21st Century Wrestling

The Re-birth of 21st Century Wrestling For a long time I’ve sat in my living room watching the SWF, scouring internet websites tried to find info on TCW star Tommey Cornell always wishing they’d go in this direction or that, always being frustrated with their missed opportunities. I decided that perhaps I was missing out by not going to the live shows so I started going to the domestic based promotions in the UK. Ring of Fire and 21st Century Wrestling were local, Men Of Steel Combat was bigger and better established but harder to get to in the North so I rarely managed to get to their shows. After going to one of 21st Century’s shows I found myself in a pub and befriended current owner Tyler Barker and found myself working occasionally on the booking team, coming up with suggestions for storylines every now and then. Tyler was a wrestling fan, not really the corporate type, and was not a particularly successful businessman – a top notch referee, but not a very good owner. After one night’s events we found ourselves in the same pub that we first met in. Tyler turned and said to me, “Greg, I’ve known you for a long time and you’ve always been a good friend to me so now I come to you and ask you for a favor. I’m in serious financial debt, I lost a lot of money at the races and now the banks are after all I own. 21st Century Wrestling is worthless in their eyes and I’m gonna be declared bankrupt. I’ve given up on wrestling now, I’m closing the business and I’m gonna get a real job. I was wondering, would it be possible to get a loan, you know just till I’m back on my feet again.” I responded, in a state of shock at what I was hearing, “Tyler, I don’t like to have my friends owing me large amounts of money… (a long silent pause) but you know what, how about I buy 21CW off of you and hire you back as referee and advisor.” Silence. “You know it would mean that you wouldn't owe the banks anymore and you wouldn’t have to give up on your dreams of being involved in wrestling.” Tyler responded, “You know what, you’ve got yourself a deal…” And that was it, the start of a new era of 21st Century Wrestling, the start of a new chapter in my life and the start of the downfall of all the other wrestling promotions in the UK. And if the other owners don’t like it, well, I’m the boss and I don’t give a damn!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[SIZE="4"][B]WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE[/B][/SIZE] - Saturday, Week 2, December 2005 from Aston Hall (attendance 812) We are welcomed to the first night of 21CW under new ownership as the new owner Greg Absalom comes to the ring with a smile on his face, he states that he is tired of people failing to lift their performances to the level he demands and as a result he is going to ring in the changes. The first of these changes are the sacking of colour commentator Arson Wells and lead announcer Kevin Jordan [B](F)[/B] to be replaced by Joan Evans (Colour commentator) and Salty Larry (Lead Announcer). [B](E)[/B] [B]Match 1 - singles[/B] Rod ‘the God’ Todd def. Ultra Fly in a dominating performance [B](C-)[/B] [I]slight improvement in Ultra Fly’s stats and an acceptable performance from both workers.[/I] Nick Adams and Merle O'Curle have an argument backstage over who is the greatest technical wrestler in the history of this promotion which leads to Adams challenging Merle O’Curle to a match up for his 21st Century Strong Style title which O’Curle accepts. [B](F)[/B] [I]- is anyone good on the mic?[/I] [B]Match 2 – Submission[/B] - Merle O'Curle def. Nick Adams in a close match which could have gone either way until O’Curle locked in the Celtic Wreath and makes his first defense of the 21st Century Strong Style Title. [B](C-)[/B] [I]Improvement in Merle's performance and another solid match up.[/I] [B]Match 3 - singles[/B] Pit Bull Brown def. Travis Cool as he got a handful of tights for the pinfall just as Cool was starting to build up some offensive momentum. [B](C-)[/B] [I]- solid match from our champion and budding superstar.[/I] Greg Absalom comes out and announces that he is tired of Brown’s cheating to win matches and as of now Pit Bull Brown is no longer needed and is fired [B](D)[/B] to be replaced by Tom 'The Clown' Moore as the new champion we need “a great champion for a great company”. [B](C)[/B] [I]- pit bull brown held this bit back, no wonder I fired him![/I] The announcers put over the fact that the boss has just arranged a match to decide the role of no 1 contender to Moore’s title featuring Johnny Highspot vs. Danny Patterson and is scheduled as the main event for tonight[B](C-)[/B] [B]Match 4 - tag team[/B]. Suicide Agents def. Anglo - Scots Connection in a match which saw both Genocide and Suicide Agent dominating from start to finish without ever needing to get out of first gear. [B](D)[/B] [I]- gotta think about the Anglo - Scots as they held back our tag team champs in this match when I was expecting better.[/I] . Danny Patterson cuts a promo hyping up his forthcoming match up against Johnny Highspot stating, new champion or not, he was the only worker who deserved a shot at the title and Highspot would learn this tonight. [B](C)[/B] [I]- good stuff Danny[/I] [B]Match 5 - no 1 contender match[/B], Danny Patterson def Johnny Highspot with Highspot looking dangerous and Patterson being unable to keep Highspot down for even a two count until the referee was knocked down and Patterson took a crowbar to Highspot’s head. [B](C+)[/B] [I]- great chemistry, horrifically brutal, despite a lack of selling and Danny being exhausted by the end it was the star match of the night but...[/I] Greg Absalom comes to the ring and announces that was the worst match he'd ever seen. He would not stand for such horrific act of violence and from this moment on, no referee would ever be abused again in such a way. “Danny Patterson – your fired!” (boos from the crowd) “Judging from the crowd’s reaction I’m guessing they don’t like my decision much. Well in that case I’m gonna… still fire you, you worthless excuse for a wrestler. And if the fans don’t like it well, I don’t care, cause I’m the boss and I don’t give a damn!” [B](D)[/B] [I]- yeah, should have left the night finishing after the match, oh well[/I] [U]Notes [B](C)[/B] [/U] Overall the show increased our popularity which is a good start. Used myself far too much which hurt the show, not to mention some of the ratings I got – but [I]I[/I] am the boss and who cares what the audience thinks! Lost $3,000 on that show, time to get rid of those big money wastes of space Arson Wells and Kevin Jordan as well as bringing to an end Patterson and Brown’s illustrious careers with 21CW. N.B. Tom ‘The Clown’ is a created wrestler by myself whose creation is a joke I had with a mate. His stats and popularity are above the average for British wrestlers and he’s also recently been signed by MOSC.

[SIZE="5"]MONTH REVIEW[/SIZE] Despite losing $3000 on that show we made a total profit for the month of $7000 which shows that the gamble of bringing in the big money signings looks as though it'll pay off. The wrestler of the year awards are in and due to only one month's events having taken place most of the awards haven't been awarded to anyone and the ones that have aren’t really worth mentioning. The following have been released from their contracts at 21CW: Arson Wells, Kevin Jordan, Danny Patterson (who got an offer to work for MOSC and accepted it) and Pit Bull Brown. The following have been signed: Kathleen Lee (manager), Joan Evans, Salty Larry, Tom ‘The Clown’ Moore, Uppercut Bailley (road agent) + one other major signing yet to be unveiled. [SIZE="5"]WRESTLER REVIEW – A CHANCE FOR THE FANS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT A 21CW EMPLOYEE EACH MONTH.[/SIZE] [B]JOHNNY HIGHSPOT.[/B] Highspot is a talented high flier whom has been on the main event scene of the 21CW for a very long time now without ever really getting a title reign that his talent deserves. With a high level of stamina, a great set of mental stats and a decent level of technical ability it isn’t hard to see why he puts on so many matches which are constantly up to a high standard, often ending matches with his trademark “High Five” finisher. The only things holding him back are his below average entertainment skills which weigh heavily against him. Looking at recent results, he recently lost a tough number one contender match against Danny Patterson after getting hit with a crowbar moments before Patterson was sensationally fired by new boss Greg Absalom. He showed enough potential in this match to indicate that there will be many more title opportunities in the future for this talented wrestler. [SIZE="5"]Coming up this month at Estranged[/SIZE] Our new 21st Century World Champion, Tom 'The Clown' Moore will make his first appearance in the ring. Also, who is the no 1 contender for the title? What possibly could top last weeks big announcements? Who else will face the chop as the new owner of the business continues trying to make a dramatic impact upon the industry? Turn up on Saturday, Week 2 January live from the Paddington Club in the South of England.

