My new storyline system (long post)

Some ideas: WCW/ECW vs WWE Invasion angle? (Two teams of 4 against each other kind of thing). Road to Wrestlemania type thing (Rumble win, beats next best challenger, fights in Mania Main Event) Fake Undertaker/Fake Kane storyling Kane's debut storyline King of the mountain style tourney?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm fairly new to TEW so maybe you or somebody already did these but..... Invasion Group Takeover story (i.e. the edition of nWo monday Nitro, and even the way the formed, although that could be invasion angle I guess) - It really happened at least twice. The time main the group was huge and just beat everybody up including announcers and camera men and then took over. The They then knocked the WCW logo down from the stage and took off/covered up all the other WCW logos and then put nWo logos up, replaced the graphics and music with their own and ran the show. That may have also been the one were they invited Hart to join and he came to the ring to give hogan (who I believe drove to the ring in hot tub in a convertible limo surrounded by women) a gift, which ended up being a replica of hogan's head. And then as hogan freaked out sting was spotted above the entry way and rode a cable to the ring as the show ened (which reminds me to suggest adding both that ending and other off the air continuing fights -basically no longer than a minute, but very intense cuz it's the cliffhanger to keep you on the edge of your seat until the next show, as well as maybe attack and spray paint) The other time It was just Hogan and the outsiders when WCW was in panama and the went up on the Roof where the WCW letters were and put large sheets over them with the nWo Letters over them and set up lawn chairs, grabbed some drinks from a cooler and watched the show (random memory- not part of this show, but a few times in Panama sting decended from a helicopter since there was no ceiling.- just another angle/storyline detail) the key here is that they'd keep beating people up to stay in the spotlight which is what built the feud and that one wrestler would be the savior for the group and if he didn't show they'd get massacred (that happened too sometimes). So you'd need to put as many people in as possible and designate as 'brand'/stable 1 vs 2 and then have a head brand one and head stable 2 to set something up between them. the steiners and outsiders collided a lot too so maybe a tag team 1 and tag team from two as well that would collide. It'll be difficult to do, especially if 8 is the biggest you can go (it's the biggest I've seen so far.) Member kicked out of group (evolution turning on Orton) -leader of the group is champion. Other memeber starts to shine and wins a title shot via a royal rumble. the group comes out to celebrate and then turn on him and leave him a bloody mess. remaining (3) memebers of the group -especially the champion- feud with the member that got kicked out and eventually he faces and beats the champ and wins the title (in case you aren't familiar w/ it this was triple Hv Orton leading into WM a few years ago. I'd bet knowing WWE that Mcmahon had orton lose first at a previous PPV, but I don't recall that. So maybe find out what year and check the two PPVs before. Member trying to get into group (some loser wants to join a group but they turn him down, yet he keeps trying really really hard to impress them. Could have a version where he gets accepted and on where he's not) Mystery Member (a group is adding a new member soon but we don't know who when., probably more of an angle than a story now that I think about it) -very non specific, example is when HBK came back and joined the short lasting WWE version of the nWo, or when X-pac joined DX False suspicion of mystery member (i.e. they announce it's a good guy joining the heel group so everyone keeps their distance or turns on him/her and then later we find out it was a trick) Kidnapping storyline (currently angle type, but if you keep the kidnapped person off TV too long, the feud dies) Kidnap and brainwash (I beleive raven's flock did that to at least one of it's members) Refusal to believe heel turn. Friend/parter turns on participant 2, but two refuses to believe and keeps trying to get participant one to reconsider by begging or trying to impress them. Week after week 2 beats up one, but one still is adamant they will fix it (this would be a angle I guess, but..) bigger numbers of people sitting in the crowd and an angle where one or two of them are missing. -part of raven and the flock. don't recall what happened but raven was missing for a few weeks and they'd show the flock in the front row looking all lost. They may even have fought with eachother little Stable feud story lines Feud with the boss (Austin, now HHH and HBK - maybe throw in the beer truck) Wrestler fired, but gets job back - feud between the boss (Vince) and the wrestler(austin) (don't remember details, but I'll try). Boss fires wrestler (can't recall, probably had a match with the career on the line and screwed him over). Wrestler shows up next week and kidnaps the boss and terrorizes him until he gets the job bck. the beer truck was probably the end of this feud part of their feud, so you may want to include that. females protest about stuff (no women's title, lack of respect...) a right to censor storyline and angles Tournaments (bigger ones, maybe allow us to toggle in byes (use none for wrsetler)/mystery opponents too) The angle WWE just did where you pick your enemies opponents -the thing JBL and Mysterio just did Nash's X division crusade -current in TNA. big guy makes fun of lightweights, referring to them as 'fillers' and himself as the main draw in the buiness. takes them out one by one, but it gradually gets harder. Will likely start cheating to win and eventually lose. Streak of Bad luck (a few years ago HHH lost the title and then went on something like a 3 month losing streak mostly to mid carders) - maybe include a version where a manager/ally helps them turn things around. Training storyline, where a veteran helps a rookie or someone down on their luck The wierd storyline for Mickie and trish Sudden impact (could sorta be like the loose cannon mod, but for debuting talent. a wrestler comes out of the crowd and destorys people, has short feuds with them but dominates) Meeting of the unbeatens (two wrsetlers go on long unbeaten streaks and come face to face for an extra-hyped