My new storyline system (long post)

Great Kane storyline. Maybe add before: Kane and partner lose tag match. Partner (Rob Van Dam) tries to fire up Kane. (I think there's an angle) Kane loses singles match. Authority (Steve Austin) tries to fire up and attacks Kane. Then go to where you started it. Just to make it a bit longer. I think that's how it went.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=panix04]As for the storys you requested Cappy. I will put them in there for ya, if you could just give me a little info, i never had sky as a kid. So the only wrestling we had was WWF tapes that my dad bought. So i know quite a bit about WWF pre-92 but between 92-99 i dont know much at all. If you just explain the rivalry roughly i can make it up - just include the important parts and any 'key' angles and i will do the rest for ya![/QUOTE] Man, doesn't it just figure. Wish I could help you but I don't have a lot of this stuff on video. And my memory's kinda fuzzy as to build the outlines. I remember bits and pieces but not enough of them to make a coherent guideline. I appreciate the thought anyway.

How about a revised nWo angle? An Angle leading to a 4 vs 4 survivor series match? 'Mega Powers Explode' storyline? 'Two Man Power Trip,' ending with the Benoit/Jericho victory. Also, remember with the storylines to check that they all work, because many of the standard storylines had an incorrect stage, where it all went a bit tits up. Also are you doing angles as well, I can't remember? If so please add my Hall of Fame inductees section, SpaceMountain did, and I just thought that would be awesome.

[QUOTE=panix04]Hi there i am creating a mod. I know, iknow, how many times have people said that and not delivered? But i am! And i would like as much input as possible. First let me start off by saying that it is a storyline mod. My reason for working on this is that i personally find booking storys boring and for someone who generally books a sports entertainment fed that is not a good thing! (and they said i couldnt quote DDP) Why do i find it boring? Well i tend to find when im running a fed, i try and develop it so i am running a pretty standardised system: 4 weekly shows followed by a pay per view. The problem is i seem to find that it is really difficult to book longer storys so that the matches co-incide with PPV's. If instantly you are thinking "i know that problem" read on! If not, please carry on anyway you may like my idea! Basically i want to create a story pack (with an angle pack included) i am ambitiously aiming for 150 storys - i believe that this will make it one of the largest storys packs around for all of you variety hunters! But this story pack will have a subtle difference to any predocessors it will have the "panix booking system" or "pbs" what is pbs? pbs is a system i dreamed up months ago (and have only just named) whereby all the storys have a title similar to the following example: [B]Standard title feud V1 (8W 8A 3M)[/B] the brackets are the important part, basically these are booking recomendations (assigned by the story writer) in this case it recomends the story spans 8 weeks hence 8W. It also tells you the angle to match ratio - which will really come in handy for those of you who dont like booking too many angles or indeed those whose style dictates they are not supposed to book too many angles. This is not the only difference though each plot point will be proceeded by brackets with either (S1?) which stands for a weekly show plus the number of that particular show, all storys in the pbs system will assume you are running one show a week therefore the question mark is replaced with a number betwenn 1 and 4 accordingly. If the segment is recomended for a monthly event or pay-per-view it has a (P?) plus the number of the PPV in that particular story. [B]EG P1 attacks P2 backstage (S3) P2 Over P1 (S4) Hype for P1 vs P2 (P1) P2 over P1 (P1)[/B] Of course you can choose to ignore these brackets, so for those of you who are perfectly happy with the story booking system. Helping to develop this mod could still benefit you, just because it is likely to contain a lot of storys! I have already contacted BIggN asking permission to use his BAM mod and edit it to fit this system i am still awaiting his response - If someone could confirm that he still reguarly posts that would be appreciated. However i have already converted all of the BAM angles to this system so i have put a fair amount of work in and essentially there are now 40 storys with this system, i know his pack has 50 storys but this system doesnt apply to unchained storys. Now for the 'nitty gritty' how can you guys help? Well im sure there are plenty of you out there who have created storys. I am not asking you to convert them, although feel free if you want to! If you could import them into a blank database along with any angles you have written and either email them to me at: [email]panix_uk04@yahoo.co.uk[/email] or post them up here (if thats possible) and i will import them into the mod and edit them so they work with the "PBS" i dont mind how many storys you have, wether it be a single, quick, 4 week story or fifty in-depth materpieces, get them on a blank database and i will convert them for you. Now for my time schedule. Well i am hoping to get a decent size collection together in time for release with TCP's 2006 mod, however this will not be the end of the project - hopefully it will be an ongoing system. But if you could let me have any storys you have ASAP that would be appreciated. I am going to be creating original storys as well. Which i would appreciate suggestions on. Please feel free to post story suggestions here - but dont just suggest "the Kurt angle vs Eddie guerrero" storyline, chances are i wont have a clue what your talking about! Try and put as much details in as possible, elaborate where you can and even include all the plot points if you want to. Anyway, i hope you have stuck with me and read the whole post! I look forward to your feedback and remember before anyone starts naysaying with "it will never happen" comments please bare in mind that i completed a 100+ "new fed" mod which will be included with TCP's mod, I have created APW for TCP's mod and i have already converted 40 storylines for this mod! This mod will happen, but wether it is a 60 stroyline mod or a 200 storyline mod depends on the help i get! Its a great communty here and im sure if we band together we can create something we will all use and enjoy. I look forward to your input. Cheers![/QUOTE] Great idea, unfortunatly (sp?) i don't know how to create my own angles + Storylines they confuse me lol so i can't sent you any but i am looking forward to this. Thank you very much for doing this idea.

