World Championship Wrestling - 1993

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG] World Championship Wrestling 1993[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Why WCW '93[/U][/B] Firstly, I would like to let you know why I have chosen WC-dubbya for 1993. I had previously ran the [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13908"]WCW '98 dynasty[/URL] and got bored with the monotony of great results. Love the scenario in my downtime, because WCW was really important to me back then, but I wanted a challenge. This scenario definitely gives that. Apologies for starting a-new... [B][U]WCW Hire New Head Booker - Dave Meltzer, the Wrestling Observer[/U][/B] News is buzzing in the professional wrestling ranks, as Ted Turner's World Championship Wrestling today announced the hiring of new booker, John Simpson. In what can only be regarded as a major surprise in the wake of Eric Bischoff's recent performances, it is interesting to find out the thoughts and aspirations for WCW under the guidance of Simpson. Dave Meltzer: Thank you for your time, John. John Simpson: Thank you for having me, Dave. Dave Meltzer: I regard myself as a fair bit of inside knowledge in the world of professional wrestling, while there's been some comments recently I didn't see you coming into the position of WCW Head Booker. Can you describe the sequence of events that lead to your hiring? John Simpson: Well, firstly, I've been involved out the back of professional wrestling arenas since the mid 1970's, particularly down in the Carolinas, which as you know, in a round-about way is now looked after by WCW. So I'm not completely unknown to the powers that be, I guess more than anything I am just a great fan of professional wrestling, and in particular southern professional wrestling. From that, I got contacts with the hierachy of WCW, and, well, one of Ted Turner's executives called me in last Tuesday and delivered the bombshell. Dave Meltzer: Have you had any discussions with any of the roster, or Eric Bischoff? John Simpson: I've known Eric since he moved down from the American Wrestling Association, not closely, but yes, we've held discussions. Basically, Eric will oversee the wrestling product for Turner's television conglomerate, and I will be reporting directly to him, so if anything, he gets a cooshy promotion out of all this. I think his new title is Director of Wrestling Operations or something, quite impressive. As far as the wrestlers, I haven't really talked to them since I signed the contract, but most of them I've talked to over the years. Its a very tribal feel within WCW. Dave Meltzer: We all know Hulk Hogan is on the free-agents list at the moment, do you have any aspirations to negotiate with him? John Simpson: I really haven't identified where we need to strengthen our roster yet. If I'm after someone to bring some hype, yes, Hulk will be looked at. But there's a range of issues to be ascertained with all parties, not just their in-ring suitability, but whether or not they will be effective in forming a positive core group backstage also. I don't want to get to a situation of the in-mates running the asylum so to speak. Dave Meltzer: Who in your estimation are the two guys currently in WCW that you can say they're your go to money men? John Simpson: I'd say at this stage "Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Sting, but there's also "Ravishing" Rick Rude, "Stunning" Steve Austin, even a youngster like Chris Benoit has a lot of potential to be tapped into. Dave Meltzer: What can fans expect? A show focussing predominately on good work inside the ring, or outside the ring charisma and entertainment? John Simpson: I think the fans demand a mix of both. Its about finding the ideal mix, I guess. I guess at the moment the market is kind of interesting, you've got the old school NWA fans who want tradition and drawn out matches, and then you've got the northern fans who want big guys wrestling quick matches and then creating drama outside the ring. Dave Meltzer: You say you've been involved with professional wrestling since 1970's, who are your wrestling idols? John Simpson: I grew up watching Ric Flair, and Harley Race, and Ricky Steamboat. I guess they were my three favourites as a youngster. Dave Meltzer: You'll be glad to see all three are on the WCW roster. John Simpson: That's an obvious attraction to me, purely from a fan's perspective of course. Dave Meltzer: John, thank you for your time, and good luck. John Simpson: Thank you. --------------- Later tonight - head booker John Simpson looks at the state of the roster, additions, cuts and changes. Stay tuned!

