National Wrestling Alliance: A Return to Glory

Nice TV show...It certainly is building to bigger things... Awesome way to elevate #3...Just when I thought Vampiro was building himself back up, he puts over Mr. Wrestling... The Briscoes are just awesome...They will win the NWA tag Titles....And cnice continuation of the dissension with Callis.. Main event simply furthered storylines with Extreme Horseman and Cabana/D'Lo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com Last week the Briscoe Brothers punched their ticket to the NWA World Tag Team Title Tournament Finals at SHOWDOWN 3. This week two more teams will try to take another step on their personal pathway to the gold! Trent Acid and "The Xtreme Heart Throb" Julio Dinero take on Jose and Joel Maximo, the SAT! Which team will face Jay and Mark at SHOWDOWN 3. Tune in to find out! In addition, the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Steve Corino will defend the strap live on FUSION against Nigel McGuinness. How will the champ fare against the British technician? Find out this week on FUSION! All this and much more on FUSION, Wednesday 9PM EST, only on FUSE!

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com Last week the Briscoe Brothers punched their ticket to the NWA World Tag Team Title Tournament Finals at SHOWDOWN 3. This week two more teams will try to take another step on their personal pathway to the gold! Trent Acid and "The Xtreme Heart Throb" Julio Dinero take on Jose and Joel Maximo, the SAT! Which team will face Jay and Mark at SHOWDOWN 3. Tune in to find out! In addition, the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Steve Corino will defend the strap live on FUSION against Nigel McGuinness. How will the champ fare against the British technician? Find out this week on FUSION! All this and much more on FUSION, Wednesday 9PM EST, only on FUSE!

[B]Wednesday July 26th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket Broadbent Arena[/CENTER] [B]"We are live in Louisville, Kentucky at the Broadbent Arena and this is FUSION! I am your host Scott Hudson joined once again by Mister James E. Cornette." "That's right Scott. We are in Louisville, home of Muhammad Ali, the Greatest of All Time and tonight the greatest of right now, the NWA World Champion, Steve Corino will defend the title right here tonight against Nigel McGuinness! The champ will be put to the test by the British technician. It should be a good one." "In addition, the NWA World Tag Team Title Tournament rolls on as the second semifinal bout will be decided tonight as the SATs, Jose and Joel Maximo take on Trent Acid and Julio Dinero, representing the Xtreme Horsemen. The winner of this match will face Jay and Mark Briscoe for the gold at Showdown 3! All of this and much more tonight on FUSION. Don't you dare change that channel. FUSION starts now!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Mr. Wrestling II, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Lizmark Jr, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

[B]Wednesday July 26th, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER] Photobucket Broadbent Arena[/CENTER] [B]"We are live in Louisville, Kentucky at the Broadbent Arena and this is FUSION! I am your host Scott Hudson joined once again by Mister James E. Cornette." "That's right Scott. We are in Louisville, home of Muhammad Ali, the Greatest of All Time and tonight the greatest of right now, the NWA World Champion, Steve Corino will defend the title right here tonight against Nigel McGuinness! The champ will be put to the test by the British technician. It should be a good one." "In addition, the NWA World Tag Team Title Tournament rolls on as the second semifinal bout will be decided tonight as the SATs, Jose and Joel Maximo take on Trent Acid and Julio Dinero, representing the Xtreme Horsemen. The winner of this match will face Jay and Mark Briscoe for the gold at Showdown 3! All of this and much more tonight on FUSION. Don't you dare change that channel. FUSION starts now!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Mr. Wrestling II, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Lizmark Jr, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

