T-Zone v2 is out

A look at the matches in the last 3 Impacts. each show is 60 mins. In the game sports entertainment feds need 25% angels. Times provided by 411mania.com's Impact reports. 4-27-06 Rhino vs Abyss 8:39 Dutt & Shelly vs Team Japan 6:28 Samoa Joe vs Lethal 9:34 Total match time 24:41 less then 1/2 of the show 5-4-06 AMW vs Daniels & AJ 10:11 Shocker & Magno vs Young & Devine 6:01 C.Cage vs Shelley 11:13 Total match time: 27:25 almost 1/2 of the show 5-11-06 Sabin vs Puma 9:05 Abyss vs Stevens 2:14 AJ, Daniels,Rhino vs AMW & Roode 8:52 Total match time: 20:11 a little over 1/3 of the show Some of these matches were interruped by commerical breaks too. As you can see there is not enough time devoted to matches for this to be cutting edge. And as for the PPV's don't forget that TNA runs TONS of hype videos as well as some interviews and other angles. Even the the PPVs would fit in to sports entertainment. Just because they have a lot of talented guys does not mean they are booked like a cutting edge fed.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isint there anyone who agrees with me? While its true that TNA does do some heavy sports entertainment angles, its the matches that everbody loves to see. What put TNA on the map in the first place. The X-Division thats what, and the X-Div is all about wrestling. Contrary to what guys like Mr. Canada and Batista say, the X-Div can encomposs any style and just screams talent. Its like AJ said, its not about weight limits, its about no limits. Thats why a guy like Samoa Joe is so popular, the guy can go with anybody, and will prove that when he chokes out Scott Steiner tonight. Thats why I think TNA fits in cutting edge, because it uses both sports entertainment aspects and mixes it with great wrestling.

[QUOTE=The Stallion]Isint there anyone who agrees with me? While its true that TNA does do some heavy sports entertainment angles, its the matches that everbody loves to see. What put TNA on the map in the first place. The X-Division thats what, and the X-Div is all about wrestling. Contrary to what guys like Mr. Canada and Batista say, the X-Div can encomposs any style and just screams talent. Its like AJ said, its not about weight limits, its about no limits. Thats why a guy like Samoa Joe is so popular, the guy can go with anybody, and will prove that when he chokes out Scott Steiner tonight. Thats why I think TNA fits in cutting edge, because it uses both sports entertainment aspects and mixes it with great wrestling.[/QUOTE] TNA is Sports Entertainment, they just do not focus on storylines and angles to the ridiculous degree that WWE does.

Who cares what TNA is..If you think that it's Sports Entertainment then leave it but if you want them something else change it to that. I personally think that most companies should and could be considered Sports Entertainment because not every company has 100% of their time on actual wrestling.

If you don't want it to be sports entertainment, go to the editor and change their style. *sigh* It's Forlan's data so if he wants it to be sports entertainment, thet's the way it is. I personally think it's a mix of both, but with all the old WCW guys coming back it's leaning towards the sports entertainment side. (Their wrestling skills aren't that good anymore, if they ever were...)

[QUOTE=The Stallion]Ouch![/QUOTE] THAT'S MY LINE! I think they're a mix of older stars and young spot monkey-ish X-Stars. The reason I like TNA is I actually enjoy the matches, and am very used to WWE, so they make a nice change. They're like a halfway house between WWE and ROH (Far too long and without storylines, they get a bit boring).

Becausew their site doesn't have Roster information unless they changed the site and it was hard to keep up with them, i'd add them back if there was anywhere to find out their roster and champions and such as UKFF never seems to mentions Hammerlock.

• 2 weeks later...
gerweck reported it 4 days ago. [quote]A reliable source has informed GERWECK.NET that JAPW Tag Team The SAT (Spanish Announce Team), Jose and Joel Maximo, have been signed to ECW Contracts. They are the first independent tag team to be signed to the new promotion. They have a booking with JAPW in a "Loser Leaves JAPW" Cage match against the Outcast Killaz on June 17th. It is rumored that SAT will lose this match and then become dedicated members of the ECW Roster which is slated to begin Weekly TV shows as early as the week after One Night Stand. credit: gerweck.net[/quote]

