerous match in wrestling....the Best in the World, Jay and Mark Briscoe taking on their arch-rivals Trent Acid and Julio Dinero, high above the arena floor on a twenty five foot scaffold!" "I'm not sure what the Briscoes were thinking asking for this match but its safe to say that neither team may ever be the same after this. I can speak from personal experience having been knocked off a scaffold by the Rock-n-Roll Express many moons ago. Trust me, you do not want to fall off that scaffold!" "And then from there we have the North American title on the line as the ever fortunate champ, Chris Hero taking on his most dangerous opponent to date, "the Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Tito Ortiz! Hero has been very lucky hanging onto to his title but facing off against the MMA superstar in addition to having Jimmy Rave hot on his heels, has the champ's luck run out?" "And don't forget tonight we will crown the new number one contender to the NWA World title in a fifteen man over the top rope invitational battle royale. The winner of that match will face either D'Lo Brown or Naomichi Marufuji at Showdown 6! This match is loaded with some of the best fighters in the world today so anything is possible!" "You're not going to want to miss a minute of this action. Showdown starts now!"[/B] The theme of Showdown 5 is 100,000 Years by KISS

In dark matches, the SAT defeated Eduardo Colon and Ricky Banderas by pinfall and Dropkick Murphy defeated Christian York by pinfall. [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting The opening bout of the evening was the fifteen man over the top rope invitational battle royale to determine the number one contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. In 12:31, "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder eliminates Nigel McGuinness to win the match. Other points of interest in the bout: *To start the match, the other 14 men charge "The King of the Monsters" Matt Weise and eliminate him right away as he is perceived to be the biggest threat. Weise is stunned but gets to his feet, smiles and claps sarcastically before yelling, [B]"This is your match to win Bloom. Make me proud!"[/B] *Jimmy Rave is eliminated when Chris Hero emerges from the crowd and yanks him out of the ring by the hair and lands a couple of stiff right hands before fleeing into the crowd once again. *The Patriot and Steve Corino are both eliminated while fighting on edge of the ring apron by a Mr. Wrestling III dropkick that was intended for Corino but hits both men. The Patriot is livid and is heard yelling at him, [B]"What the hell?[/B]" before the stunned Mr. Wrestling III is quickly dumped out by Daniel Puder. The Patriot and III exchange words outside before both men head to the back shaking their heads. Scott Hudson points out that the dropkick was [B]"an accident".[/B] *Puder is dominant in the bout, eliminating six men. Nigel puts up an excellent performance of his own, surviving a two-on-one Team Punishment advantage at the end of the match, eliminating Andrei Arlovski and nearly tossing Puder out several times before falling prey to the victor. (B-) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera catches D'Lo Brown and Colt Cabana wishing the Briscoes good luck as they warm up for their dangerous scaffold match. (C+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]A video is played highlighting the key points of the Briscoe-Acid/Dinero feud (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The screen goes black and the graphic [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"][B]"Experience the Experience"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] appears. That image fades and is followed by, [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]"Every time you win, it diminishes the fear a little bit. You never really cancel the fear of losing; you keep challenging it." -Arthur Ashe[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] . That is followed by [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"][B]"November 2006, The Elijah Burke Experience is coming."