My new storyline system (long post)

[QUOTE=Thomnipotent]Just wanted to give you my blessing on this mod, Panix. It's a great idea; not something I'd necessarily use, but hey. I don't have to if I don't want to. Wonderful idea, thumbs up. :)[/QUOTE] :D trust me your going to want to use this mod just 'cos of the size of it! Seriously there will be more storys than you can shake a stick at! Plus there will be a shed load of brand new story's that no-one has seen before (unless you wrote them!)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i just started playing so fogive me if this one already eggsists butthe one between scott nortan and ice train were they fought each other to about 5 draws in a row and decided well if i can't beat him join him and became the tag team fire and ice

I’d like to see a few miniature storylines ones you could base a show around that’d add more depth to the larger angles. He’s an idea I took from Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain. 1-4) A collect of one-minute promos cut by worker A-D calming that he/she could win the ‘Royal Rumble” 5) Authority Figure (E) meets A-D backstage to inform them of a Fatale-Fourway match-up for any slot between 1-29. 6) A wins with a clean victory of B. 7)A takes slot twenty-nine 8)Authority appears at the stage to correct his early mistake “The Loser can take any slot between 1-29, thus granting B number 29. ----------------------------------------------------------------- [B]Angle Ideas [/B] [B]Making an Impact[/B]: Worker A, a seasoned Veteran has decided to call it quits after years in the business. Before he could finish his speech or even start for that matter, B’s music plays causing crowd and A to look at the stage while B slides with a chair to level A. [B]Invasion Angle # 1[/B]: Nameless worker interrupts a match between B and C, squashing the pair in a few seconds. [B]Invasion Angle # 2[/B]: Nameless worker calls out a list of superstars, with insults of course instead of their ring names. Owner appears with guards behind him to stop this. In moments the lackeys are defeated and before the owner could take his lumps a few workers rush to his aid. [B]Inter-promotional angle/ Come as you are Street Fight[/B]: interprets match between B and C, squashing the pair as if both were jobbers. A proceeds to claim he’s the greatest worker in the history of wrestling so great he don’t need this “backwater crowd”. After a few minute minutes of talking he calls out the ‘toughest guy in the company’ to a street fight. Upper-mid-card/Main event comes out and takes his challenge.(Set’s up a match) [B]Storylines[/B] Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Steve Austin ‘01 Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold ‘96 Chris Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels ‘04 Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk ‘89 Ric Flair vs. Ricky ‘The Dragon” Steamboat ‘89

Umm...I just wanted to know whoever did the storylines in the current TCP data. There is a slight mistake in the Standard Tag Feud Storyline. In stage 8 in which the Heels are suppose to taunt the Faces, it has listed that the two Heel member are Catalyst along with one of the Face Members. They are addressing only one member of the Face tag team. I'm afraid that I'm confusing people, so let me do it this way. The way the game wants it. Johnny Nitro, Joey Mercury & Brian Kendrick all taunted Paul London backstage. The way it should be. Johnny Nitro, Joey Mercury taunted Brian Kendrick, and Paul London. Like I said, I don't know who actually made the storyline but that should be fixed. As far as it being a waste of time doing pre-made storylines. I play a mixture of storylines. I write my own for all of my major feuds including Main Eventers, Upper, and Midcard wrestlers. I use the pre-made ones to address the filler situation on my rosters. It's all good, anyone should use anything that they want to play this game. They bought it so it's their call.