The very same day [quote] ECW News Update To correct false reports that have appeared on other websites, the SAT's (Jose & Joel Maximo) have NOT signed with ECW in any way, shape or form. The DOI talked with Joel Maximo today, and Joel said while of course he'd love to be there, no deal has been made. The SAT, who hold at least three sets of indy tag titles that I'm aware of, were called today by various promoters asking when they could drop the belts, due to these false reports. In another ECW update, the DOI is hearing rumors from reliable sources that ECW scouting agents are interested in The Briscoe Brothers, The SAT, & Xavier. Supposedly, ECW is also interested in Homicide. As of this writing, Homicide is not contracted to TNA, and in the best case scenario for his career, there could be a possible bidding war between ECW & TNA for his services. Again, to set the record straight, the SAT's have not signed or agreed to any terms with ECW yet, but obviously they'd be interested in going there if offered a contract. Sean "The MiC" McCaffrey [email]BULLSMC@aol.com[/email] [/quote]

AAA stuff Add Joe Lider to Mexican Power Mexican Power are all heels Add the stable "Los Guerreros" to AAA members: Sangre Chicana, Mocha Cota, & La Fiera (all heels) remove Mascarita Sagrada Jr. Nosawa Chris Stone Super Calo delete El Angel(double of Oscar Sevilla/his current gimmick) Relationship update: Lady Apache has divorced/split from Electroshock Make Electroshock inactive, because Konnan (who books the AAA TV) hateshim, he isn't being booked. Konnan-Electroshock: Hate CMLL stuff: LA Park has turned heel Referee's Terror Chino & Babe Richard are also heels. Add the NWA Middleweight title, champion Black Warrior Add the UWA Heavyweight title, champion Dr. Wagner Jr. Remove Misterioso Tiger Mask (Sayama) The Toryumon workers Rocky Romero Tineblas Jr. Veneno Add Leobardo Magadan (heel announcer, probably in his 30's) Roberto Rangel was born in 1932 in August Mascarita Sagrada Jr./|Tzuki was born in 1976 Your missing a large chunk of the CMLL undercards. The must adds: [URL="http://www.luchawiki.com/index.php?title=Category:Current_CMLL_wrestlers"]http://www.luchawiki.com/index.php?title=Category:Current_CMLL_wrestlers[/URL] Maximo El Salsero (Current gimmick El Hijo de Pierroth La **** Texano Jr. Stuka Jr. Tigre Metallico Fire Pierrothito Mini Olimpico (current mini champion Vaquero Jeque X-Fly/Mosco de La Merced Original ( current gimmick Pierroth Jr. Pequeno Damian 666 Pequeno Halloween Shockercito Sombrita Sombra de Plata La Amapola Rey Tigre Mascara Purpura Misterioso II Toryumon: make Hajime Ohara the NWA Welterweight champion

Guest Ransik
Ok I've got one for ya forlan. Why did I spend 6 hours making an update for ETWA workers when you didn't use it or even keep the company in? :P

!!new relationship!! Forlan dislikes Ransik (adds to TEW) :D [quote]Joey Mercury has been sent to drug rehab effective immediately and he will be out of action indefinitely. Besides all the heat Melina and Johnny Nitro have, that was one of the reasons as to why MNM split up the way they did. Also, Mercury was supposedly the "glue" of the team, and basically the point man in regards to laying out most of their matches. Another possible culprit of WWE's drug testing procedures is none other than Chris Masters. There is a good chance that Masters will be taken off the road for an indefinite period of time. There is no specific reason as to why he may be taken off the road, however, it was said that "your first guess would be the correct guess." source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter[/quote] I guess both should be set to steriods. And all 3 members of MNM should be set to inactive with the group itself being split up.

[QUOTE=Ransik]Ok I've got one for ya forlan. Why did I spend 6 hours making an update for ETWA workers when you didn't use it or even keep the company in? :P[/QUOTE] Send me it and i'll add it, the file you sent me was on my laptop before it blew

on the TNA subject i agree there more sports entertainment then anything but what do you guys expectthem to build mega stars without hiring any to job and make new stars...TNA is still focusing on there home grown talent just not as much at the time...there letting ppl like Steiner,Nash and Rhino have good credible runs at the top and they will slowly phase them out and job them some as Jarrett did for Samoa Joe and as Rhino did for Bobby Roode...TNA is just going through a stage at the time...in time they will phase out all the older guys to a lower role and ppl like AJ,Joe,Daniels and Even Sabin will get nice runs at the top...but hiring the older guys is whats best for the company in the long run so they can make new stars by jobbing older guys Excuse any spelling or bad grammar as i dont do good on either lol