In dark matches, Dropkick Murphy defeated Evan Karagias and Rainman defeated Jody Fleisch. [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the opening match of the evening La Parka defeats Christian York by pinfall in 3:38 following the Sky Twister Press. (C-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Becky Bayless is backstage with Trent Acid and Julio Dinero as they prepare for their tournament match with the SATs. [B]"Trent as you get ready for your match tonight with the SATs, do you find yourself looking ahead to the Briscoe Brothers?"[/B] [B]"Not in the least Becky. We're going to take care of this Horseman style, one match at a time. Tonight Los Maximos get their los teeth kicked down their los throats. Then, come SHOWDOWN 3, the Briscoe Brothers will get theirs and the Horsemen will add more gold to the most elite organization in sports."[/B] Julio takes the mic from Becky and gives her a little wink. She's clearly disgusted but stays put. [B]"Its pure and simple sweet cheeks. Me and Trent are the pinnacle of tag team perfection, the best team in the world. There's no way in hell that a couple of rejects from that sewer known as Brooklyn are going to beat two premiere athletes like ourselves. Trent Acid. The Xtreme Heartthrob. The next tag team champions of the world and if you're real good darlin', maybe I'll let you celebrate with the big boys when we bring home the gold. Let's go Trent. We got some asses to kick!" [/B] (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Trent Acid and Julio Dinero defeat the SAT in 18:09 following a distraction by Jack Victory which leads to Trent's devastating new finisher, the Acid Reflux. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] As the show comes back from commercial, the screen goes black for a moment until a message appears. (B-) [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [SIZE="1"][B][COLOR="Blue"][B]Who or what is the Danger Zone?[/B][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Lauren Jones contributes to sending the overzealous hormones of teenage boys into overdrive as she fires the new Briscoe Brothers t-shirt (available now on NWAwrestling.com!). (A*) [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Gratuitous Lauren Jones shot.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Steve Corino is all business as he heads to the ring to defend his title flanked only by Masato Tanaka. He ignores poor Becky Bayless's request for comments. (A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Steve Corino defeats Nigel McGuiness by pinfall in 14:01 following the Old School Explusion. The Englishman put up quite the fight however as he gained several near falls especially an extremely close count following the Tower of London. (A)[/QUOTE] Rating: B+

In dark matches, Dropkick Murphy defeated Evan Karagias and Rainman defeated Jody Fleisch. [QUOTE][CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] In the opening match of the evening La Parka defeats Christian York by pinfall in 3:38 following the Sky Twister Press. (C-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Becky Bayless is backstage with Trent Acid and Julio Dinero as they prepare for their tournament match with the SATs. [B]"Trent as you get ready for your match tonight with the SATs, do you find yourself looking ahead to the Briscoe Brothers?"[/B] [B]"Not in the least Becky. We're going to take care of this Horseman style, one match at a time. Tonight Los Maximos get their los teeth kicked down their los throats. Then, come SHOWDOWN 3, the Briscoe Brothers will get theirs and the Horsemen will add more gold to the most elite organization in sports."[/B] Julio takes the mic from Becky and gives her a little wink. She's clearly disgusted but stays put. [B]"Its pure and simple sweet cheeks. Me and Trent are the pinnacle of tag team perfection, the best team in the world. There's no way in hell that a couple of rejects from that sewer known as Brooklyn are going to beat two premiere athletes like ourselves. Trent Acid. The Xtreme Heartthrob. The next tag team champions of the world and if you're real good darlin', maybe I'll let you celebrate with the big boys when we bring home the gold. Let's go Trent. We got some asses to kick!" [/B] (B-)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Trent Acid and Julio Dinero defeat the SAT in 18:09 following a distraction by Jack Victory which leads to Trent's devastating new finisher, the Acid Reflux. (B)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] As the show comes back from commercial, the screen goes black for a moment until a message appears. (B-) [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [SIZE="1"][B][COLOR="Blue"][B]Who or what is the Danger Zone?[/B][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Lauren Jones contributes to sending the overzealous hormones of teenage boys into overdrive as she fires the new Briscoe Brothers t-shirt (available now on NWAwrestling.com!). (A*) [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Blue"][B]Gratuitous Lauren Jones shot.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Steve Corino is all business as he heads to the ring to defend his title flanked only by Masato Tanaka. He ignores poor Becky Bayless's request for comments. (A)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] Steve Corino defeats Nigel McGuiness by pinfall in 14:01 following the Old School Explusion. The Englishman put up quite the fight however as he gained several near falls especially an extremely close count following the Tower of London. (A)[/QUOTE] Rating: B+

