National Wrestling Alliance: A Return to Glory

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com Coming off all of the events of NWA Showdown 5, FUSION rolls into central Florida. D'Lo Brown successfully defended the NWA World title against Marufuji but now faces another foe, "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder who dominated the all-star battle royale. Puder looks to continue his dominance as he takes on the masked marvel, Mr. Wrestling III. In addition, Steve Corino and the Xtreme Horsemen will be in Orlando. What will they have to say about their unceromonious dumping of their fallen teammate, Trent Acid and who, if anyone will replace him in the most elite organization in wrestling? Also, the SAT, Gedo and Jado and the British Invasion will square off to determine the new number one contenders to the Best in the World, Jay and Mark Briscoe. All this and much more as the NWA invades the UCF Arena on the campus of the University of Central Florida this Wednesday night at 9PM EST only on FUSE.

[QUOTE=Wildfire1324;162919]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting CORRECTED excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday November 3rd. [B] Wade Keller: Well Bruce, we're about twenty four hours away from NWA Showdown 5 and the "rematch of the year" as its been billed. Do you think Brown-Marufuji II can live up to the hype? Bruce Mitchell: I would think its going to be tough but both those guys have the potential to do ya know, do it. But ya know Either way, it should be a great match and I expect this to be a good show on the strength of this match alone. WK: How about the Scaffold Match? I have to question putting this match on TV when it probably should be saved for a pay-per view. I would think you'd want to make people pay for a spectacle like that. BM: Well yeah. It's just, ya know...ya know, to waste this huge match on free tv especially what should be, you know, the culmination of what has been a.. pretty good feud, it's a pretty bad idea. But ya know the only guy who ever could wrestle a good scaffold match or book good tv for that matter is ya know, Jim Cornette. How many good scaffold matches has Vince Russo been in? How many good tv shows has he booked not counting his 4 most succesful years with WWE. WK: Bruce your getting off track. How about the North American title match between Chris Hero and Tito Ortiz? BM: Well, ya know, I fully expect ya know, Jimmy Rave to cost Chris Hero his title and, just WK: Well Bruce... BM: ..you know...ya know, further their storyline and whatever and ya know... WK: Well Bru... BM: And ya know...feuds and matches, ya know, have to build up and have their climax, y'know and I'm just not y'know feeling that from this one yet... WK: Bruce I'm trying to tell you I think I would have to agree with you Bruce, if you would let me talk, you would of heard. Lastly, how about the Battle Royale? BM: Ahhhhhh...As a rule Battle Royale's usually suck and I'm not expecting this to be much better. If I had to pick a winner, I'd go with, ya know, Matt Weise. [/B] [/QUOTE] Fixed it for ya. ;) Love the diary, but boy you need to work on your Bruce Mitchell :D

[B]Wednesday November 8th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[SIZE="8"][FONT="Impact"] LIVE ON [/FONT][/SIZE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]"On the heels of one of the great nights in wrestling history, FUSION is coming at you live from the campus of the University of Central Florida in Orlando. I'm your host Scott Hudson joined once again by Mister James E. Cornette. Jim, its great to be back here in the Sunshine state." "Absolutely Scott. Florida is a state where the fans of the NWA go back for generations and I can tell you this. These are some of the best, most knowledgeable fans in the world and these fans are going to be telling future generations of NWA fans about the night of wrestling action they witnessed last Saturday night including 'the Rematch of the Year' which lived up to all the hype." "It sure did. D'Lo Brown is still the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, having defeated the great Naomichi Marufuji in a match that lasted almost one hour! But the champ has no time to bask in the glory of that victory as now he has to turn his mind to the brand new number one contender, "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder!" "That's why its so hard to be the champ Scott, you have the best fighters in all the world coming at you from all angles. Tonight, the number one contender will be in action as he takes on the masked marvel, Mr. Wrestling III in what should be an absolute clinic!" "That's going to be one hell of main event tonight and that is not all. Tonight, the SAT, the British Invasion, and the Japanese team of Gedo and Jado will face off to determine the new number one contenders to the NWA World Tag Team Championship currently held by the Best in the World, Jay and Mark Briscoe who were victorious at Showdown 5 defeating Trent Acid and Julio Dinero in the most dangerous match in the business, a scaffold match!" "That reminds me also that Steve Corino and the Xtreme Horsemen will be here tonight. I'm dying to hear what the rationale is for turning on their comrade, Trent Acid after he plummets twenty five feet to the ground in that scaffold match. They have proven once again that there is no honor among thieves!" "You said it Jim. There you have it folks, a jam packed night of NWA action. Let's head to the ring. FUSION starts now!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, Mr. Wrestling II, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Matt Bloom, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