Here is a story line based on the 1-2-3 Kid/ Razor Ramon vs Money Inc from around 1993. It was when the Kid debuted and beat Ramon who was an Upper Midcarder at the time. Characters young up and comer (1-2-3 Kid) Upper Mid Carder (Razor Ramon) Heel #1 (Ted Dibiase) Heel #2 (IRS) Match- young vs midcarder young wins Post Match Beatdown - mcarder beats down young Heel 1 and 2 give interview and make fun of midcarder ReMatch- young beats midcarder after interference from heels Attack- midcarder attacks heel 1&2 backstage Match- young vs heel #1 young wins by count out Taunt- midcarder taunts heel 1 for losing The above happened over sveral wweks on Raw, the next two matches happened at SummerSlam. young vs Heel #1- heel wins midcarder vs heel 2- midcarder wins Back to Raw Heels attack young, young saved by midcarder Heels challenge for a tag match Heros accept challenge Blow off match Heels vs heros- you decide winners This story line introduced the 1-2-3 kid and turn Razor face which got him on a role that led to the Mania 10 ladder match with HBK. Hope you can use this Panix, I would make it myself, but I have had crappy success making Angles and Storylines. BTW I've been watching Wrestling, mainly WWE and WCW/NWA since 1988. I watched almost all WWF PPV between 89 and Mania 17, so if you need any help with storylines from taht period let me know. My memory might not be exact, but pretty close, also I'll brush off the old VHS tapes and see if I can come up with more if you would like. Just let me know.

I have half created the storyline I posted about before and will finish it off this weekend, possibly tonight, and get it to you ASAP. I'm not sure if it's a little thin as it only has 2 or 3 angles per show, including a match, but I figured it would give the booker a bit more flexibility and allow them to book additional angles. I know they wouldn't add to the storyline heat, but from a fun point of view I thought it would be better, rather than having a strict script to work from. It will be in two storylines, maybe three, but almost 90% certain it'll be two. Also I'm doing it with the WWE PPV calender, which isn't always 4 shows then a PPV. From Backlash to Vengeance there are six weeks [in my game, I may have edited it to be that way], and this storyline is for after WM and until Summerslam. I could try to edit it to fit your structure if you wanted though.

[QUOTE=Slim Jim]I have half created the storyline I posted about before and will finish it off this weekend, possibly tonight, and get it to you ASAP. I'm not sure if it's a little thin as it only has 2 or 3 angles per show, including a match, but I figured it would give the booker a bit more flexibility and allow them to book additional angles. I know they wouldn't add to the storyline heat, but from a fun point of view I thought it would be better, rather than having a strict script to work from. It will be in two storylines, maybe three, but almost 90% certain it'll be two. Also I'm doing it with the WWE PPV calender, which isn't always 4 shows then a PPV. From Backlash to Vengeance there are six weeks [in my game, I may have edited it to be that way], and this storyline is for after WM and until Summerslam. I could try to edit it to fit your structure if you wanted though.[/QUOTE] sorry to be a pain, do you think u could edit it into the same format as mine? Failing that i could do it. I just want it to be a standardised format you see! Thanks for the hard work though, i t takes a lot of effort to write storys!

[QUOTE=TCP1]How about a revised nWo angle? An Angle leading to a 4 vs 4 survivor series match? 'Mega Powers Explode' storyline? 'Two Man Power Trip,' ending with the Benoit/Jericho victory. Also, remember with the storylines to check that they all work, because many of the standard storylines had an incorrect stage, where it all went a bit tits up. Also are you doing angles as well, I can't remember? If so please add my Hall of Fame inductees section, SpaceMountain did, and I just thought that would be awesome.[/QUOTE] i have been doing new angles for the storys as they have been entered. I guess i could add some generic angles as well