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG] World Championship Wrestling Monday August 1 1993 Analysing the Roster[/CENTER][/U][/B] I had heard from several sources that the WCW roster was heavily depleted, yet over-run by average workers. I was sent a video package on all workers, and came up with this evaluations. [B][U]Main Eventers[/U][/B] "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson - Arn was a cornerstone of the Horsemen, the epitomy of what it meant to be 'WCW'. A must keep. Heel. "Nature Boy" Ric Flair - Ric was the history of this organisation through the NWA ties. At this stage, he's held 11 World Titles. Not long back from a stint up north, where, as I expected, he was exceptional. Face. "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith - Davey was quite over in the World Wrestling Federation, where Bret "Hitman" Hart and him carved out a niche in the tag team division as the Hart Foundation. Face. Good to have here, at this stage. Sid Vicious - He's over, but I just don't see it. He's also a bit of a loose cannon backstage. He's headlined Wrestlemania recently, so purely on that, I'll keep him. Heel. Sting - Even at age 34, he has to regarded as the future of this organisation. He's worked sensational matches in the past with Ric Flair in particular. Face. "Stunning" Steve Austin - 27 year old with enormous potential, Eric for some reason has tried to warn me off him. The question I ask is, why? He could main event Starrcade's and draw heavily. Barry Windham - Barry comes from a famous wrestling family, and is quite over, particularly in the south. Appeared on the very first Wrestlemania in a tag match with Mike Rotundo. Face. Will keep. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat - I'm a massive Steamboat 'mark', I mean fan. Can't let those terms get out of course. This guy could have a great match with a socket wrench set. Face. Keep. "Ravishing" Rick Rude - "Cut the damn music", one of the most charismatic wrestlers of his generation, and quite capable in the ring too. Is a must keep, a recent 'steal' from the WWF. Heel. Big Van Vader - He's getting over due to his menace, his stiffness. Everything about Vader looks real. He's a large guy, not the most athletic, but certainly not your stereotypical big guy who stands there pounding away. Heel. Keep. [B][U]Upper Midcarders[/U][/B] "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff - Main-evented Wrestlemania 1. Has a great body, and an amazing ability to tell a story. Could go one of two ways, could move back to the main event, or promote a young light to the top. Heel. Must keep. Paul Roma - I made a quick call to Paul that night, and advised him he'd get his notice via Fed-Ex as early as tomorrow. Gone. Ron Simmons - The first black WCW Champion, he still has some developing to go yet, which I view as a positive. Face. The Great Muta - A ton of ability, currently on a PPA agreement from New Japan where we are going to utilise him to put some other talents over. If he consistently stayed in the States and focussed on WCW, he could spend time with Flair and co at the top. Face. Road Warrior Hawk - Michael is one of the top tag team wrestlers of the past 10 years, with Animal, who is not yet in World Championship Wrestling. Still, a great commodity in the cartoon era we find ourselves in, and will be retained. Face. The Shockmaster - Fred.. Fred... Fred. Freddie's getting a letter from Fed-Ex, great size, dismal at practically everything else in my book. I want WCW to be better than WWF, just because you spent time in WWF doesn't mean you are entitled to a job with WCW. Gone. Terry Funk - He's a living legend, and we're damn glad to have him, even as he approaches the half century mark. Face. Jerry Sags - Adds some legitimacy to the tag team division, on his own offers next to nothing. Heel. Will keep at this stage. "Lord" Steven Regal - A pompous British character with a great ability to tell a story and put his opponent over. Heel. Will keep and try to develop. "Earl" Robert Eaton - The former Midnight Express star teams with Steven Regal as the Blue Bloods, and has similar attributes. Heel. Will keep. "Flyin" Brian Pillman - One half of the Hollywood Blonds with Steve Austin. Has a lot of untapped ability. Reputedly has some behind the scenes drugs issues which we'll need to monitor. Heel. Cactus Jack - Mick is a young man who believes in taking it to the extreme. The likes of Ric Flair wouldn't be massive fans of his style (reference: Ric's book) but there's nothing like a group of thumbtacks to the head to add validity. Face. Dustin Rhodes - Not as charismatic as Dusty, the American Dream's chip off the old block has some way to go to get to his level. Will monitor. Face. Brian Knobbs - Half of the Nasty Boys with Jerry Sags. A week to week proposition. Heel. [B][U]Midcarders[/U][/B] Diamond Dallas Page - Joined the 'game' relatively late, has a lot of ground to make up, but I think he has the determination