[SIZE="4"][B]ESTRANGED[/B][/SIZE] – Saturday, Week 2 January from The Paddington Club (attendance 204) The night is kicked off by Merle O’Curle coming to the ring and taunting Nick Adams claiming that he ended the career of the greatest has-been technical wrestler in the history of the 21CW last month at 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. [B](F)[/B] – [I]not totally unexpected, need to find him a manager.[/I] [B]Match 1 – singles[/B]. Merle O’Curle def. Davey London by DQ in an even affair after Davey Celtic interfered in the match and hit Merle O’Curle after O'Curle had locked in his Celtic Wreath on London. [B](D)[/B] [I]Not sure what to make of this match - hoping they just didn't click and both will deliver better in the future.[/I]. Greg Absalom came out to the ring and announced that Davey Celtic was holding back his tag team partner. The boss stated that London will never accomplish anything with his so called friend around. He goes on to say that in London’s best interests Davey Celtic is fired from the company effective immediately. [B](E)[/B] [I]– come on lad turn it around.[/I] [B]Match 2 – tag team.[/B] The Elimination Agents def. The Party Animals for the tag team championships in yet another dominating victory for the tag team champs. [B](D)[/B] [I]– need to find another decent tag team to give the Agents some competition.[/I] Next up backstage we see Red Dragon asking boss Greg Absalom for a title shot when Johnny Highspot walks in and declares that, in the absence of Danny Patterson and his crowbar, he is the rightful no 1 contender. When they finally stop arguing, the boss clears his throat and declares that he just doesn’t care what either of them want. He states that if it’ll get them both out of his face then he’ll give them both a match, a no 1 contender match, tonight. [B](D)[/B][I] – just not living up to last month.[/I] [B]Match 3 – singles[/B]. Rod ‘the god’ Todd def. Brilliant White in an even match up between two high flying superstars whom both took to the top rope at every opportunity until 'the god' was finally able to take control and get the pinfall. [B](C-)[/B] [I]– despite them not clicking this was a good match, will this signal an upturn?[/I] [B]Match 4 – singles.[/B] Tom ‘the clown’ Moore def. Stardust in a match he dominated from start to finish to prove himself “the most worthy champion in the history of this promotion” as the special guest announcer Greg Absalom declared. [B](C-) [/B][I]again the upturn continues, a solid debut match for our new champ.[/I] The boss then announces that he has made an even bigger signing than Tom ‘the clown’, even bigger than the defection of Jack Bruce to the SWF, even bigger than his ego! And this new signing is…… going to debut next month at Shotgun Blues. [B](D)[/B] [I]– obviously our new boss isn’t capturing the audience’s imagination at the moment.[/I] [B]Match 5 – singles for no 1 contender.[/B] Johnny Highspot def. Red Dragon in a ladder match to become the no 1. contender. The contendership looked to be heading to Red Dragon as, with Highspot apparently knocked out, he began to climb the ladder. Out of nowhere Highspot found the strength to get back up and climb the ladder too. At the top of the ladder both wrestlers pummeled each other until Dragon could no longer continue and fell from the ladder leaving Highspot to reach up and grab the contract to a title shot at 21CW CIVIL WAR. [B](C)[/B] – [I]great match, Highspot is well worth his title shot on the basis of his last two match ups.[/I] Tom ‘the clown’ Moore appears on the stage and declares that it doesn’t matter who is the no 1 contender, in the end he will always be the champion and “the joke will always, be on you”. [B](B-)[/B] – [I]a great ending and our new champion is gonna carry this promotion to new heights[/I]. [U]Notes [B](C-)[/B][/U] The show increased the promotion’s popularity and I suppose that it was a satisfying result after that opening sequence of Fs Es and Ds, thank god for Johnny and Tom. Lost $7000 on that show, its my own fault for not checking the size of the show I was holding that cost me that much money. Also holding the show in the South of England lead to the downturn in attendance although if we are to increase our reputation worldwide we have to diversify to other areas. Another note is that Brilliant White turned up late and was warned as to his future conduct. This was also Davey Celtic’s final appearance as he has been released from his contract and the company wishes him well in the future.

[SIZE="5"]MONTH REVIEW[/SIZE] Overall made a profit of $2,700 for the month which is pretty impressive considering how much we lost at Estranged and the fact that both events have improved our popularities leaves the company in good stead. [SIZE="5"]WRESTLER REVIEW[/SIZE] [B]GENOCIDE AGENT and SUICIDE AGENT - THE ELIMINATION AGENTS.[/B] These two are the current 21CW Tag Team champions and are a very dominating pair who have been together for a long time. With their attacks focusing mainly on a hard hitting array of power moves, this means that smaller wrestlers need to focus on this tag teams lack of speed and slightly suspect stamina levels in order to gain the upper hand. Whilst wrestling wise they have similar attributes Suicide Agent is by far the stronger of the team in front of the mic and this often shows in interviews. Their recent results have seen 2 D rated matches which these two will be looking to build upon in the near future even though they have picked up two victories in both these matches as they look to continue their title reign. [SIZE="5"]Coming up this month… Shotgun Blues.[/SIZE] The biggest signing in the company’s history, according to boss Greg Absalom, will debut! Will he live up to his billing, what will happen in the no 1 contender scene as Johnny Highspot takes on Rod ‘the god’ Todd in a warm up match before his title opportunity? How will Davey London react to his partner being fired at the last event as he prepares for a tag team match up against the elimination agents – who will be his partner? Can anyone stop Merle O’Curle’s winning run? Will the new boss be able to top his previous announcements made so far? Come and see 'Shot Gun Blues' live, from The Paddington Club.

