21st Century Wrestling

[B][SIZE="5"]MONTH REVIEW.[/SIZE][/B] We improved our popularity and made a profit of $7,700 for the month which was very pleasing, despite the last show of the month. We saw the 21st Century World Title change hands and also the unification of the Strong Style and Ladder Championship with it simply being known as the 21st Century Strong Style Title. We also saw the debut of new signings El Diablo comprising of 3 mexicans; Champagne Lover, Rafael Ruiz and Jennifer Heat. [B][SIZE="4"]From 21CW.com[/SIZE][/B] In the last month fellow UK based promotion Ring Of Fire finally went Regional. The day after this occurred, ROF immediately approached 21CW Road Agent Uppercut Bailey and offered him a contract. 21CW reacted aggressively to this and immediately declared war on the promotion, instantly contacting Petey Barnes and Merle O’Curle requesting that they cease their duties with ROF although there has been no ultimatum made. Whilst it is believed that ROF has the larger financial base, there is no doubt that 21CW has far more prestige and popularity over their competitor. The promotion has also announced that it is looking for another television company to carry its shows in Europe and has again approached a number of PPV carriers. Another promotion which 21CW has come to an agreement with is Canadian based 4C with the promotions agreeing a working agreement. Current 4C champion Joey Poison also works for 21CW and it is believed that ideas are currently being tossed around regarding the promotion going to Canada to do some shows there with Joey Poison being the main draw should any thing develop of this. [B][SIZE="4"]Confirmed Card so far for November Rain.[/SIZE][/B] 6 man battle royal for a shot at the 21st Century World Title at 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. Participants announced so far: Jack Giedroyc, Joey Poison, Tom ‘the Clown’ Moore, Arthur T. Turtle, Merle O’Curle And another wrestler whom is set to be announced at this weeks 21st Century Next Generation Superstars. [B][SIZE="4"]Coming up on this weeks 21st Century Next Generation Superstars[/SIZE][/B] With one last spot in the battle royal still to be announced, boss Greg Absalom has announced that tonight any young, talented wrestler will be given an opportunity to impress in singles action against established stars. Current 21st Century World champion Jack Giedroyc will go one on one against Stanley Slater, with Giedroyc expected to also make an announcement regarding a title defence at November Rain. Matches also booked include; Joey Poison versus Flemmy Lemming, Tom ‘the Clown’ Moore taking on Geoff Borne and Jeff Nova taking on Munemitsu Senmatsu with all four workers knowing an impressive match up could lead to them earning a place in the battle royal with the opportunity of winning themselves a 21st Century World Title match up.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thursday, Week 1 November. [B][SIZE="4"]21st Century Next Generation Superstars[/SIZE][/B], live from Parliament Square (attendance 900) [B][CENTER]PRE-SHOW[/CENTER][/B] [B]Match 1 – singles[/B]. Arthur T. Turtle drew with Merle O’Curle. The match was stopped due to Hardcore Danny Patterson running in and attacking both wrestlers with a crowbar. [B](C- for the match, E for the attack.)[/B] – [I]this probably could have made it onto the main show but I had a lot of other matches for the night that needed to book and this probably would have just been a filler match[/I]. [B][CENTER]MAIN SHOW[/CENTER][/B] [B]Match 1 – singles[/B]. Jack Giedroyc def. Stanley Slater. Whilst Slater tried to use this opportunity to showcase his talents and try and get himself included in the battle royal, Giedroyc didn’t care much about Slater’s cause and got the victory by hitting the ‘Crashing On’ after hitting a low blow which the referee missed. After the match, Giedroyc headed straight to the back, holding off his anticipated announcement regarding a title defence. [B](C+)[/B] The Showstoppers come out to the ring and announce that at November Rain they will again take on any challengers who think they are man enough to beat them as they seek to prove they deserve a title shot. [B](C-)[/B] – [I]don’t know what’s happened to their ratings![/I] On hearing this Zeus Maximillion and Johnny Highspot make their way to the ring and reveal that they have formed a tag team called the Icons Of Perfection – a very fitting description of themselves. They announce that they will face the Showstoppers at November Rain and as a warm up to the match, they will face McMahon & McMahon next. [B](D)[/B] – [I]expected really, but hopefully they’ll be more successful as a tag team then they are on their own.