to get there. Heel. Keep. Plus his wife is HOT! "The Natural" Butch Reed - One half of Doom with Ron Simmons. Heel. Not a massive part of our future, but will be retained for the meantime. The Boss - Ray Traylor is struggling without the moniker of the Big Boss Man. For his, and our sake it is better if he rebounded to WWF to develop the Big Boss Man persona for the northern crowds once again. Terminated. Kole - Young man from the GWF with a fair bit of potential. Heel. Will try to develop. Barry Darsow - Without the paint, he has no real appeal. Terminate. Tom Zenk - He's solid, but nothing spectacular. Doesn't serve too much of a purpose currently. Terminate. King Kong - Angelo is a name with the older fans of the central and southern states of the USA, but time is running out on his career. We won't postpone the inevitable. Gone. Maxx Payne - Purely due to his connection with Cactus Jack, will be retained in the hope Cactus can develop some of his hardcore skills further. Heel. Johnny B Badd - He has a certain look to him, he's not refined yet, but he still has an unmistakable look that we'd like to try and develop. Face. [B][U]Lower Midcarders[/U][/B] Shanghai Pierce - Mark just isn't over at all down here, and doesn't offer enough potential to develop. Terminate. Tex Slazenger - Refer above. Chris Benoit - This guy has a bucketload of potential. Conceivably, the next big star in professional wrestling. Face. Too Cold Scorpio - This guy can fly. Face. Brad Armstrong - The perennial jobber really, don't see much use for him here. Terminate. Yoshi Kwan - Chris Champion isn't doing anything productive here. Terminate. Kane - The second part of Harlem Heat. Heel. [B][U]Opener[/U][/B] Thunder - I feel sorry for him, I do. But business is business and I wish him the best in his future endeavours. Charlie Norris - Trying to rip off Chief Jay Strongbow, and failing miserably. Bye. Eric Watts - The Cowboy's son, the people just aren't buying into him though. No long term plans, better luck elsewhere. Lightning - No loss, except off the wage list. He's a goner. Marcus Alexander Bagwell - Marcus has the look, and has forged a tag-team combination with Too Cold Scorpio. He's young enough to develop, provided he can control his attitude. [B][U]Enhancement Talents[/U][/B] "The Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan - Had a phenomonal run down in Florida way back then, but is now recognised as a bad influence backstage. Served his release form today. Van Hammer - Offers nothing. Gone. [B][U]Managers[/U][/B] Missy Hyatt - Hot. She'll keep. Heel. Harley Race - What an amazing icon. I've got to retain him in whatever capacity necessary. Heel. Ole Anderson - I don't see a massive future as a manager, what I do see though is enormous potential to form a tag team again with his 'cousin' Arn. Heel. Diamond Doll - Kim is sensationally beautiful. Dallas is a lucky guy. Face. Will keep. [B][U]Announcers[/U][/B] I overlooked the announcer/colour commentary position, and this was what I came up with. Tony Schiavone - Moved to a backstage role. Eric Bischoff - Moved to a managerial role. Mike Tenay - Retained. Michael Hayes - pushed back to the upper midcard. Jesse Ventura - Retained. Dusty Rhodes - Retained. Larry Zbysko - Pushed to an authority figure position. Nick Bockwinkel stayed as an authority figure, the referees were untouched, and of course, Billionaire Ted stayed as a backstage worker. [B][U]Offers[/U][/B] The following offers were made [LIST] [*]One unspecified worker of Canadian heritage [*]Jake "The Snake" Roberts [*]A third generation wrestler believed to be the son of Rocky Johnson [/LIST] Stay tuned for more, WC-dubbya 1993! PS: Thanks for that Giant, glad to see some enjoyment of WCW.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG] World Championship Wrestling - Tuesday August 2 1993[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]This Just In[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]The following wrestlers on PPA agreements with WCW were offered offers elsewhere; Chris Benoit, Diamond Dallas Page, Keiji Mutoh, Michael Hayes, A letter of intent was sent to Chris Benoit hoping to sway the Wolverine to sign a written deal with WCW [*]Wahoo McDaniel, Les Thatcher, Dory Funk Jr and Jack Brisco wee offered deals as road agents [*]Ed Ferrara and Vince Russo were offered deals as bookers [*]All WCW wrestlers offered their releases yesterday from Angelo Mosca to Kevin Sullivan, from Lightning to Thunder completed their departures from World Championship Wrestling today [*]Raw drew approximately 1.6m viewers, in front of nearly 13,000 in attendance at the Wachovia Center [*]"Iron" Mike Tenay, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes were today confirmed as WCW's announce crew. [*]WWF today announced the releases of names such as Jerry Brisco and Afa the Wild Samoan. [/LIST] [B][U]Wednesday August 3 1993[/U][/B] No major news. [B][U]Thursday August 4 1993[/U][/B] [B][U]This Just