[SIZE="4"][B]SHOTGUN BLUES[/B][/SIZE] – Saturday, Week 2 February from The Paddington Club (attendance 285) The night kicks off with Johnny Highspot coming out and vowing to take the 21 Century World Championship title off Tom ‘the clown’ Moore at 21CW Civil War. Highspot says he doesn’t care how ‘the clown’ got his title but at Civil War he’s going to take the title off him and this is “no laughing matter” (D) – might be awesome in the ring, not very good on the mic. [B]Match 1 – Singles[/B]. Merle O’Curle def. Thunderbolt in a match he again dominated with him again locking in the Celtic Wreath. [B](D)[/B] – [I]he needs to give me something extra in his matches.[/I] Merle O’Curle is celebrating when Nick Adams runs in and attacks him from behind [B](F)[/B] – [I]evidently Adams’ career wasn’t quite ended![/I] After Adams has left the arena and the paramedics are tending to the injure Merle, Nick Adams vs Merle O’Curle is announced for 21CW CIVIL WAR in an attempt to end this running feud. [B](F)[/B] [B]Match 2 – Singles.[/B] Red Dragon def. Ultra Fly in a pretty standard back to forth match although Dragon always had a degree of control in the match[B].(D)[/B] – [I]disappointing as they didn’t click which affect the match.[/I] Next up the boss comes to the ring and gives Davey London a choice: he can either pick his own partner or he will pick a partner for him [B](F)[/B] London says he doesn’t want a partner and will take them both on, on his own in a tribute to his departed partner. Greg Absalom states “you know, I really don’t care what you want.” and introduces his partner, Glen Ward, stating, “If you don’t like it, tough, cause I’m the boss and I don’t give a damn!” [B](E)[/B] – [I]everyone showed some sort of improvement so not to disappointed despite the poor rating.[/I] [B]Match 3 – tag team[/B]. The Elimination Agents def. The Anglo – Scotts Connection in a match where the Anglo – Scotts showed a reluctance to work together which in the end cost them the victory - The Elimination Agents are no push overs! [B](E)[/B] – [I]a worry is that Ward and London didn’t seem to click and I was going to give them a couple of storylines. I’ll persevere though on the assumption that they were just selling the story really, really well![/I] Red Dragon is walking backstage and sees the mystery new signing and appears shocked [B](E)[/B] – [I]this is just painful now though I kind of deserved it considering Dragon’s acting ability and guessing what his shocked expression looked like i think i should have found someone else - my bad[/I]. [B]Match 4 – singles.[/B] Tom ‘the clown’ Moore def. Brilliant White in another impressive performance for our new champion [B](C-) [/B]– [I]thank god for that clown.[/I] [B]Match 5 – singles.[/B] Johnny Highspot def. Rod ‘the god’ Todd in a good warm up match. Despite the fact that Tom ‘the clown’ Moore ran in and attacked Highspot during the match, Highspot was able to regain the upper hand and hit his finisher, the ‘High Five’ and secure the pinfall. [B](C)[/B] – [I]sheer brilliance as this feud is carrying the company.[/I] Johnny Highspot and Tom ‘the clown’ Moore are in the ring about to lock up when out of nowhere Jack Giedroyc hits the ring and completely destroys our champion and no 1 contender. The show closes with Giedroyc standing tall over both wrestlers, whom were both feeling the affects of their beatings at the hands of Giedroyc. [B](C)[/B] – [I]Giedroyc, our new signing came out of this looking good which again bodes well for the company.[/I] [U]Notes [B](C-)[/B][/U] Another show which increased our popularity despite everything going wrong before the fourth match. Whilst our main eventers are performing well, everyone else needs to look at themselves and step up to the plate. Lost $10,000 on that show which isn’t good enough although if the end of month sponsorship and merchandise pulls us back to break even I’ll be happier. For those of you unfamiliar with the UK scene Jack Giedroyc is one of the biggest names in UK wrestling with an all round talent that is very rarely seen in UK based wrestlers.

[SIZE="5"]MONTH REVIEW[/SIZE] Overall made a $700 loss for the month which, when taking previous month’s profits into account, can be accepted. [SIZE="5"]WRESTLER REVIEW[/SIZE] [B]TOM ‘THE CLOWN’ MOORE[/B] The current 21st Century World Champion after Pit Bull Brown had his title stripped off of him and presented to Moore at 21CW Welcome to the Jungle in the first night of Greg Absalom’s new regime. Moore is a hugely talented wrestler whom doesn’t have any weaknesses whose greatest strength is his ability to connect with fans and this is important as Absalom seeks to build the future of the company around him. Recent results have seen Moore remain unbeaten since he arrived, carrying two lesser wrestlers to a better match than they normally would have achieved. Moore also represents UK based wrestling promotion MOSC at main event level although he has yet to win any belts. [SIZE="5"]The Build up to 21CW Civil War[/SIZE] After last weeks events, the main event has been changed so it will now be a three way battle for the 21st Century World Championship featuring; Jack Giedroyc, Johnny Highspot and current champion, Tom ‘the clown’ Moore. Also in an attempt to end the grudge between Nick Adams and Merle O’Curle they will meet each other in a … steel cage shoot fight match for the 21CW Strong Style Title. Also in action, the newly reformed Anglo – Scotts Connection take on The Party Animals (Rave and Trance) and Red Dragon will take on Brilliant White. Come and watch the drama unfold, because I guarantee the drama will rival anything else seen in 21CW to date…

[SIZE="4"][B]21CW CIVIL WAR,[/B][/SIZE] Saturday, Week 2 March, from Aston University Sports Hall (attendance 842) [B]Match 1 – Shoot Fight[/B], for the 21st Merle O’Curle def. Nick Adams in a match which was packed with submission holds which swayed back and forth. The finish came when Adams, clearly feeling the affects of the length of the match was unable to wrestle his way out of the Celtic Wreath and was forced to tap out. [B](C-)[/B] – [I]a good start to an action packed night.[/I] Nick Adams is leaving the stage when Merle O’Curle reappears and powerbombs Adams through the stage with Adams being stretchered out of the arena – possibly for the last time. [B](F)[/B] – [I]yeah he needs a manager[/I] [B]Match 2 – Tag team.[/B] The Anglo – Scotts Connection (Davey London and Glen Ward) def The Party Animals (Rave and Trance) The reformed Anglo – Scotts still had some problems in terms of team work but their previous failings were less evident as they managed to pick up the victory when Davey London pinned Trance. [B](E)[/B] – [I]Rave held the match back and I’m getting tired with their lack luster performances.[/I] Backstage Davey London tells Glen Ward that, whilst he maybe a half decent wrestler, Davey London doesn’t want a new tag partner to replace his former partner and friend. He states that the Anglo – Scotts are over and now he just wants to focus on singles success. [B](D)[/B] – [I]nearly back to the expected standard[/I] [B]Match 3 – singles[/B] Travis Cool def. Stardust in a clash of styles with Stardust looking to use high flying maneuvers and Cool using a combination of power and technical maneuvers to wear down Stardust and eventually get the pinfall with the ‘How Cool’ [B](D)[/B] – [I]Travis is promising, stardust frustrating.[/I] Johnny Highspot and Tom ‘the Clown’ are backstage discussing Giedroyc and how it would be best for them to team up and take him out in their match first so they can then set about settling their own grudge without any interruption. [B](B-) [/B]– [I]Tom was the star, Johnny held him back.[/I] [B]Match 4 – singles[/B] Red Dragon def. Brilliant White in an open match which could have gone either way with Red Dragon just about getting the pinfall victory. [B](C-) [/B][I]The build up to the main event continues as this match was to just carry on the building up of momentum[/I]. Jack Giedroyc is in an interview before the match up and declares that this week, the boss, is going to have to find two new replacements as neither Moore or Highspot will be able to or want to wrestle after the beating their about to get. [B](C)[/B] – [I]nicely done lad.[/I] [B]Match 5 – Triple Threat[/B]. Tom ‘the clown’ Moore def Johnny Highspot and Jack Giedroyc. The match started with Highspot and Moore teaming up to try and eliminate Giedroyc from the match until Giedroyc is thrown from the ring. With Giedroyc out of the picture, Moore and Highspot turn on each other with Highspot getting the advantage. Just when it looked as thought the match was about to end with Highspot setting Moore up for the ‘High Five’, Giedroyc nailed Highspot with a steel chair before calmly leaving the ring. As Highspot got to his feet, Moore hit him with ‘The Joke’ and got the pinfall. [B](C+) [/B]– [I]very pleased with that main event but we’re not done yet...[/I] After the match Johnny Highspot is taking a beating at the hands of Giedroyc and Moore with the both of them looking to add insult to injury in the set up they’d planned all along. The situation looks bleak until out from the back come Payback comprising of Danny Patterson and Pit Bull Brown; the two workers fired on the opening night of the new regime. They chase both Giedroyc and Moore out of the ring, saving Highspot from suffering a more serious beating. [B](C-)[/B] – [I]let down after previous segment but still pleased[/I] [U]Notes [B](C)[/B][/U] Another success with the shocking formation of an alliance by Moore and Giedroyc only being topped by the shock return of two great 21CW legends who have formed a new tag team together called Payback. Overall the show made a loss of $2,500 which is not too disappointing and the improvement in popularity will certainly boost future attendances.