First Mr. Wrestling III now the Danger Zone, Nwa always has me guessing... Paul E. Dangerously comes first to mind, but since he is contracted by The E...I'm guessing Allison Danger Fusion was pretty uneventful this week...Extreme Horseman was almost a no-brainer and the buildup for Nigel challenging Corino was rather lackluster... I realize you cant give it all away on free TV with Showdown 3 coming... Oh and BTW, Thank you for the Lauren Jones shot

First Mr. Wrestling III now the Danger Zone, Nwa always has me guessing... Paul E. Dangerously comes first to mind, but since he is contracted by The E...I'm guessing Allison Danger Fusion was pretty uneventful this week...Extreme Horseman was almost a no-brainer and the buildup for Nigel challenging Corino was rather lackluster... I realize you cant give it all away on free TV with Showdown 3 coming... Oh and BTW, Thank you for the Lauren Jones shot

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday July 28th, 2006. Wade Keller: Okay Bruce shifting gears over to the NWA for a bit, they're a little more than a week away from SHOWDOWN 3. How strong a main event do you think Masato Tanaka versus D'Lo Brown in a Last Man Standing match is? Bruce Mitchell: Well for one, I have to question the logic of not having Steve Corino wrestle on this show. I know that he is going to be in Tanaka's corner and will probably play a part in the match but Corino is generating huge amounts of heat. He is easily the most over guy in the entire company so I don't know why you wouldn't want him wrestling on one of your major shows. That being said, I think it is a good, but far from great match. WK: I agree. It doesn't make a lot of sense. For that matter, neither does Colt Cabana not having a match. He's been picking up some steam himself lately. How about the tag team title match? BM: This should be a good one. It seemed liked these would be the two teams that would be here when the whole thing started but in this case, I think it was the right move. Dinero in particular has developing a good character and I think it should make for a good match. WK: What about this big announcement about the future on their company that they will make at Showdown 3? Any thoughts as to what that can be? BM: Well it could be one of several things. I know they've been trying to get a second hour out of the Fuse network but I know they also have their eyes on moving to a bigger network to get more exposure. I know they'd love to get on Spike but I'm pretty sure both TNA and the UFC would be opposed to that. We will have to see. I'm sure it will be something along those lines. I highly doubt they'd be blowing the budget to bring in a Bill Goldberg or someone like that, especially since they're walking a very fine tightrope financially from what I've heard. WK: How about the Danger Zone? Any thoughts on that? BM: Well if there is one thing the NWA has proven to be good at, its creating speculation. A lot of people are saying that it's Allison Danger. I've heard some outside rumors of Paul Heyman but I think he's still locked up with Vince. WK: He is. I've also heard people mention "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock which would be interesting considering his history with Tito Ortiz. It would make sense if his body can hold up at this stage of the game. My other thought was maybe Lou E. Dangerously. I don't believe he is under contract to ECW. Okay we will talk more about Showdown 3 next Friday before the show. Now I want to hear what you think about the Wrestlemania 23 rumors of Hulk Hogan taking on Ozzy Osbourne in a "Reality Dad Rumble" match.......[/B]