[/I] [B]Match 2 – tag team[/B]. The Icons Of Perfection def. McMahon & McMahon. Zeus and Highspot looked very impressive teaming together and looked to complement each others move sets perfectly. In the end Zeus got the pinfall after hitting Karl McMahon with the ‘Thunder Bolt’. [B](C-)[/B] – [I]an OK start for the tag team who showed great chemistry together[/I]. After the match Jack Giedroyc comes out to the ring, showing no sign of exhaustion after his match up. Jack congratulates The Icons and wishes them luck in their tag match up at November Rain. Jack taunts Phillip McMahon saying that he had better improve his performances if he is going to take advantage of the massive opportunity that has been thrown his way. Jack reminds the crowd that McMahon is the youngest wrestler in 21CW and says that he is going to give youth a chance to shine and reward him with a 21st Century World Title match up at November Rain. [B](B-)[/B] –[I] big opportunity here and he better deliver (on a note he was joint even youngest with Geoff Borne and Stanley Slater but I just have a hunch that McMahon might deliver here.)[/I] [B]Match 3 – singles[/B]. Flemmy Lemming def. Joey Poison. Poison looked very sluggish out there (which isn’t surprising considering the night before he had just defended his 4C title in Canada) and Lemming took advantage of this. Although Poison fought valiantly, his fatigue caught up with him, allowing Lemming to lock in the ‘Suicide Solution’ and get Poison to tap out – greatly enhancing Lemming’s chance of getting a spot in the battle royal. [B](C)[/B] – really [I]hurt Poison’s popularity recently but he’s about to get a mega push so he can deal with sharing out his popularity at the moment[/I]. [B]Match 4 – singles[/B]. Tom ‘the Clown’ Moore def. Geoff Borne. Moore dominated and the youngster Borne looked completely overawed in the match up and didn’t put up much defence to Moore’s battering. Eventually Moore got the pinfall after hitting his opponent with the ‘Circus Sweep’. [B](C)[/B] – [I]was hoping at least one of these matches would be C+[/I] [B]Match 5 – singles[/B]. Jeff Nova def. Munemitsu Senmatsu. Again Nova looked very dominating, hitting a massive running powerbomb on Senmatsu early on in the match up which his opponent couldn’t recover from and as a result struggled to build up any momentum. Having said this, Senmatsu looked a far more impressive wrestler than when he originally debuted against Nova and did manage to counter one or two moves from Nova. In the end though Nova got Senmatsu to tap out after locking in the ‘World’s Strongest Bearhug’. [B](C+)[/B] – [I]that’s more like it[/I]. After the match Greg Absalom comes out and announces the final competitor in the 6 man battle royal at November Rain, Flemmy Lemming – the only one of the hopefuls to win his match tonight. [B](D)[/B] – [I]nuts![/I] After the announcement, Nova and Lemming begin brawling. Almost instantly the other 4 wrestlers come running out to get involved and a mass brawl begins, with Turtle and O’Curle still struggling from their attack by HDP earlier on in the night. [B](D)[/B] – [I]all the overness and that[/I]! [U]Overall [B](C)[/B] [/U] Very disappointed with the night as nearly all of the big guns were involved in matches and only Giedroyc and Nova delivered. Nearly all of the angles were also immensely disappointing as well. The show itself drew 1,747 viewers and made a big loss mainly because it took place in the South and we’re not as popular there as we are in the Midlands. Over at Ring Of Fire – those ******* have not only stolen our Road Agent but they’ve also gone and got themselves a new tv show also on the wrestling channel. I’ll be damned if they’ve got a better time slot than us! – UCR also just got a new show which will run at exactly the same time as theirs on a network which airs in the UK – suckers!!!!!!