• 2 weeks later...
[B][SIZE="5"]MONTH REVIEW[/SIZE][/B] At the end of the month the promotion made a $4,200 profit which was encouraging, especially considering the number of wrestlers we’ve just had to give new contracts to. Nick Adams has been released from his contract and we bid him farewell, despite him putting on many high quality matches Merle, he was deemed to not have the right image and we weren’t really sure what to do with him except for give him one last blow out and put over O’Curle. A new tag team has just been signed called Euro Fighter featuring two young future stars; Filip Schulz and Phillip McMahon who will debut at this month’s event. [SIZE="5"][B]Coming up… Knocking on Heavens Door.[/B][/SIZE] How will Moore and Giedroyc react to the return of Patterson and Brown, not to mention the boss who fired them 3 months ago? Have London and Ward really split up for good, defying the wishes of the boss? What next for O’Curle after ending the career Adams in a brutal attack? Find out at Knocking on Heavens Door coming live from Aston University Sports Hall.

[SIZE="4"][B]Knocking on Heavens Door[/B][/SIZE] – Saturday, Week 2 April from Aston University Sports Hall (attendance 817) The boss, Gregory Absalom appears and states that both Danny Patterson and Pit Bull Brown do not work for the company, he has not resigned them, he has no desire to resign them and they have no place in wrestling, let alone this promotion. He goes on to say that if they appear at tonight’s event they will be treated as trespassers and security will ensure they will be arrested if they appear. [B](D)[/B] [B]Match 1 – tag team.[/B] Euro Fighters (McMahon and Schulz) def. The Frequent Fliers (Ultra Fly and Thunderbolt) with Schulz picking up the pin over Thunderbolt in this tag team’s debut night. [B](E)[/B] – [I]The Euro Fighters don’t work well as a team apparently which is pretty standard for my newly formed tag teams![/I] Merle O’Curle comes out and announces that in light of his recent successes, he needs a manager; someone to manage his image, someone to get him title shots, someone to improve his popularity. His new manager is none other than ROF’s very own seductress… Kathleen Lee [B](F)[/B] –[I] she’s hot ok and deserves a job![/I] [B]Match 2 – singles.[/B] Merle O’Curle def. Rave after Kathleen Lee distracted the referee so O’Curle could hit a low blow and put him in a the Celtic Wreath (he really does love that move) [B](D)[/B] –[I] pitty they didn’t click, could have been a good match otherwise.[/I] After the match Merle and Kathleen Lee are celebrate his victory with a frustrated Rave looking on. [B](C-)[/B] [B]Match 3 – Singles.[/B] Genocide Agent def. Davey London. In Davey London’s first taste of singles action without being able to count on any support he was up against a real force in 21CW, one half of our tag team champions, Genocide Agent. With London looking impressive, Suicide Agent ran in and attacked Davey London with the referee’s back turned allowing Genocide Agent to pick up the win. [B](C-)[/B] After the match Genocide and Suicide Agent are double teaming Davey London when Glen Ward runs out and rescues his former tag team partner, saving him from a worse beating [B](F)[/B] –[I] moving the storyline on[/I]. Tom ‘the clown’ and Jack Giedroyc are on the mic before thier tag match running down Brown and Patterson; stating that whilst they may be able to blindside them, two on two, in the ring, they guarantee that this time “the joke would be on them!” [B](C)[/B] [I]– what can’t these two do huh?[/I] [B]Match 4 – Tag team.[/B] Power Trip (Moore and Giedroyc) def. Suicidal Tendencies (Highspot and Stardust) with Giedroyc getting the pinfall after hitting Stardust with a chair as the referee was distracted by Moore and Highspot fighting outside of the ring. [B](C+)[/B] Power Trip are in the ring celebrating when Brown and Patterson run in and attack them again overpowering them and getting the upper hand. The show closes with Brown and Patterson standing over our champion and former no 1 contender unable to stand after the battering they have taken. [B](C) [/B] [U]Notes [B](C)[/B] [/U] Another popularity boosting show with the Brown, Patterson, Giedroyc and Moore again stealing the show. The show lost $6000 but considering the big names that the show had on it I’m not too disappointed and all the fans left the show happy which is after all the most important thing (after I’ve pocketed all their money of course). Need to find two workers who’ll actually work well as a tag team otherwise I’m gonna have to think about the future of our tag team division as I have only one tag team which can realistically have decent matches unless I want to take Johnny Highspot out of the main event scene.

[B][SIZE="5"]MONTH REVIEW[/SIZE][/B] In the British wrestling scene both MOSC and ROF have new champions as The Landlord won the MOSC UK Championship defeating Joss Thompson and ROF owner British Samurai defeated Stevie Stoat for the Ring of Fire Championship. Made a $1000 profit for the month despite the big loss made on the show and another boost of popularity again shows I’m making the right decisions at the moment. [SIZE="5"][B]Coming up... You Could Be Mine[/B][/SIZE] Boss Greg Absalom has an important announcement regarding the main event at the upcoming 21CW PARADISE CITY which is rumored to involve both members of Payback. In a huge match announced for You Could Be Mine, Tom 'the clown' Moore will take on high flying Red Dragon in a match which promises a lot of excitement. Also, Merle O’Curle and Kathleen Lee will be present as will The Elimination Agents, Rod ‘the god’ Todd, Travis Cool, The Party Animals and Euro Fighters. All this and more at You Could Be Mine…

[SIZE="4"][B]YOU COULD BE MINE[/B][/SIZE] - Saturday, Week 2 May from Aston University Sport Hall (attendance 851) Boss Gregory Absalom comes to the ring and states that the time for talking has ended. Actions speak louder than words. Having tried to do things by the book he finds that drastic times call for drastic measures. If Payback want to wrestle in this company then they can, but on his terms. And his terms are that in order to regain their places in this company then they would have to prove themselves by taking on Power Trip… at 21CW PARADISE CITY in a …..tag team hell in a cell match [B](C-)[/B] [I]that’s a better reaction for the boss.[/I] [B]Match 1 – singles.[/B] A huge match to start the night saw Tom ‘the clown’ Moore def. Red Dragon in an impressive display with Moore hitting ‘The Joke’ to finish the match [B](C+) [/B]– [I]I know its gonna go downhill from here but what a start to the show.[/I] The match is over but Moore clearly isn’t finished as he goes back over to Red Dragon and adds insult to injury by hitting ‘The Joke’ again, clearly trying to send a message to Payback ahead of their match. [B](C-)[/B] An announcement is made that tonight we will see Payback take on the Elimination Agents with the boss booking this match obviously with a view to softening them up ahead of their match at Paradise City [B](D)[/B] – [I]yeah, that’s more like it![/I] [B]Match 2 – Tag Team.[/B] Euro Fighters def. The Party Animals in a far more cohesive display than on their previous outing [B](E)[/B] – [I]starting to show potential as they worked better tonight with no messages regarding poor team work.[/I] Another match for 21CW PARADISE CITY is booked with Merle O’Curle taking on Travis Cool for the 21 Century Strong Style Title [B](F)[/B] – [I]lack of overness but soon…[/I] [B]Match 3 – Singles[/B] Travis Cool def. Rod ‘the god’ Todd in a match which would have left O’Curle with a lot on his mind as Cool looked very focused on the job and not looking to show any sign of weakness ahead of his title opportunity. [B](C-) [/B]– [I]good solid match, well worth his title opportunity.[/I] Merle O’Curle comes out to the stage and taunts Travis Cool declaring that whilst he may have a title opportunity, the only opportunity he has is to have the beating of a lifetime. [B](F)[/B] – [I]at least Kathleen is helping improve his performance skills.[/I] [B]Match 4 – Singles[/B] Brilliant White def. Ultra Fly in a pretty uneventful match. [B](E)[/B] – [I]filler match, need better lower card talent.[/I] Kathleen Lee is shown backstage psyching up Merle ahead of his match at Paradise City describing Cool as a, “part time jobber who was better suited window cleaning than wrestling.” [B](F)[/B] – [I]note to self, just wrestling matches for him.[/I] Next up Payback are on the mics and taunt Power trip ahead of their match up stating that whilst they may be the boss’ current favorites, next month they will prove that Moore and Giedroyc are simply the flavor of the month and after next month’s event, no one will remember who they were. [B](C-)[/B] [B]Match 5 – tag team.[/B] Payback def. The Elimination Agents in a match that showed neither Patterson or Brown had lost anything during their in ring absence as they were always in control against our current tag team champions. [B](C)[/B] – [I]Patterson and Genocide Agent were both struggling with the length of match which doesn’t bode well for our upcoming main event.[/I] After the match Patterson bids good night to his partner Pit Bull Brown. As Brown heads to his car he is ambushed by Tom ‘the clown’ Moore who sets about targeting Brown’s ankle, using a variety of attacks including chairs, tables and a conveniently placed hammer. [B](C)[/B] - [I]and so the scene is set for next month’s main event.[/I] [U]Notes [B](C-)[/B][/U] Unhappy with that C-, thought the talent on action tonight should have warranted at least a C. The Show lost $4000… but still, a C? Looking at it, Red Dragon may be due a push, as may Rod ‘the god’ after they both put on similarly good matches but I’m still not sure what to do as I’ve got a lot of talent whom aren’t really getting the storylines their respective talent deserves.