match.) The thing with the shelly cam and sting/christian Jerichos- "I apologize and it will never eee-ever happen again" only to have it happen next week from in WCW (maybe throw in proms where you intentially get the opponents name wrong like he does - bill greenberg, ron mysterio) The week after week countdown debut of Y2J - I think Tazz had something similar as well (lead to feud with whoever it interupts, in that case taker and big show I believe) the thing where Jericho won the title and Triple H pushed Hebner around to where it was reversed -Y2J and HHH had a feud, can't recall any details. Jericho got a title match and pulled an upset to win. HHH (the champ going into the match) Not sure if it's possible, but a title unifying story Money in the bank win up to title match and maybe beyond (probably has to be unchained or partially unchained if there is such a thing) -I'm guessing you know this one, if not look at RVD right now Fake joining (wrestler pretends to join his enemy/enemeies (sting/nWo, corporate Austin/McMahon, the one night HH/HBK DX reformation a few years ago) Partners face off. Tag partners/allies each win a bid into something (a tournament, title match, no 1 contender match...) and it becomes obvious they will eventually face eachother creating tension and eventually turning them on each other Savior (Sting constantly saving WCW from the nWo, maybe throw in a fake sting angle/storyline - both in terms of the fake nWo sting and in terms of them having all the fake ones come out to get beat up until one ended up being him) -there was a huge group called the nWo in WCW and they would constantly beat people up then sting would come to the rescue (usually the lights went out and then he descended from the ceiling into the crowd and then the lightscame on as he went to the ring, sometimes the lights didn't go off, sometimes he didn't decend). Later they'd come out and taunt him andhave a bunch of fakes come out (even had their own fake) and they'd beat them up to make fun of sting. then eventually they'd punch one, turn thinking he'd fall like the rest and he'd take his mask off and it was the real sting and then Sting cleaned house. as part of this or seperate you could add a riduclously long tease cuz they teased Sting v hogan for close to a year and kept having JJ Dillon come out and ask sting what he wanted to come back (he technically wasn't really part of WCW if I remember correctly. I think the nWo claimed he was with them and he was actually in the ring with them, then he disappeared for a while and when he came back he had the new look and started taking out the nWo. so they were trying to get him to resign with WCW by giving him whatever he wanted but playyed really dumb as to what that could be.) Management feuds Referee joins group (the nWo referee) interBrand feuds (angle and stroyline) loser keeps whining after dropping matches and it leads to feud with someone who's heard enough. brands/managers/stables feud over 'free agent' (lesnar, HHH to nWo?) Feud that ends in debut of new match type to generate extra heat//hype (i.e. 1st hell in a cell, inferno, elimination chamber) stable falls apart and feud with eachother Stable leaders feud and group splits in half (nwo vs nwo wolfpac) kayfabe with the clique -they were supposed to be enemies, but were all good friends off camera so when hall and nash had their last match in WWE, despite being enemies they shook hands, hugged and said their goodbyes to eachother (needless to say vince wasn't pleased) montreal screwjob -face Champion feuds with Owner and a heel wrestler. In the final match the owner pulls one over on the champion by having the referee ring the bell and call a submission (to the wrestler -bret hart's) as the heel tries to, but dowes not even finish applying the face's own move,and when it had been agreed upon before the match that the face would reverse the move and retain his title (and leave the company as champion, don't necessarily need to include that can leave it up to us). the face then spits in the owners face and goes on a rampage tearing everything apart. Nash laying down for Hogan after defeating goldberg -Goldberg feuded with the nWo of which both Hogan and Nash were a part of after the nWo trashed his locker room. Eventuall the WCW championship committee deceided Goldberg (undefeated with over 100 wins and the U.S. champion) was worthy of a Title shot, but somehow the nWo decided he had to get through Scott Hall (one of it's members) before hecould face Hogan on the same show. Goldberg beat Hall. Goldberg then wrestled Hogan. He was winnign and curt Hennig (nWo) started to walk out , but befre he could get it involved DDP and Karl Malone (WCW) came out right behind him and malone gave Hennig a Diamond cutter. Goldberg went on to win the title. He kept it for a pretty long time despite the nWos best efforts. During that time the nWo splitup into the nWo black and white (Hogan's side) and the nWo red and black aka the wolfpac (Nash's side) and feuded with eachother. After several unsuccessful attempts at the black and white trying to get the title back, Nash got a title shot (goldberg was 176-0 and Nash said in WWF he has a 190 win streak as champion and so on). Goldberg had Nash down and was in the corner waiting for a spear when Scott Hall (nash's former parter turned enemey, and a member of the Hogan's part of the nWo) came out of nowhere dressed as security nd stunned goldberg with a cattle prod. Nash don't recall if he was aware what happened) took advantage and won. The next night on Nitro Nash (a face - the red and black were faces, then Black and white were heels, goldberg was also a face) Nash promised goldberg a rematch, but suddenly the police were after goldberg and took him in for something. while he was gone Hogan challeneged Nash for the title and Nash accepted. The two cirlce the ring and then hogan pushed his finger into Nash's chest and Nash fell to the ground and let Hogan pin himto regain the title. The two sides of the nWo rejoined (all though some of the red and black members left I believe (some regular WCW faces had joined since the split like sting and Luger, neither of who stayed after the remerger) and revealed that the split, the cattle prod and having Goldberg taken in for question was all a set up. --- I'm sure I can come up with more if you want. also, I've nver used these, when they come out what do I do with them and can I use them on a saved game?

