T-Zone v2 is out

To my knowledge T-Zone ver2 has 3 new feds Blood Sweat & Ears (Ontario's new top promotion since BCW died) Nu Wrestling Entertainment (second coming of WWA in Europe) One Pro Wrestling (some britsh fed that uses big names like Christian)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=panix04]and all the rosters are up to date? Mat give this a whirl, the old T-zone was pretty good, just a little bit easy though. But very in-depth[/QUOTE] is that a serious question? I think the obvious point of a real life roster update is to have updated rosters.

Guest KingEdge
"this is awesome!" *clap clap clap clap* :) thank you VERY MUCH forla, it is much appreciated I'll look at it to correct mistakes, if there's any

Huzzah! After a couple of years, it looks like the T-Zone people finally "got it" and made data that conforms to the way the game was designed. Very nice, but there are a couple of problems... A bunch of wrestlers have no profiles at all, especially in NCW. The profiles on many WWE wrestlers need to be updated: as an example, Armando Alejandro Estrada's says that he's still a new signing to OVW, and Brian Kendrick's seems to be over a year old and still references his release from the company. The money seems a little off for some of the promotions, as FIP has more money than AAA and CMLL [i]combined[/i]. That can't be right.

Thanks Canada lots of great info there and hope to get more from you on BSE. I was gonna add UWA but half their roster I can't find info on and only a handful are already in the update, ie Chris Bishop, Lionel Knight. I thought i'd made them team inactive, probs did it on the old version before laptop blew. Isn't Dux only in team Canada for the X cup, thats why i didnt add team Japan etc because they arent long term. Sal Hamauoi(sp) is a very rich owner of many nightclubs and he also has illegl dealings some believe, hence FIP money. As for new feds, off the top of my head i think i added 4, NWE, BSE, wZw and 1pw

Guest KingEdge
there's 2 feds that aren't included, Stampede Wrestling (who recently restarted) and WWC, the puerto-rican fed of Carlos Colon. Maybe I'm wrong, but they deserve to be in it since they are quite known also, there is several mistakes in birthdate : for example, Trinity is billed to be 27 or she will turn 35 this year

I tell the same to everyone so don't take it personally but about the feds just because a fed is well known it doesn't have to be in the update. I mean to please everyone id need to have every fed in the world in. Trinity point noted

[QUOTE=forlan]Thanks Canada lots of great info there and hope to get more from you on BSE. I was gonna add UWA but half their roster I can't find info on and only a handful are already in the update, ie Chris Bishop, Lionel Knight. I thought i'd made them team inactive, probs did it on the old version before laptop blew. Isn't Dux only in team Canada for the X cup, thats why i didnt add team Japan etc because they arent long term. Sal Hamauoi(sp) is a very rich owner of many nightclubs and he also has illegl dealings some believe, hence FIP money. As for new feds, off the top of my head i think i added 4, NWE, BSE, wZw and 1pw[/QUOTE] I have a feeling Dux will stick around. Dux is D'Amore's last REALLY tight "boy" that he hasnt brought down. Team Canada is basically D'Amore's squad. I think he'll have staying power, especially since Team Canada will stick around, unlike a team japan or something.

If you're going to look at adding UWA Hardcore, you might want to look at adding the regular UWA out of Ottawa ... they use a lot of TNA workers (Bobby Roode is their Heavyweight Champ) [url]http://www.universalwrestlingalliance.com/[/url] is the website.

[QUOTE=Harts4Life]If you're going to look at adding UWA Hardcore, you might want to look at adding the regular UWA out of Ottawa ... they use a lot of TNA workers (Bobby Roode is their Heavyweight Champ) [url]http://www.universalwrestlingalliance.com/[/url] is the website.[/QUOTE] To my knowledge (UWA in Ottawa isnt that well know in Sothern ontario where wrestling is hot) the UWA in Ottawa is pretty unreliable and dont run shows often with top talent. UWA Hardcore is an easy add because more then half of their roster is already in the game. Only name on their next card I know at all is Hickster. And I go to more shows then anyone in Ontario. According to their last results only 3 people in UWA at this point are addable. Roode, Sinn, & Roberts. you a fan of theirs? how much do they draw? If it isnt above 400, I dont think they are worth the effort of adding 20 guys.

thanks a lot. But i still feel that all workers (especially wwe) are extremely overated. i mean danny basham an average of b popularity all over america?? it makes it extremely easy to have a good show and takes the fun away in my opinion. still, who am i to complain? can't imagine the work that's gone into this and would like to to just say thank you for your hard work.