In dark matches, Christian York beat Dropkick Murphy and Rainman beat Mikey Batts. [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting In the opening bout of the evening, Jimmy Rave defeats Lizmark by pinfall with the Rave Review in 6:54. After the match he takes the microphone. [B]"Hero you lousy piece of crap, that title isn't all you're going to lose. I want you in this ring and it better happen soon. If not, I'm going to find you out there and finish this once and for all. And one more thing, don't you ever, and I mean EVER bring her up again! Don't you even think of saying her name you miserable piece of sh...." [/B] Dave Prazak grabs the microphone out of his hands. [B]"I believe what my friend here is saying is this, Hero, you best accept this challenge, perhaps for Showdown 6. At least in the ring there is a referee to protect you somewhat. God help you if the New Wave finds you out there in the street, odds are you'll wind up as a chalk outline! Let's go Jimmy."[/B] (Match C, Promo C+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera cuts to the back and catches Becky Bayless trying to get an interview with the Xtreme Horsemen as the arrive at the arena. As usual, she is ignored by all of them as they walk by. As Becky pouts, Julio stops and walks back. [B]"In case you didn't hear sweet cheeks, we got rid of some of the dead wood around her so we have an opening in the Horsemen. Maybe you'd like the ride with the most elite group in wrestling.......or maybe (Julio smirks) you'd be content just riding me?"[/B] Becky hauls off and smacks him, leaving him rubbing his jaw but still smiling as she storms off. "[B]Babycakes, I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"[/B] The camera blurs out Becky's hand as she flips him off. (B-) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera switches to locker and catches Doug Williams and Nigel McGuinness talking. Nigel looks particularly agitated.[B] "Calm down mate. Working yourself into a bloody tizzy isn't going to help Nigel." "I know Doug, but Jody and myself have been working our arses off to get into this position to possibly get a shot at Jay and Mark's titles and now because of some bloody problems with his work visa, he can't be here fo this match and we're going to have to forfeit this chance." "Maybe not. I just spoke to Mr. Hansen and he spoke with the Board and they're allowing me to substitute for Jody tonight. So are you game mate?" "Seriously? That's spectacular news! Let's head out there and win one for the motherland!" "Absolutely. You know how the saying goes, [SIZE="3"]Good Guys Win, Bad Guys Lose, and as always England Prevails![/SIZE]" [/B] Both men laugh and shake hands as they head towards the ring. (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] As FUSION returns from commercials, the screen goes black and the now familiar video plays. [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"][B]"Experience the Experience"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] appears. That image fades and is followed by, [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]"We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent." -Barack Obama [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] . That is followed by [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"][B]"November 2006, The Elijah Burke Experience is coming."[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Nigel McGuinness and Doug Williams defeat the SAT and Gedo and Jado by pinfall in 11:03 by pinfall following Doug crushing Jado with the Chaos Theory to become the new number one contenders the the NWA World Tag Team titles. (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Battle Without Honor or Humanity plays and the Xtreme Horsemen, Steve Corino, Jack Victory, Masato Tanaka and Julio Dinero hit the ring. Corino has the microphone. [B]"All week everyone has by asking me, why Steve, why would you kick out poor Trent Acid after he fell twenty five feet and broke his leg? Its really quite simple. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link and you Trent, you're a weak link! You singlehandedly cost Julio the tag belts! Epic failure like that is not acceptable to the Horsemen. So what now? Where do the Horsemen go from here? Well, my phone has been ringing off the hook. Everyone wants to be part of THE most elite organization in all of wrestling. Well one week from tonight, right here on FUSION, after we sort through all the possibilities, we will change someone's career forever as they become the newest member of the Xtreme Horsemen!"[/B] (A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Lauren Jones fires the new Daniel Puder t-shirts (available now on NWAwrestling.com) into the crowd (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daniel Puder defeats Mr. Wrestling III by countout in 13:41. Late in the match the Patriot tries to stop Don Callis from interfering in the match. Mr. Wrestling III turns around in time to see what appears to be the Patriot interfering in the match, not seeing the prior attempt by Don Callis. He rolls out of the ring, arguing with his friend before walking off in frustration, getting counted out in the process, as the Patriot tries the explain what happened. Puder takes the microphone. [B]"Twenty four days D'Lo. Twenty four days until that belt is mine!"[/B] (B)[/QUOTE] Rating: B