there is a cracking list there! They might not all get done before release, but i will put them in. If anyone would care to elaborate on the storys (i didnt watch a lot of wrestling as a kid) it would be appreciated, saves me researching

[QUOTE=panix04]there is a cracking list there! They might not all get done before release, but i will put them in. If anyone would care to elaborate on the storys (i didnt watch a lot of wrestling as a kid) it would be appreciated, saves me researching[/QUOTE] I'll go back and add some each day as I have time. Also, if you add any angles I thought of a few (face off in the ring -w/o security as the game has-, guest announcer for enemy's match, guest announcer and interfere in the match, failed save from attack)

yeah i am adding angles as well. Like i said before if they are not in the mod come release dont panic, this is very much an ongoing project and i do endeavour to add all the suggestions eventually. At a later date i may well troll through the boards and add any suggestions that have been made on previous posts.

[QUOTE=panix04]yeah i am adding angles as well. Like i said before if they are not in the mod come release dont panic, this is very much an ongoing project and i do endeavour to add all the suggestions eventually. At a later date i may well troll through the boards and add any suggestions that have been made on previous posts.[/QUOTE] Now obviously I'm not one to rile people up, but you better get it ready for thwe big release day, or I'll make sure you don't eat for a week! But in all seriosness, I might delay release of full data until 17th June to give everyone (Myself included) more time.

my target for release was 150 storys - which i will definatly achieve! But i have no intention of stopping there. There are quite a few suggestions here which wont be done in time for release. But i think 150 is a good starting point (it will still be the biggest story pack to date) of course my aim is to eventually get to the 200 mark.

