Announcing Data Project "The Kings Of Kings"

Hello! With E3, Time has come for me to bring a little light to my ongoing data project for WreSpi 2. [B]Introduction[/B] First I want to say, this will not be done under the RaveX banner. It won't be done under any banner. The name of the data set, "The Kings Of Kings" is not a new banner, it's just a distinctive name for the data set. RaveX was me and Jeff. Jeff has no time anymore, and frankly, what he's doing is more important than this, it's REAL LIFE. Myself alone, I'm not capable of being RaveX anymore. Thus the name is sealed. I've gotta say, I didn't think I would do this, after stopping work on RaveX Updates, I thought I was through with data work. I figured I'd stay on Team Ryland one last game as a tester/idea guy to fulfill my commitment and then leave the sim world completely. Then, two things happened. First, I got a great idea for a sim feature on a sleepless night as I was going through splitting with my wife and entering celibacy. That idea is NOT League Mode as you'll see it as WreSpi 2, although that was the derivative Adam created from it as a way to test the waters to see if the base idea for the whole deal would fly. I hope it will. Then it came upon me that I had an actual data format in mind for that sim feature, and started work on that data, first on paper, then in Works Database, and now it's starting to be made into WS2 format. [B]Concept & Details[/B] The idea for the data is an all-time all-styles all-star roster of wrestlers and promotions. - "All-Time" means just that. Any promotion/wrestler dead or alive, young or old. Bridging the eras to bring together the greats and oppose men who never had a chance to fight each other. Bridging the times to bring together the great promotions/eras of the past on one level plain field. It also means having those greats in their prime or in their younger years, not in their diminished state of later in their career. - "All-Styles" means that wrestlers/promotions from every major wrestling country will be in, and wrestling from every style, from the vintage Pro-Am style of the late 19th, early 20th century to Sports-Entertainment, Hardcore wrestling, Shoot-Style wrestling will be represented. - "All-Star" means that the data set is not an exhaustive directory of all the wrestlers that wrestled ever. Case in point, each promotion will be limited to 20 wrestlers. I'll select the wrestlers that were the best in each promotion at that time. At this time, unnofficially, the data is set to include 400 wrestlers, plus worker entries for authority figures, announcers, etc... [B]Confirmed Info[/B] The following are confirmed as promotions in The Kings Of Kings. When I say confirmed, it is because they are in the database. Anything not in the database will not be listed. In parentheses, is the authority figure in charge of the promotion, also confirmed as non-wrestling workers. I'm not telling the creative direction of each fed just yet, although you can use the promoter confirmed to helm the promotion as an hint of what era/roster the fed will champion. Some creative liberties were taken, as a worker can only control one company at a time and this setup would have required a certain well known billionaire to control three at once. [b]- American Wrestling Association (Verne Gagne)[/b] - Crockett Promotions (Jim Crockett) - Extreme Championship Wrestling (Paul Heyman) - National Wrestling Alliance (Sam Muchnick) - WCW/NWO (Eric Bischoff) - World Wide Wrestling Federation (Vince McMahon Sr) - World Wrestling Entertainment (Stephanie McMahon) - WWF Attitude (Vince McMahon) - WWF Rock & Wrestling (Jack Tunney) The following are confirmed wrestlers in The Kings Of Kings. Then again, they are confirmed because there are in-game and functional. Nothing is listed if it isn't in-game. - Bill Goldberg (WCW/NWO) - Bruno Sammartino (WWWF) - Hulk Hogan (WWF R&W) - Kurt Angle (WWE) - Lou Thesz (NWA) - Ric Flair (Crockett) - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (Attitude) - Taz (ECW) - The Shooto Lion (Freelance) [b]- Verne Gagne (AWA)[/b] Confirmations Are As Of May 25th. [B]Release Date[/B] What is done will be released on WreSpi 2 Launch Day. And that is that. Thoughts?