Love the ending, really good way to keep the Patriot/Mr Wrestling friction going while still making Puder strong. You're really doing a great job of combining several stories at once which I must admit I have trouble doing consistantly. Just one thing, the show date was Wednesday November 8th [B]2006[/B] but the Elijah Burke Experiance says November [B]2007![/B] Is this the biggest build up since Sting facing Hollywood Hogan ;-)

Excellent Fusion Alot of questions answered Here's a couple of my thoughts Nigel and Doug Williams might make for a nice team to make a run at "The Best in The World" Julio Dinero is F'ing hilarious (He is easily one of the most underated characters from a readers perspective.. Nice way to keep Puder strong and continue to build this Patriot/Mr Wrerstling III thing, that looks like it is about to blowup... Cant wait to see Elijah Burke...Your buildup is what the WWE should've done for him...absolutely phenominal build...

[QUOTE]Just one thing, the show date was Wednesday November 8th 2006 but the Elijah Burke Experiance says November 2007! Is this the biggest build up since Sting facing Hollywood Hogan ;-)[/QUOTE] Damn, that didn't even click in my head. I'll go back and change it. I'm not going to make you wait a year for the Elijah Burke Experience.............or am I? (Evil Laugh)

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER][B]NWA SHOWDOWN 6, SATURDAY NIGHT DECEMBER 2ND AT 9PM EST![/B] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"][B][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: D'LO BROWN VERSUS DANIEL PUDER[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] Having turned back the top contender from the Land of the Rising Son, D'Lo Brown now has to turn his attention to the top contender from the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave, "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder! The champ hasn't backed down from any challenger but how will he fare against a man with the strong style-MMA hybrid skills of Puder, who is on a quest to become the youngest NWA World Heavyweight Champion in over twenty years! You will not want to miss the epic clash of styles at Showdown 6! Plus: [B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: THE BRISCOE BROTHERS VERSUS THE BRITISH INVASION[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] All this and much more on NWA Showdown 6. Stay tuned to NWAwrestling.com for all the latest updates on Showdown 6.

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com This week FUSION heads back to the Blue Grass State, as the NWA returns to Louisville, Kentucky and the Broadbent Arena will be treated to a huge main event! The new NWA North American Champion Tito Ortiz will make his first title defense as he puts the gold on the line against "Classic" Colt Cabana. In addition, Steve Corino and the Xtreme Horsemen announced last week that they would change the course of one lucky wrestler's career when they get revealed as the latest member of the most elite organization in wrestling. Speculation has been running wild as everyone wants to know who this mystery man or woman will be. This wednesday night, tune in to FUSION to find out! Plus earlier in the week, Jim Cornette conducted a special sit-down interview with the NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World, D'Lo Brown. You're not going to want to miss want the champ had to say about Daniel Puder, Naomichi Marufuji, the Xtreme Horsemen and more! All this and much more as the NWA invades Louisville this Wednesday night at 9PM EST only on FUSE.