A few well known ex-WWE/WCW workers would be a boon to TNA, it's true, but right now it seems as though they're singing anyone with any name value, and pushing them to the top. While this is fine when the wrestlers can perform in the ring, placing them in situations that seem guaranteed to expose their limitations isn't going to do anyone any favours. If TNA were dead set on elevating their home grown talent by having them emerge as victors in feuds with ex-Big Two talents, then workers likes Billy Gunn and B.G. James would be long gone - they no longer have any rub to give, but TNA keeps them around. Even worse, four years after TNA kicked off, Jeff Jarrett is [I]still[/I] in the Main Event, [I]still[/I] using that guitar at every chance and [I]still[/I] doing the exact same routine he's been doing since his last run in WWF in 1999. In the four years that TNA has been around, he's been NWA champion for more than half that time, if my maths is right. He should be used to put more people over, more than anyone, but hes not. Still, TNA seem to understand that while the X-Division is great, it's not ideal [I]just[/I] to build your fed around the smaller talents. It's good to see Christian Cage, Sting, Raven and Rhino getting the chance to shine again after misuse/long absence, but if the price we pay is extended exposure for Nash, Steiner and Jarrett, it's arguably too much. I hope that you're right and that the homegrown stars will start to move up the rankings as the name workers put them over, but I don't see it happening soon.

OK, in regards to TNA, I have to add my two cents because I am a huge fan. This is what TNA does, it hires big names to get exposure, and then showcases there younger guys. And James Casey, how can you say Jeff Jarrett does not put younger guys over, when at the last PPV, he cleanly put Samoa Joe over, no questionable call, no cheating, he hit Jarrett with the Muscle Buster and got the pin. Now at the next PPV it is rumored that he will be going up against Scott Steiner, and if I am right, Joe will get the win there as well. Jarrett as the champion made sence during those years. TNA did not have a huge Heavyweight roster and the guys that came in, left in a few months anyway. Now that TNA is getting national exposure on Spike TV, Jarrett has stepped almost totally out of the World Title picture. I think that this four way rivalry between Samoa Joe, Scott Steiner, Sting and Jeff Jarrett will go for a little while (Joe just needs to drop the X-Title to someone like Senshi), while Christian Cage will be the first guy to hold onto the World Title in the King Of The Mountain match and go on to face many others. TNA knows what it is doing, trust me on that. They cant afford to make mistakes like putting the World Title on somebody that the general public does not want to see.

[QUOTE=The Stallion]OK, in regards to TNA, I have to add my two cents because I am a huge fan. This is what TNA does, it hires big names to get exposure, and then showcases there younger guys. And James Casey, how can you say Jeff Jarrett does not put younger guys over, when at the last PPV, he cleanly put Samoa Joe over, no questionable call, no cheating, he hit Jarrett with the Muscle Buster and got the pin. Now at the next PPV it is rumored that he will be going up against Scott Steiner, and if I am right, Joe will get the win there as well. Jarrett as the champion made sence during those years. TNA did not have a huge Heavyweight roster and the guys that came in, left in a few months anyway. Now that TNA is getting national exposure on Spike TV, Jarrett has stepped almost totally out of the World Title picture. I think that this four way rivalry between Samoa Joe, Scott Steiner, Sting and Jeff Jarrett will go for a little while (Joe just needs to drop the X-Title to someone like Senshi), while Christian Cage will be the first guy to hold onto the World Title in the King Of The Mountain match and go on to face many others. TNA knows what it is doing, trust me on that. They cant afford to make mistakes like putting the World Title on somebody that the general public does not want to see.[/QUOTE] Killings, AJ and several others were given the belt *COUGHRHINOCOUGH* and were given terrible runs that lasted TOPS 2 weeks. Then Jarrent quickly took the belt from them. The only person who has come close (not even) to having the length of reign Jarrett had was Shamrock. Raven is the only other credible person who has held the belt for any length of time. TNA fans were telling TNA to put the belt on Monty for close to a year. Has he been champ yet? No. Is he ready ring-wise, no, but is he over and have charisma? Yes. Every time it looked like Monty was gonna get the belt, he put everyone over from Hardy to Jarrett to Christian. The best thing that can possibly happen to TNA is to 1) get Jarrett out of the politics 2) get D'Amore off booking. D'Amore has done nothing but push his BCW cronies in TNA. The only people who have any talent from BCW are Petey and Devine. Yet D'Amore is so insistant on shoving his BCW 'boys' down our throats and getting them over.

Archived