[B][SIZE="5"]Confirmed Final Card for November Rain.[/SIZE][/B] Jack Giedroyc [B](c)[/B] vs. Phillip McMahon [I]for the 21st Century World Title[/I]. The Icons Of Perfection vs. The Showstoppers The Main Event – a 6 man battle royal for a shot at the 21st Century World Title at 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE featuring: Jeff Nova, Flemmy Lemming, Joey Poison, Arthur T. Turtle, Merle O’Curle and Tom ‘the Clown’ Moore. A huge match up featuring 2 former 21st Century World Title holders, the 4C World Champion, the 21st Century Strong Style holder and the former holder who dominated the belt holding it for more than a year.

Saturday, Week 1 November 2007 [SIZE="4"][B]November Rain[/B], [/SIZE]live from the Hall Green Cricket Club (attendance 1,900) [B][CENTER]PRE-SHOW[/CENTER][/B] [B]Match 1 – tag team for the 21st Century Tag Team Titles[/B]. Beasts Unleashed def. The Youth Bandits. [B](C-)[/B] – [I]warm up match for the show – they need air time and normally deliver so they got it.[/I] [B][CENTER]MAIN SHOW[/CENTER][/B] A video is played hyping up the 6 man battle royal which will feature later tonight. The video shows all 6 men being announced as participating in the match up, various match ups that have included the wrestlers competing against each other. The video finishes with the image of a ring with writing saying “six men, one winner one reward” with it closing with a picture of Jack Giedroyc proudly carrying his title belt. [B](C)[/B] [B]Match 1 – tag team[/B]. The Showstoppers def. The Icons Of Perfection. In what was a very even match up with the momentum constantly swinging from side to side, both teams demonstrated why they are close to the top of the tag team scene. The finish came after Barnes made the hot tag to Matravers who cleaned house, eventually hitting the ‘Mile High Moonsault’ on Zeus and getting the pinfall[B].(C+)[/B] – [I]happy with that better showing[/I]. After the match The Showstoppers are celebrating when Beasts Unleashed come out of the crowd and beat both wrestlers to the ground. Both Staddon and Kolovkov deliver powerbombs to Matravers and Barnes at the same time, leaving both wrestlers struggling for breath on the canvass. [B](D)[/B] [B]Match 2 – singles for the 21st Century World Title[/B]. Jack Giedroyc def. Phillip McMahon. Giedroyc was again very impressive in this match up and although McMahon gave his all trying to take advantage of his title shot, it was not to be with Giedroyc always being in control of the match up. Credit to McMahon, despite Giedroyc hitting one ‘Crashing On’ he was able to kick out of the pin but a second ‘Crashing On’ finished the match and lead to Giedroyc’s first title defence since he recaptured the title. [B](C+)[/B] We are shown backstage footage of Arthur T. Turtle warming up for the forthcoming battle royal. Out of nowhere Hardcore Danny Patterson attacks Turtle with his 21st Century Strong Style Title. After the attack HDP shouts at Turtle saying there is no way that this young upstart deserves to get anywhere near a title shot. [B](D)[/B] [B]Match 3 – 6 man battle royal for a shot at the 21st Century Strong Style Title[/B]. First to be eliminated was Merle O’Curle whom was pinned by Joey Poison, as was the second to be eliminated, Arthur T. Turtle (whom was struggling after his earlier attack). Flemmy Lemming was the third to be eliminated, being pinned by Nova as Moore and Poison went after each other. In the end Moore hit Poison with ‘The Joke’ after low blowing him and got the pin. Moore didn’t finish there though and continued beating him, also hitting the ‘Circus Sweep’, ignoring the only other wrestler still in the match, Jeff Nova. Nova sat back and after Moore finished with Poison and turned to take on his opponent, Nova instantly locked in the ‘World’s Strongest Bearhug’ although Moore refused to tap. Not diturred, Nova hit the ‘Glasgow Kiss’ and got the 1..2..3! Nova takes on Giedroyc at 21CW WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. Jeff Nova def (in order of elimination) Merle O’Curle, Arthur T. Turtle, Flemmy Lemming, Joey Poison and Tom ‘the Clown’ Moore [B](C)[/B] [U]Overall [B](C+)[/B][/U] Happy enough with the overall rating despite the main event being a massive let down in my opinion. The show itself dramatically improved our popularity in the midlands area and made an $8,000 profit which is pretty welcome consider the loss we made on our last 21st Century Next Generation Superstars.

