Unrealistic attendance

I'm not sure if this should go in suggestions or here, but it's annoying regardless. Is there any chance of attendances being tweaked further to be closer to reality? As it stands companies need to have their popularity boosted to frankly ludicrous levels to draw the same numbers they get in real life. I've used WWE and AEW as the biggest examples but it's across the board and was much closer in 2016.

WWE's Real Life Attendance Levels

Raw 02/03/20 - 9,000

Smackdown 28/02/20 - 11,500

Raw 24/02/20 - 11,000

Smackdown 21/02/20 - 6,300

Raw 17/02/20 - 3,650

Smackdown 14/02/20 - 14,382

Raw 10/02/20 - 7,100

Smackdown 07/02/20 - 6,500

Raw 03/02/20 - 9,000

Smackdown 31/01/20 - 7,300

Raw 27/01/20 - 9,235

Royal Rumble 26/01/20 - 42,715

WWE's TEW Attendance @ 78 popularity (arguably too high) across the US

Raw - 5,040

Smackdown - 3,749

Raw - 5,507

Smackdown - 2,968

Raw - 4,843

Smackdown - 4,873

Raw - 2,015

Smackdown - 3,634

Royal Rumble - 19,580

As you can see, the attendances are too low despite the popularity being buffed to a level they wouldn't actually be able to sustain unless they were pulling unrealistic show ratings. Here's the AEW numbers:

AEW's Real Life Attendance Levels

Dynamite 04/03/20 - 3,342

Dynamite 26/02/20 - 3,700

Dynamite 19/02/20 - 5,500

Dynamite 12/02/20 - 4,274

AEW's TEW Attendance @ 65 popularity (too high) across the US

Dynamite - 2,008

Dynamite - 2,129

Dynamite - 3,000

Dynamite - 2,812

Same deal with the WWE example, but even more egregious this time as 65 is definitely too high for AEW despite the attendance being a little too low.

Wouldn’t this be a mod thing? Some of the mods I’ve seen had WWE at medium when they should be titanic.

How are the attendance for a titanic company vs medium vs large vs big.

That’s the bigger question.

Also considering some of the lastest real world mods have economy falling, is that also playing a role with low attendance?

Wouldn’t this be a mod thing? Some of the mods I’ve seen had WWE at medium when they should be titanic.

How are the attendance for a titanic company vs medium vs large vs big.

That’s the bigger question.

They shouldn't be titanic. Even 78 across the US is a little generous and hard for them to sustain, they're miles away from where they used to be. That's a different argument though.

They shouldn't be titanic. Even 78 across the US is a little generous and hard for them to sustain, they're miles away from where they used to be. That's a different argument though.

I disagree. It should be hard for them to retain their popularity. Anything lower would be easy for WWE. Whether they are titanic or not, they shouldn’t be a medium...But that’s for another thread.

FYI the WWE attendance numbers from the 2019 financials...

Average North American attendance increased by 15% to 5800 with an average ticket price of $57.13. So your average attendance is 5801...

Average International attendance decreased to 4100 with a 30% average ticket price increase to $84.26.

Keeping in mind this is from their financials so it includes ALL pay-per-views (including the Rumble and WrestleMania) and ALL US house shows. It is also the ACCURATE sales numbers instead of the reported or papered ticket number.

Overall, I'd say the game is doing a great job.

Average North American attendance increased by 15% to 5800 with an average ticket price of $57.13. So your average attendance is 5801...

Average International attendance decreased to 4100 with a 30% average ticket price increase to $84.26.

Keeping in mind this is from their financials so it includes ALL pay-per-views (including the Rumble and WrestleMania) and ALL US house shows. It is also the ACCURATE sales numbers instead of the reported or papered ticket number.

Why would you mention including house shows in that number as if it were a positive? If anything, it makes those numbers unusable since I'd imagine that house show attendances are lower than TV/PPV attendances.

Because it is important to consider all relevant information when presenting real information. Not trying to make a positive/negative argument, just a discussion point. Additionally, house show attendance historically is still in the 4K range, so when you add an event like Wrestlemania with 60K or the rumble with 35K, they all end up averaging. Without true, granular, data, the law of averages is the best way to present data. It may not be perfect, but we might as well use the real information for this discussion.

***As pointed out, this data is Q4 for WWE***

Those are only the Q4 numbers. It doesn't make much sense to me to factor house shows into the equation, anyway. The fact the average in game attendance is only 5,801 when at this point it should be higher only really illustrates the point.

That's to say nothing of something like NJPW being unable to get more than 26k into the Tokyo Dome at 82 popularity which, again, is too high for them to maintain when in reality they draw more than that and have been growing, not shrinking.

Those are only the Q4 numbers. It doesn't make much sense to me to factor house shows into the equation, anyway. The fact the average in game attendance is only 5,801 when at this point it should be higher only really illustrates the point.

That's to say nothing of something like NJPW being unable to get more than 26k into the Tokyo Dome at 82 popularity which, again, is too high for them to maintain when in reality they draw more than that and have been growing, not shrinking.

You are right it is Q4 (my mistake).

To add my data to your point...

WWE Raw (5,628 attendance)

AEW Dynamite (1,093 attendance)

WWE Smackdown (6,417 attendance)

ROH Wrestling (308 attendance)

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom (11,000 attendance)

—————————————————————————————————————

WWE Raw (5,644 attendance)

AAA Nuevo Mundo (3,000 attendance)

AEW Dynamite (750 SELL OUT)

WWE NXT (832 attendance)

WWE Smackdown (7,570 attendance)

———————————————

WWE Raw (6,346 attendance)

Impact (340 attendance)

WWE Smackdown (3,511 attendance)

NJPW WPW (4,935 attendance)

—————————

WWE Raw (6,828 attendance)AEW Dynamite (856 attendance)

WWE NXT (895 attendance)

WWE Main Event (7,643 attendance)

WWE Smackdown (7,643 attendance)

MLW Fusion (176 attendance)

MLW Fusion #1 (172 attendance)

MLW Fusion #2 (177 attendance)

NXT UK Takeover (367 attendance)

WWE Royal Rumble (32,596 attendance, 74 show rating)

To your point, my WWE started at 80. Had a solid month, and fell to 78 in popularity.

I disagree. It should be hard for them to retain their popularity. Anything lower would be easy for WWE. Whether they are titanic or not, they shouldn’t be a medium...But that’s for another thread.

I might make a thread on sizes tomorrow in the suggestions forum. I agree that classifying WWE as a medium company sounds completely ludicrous, but I think it's more on the fact that 77 shouldn't be the threshold for being called a large company. WWE fall to medium within 2 months in literally every sim I've done unless I start them with such high popularity it's impossible for them to fall that far so fast. Only way to avoid it would be to give them buffs that they don't deserve so the AI can keep them above 77. I think companies fall way too fast in popularity as well, but that's yet another topic that I'd have to make.