League website info vs staff info

I'm under the impression that the ratings we see for players on our roster are determined by how good our OC and DC are at scouting positions. So if I have a 3/5 LB (call him Joe) on my roster, and my DC is below average or poor in scouting LBs, then there is a good chance that Joe's true rating is very different from the 3/5 that my DC reported. So, what about the ratings that are shown on a league website? If I look at my team roster on the website of my multiplayer league, all of the player ratings match what I saw on my roster from within the game. So all the other coaches in the multiplayer league see the same bogus information that my DC reported? What if their own DCs are very good at scouting LBs? When my opponent looks at my depth chart, will their DC reveal the truth about LB Joe's true rating? I realize that the 'college defense' portion of the budget influences how accurately we see our opponents player ratings. So what confidence should we place on the ratings displayed on a multiplayer league website?

[QUOTE=Runtheball]I'm under the impression that the ratings we see for players on our roster are determined by how good our OC and DC are at scouting positions. So if I have a 3/5 LB (call him Joe) on my roster, and my DC is below average or poor in scouting LBs, then there is a good chance that Joe's true rating is very different from the 3/5 that my DC reported. So, what about the ratings that are shown on a league website? If I look at my team roster on the website of my multiplayer league, all of the player ratings match what I saw on my roster from within the game. So all the other coaches in the multiplayer league see the same bogus information that my DC reported? What if their own DCs are very good at scouting LBs? When my opponent looks at my depth chart, will their DC reveal the truth about LB Joe's true rating? I realize that the 'college defense' portion of the budget influences how accurately we see our opponents player ratings. So what confidence should we place on the ratings displayed on a multiplayer league website?[/QUOTE] I am near positive that the info displayed on the website is through the eyes of an average scout.

Archived