[SIZE="5"][B]MONTH REVIEW[/B][/SIZE] MOSC have a new champion as The Highland Warrior defeated The Landlord. In contrast, the only title change we’ve had so far is the 21 Century World Championship being stripped off Pit Bull Brown and being given to Tom ‘the clown’ Moore. I hear rumours that we are getting a bad reputation for this although this could yet change at Paradise City with both the 21st Century Strong Style title and the 21st Century Tag Team titles being up for grabs. Overall we made a $4000 profit for the month and in a strange turn women’s wrestling promotion AAA offered our 21st Century World Champion Tom ‘the clown’ a contract. Whilst no decision has yet been announced sources are speculating that if he accepts this offer it will purely be career move and the fact he’d be grappling with many hot young women will not influence his decision... [SIZE="5"][B]Coming up… 21CW PARADISE CITY[/B][/SIZE]. Payback take on Power Trip in a clash of the titans in a steel cell – a potentially career ending match. Will this end the feud or simply add more gasoline to the fire? What condition will Pit Bull Brown be in after the vicious attack he suffered at the hands of Tom ‘the clown’ Moore? Also Merle O’Curle defends his 21st Century Strong Style title; will the help of Kathleen Lee help him to success? In a last minute announcement the 21st Century Tag Team title will be defended as The Elimination Agents take on The Anglo – Scotts Connection in what is a huge opportunity for this fledgling tag team. Bring a friend as this event is going to be huge, brought to you exclusively by 21st Century Wrestling. [U][B]Matches announced[/B][/U] The Elimination Agents vs The Anglo Scotts Connection (tag team titles) Merle O'Curle vs Travis Cool (strong style title) Stardust vs Red Dragon Payback (Giedroyc and Moore) vs Power Trip (Patterson and Brown) in a steel cell match. [I]Any feedback / predictions are welcome.[/I]

[SIZE="4"][B]21CW PARADISE CITY[/B][/SIZE] – Saturday, Week 2 June from Aston University Sports Hall (attendance 810) [U]Pre-show[/U] [B]Match 1 - Tag team[/B] Euro Fighters def. Frequent Fliers when McMahon pinned a very underwhelming Thunderbolt who never got into the pace of the match. [B](E)[/B] The boss fires Thunderbolt claiming that poor performers like him have no place on world renowned shows like 21CW PARADISE CITY. [B](F)[/B] – [I]oh well, what can you do?[/I] [U]Main Show[/U] The Anglo – Scotts Connection are shown backstage hyping up their forthcoming tag team title match in a show of unity after their past problems and appear completely focused on the task in hand and winning the 21st Century Tag Team titles [B](D)[/B] – [I]promising promo from this young team.[/I] [B]Match 1 – tag team match for the 21st Century Tag Team Titles[/B]. The Anglo – Scotts Connection def. The Elimination Agents in the biggest shock in the history of 21CW. After a match the Agents dominated Glen Ward hit Genocide Agent with the ‘Karate Kid’ out of nowhere and Davey London got the pinfall to pick up the 21st Century Tag Team Titles [B](D)[/B] – [I]after that shock, what? I don’t get it, surely a C match.[/I] After winning the titles Ward and London head to the crowd to celebrate their shock victory with the fans [B](F)[/B] - [I]oh well, hope they enjoy their moment of glory.[/I] [B] Match 2 – Singles.[/B] Brilliant White def. Trance – poor match with Trance missing many spots. [B](E)[/B] - [I]last chance saloon and Trance and Rave are on their bikes.[/I] Backstage we see Kathleen Lee slipping an envelope full of money to referee Tyler Barker having apparently bribed the referee ahead of her clients match up against Travis Cool. [B](E)[/B] – [I]yeah, brilliant show so far.[/I] [B]Match 3 – Singles for 21st Century Strong Style Title[/B]. Merle O’Curle def. Travis Cool after Kathleen Lee was knocked down and the referee was attending to her, O’Curle hit Cool with the title and got the pinfall to make defense no. 3 in his title reign [B](C-) [/B]– [I]god bless Merle’s in ring performances, expect this storyline to continue though.[/I] [B]Match 4 – Singles [/B]Red Dragon def. Stardust in yet another impressive victory for the Dragon in a very even performance with lots of high flying action. [B](C-) [/B]– [I]another performance of a high standard from a wrestler who can carry most others.[/I] Power Trip (Giedroyc and Moore) are on the stage with microphones as the steel cage is being erected taunting Brown and Patterson, questioning whether Pit Bull Brown will be able to even make it down to the ring. If Brown does have trouble getting down to the ring, Giedroyc suggests that Patterson could carry him [B](B+)[/B] – [I]happy, but now I’m worried our main event will come across as a let down…[/I] [B]Match 5 – tag team – hell in the cell.[/B] Payback def. Power Trip. Brown was obviously carrying an injury as he made his way down to the ring with Giedroyc and Moore looking to exploit this from early on. All of the early running was made by Power Trip as Patterson tried desperately to shield his injured partner from the submission holds of Giedroyc and Moore. The finish came when Pit Bull Brown found some reserve of energy and saved Patterson from ‘The Joke’ allowing Patterson to hit his finisher and get the pinfall over Moore as Brown hit Giedroyc with a chair out side the ring stopping him from breaking up the pinfall. The Fans went wild as Payback overcame the odds and walked away with an impressive victory. [B](C+) [/B]– [I]not as good as the build up but still an awesome match.[/I] [U]Notes [B](C)[/B][/U] Overall another popularity increase and a loss of $6,600 on the show which will be covered by end of month profits. The low attendances can be attributed to the poor state of the economy and wrestling industry although this show should go someway to improving our popularity. After this show we’ve decided to let three wrestlers go: Thunderbolt, Rave and Trance with Danny Patterson and Pit Bull Brown having both earned new long term contracts after their victory.

[SIZE="5"][B]MONTH REVIEW[/B][/SIZE] Overall we made a profit of $700 and after making a profit nearly every month the company has decided to invest the money. Using these profits we have signed 3 new wrestlers to replace the recently released wrestlers. We’ve signed Arthur T. Turtle and a very promising European tag team The Force comprising of Jed High and Toby Juan Kanobi; both of whom have been making waves on the continent. [SIZE="5"][B]Coming up… Nightrain. [/B][/SIZE] How will Patterson and Brown follow up their victory at Paradise City? You can bet that owner Greg Absalom will have something to say on Saturday as a match featuring Travis Cool take on Danny Patterson has been announced. After the Elimination Agents’ shock defeat and loss of the tag team titles to the Anglo – Scotts Connection a rematch has also been announced. How much lower than bribing the match official can O’Curle and Lee go? Also a major announcement regarding a tournament will be made What will be the prize on offer and what form will this tournament take. The only way to find out will be to come along to the Paddington Club and find out as 21CW returns to its roots and stages a night of excitement back in its home arena, the South of England, live from the Paddington Club.