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B]Excerpt from the Bruce Mitchell Audio update on PWTorch.com for Friday July 28th, 2006. Wade Keller: Okay Bruce shifting gears over to the NWA for a bit, they're a little more than a week away from SHOWDOWN 3. How strong a main event do you think Masato Tanaka versus D'Lo Brown in a Last Man Standing match is? Bruce Mitchell: Well for one, I have to question the logic of not having Steve Corino wrestle on this show. I know that he is going to be in Tanaka's corner and will probably play a part in the match but Corino is generating huge amounts of heat. He is easily the most over guy in the entire company so I don't know why you wouldn't want him wrestling on one of your major shows. That being said, I think it is a good, but far from great match. WK: I agree. It doesn't make a lot of sense. For that matter, neither does Colt Cabana not having a match. He's been picking up some steam himself lately. How about the tag team title match? BM: This should be a good one. It seemed liked these would be the two teams that would be here when the whole thing started but in this case, I think it was the right move. Dinero in particular has developing a good character and I think it should make for a good match. WK: What about this big announcement about the future on their company that they will make at Showdown 3? Any thoughts as to what that can be? BM: Well it could be one of several things. I know they've been trying to get a second hour out of the Fuse network but I know they also have their eyes on moving to a bigger network to get more exposure. I know they'd love to get on Spike but I'm pretty sure both TNA and the UFC would be opposed to that. We will have to see. I'm sure it will be something along those lines. I highly doubt they'd be blowing the budget to bring in a Bill Goldberg or someone like that, especially since they're walking a very fine tightrope financially from what I've heard. WK: How about the Danger Zone? Any thoughts on that? BM: Well if there is one thing the NWA has proven to be good at, its creating speculation. A lot of people are saying that it's Allison Danger. I've heard some outside rumors of Paul Heyman but I think he's still locked up with Vince. WK: He is. I've also heard people mention "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock which would be interesting considering his history with Tito Ortiz. It would make sense if his body can hold up at this stage of the game. My other thought was maybe Lou E. Dangerously. I don't believe he is under contract to ECW. Okay we will talk more about Showdown 3 next Friday before the show. Now I want to hear what you think about the Wrestlemania 23 rumors of Hulk Hogan taking on Ozzy Osbourne in a "Reality Dad Rumble" match.......[/B]

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER][B]NWA SHOWDOWN 3, SATURDAY NIGHT AUGUST 5th AT 9PM EST![/B] Photobucket [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="7"][B][COLOR="Blue"]MASATO TANAKA VERSUS D'LO BROWN: LAST MAN STANDING!!![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] The stakes couldn't be higher in this violent clash. If D'Lo wins, he will become the number contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and will receive a shot at Steve Corino. If he loses, he will not be eligible for a title match for a period of one year! Masato Tanaka will have Corino in his corner and D'Lo will have "Classic" Colt Cabana in his. [CENTER][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FINALS: THE BRISCOE BROTHERS VERSUS TRENT ACID AND JULIO DINERO [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [/CENTER] The gold is on the line in this showdown between arch-rivals. Can the Xtreme Horsemen claim another title or will the young and hungry Briscoes add to their growing legacy by winning their first World tag team title? In addition: [CENTER] [FONT="Impact"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]CHRIS HERO VERSUS DOUG WILLIAMS FOR THE NWA NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT] [FONT="Impact"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]FATAL FOURWAY #1 TAG CONTENDER BOUT: TEAM PUNISHMENT VS THE SATs VS THE BRITISH INVASION VS GEDO AND JADO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT] [B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"][FONT="Impact"]REMATCH FROM FUSION, MR WRESTLING III VERSUS VAMPIRO PLUS A $10,000 INVITATIONAL OVER THE TOP ROPE BATTLE ROYALE[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] All this and much more on NWA SHOWDOWN 3

From NWAwrestling.com [CENTER][B]NWA SHOWDOWN 3, SATURDAY NIGHT AUGUST 5th AT 9PM EST![/B] Photobucket [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="7"][B][COLOR="Blue"]MASATO TANAKA VERSUS D'LO BROWN: LAST MAN STANDING!!![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] The stakes couldn't be higher in this violent clash. If D'Lo wins, he will become the number contender to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and will receive a shot at Steve Corino. If he loses, he will not be eligible for a title match for a period of one year! Masato Tanaka will have Corino in his corner and D'Lo will have "Classic" Colt Cabana in his. [CENTER][B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Blue"]NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FINALS: THE BRISCOE BROTHERS VERSUS TRENT ACID AND JULIO DINERO [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [/CENTER] The gold is on the line in this showdown between arch-rivals. Can the Xtreme Horsemen claim another title or will the young and hungry Briscoes add to their growing legacy by winning their first World tag team title? In addition: [CENTER] [FONT="Impact"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]CHRIS HERO VERSUS DOUG WILLIAMS FOR THE NWA NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT] [FONT="Impact"][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]FATAL FOURWAY #1 TAG CONTENDER BOUT: TEAM PUNISHMENT VS THE SATs VS THE BRITISH INVASION VS GEDO AND JADO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT] [B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"][FONT="Impact"]REMATCH FROM FUSION, MR WRESTLING III VERSUS VAMPIRO PLUS A $10,000 INVITATIONAL OVER THE TOP ROPE BATTLE ROYALE[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] All this and much more on NWA SHOWDOWN 3