[B][SIZE="5"]Coming up on this weeks 21st Century Next Generation Superstars[/SIZE][/B] In wake of Tom ‘the Clown’ Moore eliminating Joey Poison from the battle royal and the continued beating that Poison took after the match, Poison will get a chance for revenge as he goes one on one against Moore. Fresh from their destruction of the Showstoppers last week, tag team champions Beasts Unleashed will take on the recently formed tag team the Icons Of Perfection. Both of the Icons will know that a victory over the champions would catapult them into the title picture. Another huge tag team match also booked will feature El Diablo taking on British Druid Order members Rod ‘the God’ Todd and Ali Bloxsome. There are also some interesting match ups surrounding the 21st Century Strong Style Title. Not only will Arthur T. Turtle defend his title against Munemitsu Senmatsu but the next challenger will also be decided as a triple threat match will take place to determine the next challenger featuring, Stanley Slater, Phillip McMahon and Merle O’Curle

Thursday, Week 2 November 2007 [B][SIZE="4"]21st Century Wrestling Next Generation Superstars[/SIZE][/B], live from the Aston University Sports Hall (attendance 1,000) [B][CENTER]PRE-SHOW[/CENTER][/B] [B]Match 1 – singles[/B]. Geoff Borne def. Ian Vincible [B](D)[/B] [B]Match 2 – singles[/B]. Flemmy Lemming def. Karl McMahon [B](C)[/B] [B][CENTER]MAIN SHOW[/CENTER][/B] We are shown video footage of the new number 1 contender Jeff Nova sitting in a dark room on his own. Nova is sitting there talking to himself, muttering things about Jack Giedroyc cursing the man and saying how something needs to be done in a very cryptic manner. [B](C+)[/B] [B]Match 1 – triple threat for a shot at the 21st Century Strong Style Title[/B]. Stanley Slater def. Merle O’Curle and Phillip McMahon. Right from the start of the match, Slater and O’Curle locked up mainly ignoring McMahon, constantly tossing him out of the ring so they could concentrate on each other. In the end O’Curle got knocked out of the ring and Slater hit his finisher on McMahon and got the pinfall before O’Curle could break up the pin. [B](C)[/B] Next up the boss, Greg Absalom enters the ring and addresses Hardcore Danny Patterson. Absalom refers to Patterson being placed on gardening leave and then returning to the business, carrying out a number of vicious attacks. Absalom offers to reinstate HDP to full wrestling duties if he can restrain himself and stop going round ambushing unsuspecting opponents. If Patterson fails to show this restraint then the boss sends out a warning to him - beware of the consequences. [B](C-)[/B] [B]Match 2 – tag team[/B]. El Diablo def. The British Druid Order (Bloxsome and Todd). Again the Mexicans looked impressive with Jennifer Heat managing to get work up a lot of heat from the crowd during the match up and the fans got right behind El Diablo. In the end Rafael Ruiz got the victory by forcing Rod ‘the God’ Todd to tap out. [B](C)[/B] – [I]such high hopes for the tag division now.[/I] Beasts Unleashed come out to the ring ahead of their tag match against The Icons Of Perfection. They take the mikes and taunt The Showstoppers saying that just because they won a couple of match up they are nowhere near in the same league as the tag team champions. [B](C-)[/B] [B]Match 3 – tag team[/B]. Beasts Unleashed def. The Icons Of Perfection by DQ. Whilst the match was very even with the Beasts again using their size and power advantage, The Icons used a number of high flying moves with Zeus hitting a large number of suplexes and submission holds. With