[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting In the scaffold match for the NWA World Tag Team titles, Jay and Mark Briscoe retained their titles in 8:02. The ending came when Trent Acid was hanging on to the scaffold by the tips of his fingers and Mark Briscoe, who still has a cast on his injured hand, pounds on Trent's fingers with the cast until his foe eventually lets go and plummets, landing awkwardly on the mat below. As the Briscoe's celebrate high above on the scaffold, Julio quickly climbs down to check on his partner as Corino, Victory and Tanaka run out from the locker room. It appears that Trent has broken his leg from the fall. Jack and Julio prop him up on their shoulders to help him to the back. Out of nowhere, Masato absolutely crushes him with a Roaring Elbow. Everyone is stunned as the Horsemen put the boots to their fallen comrade. Steve Corino takes the microphone. [B]"You're a loser Trent. A loss like this is not acceptable. You're not fit to ride with the most elite organization in wrestling. In case you didn't figure it out Trent, you're gone from the Horsemen. Have fun rehabbing.....loser!"[/B] As the Horsemen leave, Jack Victory spits on Trent as the paramedics coming running out. (Match B-. Angle A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] The camera heads into the Team Punishment locker room and catches a very confident looking Tito Ortiz lightly sparring with Andrei Arlovski while Don Callis is talking business on the phone and Daniel Puder is getting a massage from a hot blond Swedish chick. (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Tito Ortiz defeats Chris Hero by pinfall in 13:09 to win the NWA North American title. As a surprise to no one, Jimmy Rave finally makes his way down to ringside, waffles the One Man Gang with a chair, and distracts Chris Hero so that "the Huntington Beach Bad Boy" can score the one-two-three with a schoolboy rollup to claim the gold. As Ortiz heads to the back to celebrate the win with the rest of Team Punishment and as a smirking Jimmy Rave makes his way to the back as well, Hero takes the microphone. [B]"Enjoy that title while it lasts Ortiz because its coming back to its rightful owner very soon. As for you Jimmy, just remember this. You cost me that title but I can and will get it back. YOU'RE NEVER GETTING HER BACK!" [/B]As Hero throws the mic down in disgust, the camera pans back to Rave who looks absolutely livid after Hero's comments. (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Lauren Jones fires the new Showdown 5 t-shirts into the crowd. (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] The camera catches D'Lo and Marufuji going through their final preparations for the rematch of the year. (B+)[/QUOTE] The Main Event is next!

Lauren Jones is in the ring with a microphone in her hand. D'Lo Brown and Naomichi Marufuji have both made their entrances and are awaiting the official announcements. [B]"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for our MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! This rematch is scheduled for one fall with a one hour time limit and is for the National Wrestling Alliance Heavyweight Championship of the World! The FUSE network has allowed for an overtime period to determine a winner if necessary" [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "Introducing first, the reigning and defending NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World, standing in the corner to my left, weighing in tonight at two hundred and sixty seven pounds, standing six feet one inch tall, fighting out of Chicago, Illinois, the Real Deal, D'Lo Brown! [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "And the challenger, standing in the corner to my right, weighing in tonight at one hundred and ninety seven pounds, standing five feet nine inches tall, fighting out of Saitama, Japan, Naomichi Marufuji! [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] "When the bell rings, the man in charge will be NWA Senior Official, Mister Rudy Charles."[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Rudy Charles calls both men into the center of the ring and Lauren Jones holds the microphone for him during final instructions. Stan Hansen is there as well and translates for Marufuji. As is tradition in Japan, the fans fill the ring with streamers as a sign of respect for both competitors. [B]"Okay men, I want a good, clean fight. On my sign, you will go back to you corner and when the bell rings come out fighting. Are there any questions?"[/B] Both men shake their heads no. In lieu of a handshake both men bow in respect to one another and then in unison bow before referee Rudy Charles. D'Lo looks like a man on a mission, determined to vanquish this foe. Marufuji looks much more calm this time around, but equally as focused as the champ. The crowd seems to be much more pro-D'Lo this time as opposed to the very split crowd in New Orleans although they do show Marufuji respect as a great competitor. [B]"Its time then. Good luck to you both."[/B] [B] DING DING DING[/B]