Awesome idea Phil. Other guys that I think need to be included. Harley Race Bruiser Brody or King Kong Brody as he was called in St. Louis under Muchnick Dory Funk Jr. Terry Funk (mid 70's version) Jack Brisco Since Flair could work for Crockett or NWA, those listed above would add some NWA depth. Not sure how much I can assist, but if you need a resource, let me know.

Something I forgot to post in my topic. The pictures will have two different background. If the wrestler is modern with a color picture, the background will have futuristic blue & black bricks. If the wrestler is a vintage wrestler with a black & white picture, the wrestler will have a simple red bricks background. Here to show the idea, Yvon Robert & The Ultimo Dragon. Robert is expected to be the ace of the Montreal-based, Eddie Quinn promoted "International Wrestling Grand-Prix" while Ultimo Dragon is expected to be a worker & the promoter for a yet unnamed style-specific Japanese fed. The working name of Dragon's fed in my Microsoft Works document is "SOUD" for "Sons Of Ultimo Dragon", but that will not be the final name. [IMG]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/kikusaro/1421d508.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/kikusaro/dcbdd2f2.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=bookerman]Awesome idea Phil. Other guys that I think need to be included. Harley Race Bruiser Brody or King Kong Brody as he was called in St. Louis under Muchnick Dory Funk Jr. Terry Funk (mid 70's version) Jack Brisco Since Flair could work for Crockett or NWA, those listed above would add some NWA depth. Not sure how much I can assist, but if you need a resource, let me know.[/QUOTE] They're all expected in, but none are confirmed & done.

The Ultimo promotion is more or less based on Ultimo's very large "Wrestling Tree" meaning guys he trained, guys trained by guys he trained, and guys trained by the same guys he was trained by, etc... Sho Funaki and MENs Teioh are not expected to be in the data, but the others are.

• 2 weeks later...
List of confirmed stuff updated. ECW, Paul Heyman and Taz must not be surprises for anyone. The Shooto Lion is, well, me. Hey, I've got a right to hype myself, ok? :-) I've also completed the cleanup of the Moves database so that all the CornellVerse wrestlers trademarks that are duplicates of moves available as defaults are deleted. That took a long time.

Verne Gagne & the AWA now in... Just for laughs, I've ran a test pitting my pitiful cyber representation VS those 8 masters of the squared circle. I've found out that... 1) Shooto Lion has a KILLER Liver Shot, and that's what killed Goldberg, along with the nigh-unescapable Katahajime. 2) Shooto Lion's moveset allows him to run up his momentum and stretch matches far longer than they should go in some cases. He kept Taz on defense for 10 minutes AFTER his stamina was fully depleted, which is not a very hard task to do.... 3) As Kurt Angle figured out. That two minutes is not a typo, and it's not made up. I think it was like Angle hitting a suplex and punches, Shooto Lion trying to go for the usual Strike/Takedown/Submit strategy and failing, Angle hitting the Angle Slam, and that was it. Here for your perusal, the 8 matches and how they ended.... VS Goldberg (Win @ 21:30 via Submission (Katahajime) Rated E) VS Sammartino (LOST @ 12:30 via Submission (Canadian Backbreaker) Rated C-) VS Hogan (LOST @ 8:40 via Pinfall (Atomic Legdrop) Rated D) VS Angle (LOST @ 2:00 via Pinfall (Angle Slam) Rated F) VS Thesz (LOST @ 27:30 via Pinfall (Leaping Piledriver) Rated C+) VS Flair (LOST @ 33:10 via Submission (Figure Four Leg-Lock) Rated C) VS Austin (LOST @ 6:20 via Pinfall (Stone Cold Stunner) (Rated F) VS Taz (LOST @ 17:40 via Submission (Tazmission) (Rated D) VS Gagne (LOST @ 19:40 via Submission (Gagne Sleeper) Rated F)