the outcome very much in doubt, Matravers and Barnes ran in and attacked Staddon and Kolovkov giving the referee no option but to call for the bell and disqualify The Icons, much to their shock. [B](C)[/B] [B]Match 4 – singles for the 21st Century Strong Style Title[/B]. Arthur T. Turtle def. Munemitsu Senmatsu. Again Turtle was very impressive and racked up another title defence using a vast array of moves, tending to shy away from the moves which would require lifting the Japanese Monster up, instead focusing on ground moves. In the end he locked in the ‘Turtle Package’ and got the submission. [B](C-)[/B] – [I]bit of a let down really.[/I] Jeff Nova is shown alone in the dark talking to himself again. Nova announces that he has come to a decision. A decision to rid the company of the bully that Giedroyc is. This decision doesn’t come cheap, Nova accepts that there is a price to pay but this is something he has to do… [B](C+)[/B] [B]Match 5 – Singles[/B]. Joey Poison def. Tom ‘the Clown’ Moore. Again these two were very evenly matched, with neither being able to get the upperhand. The deciding factor came in the form of Giedroyc who had accompanied his cousin to the ring. Giedroyc ran into the ring whilst the referee was distracted and hit Moore with the ‘Crashing On’ allowing Poison to make the cover and get the pin. [B](C+)[/B] – [I]got a message that they had absolutely no chemistry. Considering the number of matches they’ve had together where there’s been no message like this it’s a bit of a shock and kind annoying.[/I] Again Nova is seen talking to himself in the dark. Nova finishes the angle by saying that at next weeks 21st Century Next Generation Superstars he is going to begin the end of a plague on the promotion – the end of Jack Giedroyc’s time in the promotion! Nova announces that he has come to an agreement with boss Greg Absalom to trade in his title shot for a career match with the loser being fired on the spot. And this match will be the main event on next weeks 21st Century Next Generation Superstars. [B](B-)[/B] – [I]nice end to the show.[/I] Overall (C) All the solid match ups and the good ending to the show and it only achieved a C. We lost a fair amount on the show and attracted some 1,798 viewers. So the massive match up for next week has been booked in a loser quits match. In other news, we also signed Petey Barnes and Merle O'Curle to exclusive contracts away from ROF.

[B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Coming up on this weeks 21st Century Next Generation Superstars.[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] We will see 21st Century World Champion, Jack Giedroyc, going one on one against Jeff Nova. Last week Nova proclaimed that Giedroyc had outstayed his welcome and was going to be sent packing. Whose final night will it be, Nova or Giedroyc’s? Also will boss Greg Absalom get a reply from Hardcore Danny Patterson in response to the ultimatum he made last week. Considering Patterson’s recent reign of terror it might not be the best of times to be the boss. Also announced is Flemmy Lemming taking on new 21st Century Strong Style number 1 contender Stanley Slater. Sources close to Lemming have said that Lemming was apparently furious to be excluded from the 3 way to decide the next challenger for the title. Also booked are El Diablo taking on McMahon & McMahon and Joey Poison taking on Munemitsu Senmatsu. Turn up and see the final night for one of our main attractions, this Thursday, from the Hall Green Cricket Club for the final appearance of one of the biggest draws on 21st Century Wrestling.