[SIZE="4"][B]Nightrain[/B][/SIZE] – Saturday, Week 2 July from The Paddington Club (attendance 285) The night is kicked off with our owner coming to the ring. He announces that after last month’s main event Pit Bull Brown and Jack Giedroyc are still struggling with knocks they picked up and will not be present with Tom ‘the clown’ Moore also being given the night off. He continues to remind the fans that Travis Cool versus Danny Patterson has been scheduled for tonight. What the crowd didn’t know was that “in the interests of fans, and both wrestlers, the special guest referee is, me, Greg Absalom!” (typical boos accompanying our boss) “you don’t like it? Well you know what I like don’t you? I like not giving a damn. Do you know why? No? Cause I’m the boss and I don’t give a damn!” [B](E)[/B] – [I]another bad segment from the boss, should have been better.[/I] Next up the Anglo – Scotts hype up their forth coming title defense against former tag team champions The Elimination Agents stating that they have no intention to give up their titles just yet. [B](E)[/B] – [I]come on lads give us something.[/I] [B]Match 1 – tag team match for the 21st Century Tag Team Championship[/B]. The Elimination Agents def. The Anglo – Scotts Connection. The Anglo – Scotts started off the match on fire obviously using the momentum they had built up from their match last month. Despite hitting many big moves they were unable to keep either of The Elimination Agents down for the three count. The Agents managed to get the upperhand and as they looked set to finish the move London managed to counter the move. Ward looked set to finish the match with the ‘Karate Kid’ but Genocide Agent reversed it and got the pinfall with the crowd looking on shocked after a very short title reign [B](E)[/B] – [I]I don’t care about the rating, it was an awesome match in my book.[/I] A 21st Century Strong Style title match featuring Merle O’Curle take on Ultra Fly is announced for 21CW LIVE AND LET DIE. [B](F)[/B] [B]Match 2 – single submission.[/B] Merle O’Curle def. Phillip McMahon with the Celtic Wreath in a match which McMahon was hugely impressive in despite being beaten. [B](D)[/B] – [I]not the greatest match but McMahon has a lot of technical potential.[/I] After the match we see O’Curle and Lee backstage. O’Curle, in a rather sheepish manner, asks Lee if she would be interested in going out on a date. To the surprise of the audience Lee accepts. [B](F)[/B] – [I]come on please.[/I] Again we are joined in the ring by the boss of 21CW. He decides he is tired of the current format of 21CW. In order to change this he is going to bring a new focus for the business. He has just created a new title, the 21st Century Ladder Championship, a title that can only be won in a ladder match. In order to decide the first champion of this title he has created a tournament. The first finalist will be decided tonight in a 6 man ladder match with the winner progressing to the final of the competition. The other finalist will be decided through a knock out stage featuring 3 matches with the 3 winners each gaining a place in a fatal 3 way ladder match at 21CW LIVE AND LET DIE with the winner meeting the winner of tonight’s match at 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. The 6 contestants tonight are; Johnny Highspot, Red Dragon, Brilliant White, Rod ‘the God’ Todd, Stardust and new signing Arthur T. Turtle. And this match is coming up next. [B](F)[/B] – [I]please god be a good match.[/I] [B]Match 3 – 6 way ladder match.[/B] Johnny Highspot def 5 other competitors in a match that had everything, people being put through tables, chairs being used and every single competitor managed to make it to the top of the ladder and look as though they were going to be able to secure their place in the final. In the end it was Highspot who was able to finally battle through and book his place in the final and guarantee himself a shot at the newly founded 21st Century Ladder Championship. [B](C-) [/B]– [I]that’s what I expect at the very least.[/I] A video plays hyping up the Patterson Cool match coming up [B](D)[/B] – [I]just to give the crowd a breather.[/I] [B]Match 4 – singles.[/B] Travis Cool def. Danny Patterson. The odds were always going to be stacked against Patterson, not least because Cool is a very talented wrestler capable of giving many a man a run for their money. Patterson looked fired up after last month’s win and, despite a number of slow counts from special guest referee Greg Absalom, looked to be in control with Cool getting hit by Patterson’s finisher and the match looked over. The finish came when Tom ‘the Clown’ Moore ran in and attacked Patterson with the referee choosing to not call the DQ but instead decided to add to the attack. A knocked out Travis Cool was draped over Patterson and picked up the pinfall. [B](C-) [/B]– [I]could have been better but I’ll take anything tonight.[/I] After the crowd has nearly dispersed we see Absalom chatting to the ring announcer Salty Larry about the show. Out of nowhere an obviously irate Danny Patterson hits the boss with a chair, attempting to gain a sense of retribution for the abuse he suffered earlier on in the night [B](F)[/B] – [I]not happy, what do I have to do to improve his ratings?[/I] [U]Notes [B](C-)[/B][/U] Apparently I was over used again - they really don’t need to tell me that I was over used, just look at the ratings I got – now those hurt the show. Very happy to have a come out with a popularity boosting show considering the number of E and F segments. Can only put this down to the fact that whilst the South is listed as our home we’re far more popular in the Midlands where most of our shows have been held so far. This was also reflected in the show make a gigantic loss of $11,000 which the end of month sponsorship and merchandise won’t cover – the things I do to appease Southerners who don’t care that much about us. A lot of unexpected results from the show, The Anglo – Scotts dropped the titles at their first defense. Travis Cool beat the heavily favored Patterson. A new title was created and Johnny Highspot won a place in the first match to decide it. Probably most shocking of all, Kathleen Lee agreed to go for a date with Merle O’Curle – even I didn’t see that one coming and I booked it!

[SIZE="5"][B]MONTH REVIEW.[/B][/SIZE] Overall the show made a $5,000 loss which is worrying and means that if we’re gonna keep visiting the south of England we’ve gotta find ways to reduce the worker costs. In contract news, both Tom ‘the clown’ Moore and Danny Patterson have extended their deals with MOSC. 21CW is proud to announce that the following have signed new contracts; Stardust, Ultra Fly, Davey London, Merle O’Curle, Joan Evans, Salty Larry and Uppercut Bailey. [SIZE="5"][B]COMING UP… GET IN THE RING.[/B][/SIZE] How will the boss react to being attacked at the end of last month’s show by Danny Patterson? You can bet he won’t take it lying down. Who will a) compete in the ladder tournament b) qualify for the final. Has the fairytale come to an end for the Anglo – Scotts? Will Kathleen Lee and Merle O’Curle actually go on a date? And will he get anywhere? Find out all this and much more as we return to the Aston University Sports Hall as 21st Century Wrestling presents ‘Get In The Ring’.