[QUOTE=manmagoonbt]Are the pics in your pic pack released for this version a pic for every guy your update???? If not where can I get pics for the rest?[/QUOTE] Unfortunately not, I think it just plugs the gaps... plus its only a 10mb file and thats prob roughly 400 pics I imagine Anyway, thanks to Panix04, we've uploaded all the original KYKY pic packs Go [url="http://fsphost.com/joose2001/tew/"]HERE[/url] and download all the files PEOPLE1 -17 Thats about 5000+ pics all together and should sort you out for the majority

[QUOTE=wotto29]thanks a lot. But i still feel that all workers (especially wwe) are extremely overated. i mean danny basham an average of b popularity all over america?? it makes it extremely easy to have a good show and takes the fun away in my opinion.[/QUOTE] wotto, I really think you should take a look at [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8667"]this thread[/URL]. It explains a lot about why the ratings are what they are. While I'd agree with you that some of them seem kinda bloated (not just in T-Zone, in ALL mods that include WWE, TNA, RoH, etc), the fact remains that those ratings might be very close to real life. You see it in sports all the time. A team wins a championship and all of a sudden, even the waterboy is being offered the sun, moon, and stars (see: Dexter Jackson of the Buccaneers after they won the Super Bowl). It's not that the worker him/herself is all that extraordinary, but they're seen as better because of the benefit of their association with a "big time" organization. So if WWE is say A* in most domestic regions, then most of their workers can be expected to be C or better, if only because of their association with the company. Most casual wrestling fans who follow WWE probably couldn't tell you who 'Damaja' is/was but they can probably tell you who The Bashams are. Likewise, they probably don't know who Linda Miles is but if you say 'Shaniqua', they more than likely know ("Oh, the black chick with the whip who was the Bashams manager, right?"). But that's one reason why I generally avoid the WWE/TNA themed mods. Makes it damn hard to be challenging when even Funaki and Maria Kanellis have B+ overness worldwide (or similar examples). You know, it's possible to have a B+ rated match between Maria and Mariko Yoshida based solely on Maria's overness. That's not reality to me but it does fit the general definition of 'overness' in TEW (Mariko Yoshida would chew Maria up and spit her out skill-wise but the casual wrestling fan wouldn't care about the wrestling, in theory). But forlan, this is good. Very good. Looks like you've been monitoring those threads that complained about the problems with v1. :)

