Suggestions for future versions

<p>Things that didn't make the cut for TEW2020 that I would like to see in the future:</p><p> </p><p>

- Options for more frequent turns</p><p>

Fan tolerance to turns as part of products. Real life Classic Southern Rasslin' would allow people to switch back and forth within a few weeks without penalty.</p><p> </p><p>

- Alliance leadership</p><p>

Option for one promotion to be the 'figurehead' of an Alliance. Let them mediate disputes between workers and potentially have final say over title switches.</p><p> </p><p>

- Optional travel restrictions</p><p>

For realism, give people the chance to reduce workers being able to travel to three countries in three days every month.</p><p> </p><p>

- Tryouts</p><p>

Handshake deal workers can be invited to try out with a bigger company. They don't necessarily leave, but go away at a date in the near future not clashing with one of your shows (unless they're mercenaries when they might just go without your permission) and can impress their way into a contract.</p><p> </p><p>

- Reduce penalties for holding cards in unfamiliar areas</p><p>

Popularity in an area doesn't necessarily equal fanatical reaction. In this game WWE could do Wrestlemania in front of 500 people in a barn and get great results, while they'd get a worse rating doing it in front of 15,000 in New Zealand. </p><p> </p><p>

There should be a travel cost if you're going too far out of your own country to discourage booking tiny Indian companies at Madison Square Garden but within reason the popularity of the location shouldn't poison a show to viewers in the fed's hot areas.</p><p> </p><p>

- More backstage sleaze (especially at lower level events)</p><p>

No shows are very rare. I'd also like to see the very occasional worker holding you up for more money before they go appear.</p><p> </p><p>

- An all-time win/loss table for each federation</p><p>

Would be interesting viewing in long term games, and with filters could be used to simulate rankings.</p><p> </p><p>

- More options for workers who are leaving permanently</p><p>

For instance even if their new employer has a show that conflicts with yours they might agree to let the worker appear one more time so they can put somebody over (especially if there's a good relationship). This would also tie into worker attitude and happiness with your company. Good personalities could even come to you when they sign elsewhere and say they've already negotiated to stay for another week, month, show etc... if you want them to. For everyone else you would ask the new employer when your worker is hired away.</p><p> </p><p>

- More freelancer variance</p><p>

I just remove all freelancers from the database before starting, I can't stand seeing your Dean Malenkos or Ricky Steamboats still clinging to freelance status several years into a game. They rarely change status so it needs to be more dynamic.</p><p> </p><p>

- Expanded news options</p><p>

The 2020 system is a good step forward, but I'd like to be able to set particular companies/countries etc... and choose what information I want to get about them. You might want to know about every contract offer in WWE and not a tiny company, but you do want to know when somebody in that company is injured.</p>

As described by the game "Freelancer" is supposed to simulate the Japanese Freelance system. It shouldn't really be used for people in the USA (bar a few special cases). In 2016 someone like Ricky Steamboat probably should just have had a high "Mercenary" personality rating. I don't have the list of Attributes in front of me right now, but there are some that do something similar to that

2020 allows you to turn off the turn penalties entirely in the User Preferences if you want to stimulate this.

Thanks for this suggestion, I don't like to bend the rules too much but it's a workaround if I need to do something unusual with a turn.

As described by the game "Freelancer" is supposed to simulate the Japanese Freelance system. It shouldn't really be used for people in the USA (bar a few special cases). In 2016 someone like Ricky Steamboat probably should just have had a high "Mercenary" personality rating. I don't have the list of Attributes in front of me right now, but there are some that do something similar to that

I'm fine with this, just as long as mod makers understand. For now I can be comfortable in bulk editing freelance out of all non-Japanese worker profiles.