• 2 weeks later...
Wondering about the future of this in its current form. DOTT will do the very old school stuff in their own data, and let's face it, they'll do it better than me. So I might just do "Modern" (Say, Hulkamania going forward) era wrestlers. Then you can just import my guys in their data or import their guys in mine. We'll use the same databases for moves and such, it's compatible. Meanwhile, I've been losing my time on Wikipedia, like usual. I came upon Adam Ryland's page. My name was on there, saying I was on his team. So I edited it and added that the DOTT guys were on there too. I don't deserve it anymore than they do, and truth be told, I don't know how or why I got on there. I didn't put myself on there, I swear. But I did create my own vanity article since SOMEONE thought I was worthy. [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Parent[/url] Please, do not vandalize. This says all there is to know including the answer to the BIG question... Did Phil Raven really exist? Or was it just a plot by the Quebec secret service to make you learn about LuFisto & company, the Quebec wrestlers you didn't know before Phil Raven appeared? Click and see for yourself. And what's on there is 100% gospel truth. Well it still was when I last checked it...

Woah, woah... wait a minute... FLI and Phil Raven were all fake? Man... I can sort of see why you did it, but I do feel like a dick for defending a now apparently ficticious company when people on the EWB borards claimed it was fake. Out of curiousity, who was fake and who wasn't? I'm guessing Stevie Fabulous and Keven Martel are real since they're in the most recent database you gave out (That I have since turned into my own personal up to date database) but who was fake? Adidas Fabulous? Rebok Fabulous? Orange Crush? I bet Orange Crush is one of them, because I used him a lot in one file and really wanted a picture but couldn't find one.... Speaking of which, is that photo of "you" for Phil Raven you or someone else? And how old are you, really? Man this is confusing... Sorry for all the questions and everything, but I respected you and FLI since EWR 1.0... this is a bit of a shock...

[QUOTE=Cold Cobra]Woah, woah... wait a minute... FLI and Phil Raven were all fake? Man... I can sort of see why you did it, but I do feel like a dick for defending a now apparently ficticious company when people on the EWB borards claimed it was fake. Out of curiousity, who was fake and who wasn't? I'm guessing Stevie Fabulous and Keven Martel are real since they're in the most recent database you gave out (That I have since turned into my own personal up to date database) but who was fake? Adidas Fabulous? Rebok Fabulous? Orange Crush? I bet Orange Crush is one of them, because I used him a lot in one file and really wanted a picture but couldn't find one.... Speaking of which, is that photo of "you" for Phil Raven you or someone else? And how old are you, really? Man this is confusing... Sorry for all the questions and everything, but I respected you and FLI since EWR 1.0... this is a bit of a shock...[/QUOTE] Hey I'm sorry, no doubt about that. I made a mistake. I don't think anybody would be offended or shocked if I had never taken the guise of Phil Raven, but when I did, it looked like a tremendous idea to get people interested in Quebec wrestling since they'd get to know an "Actual" Quebec wrestler. And it worked. And it was pretty creative to do. I regret selling this crap to guys like Jeff, Adam, Max, BD and you the most though. The FLI company like stated on Wiki, is based loosely on the old-school International Wrestling Grand-Prix league, on current day LI2000, and on my own views of what Quebec wrestling should. It was very similar to LI2000 so I don't know if you could say it was totally fictional. The wrestlers are a real melting pot. Some wrestlers who were originally stand-in fakes were turned into real guys in time. For exemple, Kidd Video became Kidd Video Fabulous, but when he rose to proeminence, he became the very real Handsome JF. Kevin Steen, LuFisto/Precious Lucy & all the ex-big leaguers were all obviously very real. But back then nobody knew Steen & Lulu. The cool thing is that I got to know LuFisto because of this and she directed me on my now REAL training. I'll be trained by her trainer probably! Keven Martel is very real, you can find him today in the EWR promotion, he is sadly semi-retired and will never live what I thought would be an awesome career. Reebok & Adidas along with Danny Dallas formed a real stable back when this got started, but I can't seem to find traces of any of them today. Stevie Fabulous is real and is based on a guy I know but he's no wrestler though. Same with Chris Copeland, and the relation between Chris and me is real too, we grew up together in the same foster home. They're ones of the rare who knew about this and they helped me with ideas. Ricky Fabulous was fake though. Melvin The Woodsman was fake, he was then changed into Kurt Lauderdale, who was then pulled from the updated when he murdered a girl. Jimmy Tell, Michael Hart, The Shemin Brothers, William Akna Sedna, Michelle & Julie are all fakes. Mahee Paiement, Tell's valet, is a real life Quebec celebrity (Okay, nude model amongst other things...) but she never got involved with wrestling. Eric Mastrocola is real. Fred Williams was real when the idea started, he since dissapeared and I changed the character a lot. George Gadaski Jr was fake. Eric Gracie was real when this started, but he since dissapeared. I took this group of similar style wrestlers, added myself to it so you'd care more, and pushed the idea of worked-shoots in wrestling with it. Orange Crush is fake. The Phil Raven picture was, as eloquantly stated by Forlan, Glen Kulka. It wasn't modified though. I needed a picture of a guy that would fit the Phil Raven bio and that would go unrecognized by most people. Kulka was obscure enough to work and it did. I'll post a real picture of me one day. My favourite aspect of FLI though was Ebessan. I was a big Ebessan fan, and in America, I was probably the only one back then. But I brought him in FLI and pushed his character and now, people in the sim community know and love him. And just like LuFisto, I got to know Ebessan too. About the real me now...I was born on September 19 1976. I never wrestled before recently, but I did play hockey at a high enough level. I had a pretty nothing happening life. I got an estranged wife and a kid I don't see anymore, that was real, as was my move resulting of it. Despite what I studied in school, I consider myself more of a game tester/data analyst/game designer and a fiction writer than a journalist. Then again, I'm very sorry. But I've decided to come out for one reason: my goal, even if I had nothing or little to do with it, is accomplished. Montreal is now back in the spotlight with the IWS. Hey, noticed how Phil Raven hated IWS? It was a way to get you to check them out. Real-life, I love the IWS. But now that people know there's wrestling here, I no longer have to tell you about it. The legacy of this RavenVerse is that, I guess, my fakes could be put into an add-on for the CornellVerse. Hey, I own the right to those things, I created them :) And I probably will do it. Hey, want FLI in there? Phil Raven will own it, of course.

