Who are fans most looking to play as in Season Mode?

Hey. I understand the league modes and believe they are a magnificent addition and I am greatly looking forward to playing them. In addition to league mode, I am also excited about season mode as it was very fun for me in the previous version of WresPi. I am particularly fond of superstar-season mode... and I was wondering if other fans were and who they intended to use in that mode? For myself, I am gonna try a game certainly with these four characters and perhaps more. 1. Clinton Washington 2. Bigger Dan Ewe 3. Marat Khoklov 4. Sessue Kawate Those are my favorite characters in the game...What about anybody else?

There are quite a few people I might try out when I get the chance to play the trial. Darryl Devine, Joshua Taylor, The Natural, Noriyori Sanda and Kozue Kawashima all spring to mind immediately. And I'd love to see what Marc DuBois and either of the Bumfholes are like too. And lastly, Adam Matravers or Sergei Kalashnov (sp?) would be fun to play around with I think. So many people, so little time. :) Derek B

• 3 weeks later...
You'll definitely like playing as Ugaki, he has some awesome moves at his disposal. Personally I like playing as any of the PGHW "big six" (Miwa, Tatsuko, Mushashibo, Hoshino, Kunomasu, Koiso) simply because you have so many unbelievable matches and have such great move sets.

Since when did Kunomasu and Koiso replace Shuji and Dread in the PGHW "big six"? I'm outraged!! :p Just for that, I feel that I may have to decimate the PGHW roster with Dread just to get revenge for Adam's ignorance and generally evilness. Dread Bomb!!!!! Derek B

[QUOTE=derek_b]Since when did Kunomasu and Koiso replace Shuji and Dread in the PGHW "big six"? I'm outraged!! :p Just for that, I feel that I may have to decimate the PGHW roster with Dread just to get revenge for Adam's ignorance and generally evilness. Dread Bomb!!!!! Derek B[/QUOTE] That would make it the PGHW "big eight" would it not?

Personally, I don't like playing in PGHW, because they usually go global and only do 1 show a month, so you're stuck under a written contract for a company that only runs 1 show a month. I like to play as North American indy guys like Jacob Jett, Freddy Huggins, and Jimmy Cox (despite his low charisma and mic skills).

[QUOTE=derek_b]Since when did Kunomasu and Koiso replace Shuji and Dread in the PGHW "big six"? I'm outraged!! :p Just for that, I feel that I may have to decimate the PGHW roster with Dread just to get revenge for Adam's ignorance and generally evilness. Dread Bomb!!!!! Derek B[/QUOTE] I suppose you could consider Kunomasu beating Dread in his return to PGHW as him "claiming" one of the top spots. As for Shuji, the only explanation I can think of is that we don't know what's happened in the Cornellverse in the time since TEW2005; maybe he's moved on. Actually, now that I think about it, that could be exciting. I'd even be willing to watch GCG for some of those matches. Shuji vs Pistol Pete, Shuji vs Maeda, Shuji vs Marlowe, Shuji vs Dark Angel... could be the beginning of a turnaround. Not to mention the possible matches it could mean in Burning Hammer. [QUOTE=PWNED!]Personally, I don't like playing in PGHW, because they usually go global and only do 1 show a month, so you're stuck under a written contract for a company that only runs 1 show a month. I like to play as North American indy guys like Jacob Jett, Freddy Huggins, and Jimmy Cox (despite his low charisma and mic skills).[/quote] I think you might be willing to give PGHW another try this time around - if things haven't changed since TEW2005, PGHW have a new weekly TV show called The King's Road. I know I disliked that about PGHW also in the original WreSpi, and I'm looking forward to a more fast-paced schedule with their roster. Also, in TEW2005 Freddy Huggins was signed by TCW and became their All Action Champion, so he's no longer an indy guy. He is, however, one of TCW's brightest prospects. As for the people I'm looking forward to playing... Troy Tornado has to top the list. If there's one guy in that company who can go full-tilt with Tommy Cornell (at least since Bryan Vessey left), it's him. It also seems like whenever I'm not the one booking, he is relegated to the status of permanent midcarder while guys like Peter Valentine and Ronnie Pain beat Cornell for the title. I see him as a Cornellverse equivalent of someone like Chris Jericho or Edge, and I look forward to turning him into TCW's top guy. Remmy Skye is also an interesting choice. A hell of a prospect, but one who always seems held back by his drug problem in '05 - he died of an overdose while holding my All Action title. I look forward to changing that sad fate in WreSpi 2. Marc DuBois is also a guy who I'd love to take control of, as he's just got so much talent it's scary. He usually reaches main event status after just a couple months when I'm booking him. It'd be a lot of fun to play him as a real bastard, pissing off everyone in the lockerroom (except maybe sucking up to a locker room leader or the boss), and seeing if even that horrendous behavior could hold him down. Lastly, Yoshimi Mushashibo will no doubt be insanely fun to play as. Even something like World League would probably be a very possible accomplishment with his level of skill.

Considering their overness is C in every region of the US...i am thinking are certain USPW talent former SWF stars? I mean, the owner was a former fundamental aspect of the SWF....so what do you think? Or have they just amassed a cult following after serving with USPW for so long?

[QUOTE=derek_b]Since when did Kunomasu and Koiso replace Shuji and Dread in the PGHW "big six"? I'm outraged!! :p[/QUOTE] The "big six" were from a match quality perspective, so Dread doesn't really count. Koiso was a mistake on my part, I meant to type Shuji - I've been used Pride in my latest testing, so he was on my mind.

Archived