Thursday, Week 3 November 2007 [B][SIZE="4"]21st Century Next Generation Wrestling[/SIZE][/B], live from the Hall Green Cricket Club (attendance 1,975) The show opens with Jeff Nova coming to the ring, mike in hand. Nova announces that after further negotiations with the boss, Greg Absalom, he was allowed to decide the type of match up that the main event tonight will be. Nova states that both his career and Jack Giedroyc’s will be on the line in a hell in a cell match up. [B](B-)[/B] [B]Match 1 – tag team.[/B] El Diablo def. McMahon & McMahon. Again the two McMahon brothers went another match up without getting a victory as they came up against a tag team which have shown enough glimpses of talent to suggest that they are destined to become tag team champions. The finish came after Rafael Ruiz hit Karl McMahon with his finisher and got the pinfall, whilst Jennifer Heat distracted his partner with her rather large chest. [B](C)[/B] Next up the Icons Of Perfection come out to the ring and challenge The Showstoppers to a rematch from November Rain, next week. They say that they robbed them of the chance to secure a massive victory and they want to prove that, next week, they are the number 1 contenders to the tag team titles. [B](D)[/B] – [I]god Johnny’s awful on the mike![/I] Upon hearing this, The Showstoppers come to the ring and accept The Icon’s challenge. Matravers insists that no matter who they come up against they will always end up victorious. Barnes takes the mike and announces that, after ditching that worthless piece of **** that was the ROF tag team title belt, to sign an exclusive contract with 21CW, he felt that he needed to add another belt to the collection and if beating The Icons got him closer to that then so be it. [B](C)[/B] [B]Match 2 – singles.[/B] Flemmy Lemming def. Stanley Slater. Our new 21st Century Strong Style number 1 contender looked to carry on the momentum he had built up from last weeks victory and got in a lot of offence early on. Lemming, however, took his time and waited for Slater to tire before locking in the ‘Suicide Solution’, forcing Slater to tap. [B](C)[/B] The boss, Greg Absalom makes his way to the ring and calls out the unpredictable Hardcore Danny Patterson who duly makes his way to the ring. Absalom asks if Patterson has anything to say in response to the ultimatum issued last week. HDP takes the microphone and instead of saying anything, chooses to use the microphone as a weapon and attacks the boss. [B](C-)[/B] [B]Match 3 – singles[/B]. Joey Poison def. Munemitsu Senmatsu. Senmatsu again posed his opponent a number of problems, using his sheer size to intimidate his opponent. Poison struggled early on to get the big man off his feet but after hitting Senmatsu with a kick to the knee, thus getting the big man down, Poison took control of the match. Whilst getting the pinfall was no easy task, with Poison using up a great amount of energy – thus meaning he couldn’t help his cousin in his match up later on – he managed to get the pinfall after hitting the ‘Antidote Web’. [B](C+)[/B] Jack Giedroyc is shown backstage, clinging keenly onto his 21st Century World Title. Giedroyc promised that after all he had been through in the company, everything he’d been through with the belt, he had absolutely no intention of giving up on his title belt and being thrown on the scrapheap for some second rate promotion like Ring Of Fire to pick up, promising to beat Jeff Nova tonight. [B](C+)[/B] – [I]doubt he would actually of bad mouthed ROF considering they’ve just offered him a contract. [/I] [B]Match 4 – singles, hell in a cell, career on the line[/B]. Jeff Nova def. Jack Giedroyc. In yet another classic between these two hard hitting giants, Nova came out of the blocks quickest hitting the ‘Glasgow Kiss’ in the first minute of the match up. After that the match was dominated by the big man, absolutely destroying his opponent. Nova could have repeatedly had the pinfall but decided not to keep the cover, every time releasing Giedroyc. Nova want to inflict pain and to get the 21st Century World Champion to say “I quit.”. Nova achieved this goal after locking in the ‘World’s Strongest Bearhug’ and Giedroyc tapped out, unable to take any more pain. [B](C+)[/B] – [I]yes I tried to destroy his popularity, he deserved it for signing with those scummy Ring Of Fire *******s[/I] [U]Overall [B](C+)[/B][/U] I hate Jack Giedroyc!!!!!! We’re more popular, have more prestige, have treated him like a god and he leaves before we can take the title off of him in a story line C***! Having said this, I was going to get rid of him at this month’s event but it was going to be a tag match featuring Nova and Moore taking on Poison and Giedroyc in a hell in a cell match. As it stands it felt rushed as hell and I hate him. However, jobbing him saw him go from a B- to a low C+, and I’m gonna retaliate like **** by stealing their top workers, have fun Jack, you’ll never work again in the UK. The show itself made a small profit, increased popularity and drew 1,764 viewers. [B][CENTER]On this note I'm gonna close the diary. No one seems to be reading it and i'm kinda bored of it. Sad to end it, cause i really enjoyed writing it and as a first attempt at a diary i'm pretty pleased with how it went. Also think it's a nice way to end the show considering how integral Jack was to the promotion. So, for anyone who cares, hope you enjoyed the diary.[/CENTER][/B]

Archived