Compulsiv liar or what, not sure whats write or wrong with anything you have ever said and your still lying to someone now This pm you sent me yesterday [quote]You damn right he is, I've known about those posts at 514 for a while. I even created a Shooto Lion in my WreSpi 2 data set, I mean heck, it's not a bad name. And since "Phil Parent" created it, it's kinda mine, heh? Just for starters, I think 514 is SCUM and I NEVER go there. I hate those people, they are IWS suck-ups and they never give traditional wrestling promotions their due. I wanted to give them a chance like a year ago (Under the name "RXPW") but it's really bottom-feeding scum. Those posts weren't by me, I can tell the person who wrote them has me well scouted and I'm wondering who it is, but it wasn't me. And quite frankly I don't care who it is. Just seen your topic now. Good job jumping all over it. But sorry, that wasn't me. I never knew my parents, so I can't possibly live with them. That's one part of my story that guy missed I guess. Bye.[/quote] You say in the post above that you like IWS and it was all a ploy, yet you tell me you don't go to 514 because they support IWS and not more tradtional promotions. In reality if anything 514 is more pro NCW than IWS. You also blatantly are saying in the pm, someone wrote all teh stuff pretending to be you but now you tell this cobra guy that you wrote it all. So what the hell is the real deal

Actually forlan, you should check your box again and see I sent a second PM with a part I had forgotten to write about in the first one just about thirty seconds after I sent the PM you mention. You know, the part where I tell you that I wrote those posts and that they were BS? I have a very low opinion of you, so I wouldn't tell you it would be raining in the middle of an hurricane. For somebody that "Doesn't care about this" you sure make a big deal out of it. Go back to your hole.

