Pro Wrestling SAISHO Thread

Pro Wrestling SAISHO 2021 recap!!!

I did it! Another year at SAISHO! I'd like to thank my countless Summers of playing OOTP, Title Bout, SimCity 4, Civ, Hearts of Iron 4, etc, etc, etc, that allow me to blissfully continue on slaying minute after minute with each excruciating detail. Overall, I feel I've discovered a good rhythm that allows SAISHO to grow organically.

Right now, SAISHO is still a small scrappy company that's saving up $$$ to spend/blow at the right moments. I've sent the company up and down Japan and it looks like I've developed a great case to be a medium sized company down the road. Like maybe in yrs 5 to 7? I just try to keep playing in the regions the other companies aren't while touching base with Tohoku like....40% of the time.

I had to employ a simple version of my "save $$$" plan after the 3 man pickup of declining old talent early 2021. I was able to rebound while still telling most of the storylines I wanted. Merch is the only thing I've relentlessly dumped into and it's paying off because of how many big babyface names I cycle thru month-to-month.

Major developments/stories/discoveries

- After hiring Valiant, Makuda, and Bulldozer; I discovered the hard truth about 'declining physical ability'. I cratered the early 2021 finances of SAISHO to pick these dudes up. Hindsight says, next time only Bulldozer is worth it. Valiant is ice cold and is only good for pre/post show tag team filler. Makuda is a really expensive mid-carder putting out decent matches with Kiyotaka, but I feel a cheaper worker can do the same thing.

- Bulldozer helped become a nice heel leading the Muscle Beach stable with managers Mick Muscles & Dread, and talent such as Yuta Isono, Tony DeWonderful, and Thunder Spirit. I made Bulldozer a transitional champ with the AAGP Grand Championship belt, and he paid me back with a fun short heel run where he put over Masao Tsubouchi at Destiny. Now I'm trying to keep him til retirement and pairing him with someone to have a nice title run in a "legend/hot rookie" tag team title situation. Face turn with Chuck Casey? I think of this frequently... (Casey's still in the US, but I think about signing him to counter Whitlock down the road...like he's even interested...ha).

- Larger companies are taking notice and beginning to poach. EX2010, Burning Hammer, and BCG have been getting some decent handshake deals out there. They keep taking the older hot babyface talent I plan to phase out, so I'm getting lucky at this point. EX2010 took Torch Nakazawa and like to hold up the AAGP with Masao or Tobei whenever they can get a chance. I don't think I'll ever be able to compete financially. I also don't know what keeps the stronger companies away from my insane heel stable that reels off my best matches on the cheap for loyalty every single show. I think years 3 to 5 will see a talent raid.

- AAGP is serving well. No new additions other than a tag title. I have a thru line to talent I normally could never work with and it helps with the $ saving.

- I've received some crazy awesome cheap talent boosts from other feds. CZCW, FCW, EWA, ELFP, TCW, and SWF have opened the floodgates. Only EWA sent garbage and I had to dump them. Bret Heartbreak injured some young dudes and I sent him packing. Of course his father is like 9x EWA champ/booker, Byron. I'm swimming in $30 handshake chum for days! So forget Byron and his stupid son Bret, I have Juggernaut Jones and Tony DeWonderful.

- ProMAX is my dumping ground for promising early talent. They helped me drop 4 guys that are boosting in their fed like none other. I don't care if they comeback. Love seeing that happen.

- The world title scene had a few shake-ups after some serious storyline screw-ups. I got SATO to win the world title, only for Masao to screw me in a fatal 4-way the following major event. I used Kita (who Masao is afraid of) to take the title back. At first I was annoyed that Kita was holding wayyyyy too much gold (SAISHO tag, A-1 singles, AAGP tag, SAISHO trios, and SAISHO world champ !?!!!?!!?!!?). I had a few stubborn moments that caused a storyline chain reaction and so I reset and created the "Dripping with gold" storyline for Kita & Co where the Black Iron Army lost each title show by show leading to Zeshin going rogue to huge babyface turn that culminated at SAISHO Giant Slam. Once Zeshin regained the title from Kita he feuded with Sterling Whitlock into a submission-only title match at Destiny. I figured that was the end of the "hot potato" situation on my world title. Wrong, TEW Gods looked upon my happy shire of talent and struck away. Read later on to find out who ends up with the World title by the end of 2021....

- The Destiny season finale went exactly how I wanted and gave the company the boost it needed. Sterling Whitlock submits Zeshin in a spectacle to win the world title. 81!!! Best singles match I ever held. Black Iron Corps lost to white hot babyfaces Gidayu Katou & Motoyuki Miyaki and took the AAGP tag and SAISHO tag straps w/ them. Lion Genji regained the regional title over a surprisingly generous SATO. Bulldozer put over Masao as AAGP champ, and finally the SAISHO Warrior Alliance took the trios belts. So far my best show by leaps and bounds at 79. Paid "big" $ to pull this finale off and it paid right back.