Let's take a quick look at the current roster as of Monday, November 13th, 2006. [B]Main Event Faces:[/B] D'Lo Brown: Old School Face (The Real Deal, theme song:Brand New by Rhymefest feat. Kanye West) Mr. Wrestling III: Masked Grappler (theme song: Summon the Heroes by John Williams) [B] Main Event Heels:[/B] Steve Corino: Old School Heel (The King of Old School, theme song: Battle without Honor or Humanity by Tomoyasu Hotei) Matt Weise: Monster (The King of the Monsters, theme song: Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult) Masato Tanaka: Extremist (The Japanese Enforcer, theme song: same as Steve Corino) [B]Upper Midcard Faces:[/B] Daniel Puder: Martial Artist (Too Dangerous, theme song: same as Tito Ortiz) Doug Williams: No Gimmick Required (The Anarchist, theme song: Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols) Tito Ortiz: Legitmate Athlete (The Huntington Beach Bad Boy, theme song: Mosh by Eminem) Andrei Arlovski: Legitmate Athlete (The Pit Bull, theme song: same as Tito Ortiz) Matt Bloom: Hoss (The Derailer, theme song: Crazy Train by Ozzy) The Patriot: Masked Wrestler (theme song: Star Spangled Banner by Jimi Hendrix) [B]Upper Midcard Heels:[/B] Chris Hero: Loose Cannon (Your Brand New Hero) Vampiro: Crazy (Currently on Leave) Trent Acid: Ego Maniac (Currently Injured, No return date) [B]Midcard Faces:[/B] Jay and Mark Briscoe: Generation Next Nigel McGuiness: Ice Man Colt Cabana: Fun Babyface (Classic, theme song: Copacabana by Barry Manillow) La Parka: Masked Luchadore (The Chair Man of the NWA) [B]Midcard Heels:[/B] Julio Dinero: No Gimmick Required (The Xtreme HeartThrob, theme song: same as Steve Corino) Gedo: No Gimmick Needed Jado: No Gimmick Needed Jimmy Rave:Generation Next (theme song:Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode) Necro Butcher: Crazy (theme song: Wicked Ways by Garbage) [B]Lower Midcard Faces:[/B] Jody Fleish: Show Stealer Dropkick Murphy: No Gimmick Assigned Yet Lizmark: Masked Luchadore Jose Maximo: Luchadore Joel Maximo; Luchadore [B] Lower Midcard Heels:[/B] Christian York: Teen Idol Sterling Keenan: Blue Chipper Rainman: No Gimmick Assigned Yet Ricky Banderas: No Gimmick Assigned Yet Bison Smith: Hoss Eduardo Colon: No Gimmick Assigned Yet [B]Semi Active Wrestlers:[/B] One Man Gang (Heel): Bodyguard Abdullah the Butcher (Face): Gate Keeper [B]Managers:[/B] Lauren Jones (Face): Girl Next Door Don Callis (Face): Executive Consultant Jack Victory (Heel): Old School Heel Dave Prazak (Heel): Old School Heel Allison Danger (Heel): Equality Fighter (The Wicked Little Girl) [B]Stables:[/B] The Xtreme Horsemen: Corino, Tanaka, Acid, Dinero, Victory Team Punishment: Ortiz, Puder, Arlovski, Callis [B]Tag Teams:[/B] The Briscoe Brothers: Jay and Mark Briscoe The SAT: Jose and Joel Maximo The British Invasion: Fleisch and McGuinness Trent Acid and Julio Dinero Team Punishment: Ortiz and Puder Gedo and Jado