Im sorry but you arent entitled to tell anyone you have a low opinion on there, your a guy who felt he had to make things up to be accepted on the internet. Nothin you are saying now is porbablies even real, i suggest that you get medical help, everything you say is a lie, FLI was a lie, heck all this bull****ting could be a lie, you might not of even had a wife and such. And as someone in reply to this thread someone said to me on instant messaging [quote]he thinks he ****ing single handedly re-ignited the quebec wrestling scene, what a wanker[/quote] IF you do get trained and such, you will more then likely be a laughing stock in the business due to lies you have made up, also ****ting all over 514 doesn't really help as a lot of them a workers posting, sometimes under aliases. I got to know the quebec scene not because of you because of other people and the fact Steen etc broke out into the united states and worldwide. And i'm sure thats how many people found out about them. You know the person i feel sorry for most, Jeff, i mean it seemed that kid put his whole heart and soul into the update and you were making it a laughing stock with FLI as by the end many people if not all people knew it was totally fake. Jeff used to post about how he had schoolwork and such but would still do his best on the data and he seemed an all around good guy, i was shocked to see that you were wholly a fraud and such but i mean this guy had trusted you on everything for a long time. And another point to finish one, if you liked IWS and and wanted people want to check them out why give them terrible stats and bios making them sound either **** or glorified yardtards. Bye

[QUOTE=forlan]Im sorry but you arent entitled to tell anyone you have a low opinion on there, your a guy who felt he had to make things up to be accepted on the internet.[/Quote] Not true, I made it up to expose Montreal wrestling AFTER I was accepted as a stats updater and realized nobody knew who Kevin Martel and Precious Lucy were. [QUOTE]Nothin you are saying now is porbablies even real, i suggest that you get medical help, everything you say is a lie, FLI was a lie, heck all this bull****ting could be a lie, you might not of even had a wife and such. And as someone in reply to this thread someone said to me on instant messaging[/QUOTE] Hey, even my "coming out" might be a big fake I planned to bring attention to WreSpi2! Let's conspire! And I don't think I revived anything, just brought some people's attention to it. [QUOTE]If you do get trained and such, you will more then likely be a laughing stock in the business due to lies you have made up, also ****ting all over 514 doesn't really help as a lot of them a workers posting, sometimes under aliases. I got to know the quebec scene not because of you because of other people and the fact Steen etc broke out into the united states and worldwide. And i'm sure thats how many people found out about them.[/QUOTE] Sure, that's how my fake workers ended up in your stats update! [QUOTE]You know the person i feel sorry for most, Jeff, i mean it seemed that kid put his whole heart and soul into the update and you were making it a laughing stock with FLI as by the end many people if not all people knew it was totally fake. Jeff used to post about how he had schoolwork and such but would still do his best on the data and he seemed an all around good guy, i was shocked to see that you were wholly a fraud and such but i mean this guy had trusted you on everything for a long time.[/QUOTE] Why do you feel sorry about Jeff? He's doing fine. Doing better than you do, he doesn't have time to do this hobby anymore he's so busy. He's a fine young guy and he's doing great in life. I'm sorry I lied to him, yeah. But he isn't doing any worse for it. Jeff doesn't need Phil Parent in life. Jeff doesn't obsess on me like you do. He probably doesn't give a damn about this and why YOU do, I'll never know. It's pretty creepy actually. And I'm pretty positive Jeff knew it was fake, like I'm pretty sure Adam knew it was fake. Because after a while there was so many stuff in there nobody had ever heard of it was hard to believe. [QUOTE]And another point to finish one, if you liked IWS and and wanted people want to check them out why give them terrible stats and bios making them sound either **** or glorified yardtards.[/QUOTE] Because I could have done like I did with ISW, which I do not like, and block them out totally. Instead I made IWS my main "Enemy" for a while. [QUOTE]Bye[/QUOTE] To put a final point to this, I'm sorry for the lie, but whether I had anything to do with it or not, probably not, Montreal is doing fine and it doesn't need sugarcoating anymore. It can stand on its own and I'm most proud of that.