They lock up and Brown powers Marufuji to the corner. D'Lo chops Marufuji against the ropes and slaps on a wristlock. Marufuji counters to an armdrag and chops D'Lo back. They knuckle up and D'Lo goes back to the arm. He hits a dropkick but Marufuji comes back with a stiff kick to the back. They trade holds and D'Lo hits a backbreaker. He stomps on Marufuji's chest and hits another backbreaker. He goes back to the wristlock. Marufuji rolls though and hits a butterfly suplex into a cross armbreaker. D'Lo reaches the ropes to force a break. Marujui tries to lock on the STF but can't so he settles for dropping several knees into the small of D'Lo's back. He pulls up D'Lo and nails a European Uppercut and gets an armbar takedown for a two count. He hits a running European uppercut for a second two count. He locks on a cobra clutch. When D'Lo reaches the ropes he unwinds him and nails a shirt arm clothesline. Marufuji goes for a second clothesline but D'Lo ducks and hits an enziguiri and follows up with the bobblehead legdrop. He stomps on Marufuji's head and kicks at his back. He sets Marufuji up on the top rope and hits a superplex. He climbs the ropes and hits the Lo Down for a near three count. He locks on the Boston Crab but Marufuji reaches the rope to force the break. D'Lo climbs the ropes again but Marufuji crotches him and hits a top rope huracanrana for a two count. He puts a Boston Crab of his own on D'Lo. Marufuji really cinches it in and it is a struggle for the champ to reach the ropes although he finally does. D'Lo rolls out of the ring but Marufuji follows. They fight to the floor where D'Lo whips Marufuji into the divider and chops him right in front of the crowd who are going crazy for him. D'Lo slams Marufuji's head into the announcers table and rolls back into the ring at fourteen. Marufuji recovers and slides back in at eighteen. They trade forearms and Marufuji hits a lariat out of nowhere for a one and half count. D'Lo recovers and dropkicks Marufuji which sends him flying out of the ring. D'Lo hits a baseball slide and tosses his foe back into the ring. Marufuji recovers and bounces off the ropes nailing D'Lo with a Flash Kick. He goes back to the Boston Crab and D'Lo once again fights his way to the ropes. D'Lo surprises Marufuji with a stiff chop and a Northern Lights suplex for a long two count. Marufuji kips up just in time to get clotheslines right back down by the champ. Marufuji rubs his jaw and warily gets up. They trade chops with Marufuji winning the exchange before flooring D'Lo with a running forearm. Marufuji climbs to the top rope but misses a shooting star press. D'Lo tries to climb to the top but get crotched again on the top rope. Marufuji climbs up and unloads with ten stiff rights to the temple as the crowd counts along. D'Lo manages to shove Marufuji off and attempts a double axhandle off the second rope but takes a STIFF kick to stomach the knocks the wind right out of him. It gets a near three count. Marufuji climbs the ropes again and nails the shooting star press this time but D'Lo gets his foot on the ropes to break the count and then rolls out of the ring. Marufuji bounces off the ropes and nails a suicide dive between the second and third ropes onto D'Lo. He follows that up by propelling D'Lo into the ring post and the champ is busted open. Marufuji tosses him back into the ring and scores a Perfect Inside Cradle for a two and a half count. D'Lo fights out and hits several jabs before surprising Marufuji with the Sudden Impact, a swinging side slam for a two count. Both men rise to their feet with surprising energy and bounce off the ropes, criss crossing before colliding head to head. Marufuji is opened up now and D'Lo's cut is starting to flow. Both men are down and referee Rudy Charles begins to count. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. The crowd is imploring both men to get up. Eight. Nine. Both men manage to make it to one knee to break the count. Marufuji gets to his feet first and with a reserve of energy nails D'Lo with a stunning Shiranui Kai out of nowhere. He makes the sign that D'Lo is finished and the crowd boo's. He covers him but D'Lo manages to kick out at the last possible second. Marufuji stands frustrated over a still hurting D'Lo Brown wondering what he needs to do to finish him off. As D'Lo gets to his feet, Marufuji bounces off the ropes looking to nail a lariat but D'Lo propels him over the top rop and down to the floor and then stuns the crowd by following up with a beautiful plancha down onto his foe. D'Lo tosses his rival back into the ring and squashes him with a Sky High powerbomb before scaling the top rope and hitting a perfect Lo Down. One. Two. Marufuji kicks out at the