[B]Wednesday November 15th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[SIZE="8"][FONT="Impact"] LIVE ON [/FONT][/SIZE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket[/CENTER] [B]"Deep in the heart of the Blue Grass state, FUSION is coming to you live from the jam-packed Broadbent Arena in Louisville, Kentucky. I'm your host Scott Hudson joined once again by the great Jim Cornette. Thank you for inviting us into your home tonight." "Absolutely Scott. All of the success of the NWA is due to its great fans who have made Wednesday night the hottest night of the week for the best wrestling action in America. Tonight will be no exception as the new NWA North American champion, 'The Huntington Beach Bad Boy' Tito Ortiz will defend his title against crowd favorite, "Classic" Colt Cabana! "And don't forget that last week Steve Corino promised he will change a wrestler's life forever as the newest member of the Xtreme Horsemen gets revealed tonight!" "Plus you will not want to miss the exclusive sit-down interview I conducted earlier in the week with the NWA World Heavyweight champion, 'The Real Deal' D'Lo Brown. You'll want to hear all of the champ's thoughts on everything from Daniel Puder to Marufuji and everything in-between." "All of this and much more tonight on FUSION. Let's head to the ring. FUSION starts now!" [/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, Mr. Wrestling II, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Matt Bloom, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

In dark matches Dropkick Murphy beat Christian York and Rainman beat Mikey Batts. [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting In the opening bout of the evening, "The Derailer" Matt Bloom beats Lizmark by pinfall in 8:19 following the Trainwreck. (C+) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera catches the Xtreme Horsemen pouring out of a limo in the back. Corino pops his head back into the limo and tells someone unseen to,[B] "Hang tight in here. Tonight is all about the Horsemen and 'The Old School Prodigy' but we don't want to ruin the surprise for all the idiots at home."[/B] (A) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The camera shifts to the locker room where Jody Fleisch is arguing with Nigel McGuinness. [B]"What the hell Nigel? We're a team, a bloody team and now you're telling me in the biggest match of our lives, the title shot we worked so hard to earn....OUR title shot, I'm not going to be a part of it?" "Calm down Jody. There is nothing malicious going on here mate. It was just bloody bad luck about your visa expiring. I had no idea that the board was going to insist that Doug and I take this title shot. Doug and I tried to reason with Mr. Hansen but...." "I'm tired of hearing about you and Doug! We're the British Invasion Nigel. We're the ones who've been working our way up the ranking since the company has started. That was supposed to be the pinnacle of our efforts...of OUR team. Do you mind mate? This is a bit of a private manner." [/B]As he says this, Jody ushers the cameraman out of the locker room and closes the door behind him. (C-) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]As FUSION returns from commercials, the screen goes black and the now familiar video plays. [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"][B]"Experience the Experience"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] appears. That image fades and is followed by, [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]"Life is not a spectator sport. If you're going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you're wasting your life." -Jackie Robinson [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] . That is followed by [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"][B]"The Elijah Burke Experience is coming.....next week!"[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] (B-) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Battle Without Honor or Humanity plays and the Xtreme Horsemen hit the ring. Steve Corino has the microphone. [B]"I've been taking calls all week from all over the globe, from Mexico, from Japan, from the guys up north in New York [/B](crowd boos) [B]and from the boys down south[/B] (crowd boos even more). [B]But you know what's funny? We've had our choice of the best of the best in the world, the pick of the litter so to speak but sometimes you don't have to look that far to find greatness. It was tough but we found a diamond in the rough right here in the NWA. Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present to you, 'The Old School Prodigy'........Sterling James Keenan!"[/B] Sterling James Keenan enters the ring and shakes hands with his new associates and flashes the four fingers. Corino continues. [B]"This kid is the future.....the future of the Horsemen. Sterling James Keenan is everything that Trent Acid is not. He's a winner. He's a star and most important he's a Horsemen!" [/B]Corino and the Horsemen laugh and hands the mic to the newest Horseman. [B]"Don't forget, unlike Trent, I can walk! This is greatest opportunity of my life and I will not let these men down and I will not let myself down. I'm not going to 'Trent Acid' this opportunity! My name is Sterlng James Keenan. I am the 'Old School Prodigy' and I am a Horsemen. I don't want to brag boys, but I have a hunch the best is yet to come for the most elite organization in sports."[/B] The Horseman flash the four fingers once again (with Victory adding the thumb to represent himself) and leave the ring. (B+)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Jim Cornette's interview with D'Lo Brown is shown. Highlights include: [B]D'Lo on Naomichi Marufuji:[/B] "Man I can't say enough good things about him. I'm very proud of those matches we had and I look forward to competing against him again in the future, possibly in Japan." [B]D'Lo on Colt Cabana:[/B] "Colt is my boy. He's got my back and I got his. Some people say he's not taking his craft seriously but he's just having fun. He's a great competitor." [B]D'Lo on Steve Corino:[/B] "Steve is one of the best in the world. I know he and I are going to cross paths again some time in the future. I just hate the thugs he associates himself with. He's better than that." [B] D'Lo Brown on the NWA:[/B] "The NWA is the best thing to happen to wrestling in years. This has become THE place for the best wrestlers in the world. Not the clowns, not the "sports entertainers", not the has-beens, the best athletes in the world. The NWA is the best of the past of this great sport and the home of the future!" [B]D'Lo Brown on the WWE and TNA:[/B] "See my comments on the NWA. We're light years apart from them. The true fans know it and the ones that don't will see the light soon enough." [B] D'Lo Brown on Daniel Puder:[/B] " I have nothing but respect for Puder but he's facing 'the Real Deal' and he's steppin' up to the big time. He better recognize. I have no doubt that Showdown 6 is going to be a tremendous match but its going to end like all the rest, with my hand raised in victory!" [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Lauren Jones fires the new Showdown 5 t-shirts into the crowd. (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Tito Ortiz defeats Colt Cabana by pinfall in 24:01 to retain the NWA North American title following a Stun Gun and a rollup. (B)[/QUOTE] RATING: B+