[QUOTE=toddthebod]Umm...I just wanted to know whoever did the storylines in the current TCP data. There is a slight mistake in the Standard Tag Feud Storyline. In stage 8 in which the Heels are suppose to taunt the Faces, it has listed that the two Heel member are Catalyst along with one of the Face Members. They are addressing only one member of the Face tag team. I'm afraid that I'm confusing people, so let me do it this way. The way the game wants it. Johnny Nitro, Joey Mercury & Brian Kendrick all taunted Paul London backstage. The way it should be. Johnny Nitro, Joey Mercury taunted Brian Kendrick, and Paul London. Like I said, I don't know who actually made the storyline but that should be fixed. As far as it being a waste of time doing pre-made storylines. I play a mixture of storylines. I write my own for all of my major feuds including Main Eventers, Upper, and Midcard wrestlers. I use the pre-made ones to address the filler situation on my rosters. It's all good, anyone should use anything that they want to play this game. They bought it so it's their call.[/QUOTE] Im not sure about the current TCP storylines, but they will be replaced with the ones i am making at the moment. Is it just the one angles that is wrong? Cos lots of the storys in my pack ar being converted over.

[QUOTE=panix04]Im not sure about the current TCP storylines, but they will be replaced with the ones i am making at the moment. Is it just the one angles that is wrong? Cos lots of the storys in my pack ar being converted over.[/QUOTE] So far yes. I haven't used lots of the pre-made storylines but while looking at them, most looked excellent. I hope that I've helped out with this. I'm really not getting a good feeling out about TCP's data cause most people aren't talking about what happens after the first week. How far have you played it?

[QUOTE=toddthebod]So far yes. I haven't used lots of the pre-made storylines but while looking at them, most looked excellent. I hope that I've helped out with this. I'm really not getting a good feeling out about TCP's data cause most people aren't talking about what happens after the first week. How far have you played it?[/QUOTE] TBH, i havent really got to play the BETA much. I have been far to busy modding. I made the 'new feds' section, i have made APW and am currently doing this! But if you want an example of what TCP's work is like give his 1993 scenario a try (end of the golden era) it is a really in depth, challenging, realistic mod.

[QUOTE=panix04]TBH, i havent really got to play the BETA much. I have been far to busy modding. I made the 'new feds' section, i have made APW and am currently doing this! But if you want an example of what TCP's work is like give his 1993 scenario a try (end of the golden era) it is a really in depth, challenging, realistic mod.[/QUOTE] I'm playing the new TCP data..No one talks about what happens after the first couple of days. I've played about 2 months now and looking to start a diary. I've been one of the few that have posted things that happened a month in, where no one talks about it. That's why I was looking for help.

[QUOTE=toddthebod]I'm playing the new TCP data..No one talks about what happens after the first couple of days. I've played about 2 months now and looking to start a diary. I've been one of the few that have posted things that happened a month in, where no one talks about it. That's why I was looking for help.[/QUOTE] Hey man. I haven't play-tested the data since the TNA debate (Overness), But I am aware of your issues with WSX, which sound very valid, and I will deal with it before the main release, I always play-test before a major release! I'm a stickler for challenge and accuracy wherever possible, so do not fear, all these problems get dealt with after the BETA is released.

This is an awesome idea mate. I for one sometimes struggle for inspiration in terms of lower card storylines and just end up putting up and coming wrestlers in bad storylines which never get any heat or improve overness. Hoping that this will provide some inspiration.

Hello peeps. Some more good news! I have received permission from BiggN to use his BAM pack for this mod. This means all that work hasnt gone to waste. Big thanks to BiggN for this, i promise this mod is going to be awesome!

[QUOTE=panix04]Hello peeps. Some more good news! I have received permission from BiggN to use his BAM pack for this mod. This means all that work hasnt gone to waste. Big thanks to BiggN for this, i promise this mod is going to be awesome![/QUOTE] Looking forward to your Mod. It's going to make everything that much better.

[QUOTE=panix04]Thought of another idea just to make it a tad easier. I will indicate any characters who are required to have a title going into the story. That way you can give a worker a strap if he requires it.[/QUOTE] good idea, I hate when I miss that when glancing over the storyline, get halfway into it and suddenly The Blue Meanie's not the world champ.

i should be all done by then. I could do with someone to test the mod, though - just to double check all the storys work. That will mean finishing a few days earlier than the 14th to get it all done. Any volenteers to test this mod out in game (i realise its quite a boring thing to test!)

Archived