[SIZE="4"][B]Get in the Ring[/B][/SIZE] – Saturday, Week 2 August from Aston University Sports Hall (attendance 703) Out first is the boss who is clearly still upset over the vicious attack he sustained last week at the hands of Danny Patterson. He says that he has decided to mix things up at 21CW Live and Let Die. Patterson and his partner Pit Bull Brown will be involved in a match up, a no1 contender match with the winner going on to get a title shot at Welcome to the Jungle. [B](C-) [/B][I]nice start.[/I] Next up the boss goes on to address the tournament to decide the other finalist for the 21st Century Ladder Championship. The matches for the six man tournament are: Rod ‘the God’ Todd taking on Stardust, Arthur T.Turtle vs Filip Schulz and Brilliant White taking on Red Dragon and these matches will take place tonight [B](F)[/B] –[I] standard[/I] [B]Match 1 – singles ladder[/B]. Rod ‘the God’ Todd def. Stardust with Rod 'the God' Todd being the first finalist in the fatal 3 way to be decided. [B](C-) [/B]– [I]nice start for tonights matches.[/I] Next up we see footage from earlier today of Merle O’Curle and Kathleen Lee actually on their date in a restraint. [B](F)[/B] – [I]yeah, I didn’t buy it either.[/I] [B]Match 2 – singles.[/B] Merle O’Curle def Phillip McMahon in a rematch from last month’s show. Again McMahon pushed O’Curle to his limits but just couldn’t pick up the pinfall. [B](C-)[/B] – [I]another solid match which showed an improvement from last month’s ratings.[/I] The Force come out and announce that their debut in this promotion will be tonight against the team of PayBack. They finish by telling the crowd to expect fireworks as ‘the force will be with them’. [B](D)[/B] – [I]a little disappointed with their first promo for the business.[/I] [B]Match 3 – singles ladder[/B]. Arthur T. Turtle def Filip Schulz in a match which Arthur T. Turtle always looked in control. [B](D)[/B] – [I]pitty they didn’t click[/I] Next up the Anglo – Scotts Connection are seen backstage asking the boss for a chance to regain their former titles which the boss accepts and books the match, The Elimination Agents vs the Anglo – Scotts Connection for 21CW Live and Let Die. [B](D)[/B] [B]Match 4 – singles ladder.[/B] Red Dragon def. Brilliant White for the final spot in the fatal 3 way ladder match. [B](C-)[/B] – [I]2 of the 3 matches for the final produce C matches, hopefully the 3way will live up to this.[/I] Next up we see Ultra Fly walking backstage. Out of nowhere Merle O’Curle attacks Ultra Fly. With O’Curle wielding a steel chair a beating appears imminent until Travis Cool appears out of nowhere and takes the chair off of O’Curle, protecting an already injured Fly from taking any more damage. [B](F)[/B] – [I]can Merle actually do any segments well?[/I] [B]Match 5 – tag match.[/B] Payback def. The Force in an open match where Patterson and Brown showed an obvious lack of cohesion with their minds obviously on next month’s number one contender battle. Jed High and Toby Juan Kanobi worked well but in the end Payback’s superior strength advantage told in the end. [B](C-) [/B]– [I]solid debut from The Force but Patterson and Brown will have to improve if they are to maintain their main event status.[/I] After the match both members of Payback are in the ring. They stare at each other with both wrestlers refusing to back down. Whilst they don’t actually begin the battle, the tension is obvious. [B](C-)[/B] [U]Notes [B](C-)[/B][/U] Disappointment as we didn’t improve our popularity – probably because I didn’t bring out many of our big guns for this month as a cost cutting measure. Until the economy picks up I think I’m gonna have to continue using workers in this way with the big earners being left off screen for a couple of events. Expect Moore, Highspot and Giedroyc to become more heavily involved leading up to 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. Lost $4000 for the show.

[SIZE="5"][B]MONTH REVIEW[/B][/SIZE] In a major bonus for the promotion our current champion has agreed to extend his current deal by another 9 months which will guarantee that the crowds keep rolling in for events which he headlines. In a side note, both Travis Cool and Glen Ward have also just penned new contracts as well and 21CW have big plans for both of them. Overall we made a $1,700 profit for the month which is good because we’re about to bring out the big guns for the next month. [B][SIZE="5"]COMING UP… 21CW LIVE AND LET DIE[/SIZE][/B] 21CW is live again from the Paddington Club arena for an action packed night where all the big stars from the promotion will be present. Boss Greg Absalom looks as though he has finally found a way to break up the friendship of Brown and Patterson by putting them in a match to determine which of them will get a shot at the 21Century World Title. Both member of Power Trip will also be present tonight as they take on the tag team of The Force in their first in ring appearance together since their defeat at 21CW PARADISE CITY. 2 Titles will also be on the line as O’Curle defends the 21CW Strong Style Championship against Ultra Fly and The Anglo-Scotts Connection attempt to regain their titles from The Elimination Agents. Also the other finalist for the newly created 21CW Ladder Championship will be decided as Red Dragon, Arthur T. Turtle and Rod ‘the God’ Todd compete in a three way ladder match. [U][B]Confirmed Matches[/B][/U] Danny Patterson vs Pit Bull Brown - [I]winner gets a shot at the 21st Century World champion.[/I] Red Dragon vs Arthur T. Turtle vs Rod 'the God' Todd - [I]for a place in the final for the 21st Century Ladder Championship.[/I] Power Trip vs The Force Merle O'Curle vs Ultra Fly - [I]for the 21st Century Strong Style Title[/I] The Elimination Agents vs The Anglo-Scotts Connection - [I]for the 21st Century Tag Championships[/I]

[COLOR="red"][/COLOR]Having not yet done a review of the roster I feel that i've gone far enough in with this thing that people will have a fair enough idea about the individuals so that they will recognise most of the names mentioned. [SIZE="5"][B]ROSTER[/B][/SIZE] [B]MAIN EVENTERS[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Tom 'the Clown' Moore - 21st Century World Champion Jack Giedroyc[/COLOR] Danny Patterson Pit Bull Brown Johnny Highspot [B]UPPER MIDCARDERS[/B] Red Dragon Travis Cool [COLOR="Red"]Suicide Agent - 21st Century Tag Champion Genocide Agent - 21st Century Tag Champion[/COLOR] [B]MIDCARDERS[/B] [COLOR="red"]Merle O'Curle - 21st Century Strong Style Champion Rod 'the God' Todd Brilliant White[/COLOR] Stardust [B]LOWER MIDCARDERS[/B] Davey London Glen Ward Arthur T. Turtle Toby Juan Kanobi [B]OPENERS[/B] Filip Schulz Phillip McMahon Jed High [B]MANAGERS[/B] Aurora Kathleen Lee - Merle O'Curle's Agent [B]OTHER STAFF[/B] Owner - [COLOR="Red"]Greg Absalom[/COLOR] Lead Announce - [COLOR="red"]Salty Larry[/COLOR] Colour Commentator - [COLOR="red"]Joan Evans[/COLOR] Referee - [COLOR="red"]Tyler Barker[/COLOR] Road Agent - Uppercut Bailey ([COLOR="Red"]Red = heel[/COLOR]) [SIZE="4"][B]Breaking News[/B][/SIZE] It has been announced that the sole reason that The Elimination Agents accepted the match up for the 21st Century Tag Championships is that if The Anglo-Scotts Connection fail to win they will never get another shot at the tag titles again. It is not believed that The Anglo-Scotts were aware of this stipulation when the signing of the match contracts took place and has come as a shock to both Davey London and Glen Ward. When owner, Greg Absalom, was made aware of this he refused to intervene saying that if they got themselves into this mess then they probably don't deserve a title shot in the first place.