[QUOTE=jgriff3029]Here is a story line based on the 1-2-3 Kid/ Razor Ramon vs Money Inc from around 1993. It was when the Kid debuted and beat Ramon who was an Upper Midcarder at the time. Characters young up and comer (1-2-3 Kid) Upper Mid Carder (Razor Ramon) Heel #1 (Ted Dibiase) Heel #2 (IRS) Match- young vs midcarder young wins Post Match Beatdown - mcarder beats down young Heel 1 and 2 give interview and make fun of midcarder ReMatch- young beats midcarder after interference from heels Attack- midcarder attacks heel 1&2 backstage Match- young vs heel #1 young wins by count out Taunt- midcarder taunts heel 1 for losing The above happened over sveral wweks on Raw, the next two matches happened at SummerSlam. young vs Heel #1- heel wins midcarder vs heel 2- midcarder wins Back to Raw Heels attack young, young saved by midcarder Heels challenge for a tag match Heros accept challenge Blow off match Heels vs heros- you decide winners This story line introduced the 1-2-3 kid and turn Razor face which got him on a role that led to the Mania 10 ladder match with HBK. Hope you can use this Panix, I would make it myself, but I have had crappy success making Angles and Storylines. BTW I've been watching Wrestling, mainly WWE and WCW/NWA since 1988. I watched almost all WWF PPV between 89 and Mania 17, so if you need any help with storylines from taht period let me know. My memory might not be exact, but pretty close, also I'll brush off the old VHS tapes and see if I can come up with more if you would like. Just let me know.[/QUOTE] thank you mate, this is good work and makes writing the story quite easy for me. If there any more storylines you would like to see (from any era) send them across and you can look forward to them appearing in the mod! Just one thing though, you dont neccasarilly have to use generic angles im more than happy to add the angles as well.

Just an update - the first incarnation of this mod will not appear with TCP's upcoming BETA. Instead the first version will be seen with the full release. I have also received permision from D.boons ghost to use the DOTT angles and storys within this project which is a huge boost and should mean at very least 120 story's for your enjoyment come the release. However please do not relax on sending me storys/ideas.

[QUOTE=Game112]The Power Trip(Two Mega Heels join forces Destroy Everyone Else) D-Generation X Kane Debut storyline Greater Power Storyline Scott Hall Vs. KeVin Nash(Fued Between Best Friends) Current Triple H/Vince Storyline if you need any explained farther just ask[/QUOTE] If you could just give me a brief plotline (or an angle list if you have the time)for all of these it would be a big help. Apart from the current HHH/Vince story, i have been following that one closely!

[QUOTE=Game112]The Power Trip(Two Mega Heels join forces Destroy Everyone Else) D-Generation X Kane Debut storyline Greater Power Storyline Scott Hall Vs. KeVin Nash(Fued Between Best Friends) Current Triple H/Vince Storyline if you need any explained farther just ask[/QUOTE] To expand on this one: Power Trip - Have 2 major heels unite, argue a bit, destroy 4 othet r top faces, before being beaten by 2 up-and-coming faces (Out with the old, in with the nucleus).

[QUOTE=TCP1]To expand on this one: Power Trip - Have 2 major heels unite, argue a bit, destroy 4 othet r top faces, before being beaten by 2 up-and-coming faces (Out with the old, in with the nucleus).[/QUOTE] cool, sounds good, i will write it as a very heavily match based story. There are not many about and they are easier to write!

Greater Power Storyline Heel Says He Sevres a Higher Power Heel Vs. Face-Face Wins Heel Says The Higher Power will soon reveal himself Heel Vs. Face Heel Wins Higher Power Reveals Himself to Face Higher Power Reveals himself to the world Scott Hall Vs. KeVin Nash(Fued Between Best Friends) Tag Team Match Turns on Friend Face trys to talk to heel but gets attacked by heels friend Heel & Face Argue Heel Fools Face With a Fake Face Turn Heel Vs. Face- No Contest Heel & Face Brawl Rematch Announced Heel & Face Brawl in Bar Heel Vs. Face-Heel wins By Count Out Face Wins Battle Royal Face Vs. Champion Face wins with help from Heel They Announce There Team is Back Together ill do the rest in a bit

cool, thanks for the help game, the missus has got swimming tonight so i can get cracking on some of these storys. Not wanting to brag but this storyline mod is going to be frickin' awesome! And my storyline writing seems to be getting quicker as well which is definatly a good thing! One thing i am going to do is change some of the DOTT storylines, they are top notch but are aimed at specific stars i am going to edit them and get rid of the different worker names to make them more generic. A lot of work involved there. I have only managed to do 3 so far this afternoon! Oh well football seasons done so i have nout better to do!

[QUOTE=panix04]cool, thanks for the help game, the missus has got swimming tonight so i can get cracking on some of these storys. Not wanting to brag but this storyline mod is going to be frickin' awesome! And my storyline writing seems to be getting quicker as well which is definatly a good thing! One thing i am going to do is change some of the DOTT storylines, they are top notch but are aimed at specific stars i am going to edit them and get rid of the different worker names to make them more generic. A lot of work involved there. I have only managed to do 3 so far this afternoon! Oh well football seasons done so i have nout better to do![/QUOTE] It wants to be great, this is going in my uber-mod! :D Panix PM me you MSN details so we can chat as and when we need to.

Archived