last possible second. Both men get back to their feet and begin exchanging chop after chop on one another. Both men's chest are swollen and Marufuji's chest even shows a trickle of blood. The clock is nearly at sixty minutes and the crowd is counting down. They continue to chop and chop with neither man backing down D'Lo stuns Marufuji with a quick knee to the gut.He then ties him up with one of his own moves, the Perfect Inside Cradle, the very move that Marufuji beat Jun Akiyama with to claim the GHC World title several months earlier! Both men collapse on the mat having wrestled for 59:47 as the crowd chants "That was awesome!" and flood the ring with more streamers. Finally both men make it back to their feet and embrace with Marufuji raising the champion's arm and pointing at him as a sign of respect. The celebration is short-lived however as Mosh by Eminem plays and out from the back comes Daniel Puder with Don Callis and Andrei Arlovski not far behind. Tito Ortiz emerges a moment later proudly displaying his new championship on his shoulder. All four men are applauding. Puder has a microphone. [B]"Very nice job champ. That was a heck of a match and you both should be very proud. That lived up to the billing as the 'Rematch of the Year', no doubt. You've had a heck of a night. Here's the thing though, Team Punishment has had a heck of a night too. Tito Ortiz, 'the Hungtington Beach Bad Boy' trashed the longest reigning champion in the NWA and claimed the North American title. Andrei and myself DOMINATED the battle royale with some of the best fighters in the world! Now unfortunately for you, you have to face me, "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder. The man who nearly broke Kurt Angle in two. The man who was too nasty for MMA. The man who was too dangerous for the WWE and in twenty eight days, at NWA Showdown 6, the man who is too damn good to not become the youngest ever NWA World Heavyweight Champion. No disrepect to your opponent tonight. We all know he's one of the best in the world but you're not going to outweigh me by seventy pounds. You're not going to tower over me. You're not going to be stronger than me and you're sure as hell not going to outwrestle me! So get some rest tonight buddy and bask in the glory of this fantastic victory because as of right now, you're spending your last days and weeks with your title or should I make that MY title! Let's go boys, let's let the champ have his last moment in the sun."[/B] (Match B+, Post Match B-) RATING: B END OF SHOW

Another classic show!!!!! The battle royal was great...Bloom and Corino seeemed a little quiet in this match...I like how Weise was the first man out, but it took 14 guys to eliminate him...Really looking forward to see were this Patriot/Mr. Wrestling III is going to go. I love your hype of "The Elijah Burke Experience" with your classic quotes, its the best hyped debut since Mr. Wrestling III I expected the Briscoes to retain...But was completely blindsided by Acid being given the boot by the horseman...Have we seen the last of Trent, or can we expect a big babyface return (whichever it is, dont tell me, as I love kayfabe) I dont know how much I like seeing Ortiz win the NA title, we;ll see how he does as a champ...Puder is obviously maing some strides in your promotion and in the eyes of this NWA fan DLO retaing wasn't to much of a surprise...I'm guessing his matchups with Marafugi will help his overall skills....I like how Ortiz beats heel Hero and then comes off as a heel as he's with Puder as they challenge D'Lo...Ortiz still seems like a bigger threat than Puder to me.... Another great show Keep up the good stuff

[QUOTE=Wildfire1324;163332]Expect to see Puder t-shirts on NWAwrestling.com very soon! ;) What did you think of the undercard G?[/QUOTE] The undercard was pretty solid. The battle royal was better than I expected, I didn't really think there was a lot you could do, but you proved me wrong by building on Patriot/Mr Wrestling and Rave/Hero. And even though I expected Matt Weise to last a long time, it wasn't too unbelievable that everyone worked together to eliminate him, like they do with Kane or Big Show in the Royal Rumble. And the Elijah Burke Experience videos are getting me excited about his debut, like Oldschool said, it's the best hyped debut since Mr Wrestling. I just hope he lives up to the hype. The tag title match was good, the Extreme Horsemen attack was way out of left field. I'm looking forward to a Corino/Acid feud in the future. Ortiz vs Hero was good, the post-match Hero vs Rave promo has me wanting to know who 'she' is. All in all, a great show.

Archived