[SIZE="4"][B]21CW LIVE AND LET DIE [/B][/SIZE]– Saturday, week 2 September from The Paddington Club (attendance 285) [B]Match 1 – 3 way ladder match.[/B] Red Dragon def. Arthur T. Turtle and Rod ‘the God’ Todd in the opening match of the night. In an entertaining match which was very open, all three competitors showed off their own high flying skills with Red Dragon picking up the pinfall and securing his place in the final match up for the 21CW Ladder Championship at 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE [B](C-) [/B]– [I]solid opening to the night’s event.[/I] The Anglo – Scotts hype up their forthcoming match up. Earlier on in the week it was announced that this would be the final opportunity that the tag team would get for the titles. [B](E)[/B] – [I]if the match is a good one won’t mind this rating.[/I] [B]Match 2 – tag team match for the 21st Century Tag Team titles.[/B] The Anglo-Scotts Connection def The Elimination Agents. The finish came after Glen Ward hit the ‘Karate Kid’ but Genocide Agent was able to kick out of it. It looked as though the Agents were going to retain the titles with Suicide and Genocide lining up their finishers against Ward and London but both were able to counter the moves and both locked in submission holds with Suicide Agent being the first to tap. [B](D)[/B] – [I]was hoping for a C there[/I]. Backstage we see Kathleen Lee psyching up O’Curle ahead of his match up [B](F)[/B] In a brief interlude, we see a video hyping up the main event match of Danny Patterson against Pit Bull Brown for a shot at the 21 Century World Title. [B](D)[/B] [B]Match 3 – singles for the 21st Century Strong Style Championship.[/B] Merle O’Curle def Ultra Fly after Kathleen Lee distracted the referee and O’Curle hit Fly with the title and picked up the pinfall [B](D)[/B] – [I]not up to our champion’s usual standard.[/I] After the match, O’Curle continues the beating of Fly with Travis Cool running in and chasing O’Curle off [B](F)[/B] [B]Match 4 – tag team[/B]. Power Trip def The Force with Tom ‘the Clown’ Moore picking up the pinfall over Jed High. [B](C)[/B] – [I]can always rely on those two to deliver.[/I] After the match Power Trip make their way to the crowd as they prepare to watch the forthcoming match between Patterson and Brown [B](C)[/B] [B]Match 5 – Singles for a shot at the 21st Century World title[/B]. Pit Bull Brown def. Danny Patterson. During the early part of the match the fight was a very even encounter with both wrestlers knowing the other’s weaknesses. Patterson tried to hit some big moves early on whilst Brown focused on submission holds trying to wear Patterson down. The finish came with Patterson going for his finisher but executing it sloppily with Brown being able to reverse it and get the pinfall. [B](C)[/B] – [I]good main event match up.[/I] After the match Brown is celebrating his victory when Giedroyc and Moore run in and attack him. Patterson runs back down to the ring with a chair in hand, looking as though he has come to his partner’s aid. With Giedroyc and Moore now outside of the ring Patterson helps Brown up. As Brown gets up Patterson nails him with the chair and a three on one beating takes place with the show ending with Patterson, More and Giedroyc standing together unified. [B](C-) [/B]– a[I] heel turn for Patterson but I’m disappointed the rating for this segment wasn’t better[/I]. [U]Notes [B](C-)[/B] [/U] A little disappointed with that end rating considering some of the matches that were put on. Gotta find some better wrestlers to raise the show’s average. With this show we bid farewell to the Elimination Agents. We were hoping to carry on the storyline line a little bit longer but we failed to agree to a contract extension with Suicide Agent and decided that Genocide Agent wasn’t worth persevering with in singles so released him as well. Hopefully we will be able to work with them again when we can afford their contracts. Overall the show made a loss of $13,500 which was expected considering the number of big names we had appearing combined with where we were holding the show and the general state of the economy.

[SIZE="5"][B]MONTH REVIEW[/B][/SIZE] Overall we lost $6,000 for the month although we can afford to lose money for a couple of months as we seek to attain the ‘regional’ standing and actually make money later on after that This month saw the release of The Elimination Agents. Both were on a lot of money, with Suicide demanding a sizeable pay rise which would take him above most of our main eventers. They failed to put on good enough matches and were released. Previously I had planned on giving them the win and retain the titles only to lose them to the Anglo-Scotts at 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE but lack of other options kind of ruined this. [SIZE="5"][B]COMING UP…SWEET CHILD OF MINE.[/B][/SIZE] The build up to 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE begins in earnest here. How will Brown react to his partner turning on him after the main event? Can he overcome Patterson, Moore and Giedroyc and secure a title victory? How will O’Curle react to Travis Cool’s constant interfering in his plans? We now know the final participants to decide the winner of the 21st Century Ladder Championship, what will happen between Highspot and Dragon as we approach their title match up? Also the Anglo-Scotts will make their first title defense against the tag team of the Euro Fighters. All this and more as 21st Century Wrestling comes to the Aston University Sports Hall.

[B][SIZE="4"]SWEET CHILD OF MINE[/SIZE][/B] – Saturday, Week 2 October from Aston University Sports Hall (attendance 774) Tom ‘the Clown’ Moore, Jack Giedroyc and Danny Patterson come to the ring as the night kicks off. Patterson states that he understands why the boss Greg Absalom fired him and he has changed his ways. No longer will he go about using weapons such as crowbars. No, he will no longer cheat to win (boos). He announces that he will team with Moore and Giedroyc as they set about trying to clean up the business and they will do this by destroying Pit Bull Patterson at 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE [B](B-)[/B] – a[I] good start to the night which pulled out a good rating despite the restless crowd.[/I] [B]Match 1 – tag team titles.[/B] The Anglo-Scotts Connection def. Euro Fighters with Glen Ward pinning Phillip McMahon [B](D) [/B]– [I]Schulz and McMahon were off their games which ruined this showcase of two young teams.[/I] A match is announced for 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE featuring Merle O’Curle and Travis Cool as a way of ending their fued. [B](F)[/B] [B]Match 2 – singles.[/B] Merle O’Curle def Rod ‘the God’ Todd after he again locked in the Celtic Wreath. [B](C-) [/B]– [I]These two’s very different styles meant they didn’t click which was too surprising.[/I] Travis Cool runs out to the ring after the match and attacks O’Curle until Kathleen Lee comes to the rescue with a chair. Kathleen Lee goes for Cool but accidentally hits Merle leaving him out cold. [B](F)[/B] – [I]God damn he can’t do angles.[/I] [B]Match 3 – tag team.[/B] The Force def. Suicidal tendancies with Stardust being pinned by Toby Juan Kanobi in a shock upset. [B](C-) [/B]– [I]Highspot was off his game which isn’t what we expect from one of our star performers.[/I] Rod ‘the God’ Todd attacks Red Dragon backstage making it clear that he wants retribution after being ‘screwed’ out of a spot in the final for the 21st Century Ladder Championship. [B](F)[/B] [B]Match 4 – singles.[/B] Red Dragon def. Brilliant White despite him carrying a couple of injuries from his earlier beating at the hands of Rod ‘the God’, justifying his spot in the final of the championship match. [B](C-)[/B] – [I]Brilliant White was off his game and held this back.[/I] Its announced that the main event will be Tom ‘the Clown’ Moore, Jack Giedroyc, and Pit Bull Brown at 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE for the 21st Century World Championship [B](C)[/B] Backstage we see Danny Patterson asking boss, Greg Absalom, if he can be a special guest referee for the 3 way match up which had just been announced. The boss agrees to Patterson’s request. Patterson asks what happens if Brown is unhappy with this decision. Greg replies, “if he’s unhappy then he can come and talk to me about it and I will tell him…tough, I’m the boss and I don’t give a damn.” [B](C-)[/B] – [I]nice one boss[/I]. [B]Match 5 – singles.[/B] Pit Bull Brown def. Arthur T. Turtle with a Dog House Piledriver as he looked to build up some momentum ahead of his title shot. [B](C)[/B] – [I]Brown carried Turtle to a solid match justifying his position in the main event bracket. Turtle is showing signs that he could eventually reach that position as well.[/I] In a repeat of the previous night’s main event Patterson, Giedroyc and Moore all come out and attack Brown with all three members of Power Trip standing over the injured Brown as the show came to an end. [B](C-)[/B] [U]Notes [B](C-)[/B][/U] Gutted, 1 B- segment, 3 C segments and we finished off with a C-, which although it increased our popularity, could have been a hell of a lot better especially considering that the show made a loss of $9,000 which was expected considering the number of big names.

Archived