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday November 17th. Wade Keller: Well Bruce, let's touch on this week's episode of FUSION. I was pretty disappointed. FUSION has been pretty good lately but this episode just fell flat to me. Bruce Mitchell: I would have to agree with you Wade. Even a pretty good main event with Tito Ortiz and Colt Cabana couldn't save this one. The other match with Matt Bloom and Lizmark was a stinker. Bloom is just floundering after his brief program with Chris Hero. Even some extended mic work from Steve Corino came up short. WK: Let's talk about that. What did you think about the announcement of Sterling James Keenan as the newest Horseman? BM: Disappointing I thought. Most people have no idea who he is so they have a lot of work to build him up and I don't think he has the upside of a Trent Acid. You wonder why they didn't open up the budget to bring in a bigger name. WK: Well there were rumors that they were close to bringing in Satoshi Kojima but that fell through. I guess Keenan was their fall back plan. I know they're pretty high on Keenan though, especially Rip Rogers. I think not blowing the budget on a big name here has something to do with the rumblings for what they're trying to pull off for the end of Showdown 6 and for their debut of COAST 2 COAST on F/X. All I know so far is that apparently the last five minutes of Showdown 6 will be the start of a major angle. I have no other information besides that. Okay enough NWA for now. Let's touch on the *ahem* IMPACT that the signing of Gabe Sapolsky will have on TNA's booking team.....[/B]

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER] [B]NWA SHOWDOWN 6, SATURDAY NIGHT DECEMBER 2ND AT 9PM EST![/B] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"][B][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: D'LO BROWN VERSUS DANIEL PUDER[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] Having turned back the top contender from the Land of the Rising Son, D'Lo Brown now has to turn his attention to the top contender from the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave, "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder! The champ hasn't backed down from any challenger but how will he fare against a man with the strong style-MMA hybrid skills of Puder, who is on a quest to become the youngest NWA World Heavyweight Champion in over twenty years! You will not want to miss the epic clash of styles at Showdown 6! Plus: [CENTER][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: THE BRISCOE BROTHERS VERSUS NIGEL McGUINNESS AND DOUG WILLIAMS[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] Just Added: [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][FONT="Impact"] STEVE CORINO, MASATO TANAKA, JULIO DINERO, AND STERLING KEENAN VERSUS MR. WRESTLING III, THE PATRIOT AND THE SAT[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] All this and much more on NWA Showdown 6. Stay tuned to NWAwrestling.com for all the latest updates on Showdown 6.