- Sterling has done an amazing job. He's my best heel on merch (for some reason the others don't do that well). Once he hit white hot I put the world title on him. He feuded with Zeshin and that was that. I finished their war with an epic Whitlock victory. He paid me back with 4 solid months of main events and then got sidelined for 6 months with a broken leg. Literally his first post-show match in Dec 2021. A 5v5 match that was supposed to be a simple slam dunk and act as a break for Sterling no pun intended.

- Which leads us to the SAISHO Golden Warfare 2021 INTERIM WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP tournament! At first, I hated setting this up. I didn't want to give the title to Lion Genji yet and didn't really have much in mind other than the guys I already used. I can't do a heel-to-heel title transfer either, it's a hallmark of how I choose to book (even though Masao screwed me into a face-to-face situation). So I held a story where Sterling appealed and lost a vacancy request from SAISHO top brass. Then I made a nice 8-man tourney to organically shake out a champ by the time Golden Warfare's major show had happened. Everything boiled down to a rare all-babyface main event. Zeshin Makiota vs Motoyuki Miyaki in a teacher vs student angle.

- Motoyuki and Gidayu Katou have been advancing a great deal as tag champs. I paired them with Zeshin (who was already mentoring both of them) and things lit up. I planned for them to be a babyface transitional title situation. I felt they still had a ways to go. Wrong. Now they're a 3-man stable with some serious gold to throw around. Just need to figure a good name for them...

SAISHO Champs/Awards at the end of 2021:

2021 A-1 Grand Prix - Azumamaro Kita (3rd time winning)

2021 A-1 Tag Grand Prix - Motoyuki Miyaki & Gidayu Katou (1st time)

Trios Champs - Black Iron Army of Kita, Narahashi, and Hisato (no defenses, 1st run)

Young Lions Champion - Akihiro Hisato (4th defense, 2nd run)

Regional Champion - Lion Genji (9th defense, 2nd run)

World Tag Champs - Motoyuki Miyaki & Gidayu Katou (no defenses, 1st run)

World Champion - Motoyuki Miyaki (1 defense, 1st run)

AAGP Champions

AAGP Grand Tag Champs - Black Iron Corps (2nd defense, 2nd run)

AAGP Grand Champion - Masao Tsubouchi (11th defense, 2nd run)

Epilogue aka 2022

- Miyaki's the new world champ. He'll go up against Sterling when he comes back in 4 months. I might keep Miyaki on top for a year if I can. He's also on a 4yr contract! Winner winner. Same for Gidayu. Locked in and ready to be the new babyfaces of the company. Finally going to phase out the non-SAISHO true borns like Masao and SATO. Gonna save me some $$$!

- I'm cycling contracts on different 3, 6, & 9 month levels and starting to pay some talent per month to lock them in. Handshakes are still the saving grace. I'm also starting to get pay raise requests like a bad rash. Sacrifices have been made, but guys like Shuga Amano are warming up on the cheap in the absence of poached talent.

- Zeshin is a teaching dynamo. I missed something that caused him to drop Gidayu and pick up Shuga Amano. He's still boosting Motoyuki a great deal too.

- Dread is also teaching dynamo. He's teaching James Diaz and Juggernaut Jones. He dumped his son once I was granted Jones on a development deal haha.

- The future...I was scanning the database early 2021 and kept looking at this one wrestler in Canada. I kept thinking about this white hot angle I could push with them...but I'd brush the idea off and go back to booking. Now it's 2022 and I've given in. I signed Lucy Stone-McFly to a strong contract. I'm giving her the run of a lifetime. A highly controversial undefeated streak that will take years to build. She will get denied title shot after title shot. She will slowly submit each and every man that steps into the ring. I'm aiming to have her take the World Title in 2026 or leave SAISHO insanely frustrated to take the world by storm, all depends on how things develop. She's already 6-0. Her matches are promising and she outshines any lion I've placed her with. The crowd did dip by about 25 people when I integrated her into my product base, but I've already rebounded from that (and might have been a result of playing in the same location too many times in a row). Figured a slow burn babyface style Tessa Blanchard idea would be huge, maybe this won't work out.

- Akihito Hisato is still a promising young talent. He's already getting low 60s and just turned 20 yrs old. I made a Young Lions title to take advantage of his 35+ matches and he's been holding it quite well barring a flash pinfall loss to Bryn Archer to swap the title back and forth. I also threw him into Black Iron Army by accident. Lion Genji was supposed to be the 3rd member for the trios title, but since Akihito is at the top of the list alphabetically he made it into the match.

- Big Boss Emperor and Dreadnought are coming up as monster heels. Minoru Takei bombed and I sent him to the States where they are booking him better than ever I could.