[QUOTE=panix04]my target for release was 150 storys - which i will definatly achieve! But i have no intention of stopping there. There are quite a few suggestions here which wont be done in time for release. But i think 150 is a good starting point (it will still be the biggest story pack to date) of course my aim is to eventually get to the 200 mark.[/QUOTE] Excellent, how are the angles coming along. Got lots of them?

the current totals are: 2085 angles, 117 Storys i have got about 30 storys that are still to be edited to fit the PBS. Which i am testing in my multiplayer game - it is really helpful! Once i am finished editing existing storys that have been sent to me by various people i can start adding my own.

i wasnt sure how to do the hall of fame, but it will be in there when i send it across. Basically i have a story with 4 plot points: 1) hall of fame announced 2) presenter anounced 3) inductees anounced 4) induction ceremony i may well do a couple of versions with different numbers of inductees

[QUOTE=panix04]i wasnt sure how to do the hall of fame, but it will be in there when i send it across. Basically i have a story with 4 plot points: 1) hall of fame announced 2) presenter anounced 3) inductees anounced 4) induction ceremony i may well do a couple of versions with different numbers of inductees[/QUOTE] Wow a storyline. I actually just meant a series of angles for HoF.

An authority figure conflict (A1 vs. A2) storyline could go something like this: A1 establishes a favourite wrestler/team/group A1 books favourite(s) in favourable matches (These segments could be played over multiple angles/matches) Other members of the roster complain to A2 A2 books A1's favourite(s) in a fair match Favourite(s) complain to A1 A1 confronts A2 - A2 promises to book the fed evenhandedly: No favourites! A1's favourite(s) attack multiple wrestlers A1 won't punish the attacker(s) A2 fines the attacker(s) and/or places them in a difficult match A2 is attacked/their office is trashed/tyres slashed etc. A1 taunts A2 A2 confronts favourite(s) A2 books a match between favourite(s) and his own choice of opponent A1 interferes for victory A1 and favourite(s) confess to messing with A2 A2 gets beaten down - and is then absent for some time A1 and favourite(s) run roughshod over the fed for some time A1 found attacked Favourite(s) found attacked A2 appears - with allies (the attackers) A2 challenges A1 to an authority match - the loser gives up their position/leaves the fed - A1 accepts A1/A2 hype the match Final match has A1 facing A2 with teammates to keep the match rating up. Either wins, the loser leaves or becomes a manager. And I will get those files to you in the next couple of days - it's been a bit crazy at my end with uni work and stuff.

I have a question for both Panix and TCP... have either of you decided on a people/logo/belt etc picture packs?? It would be helpful to be able to have all those to work with the data when it's released. Cheers, T-Jay

Here it is - one romance storyline with the appropriate angles to accompany it. For my own convenience, each angle is named according to the storyline stage that goes with it, and each generally has a faily detailed descripion to go with it. Where an angle has a v2 or v3 after it, I had to modify the original to make it work in the storyline - for some reason I couldn't get it to work in the game with the original angles. There's also an unchained eight person storyline in there, as I didn't have one on my game, and some random angles I wanted, mostly multi-person angles designed to get as many people on a show as possible. Hope it all helps.

[QUOTE=T-Jay]I have a question for both Panix and TCP... have either of you decided on a people/logo/belt etc picture packs?? It would be helpful to be able to have all those to work with the data when it's released. Cheers, T-Jay[/QUOTE] There will be complete worker and logo packs. Belts are a little tougher, but I will try.

These probably wont help for Indy belts but try these sites for pics of the actual belts or close enough replica's. [url]http://davemillicanbelts.com/index2.htm[/url] [url]http://www.legacybelts.net/[/url] [url]http://www.championshipleather.com/[/url]

[QUOTE=Sartagis]These probably wont help for Indy belts but try these sites for pics of the actual belts or close enough replica's. [url]http://davemillicanbelts.com/index2.htm[/url] [url]http://www.legacybelts.net/[/url] [url]http://www.championshipleather.com/[/url][/QUOTE] Thank you very much.

Archived