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com This week FUSION returns to the Volunteer State, as the NWA returns to theNashville Municipal Auditorium, right in the heart of Tennessee. You will not want to miss a jam-packed show with a spectacular main event that features the NWA World Heavyweight Champion D'Lo Brown in action as he prepares for his bout with "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder by squaring off with Bison Smith in a non-title bout. You've seen the vignettes for weeks. Now witness the arrival of the Elijah Burke Experience this week on FUSION. No doubt the newest member of the NWA roster will have plenty to say. As we draw closer to Showdown 6, Stan Hansen will be in Nashville to announce two more matches for the big event and Chris Hero will be there as well to reveal his answer to Jimmy Rave's challenge! All this plus the Patriot in action against Julio Dinero and much more as the NWA invades Nashville this Wednesday night at 9PM EST only on FUSE.

[B]Wednesday November 22nd, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[SIZE="8"][FONT="Impact"] LIVE ON [/FONT][/SIZE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B] "You are looking live at the jam-packed Nashville Municipal Auditorium in beautiful Nashville, Tennessee and this is FUSION! I am your host Scott Hudson joined once again by the legend, Mister James E. Cornette." "Its always great to be here in Nashville, home to some of the greatest matches in NWA history. Tonight we will have the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, D'Lo Brown in action as he faces off with Bison Smith in a non-title bout as he prepares for his matchup with "Too Dangerous" Daniel Puder at Showdown 6. Even though the title is not on the line, Bison Smith is not a man to take lightly, not at his size!" "Definately not Jim. In addition to that, 'The Xtreme Heartthrob' Julio Dinero will be in one on one action as he faces off with the Patriot in a preview of the big eight man tag that was just announced this week for Showdown 6." "And don't forget all the other excitement tonight as Stan Hansen will be here to announce two more big matches for Showdown 6 as well as the former North American champion Chris Hero will be in Nashville with his answer to Jimmy Rave's challenge." "And finally you've seen all of the videos leading up to this. Tonight, the Elijah Burke Experience begins! You will not want to miss a minute! All of this and much more tonight on FUSION. Let's head to the ring. FUSION starts now!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, Mr. Wrestling II, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Matt Bloom, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