[QUOTE=Remianen]wotto, I really think you should take a look at [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8667"]this thread[/URL]. It explains a lot about why the ratings are what they are. While I'd agree with you that some of them seem kinda bloated (not just in T-Zone, in ALL mods that include WWE, TNA, RoH, etc), the fact remains that those ratings might be very close to real life. You see it in sports all the time. A team wins a championship and all of a sudden, even the waterboy is being offered the sun, moon, and stars (see: Dexter Jackson of the Buccaneers after they won the Super Bowl). It's not that the worker him/herself is all that extraordinary, but they're seen as better because of the benefit of their association with a "big time" organization. So if WWE is say A* in most domestic regions, then most of their workers can be expected to be C or better, if only because of their association with the company. Most casual wrestling fans who follow WWE probably couldn't tell you who 'Damaja' is/was but they can probably tell you who The Bashams are. Likewise, they probably don't know who Linda Miles is but if you say 'Shaniqua', they more than likely know ("Oh, the black chick with the whip who was the Bashams manager, right?"). But that's one reason why I generally avoid the WWE/TNA themed mods. Makes it damn hard to be challenging when even Funaki and Maria Kanellis have B+ overness worldwide (or similar examples). You know, it's possible to have a B+ rated match between Maria and Mariko Yoshida based solely on Maria's overness. That's not reality to me but it does fit the general definition of 'overness' in TEW (Mariko Yoshida would chew Maria up and spit her out skill-wise but the casual wrestling fan wouldn't care about the wrestling, in theory). But forlan, this is good. Very good. Looks like you've been monitoring those threads that complained about the problems with v1. :)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE-D-lyrium]Popularity is basically made up of two parts. The first part is how well the wrestler is known. In Antonio's case, 8.0% indicates that only really people who've been to MAW shows will know who he is at all. The second part, is how much of a **** they actually give. This often reffered to as 'how "over" a worker is'. For example, most WWE fans, and most wrestling fans in general, have heard of Sho Funaki. He's known around the world: Little Japanese guy who jobs a lot in the WWE. Therein lies the key though; nobody cares about the Funaki character, due to the way the WWE have written it. While I'm sure Sho himself has many friends, is a well liked person and is actually a competent English speaker, the actual character is just a jobber who makes people laugh and can barely speak English but tries anyway. Therefore he's not at all "over", although people DO know who he is. So he's averagely popular.[/QUOTE] Just highlighting the important part there. Therefore: Say WWE is 85% over in US and ROH is 40% Jamie Noble was effectively nothing a year or so ago! People recognised him, but no one cared at all (Due to WWE mismanagement perhps?). However, when he went to ROH he was a main eventer and top-level champ. Therefore it is fair to say that his overness was around 40% mark, low-level WWE, top-level ROH? Is that fair? Therefore, taking an example from T-Zone, Danny Basham is 65% over in the WWE, which itself is 80& over in the US. Which leads to his popularity being a little high? Just an example for those who think said popularity is too high. HOWEVER, with anything below that high-popularity, WWE would not get the ratings, sell-out crowds and prime-time spots that they do now. Thus, it comes down to a choice between either too high overness or too low ratings, attendance and possiblity of losing the time slot. Forlan has opted for the latter and as a result the popularity has suffered. I have opted for the former and my ratings/tv/attendance is inaccurate. And so the problem continues...

You're right, of course TCP. Problem is, you fall into a 'chicken or egg' kind of quandary. The Jamie Noble thing leads me to believe that he may have been a main eventer in RoH because his in-ring skillset fit their promotion type (which I assume is a major consideration for ROH, moreso than for WWE, at least) AND he was somewhat known as a result of his association with "the big dog". But which was more important? And you're right about overness affecting more than just the worker. In v1 of T-Zone, WWE almost always opened up by releasing 3 women (usually Torrie Wilson, Stephanie McMahon, and Jacqueline) whenever I played with all areas active. Those were, I believe, the 3 least over women on the roster. So it creates a situation where the numbers game can work against the player or even the AI. With no lifetime contract, how does the AI know that WWE would never, ever, ever fire or release Steph? It doesn't. And if a player takes over WWE, even if the DB says she has a lifetime deal, it reverts to written, doesn't it? Wait, that's if a player takes over as owner. The part you quoted is an explanation but it doesn't fit the binary nature of gameplay. Someone with A* overness in an area can have a match with a couch and still pull out a C or better. If you put 'em in the ring with something with a pulse, you might even eke out an A. But like you said, it just creates a situation where you have to choose which side you're going to err on when making a mod.

[QUOTE=MrCanada]To my knowledge (UWA in Ottawa isnt that well know in Sothern ontario where wrestling is hot) the UWA in Ottawa is pretty unreliable and dont run shows often with top talent. UWA Hardcore is an easy add because more then half of their roster is already in the game. Only name on their next card I know at all is Hickster. And I go to more shows then anyone in Ontario. According to their last results only 3 people in UWA at this point are addable. Roode, Sinn, & Roberts. you a fan of theirs? how much do they draw? If it isnt above 400, I dont think they are worth the effort of adding 20 guys.[/QUOTE] I haven't been to a show yet, but they've started playing South Eastern Ontario, in arenas that could easily fill 500 - 1000 ... so it could be worth at least taking a look ...

By the way, the original link (for TZone V1) seems to be broken, so I can't get v2 working on mine, since I didn't originally d/l v1. Any chance of getting v1 put up on the mirrors, or a standalone version of v2 up for us late-bloomers?

Archived