ISW didnt start until you were nearly done with stats so i don't see how they figure into anything. Your proud of the montreal scene as if you did something, you did nothing Your montreal knowledge aint even that good, you said Keven Martel can be seen in EWR when a) he wasn't in EWR for a long time before... b) they folded quite a while back now As for saying thats how i ended up with your fake workers, that was because I used to first RaveX beta as a base liek you said anyone could at the time. Because god forbid i din't think someone would be as much of a **** to just make a ****load of fake people and stuff them in there. I said i felt sorry for jeff because bfore he quit he seemed to spend countless hours on RaveX when you were turning it into a joke with all your fake ****. And I now remember you once saying on msn you really needed someone to talk to because your wife left you or something, so condiering you say you hate me why would you talk something so personal over. Because it was fake that is why, you should be in a mental institute for all your split personalities a you no longer seem to be able to distinguish between them anymore. bye

[QUOTE=forlan]ISW didnt start until you were nearly done with stats so i don't see how they figure into anything. Your proud of the montreal scene as if you did something, you did nothing Your montreal knowledge aint even that good, you said Keven Martel can be seen in EWR when a) he wasn't in EWR for a long time before... b) they folded quite a while back now As for saying thats how i ended up with your fake workers, that was because I used to first RaveX beta as a base liek you said anyone could at the time. Because god forbid i din't think someone would be as much of a **** to just make a ****load of fake people and stuff them in there. I said i felt sorry for jeff because bfore he quit he seemed to spend countless hours on RaveX when you were turning it into a joke with all your fake ****. And I now remember you once saying on msn you really needed someone to talk to because your wife left you or something, so condiering you say you hate me why would you talk something so personal over. Because it was fake that is why, you should be in a mental institute for all your split personalities a you no longer seem to be able to distinguish between them anymore. bye[/QUOTE] You used it as a base before it became public domain. And you lied about it. And you didn't do your research. And you got about 20 fakes on there as proof. Talking about mental institutions, when are you checking in? You are so obsessed with me and my shenanigans. You are getting scary dude. What do you have to be upset about. You are right! You were right all along. You were smart enough to see through the lie. Today I tell you you were right and you're still complaining. Keep on posting, it's entertaining.

The fact i actually felt genuinely sorry as did many other people when you put all this **** up about your wife and some other bloke or whatever it was when it was all a lie to try and get pity most likely. Another thing i find hilarious looking back, when you stayed off the forums for a few days because as you had trained with him you were a character witness in the Kurt Lauderdale case or something. Then you made up fake details about what was going on in the case etc, did you think it made you look important, it didn't. As someone just said to me "i bet hes a ****ing 11 year old girl or something who has a crush on Jaques Rougeau" Thankyou and Goodnight

The thing with my wife is true though, and in retrospect I shouldn't have posted it. The Lauderdale thing was lies. Yep. I was angry at him because I thought the media would focus on the fact he was a wrestler, unfortunately they didn't. No that guy is wrong. I'm really 5 years old, I live in Congo and I type this using a keyboard made out of bones. Really. Now I gotta go out for a walk, can I go take a walk without you crying over it, Forlan?

I'm not sure what to make of all this. I don't know if I'm really hurt by it. I’m more confused and even a little impressed. Phil and I used to talk a lot, especially back in the PW and EWR days. We talked about just about everything, but now I don't know what was real and what was made up. I felt like we were friends. Now I'm not sure if I even know Phil. Phil, just so you know, I never lied to you. Everything you know about me is 100% true. What impresses me is the fact Phil was able to stick to a solid story for so many years. I've known Phil for about 5 years and never once did he mention any of this being fake. He was very convincing to the point where he went into great detail about his “training” and working on the same cards as known wrestlers like Kurrgan and Kamala. I did have a feeling that some of Phil's story was a lie. While doing updates, the more I looked into the Quebec independent scene, the more holes I saw in Phil's story. I admit I was worked, but at the same time something like this doesn't surprise me. I've always known Phil to be a good storyteller and he is an experienced roleplayer in e-feds. Something like this wasn't entirely out the question.

Archived