In dark matches the Necro Butcher beat Christian York and the SAT beat Ricky Banderas and Eduardo Colon. [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting In the opening bout of the evening, La Parka pins Mikey Batts following the Sky Twister Press in 2:12. (C-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]"A Little Less Talk and A Lot More Action" by Toby Keith plays and Stan Hansen emerges from the back looking quite dapper in his suit and trademark cowboy hat. [B]"Howdy folks. I know you don't want hear this old cowboy babble on so let's get right to it. The NWA Board of Directors has booked the first ever "Mystery Partner Mayhem" to determine the new number one contenders to the NWA World Tag Team titles. Tonight we will announce three men who will compete in this triple threat tag team match at Showdown 6 with the winner getting a shot at either the Best in the World, Jay and Mark Briscoe or Doug Williams and Nigel McGuinness. Competing in this match with their mystery partners will be "Classic" Colt Cabana, the Necro Butcher, and "the King of the Monsters" Matt Weise! Now that we got that match out of the way, Chris Hero...git your @ss out here."[/B] Chris Hero slithers out of the back with his bodyguard the One Man Gang not far behind. [B]"Now what everyone wants to know son, are you man enough to accept Jimmy Rave's challenge?"[/B] [B]"Jimmy Rave's challenge? You know Stan, I'd really love to kick his teeth down his throat at Showdown 6 but alas, I cannot. The fact of the matter is that I'm obligated to use my return bout for the North American title within 45days or I will lose that shot. Its really out of my hands. So luckily for Rave, I'm going to have to pass on that challenge. Maybe some time down the road but only after he earns a shot at what will soon be MY North American title again." "So you're saying that if not for this title shot, then you'd be more than happy to face Jimmy Rave?"[/B] Hero nods with a smug grin on his face. [B]"Well dang son I had a hunch this would happen and so did the NWA Board. I guess I'm going to have to announce your title shot. Folks, at Showdown 6, you will see Chris Hero try to regain his NWA North American title as he faces off with Tito Ortiz.........and Jimmy Rave in a triple threat match!" [/B]As the One Man Gang's jaw drops, Hero goes absolutely ballistic, just completely flipping out before 'The Lariat' shuts him up. [B]"We all knew you were going to try to weasel out of this one you lilly-livered coward. The Board knew that it couldn't legally remove you from that title shot that you deserve, but it was sure as heck in our power to add 'The New Wave' to this match! Good luck kid. You're gonna need it!"[/B] (B+) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting D'Lo Brown defeats Bison Smith by pinfall in 6:23 following the Sky High and the Lo Down. Following the match, Don Callis comes from the back. [B]"Take a look at this champ. See what you're up against!"[/B] A video plays that would do any Rocky training montage justice. Clips are shown of Daniel Puder at Big Bear sparring in the ring, lifting weights, jumping rope, running....all the standard training cliches. Puder stops training to speak. [B]"Are you watching D'Lo? Do you see what you're up against? I am at the peak of my fighting abilities. I am the perfect physical specimen, a body built by hard work and desire, not out of a bottle like some people out there. You have never faced anyone like me before. It is my destiny to be the heavyweight champion of the world and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have more training to do as I prepare to fulfill my destiny." [/B] (Match B, Video B-) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]The arena goes dark and a video plays with "All Along the Watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix played over it. A spotlight shines in the ring and Elijah Burke is standing there in a black warmup suit and is holding a microphone. [B]"For those of you who don't know who I am, you will soon. My name is a Elijah Burke and I am a wrestler....no scratch that, I am one of the best wrestlers in the business. I heard that the best pure talent in the world has been making its way here to the NWA and I knew that this was the place for an athlete of my caliber. I'm here to make my mark on this business and that means becoming World champion. Its my goal, its the goal of every person back in that locker room, and its the goal of thousands of great athletes out there worldwide. Now I have to say, I'm here for another reason as well. You just saw my video which featured some great African-American icons, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson and many more. Several years back, NBA great Charles Barkley said 'I am not a role model.' He felt that parents and family and teachers should be role models. I believe that is true to a degree but I have a responsibility to every kid of every race, sex, and faith watching this show to be the best that I can be. Like it or not or not, each and every one of us out here is a role model and I'll be damned if I'm going to be the best Elijah Burke I can possibly be. Growing up, I had heroes like any kid, Michael Jordan, Barry Sanders, Ken Griffey Junior.....great athletes and great human beings as well. I look out there now and its all about me, me, me in sports. Terrell Owens, Barry Bonds, Allen Iverson. Selfish players, on and off the playing field. Today I'm here to tell you that I stand for more than that. When you think of Elijah Burke, think of respect, honor, pride, dignity, and most of all one helluva wrestler and the most entertaining damn man on your television! Dr. King once said, 'If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well.' Now I don't know if I can live up to those lofty standards that he set but with your help, I'm going to do my best and at Showdown 6, regardless of who the NWA matches up against me, the Elijah Burke Experience begins!" [/B](B-) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Lauren Jones fires the new Elijah Burke Experience t-shirts (available now on NWAwrestling.com) into the crowd. (A*)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Patriot defeats Julio Dinero by DQ in 17:45 when the rest of the Xtreme Horsemen hit the ring and attack the Patriot. Mr. Wrestling III and the SAT haul @ss out of the locker room and the fight is on. Both teams are brawling as FUSION goes off the air. (Match B, Brawl B-) [/QUOTE] RATING: B

Archived