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com With just days to go before NWA SHOWDOWN 3, FUSION makes one final stop, this time in Lakeland, Florida. The Jenkins Arena is bracing for a rampage by the King of the Monsters, as Matt Weise takes on "The Anarchist" Doug Williams just days before his shot at Chris Hero's NWA North American title. In addition Mr. Wrestling III will be in action against the masked luchadore Lizmark. Expect a clash in styles as the technical master tries to ground the high-flyer. Plus Team Punishment will clash with the Headhunters as they prepare for the Fatal Fourway #1 contenders match at SHOWDOWN 3. All this and much more on FUSION, live Wednesday night 9pm, only on FUSE!

[CENTER]Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] From NWAwrestling.com With just days to go before NWA SHOWDOWN 3, FUSION makes one final stop, this time in Lakeland, Florida. The Jenkins Arena is bracing for a rampage by the King of the Monsters, as Matt Weise takes on "The Anarchist" Doug Williams just days before his shot at Chris Hero's NWA North American title. In addition Mr. Wrestling III will be in action against the masked luchadore Lizmark. Expect a clash in styles as the technical master tries to ground the high-flyer. Plus Team Punishment will clash with the Headhunters as they prepare for the Fatal Fourway #1 contenders match at SHOWDOWN 3. All this and much more on FUSION, live Wednesday night 9pm, only on FUSE!

[B]Wednesday August 2nd, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B] "We are live at the Jenkins Arena in beautiful Lakeland, Florida and this is FUSION! I'm your host Scott Hudson." "And I am Mister James E. Cornette. We are just days away from NWA SHOWDOWN 3, from its huge main event, from new tag team champions, and from the epic top secret announcement but first we have a great night of NWA action for you here headlined by the King of the Monsters, Mister Mean himself, Matt Weise taking on the Anarchist, Doug Williams." "Should be a great match. That match and much more is next. Let's not waste any time and head straight to the ring. FUSION starts now!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Mr. Wrestling II, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Lizmark Jr, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

[B]Wednesday August 2nd, 2006, 9PM EST[/B] [CENTER]Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/CENTER] [B] "We are live at the Jenkins Arena in beautiful Lakeland, Florida and this is FUSION! I'm your host Scott Hudson." "And I am Mister James E. Cornette. We are just days away from NWA SHOWDOWN 3, from its huge main event, from new tag team champions, and from the epic top secret announcement but first we have a great night of NWA action for you here headlined by the King of the Monsters, Mister Mean himself, Matt Weise taking on the Anarchist, Doug Williams." "Should be a great match. That match and much more is next. Let's not waste any time and head straight to the ring. FUSION starts now!"[/B] Cut to opening montage which features shots of NWA legends Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Mr. Wrestling II, Terry Funk, Ernie Ladd, Jack Brisco, Antonino Rocca, Barry Windham, The Road Warriors, Nikita Koloff, Arn Anderson, The Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, The Rock-N-Roll Express, and Ricky Steamboat spliced in with shots of today's stars of the NWA, Steve Corino, Tito Ortiz, D'Lo Brown, Masato Tanaka, Matt Wiese, Vampiro, Mr. Wrestling III, Colt Cabana, Chris Hero, The Briscoe Brothers, La Parka, Doug Williams, Lizmark Jr, and Trent Acid. The screen goes black for a moment and the motto of the NWA appears, OUR TRADITION BUILDS LEGENDS. The theme song of FUSION is Burn by the Cure

Archived