In[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]WCW today confirmed the signing of third generation wrestler Rocky Maivaia to a 12 month deal [*]Jake "The Snake" Roberts declined to negotiate with WCW in order to stick with his current indy bookings [*]"The King of Harts" Owen Hart has been confirmed as one of the men World Championship Wrestling approached; however, Owen has chosen to stay with brother Bret "Hitman" Hart in the World Wrestling Federation [*]WCW today advised the WCW International Heavyweight Championship had been 'retired'. It was held last by "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. [*]Rumour has it that Chris Benoit and Keiji Mutoh will begin a fued [*]Rumour has it "Nature Boy" Ric Flair will fued with Big Van Vader over the WCW World Heavyweight Championship [*]It is roumoured Arn Anderson will fued with Sting [*]It is rumoured Sid Vicious will fued with Ricky Steamboat for the WCW TV Title [/LIST] [B][U]Friday August 5 1993[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]WCW today pulled out of negoatiations with both Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara [*]In a major blow, Keiji Mutoh was appointed booker of All Japan. A proposed storyline between himself and Chris Benoit was scrapped [*]WCW is rumoured to have rebooked Chris Benoit to fued with "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff [*]It is now rumoured "Stunning" Steve Austin will fued with Terry Funk [*]WCW announced fans would be treated to Ric Flair v Big Van Vader on the upcoming screening of World Championship Wrestling. [/LIST]

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG] WCW Saturday 6 August 1993[/CENTER][/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.arikah.net/encyclopedia/images/thumb/5/5f/150px-WWELogo_84-94.png[/IMG] [B][U]This Just In[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]The World Wrestling Federation has appointed Vince Russo as its new head booker. Russo reportedly had been contacted by World Championship Wrestling who pulled out of negotiations due to rumoured behind the scenes attitude differences [/LIST]

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG] World Championship Wrestling Saturday 5 August 1993 Live from the Phillips Arena, Atlanta Georgia[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]"I'm gonna be in Penthouse!"[/U][/B] [QUOTE]To kick off the show, the beautiful wife of Diamond Dallas Page, the Diamond Doll Kimberly Page herself confronted the crowd to give them a sneak preview of her upcoming Penthouse cover. A*. Lifted the crowd. [/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW World Tag Team Championship Too Cold Scorpio and Marcus Alexander Bagwell v Harlem Heat v The Blue Boods[/U][/B] [QUOTE]This triple threat match was to decide the winner of the held up Tag Team Titles, which were vacated when Arn Anderson's championship partner Paul Roma left World Championship Wrestling. In a slow, slug it out type of affair, the Blue Bloods collected the cash. C+. Announcing quality lifted the match. Colour commentary gave the match a boost. Was a let down from the previous segment. Benefitted from a hot crowd. Lord Steven's regal performance stood out as being good. Kole is improving in rumble skills, technical and performance skills. Kane is improving in performance skills. Bagwell is improving in performance skills. Regal is improving in rumble skills. [/QUOTE] [B][U]The Living Legend is the new WCW commissioner... and...[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Larry Zbysko's first point of business as WCW commissioner was to announce that he was forcing Big Van Vader to put his World Heavyweight Championship on the line against, none other than.... the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. A. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW Television Title Match - Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat v "Flyin'" Brian Pillman[/U][/B] [QUOTE]These two classic ring technicians put on a classic 'bout, with Pillman exciting the crowd with several high cross body manouvers from the top rope. Eventually though, the experience of the Dragon won through when he collected the win with a brainbuster. B+. Lifted the crowd. Pillman is improving in technical and performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Sid attacks Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Sid came to ringside after the TV Title match, as Ricky Steamboat collected his breath from the high intensity match. As he turned around, he was powerbombed from the beach blond bohemeth. A. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]The Hardcore Icon and Stunning Steve Austin square off[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Following the ad break, Stunning Steve Austin rounded a corner and saw Terry Funk stretching. Austin told Funk he was too old to be in this business anymore, and that Austin was here to make sure old pieces of sh!t like Funk ended up permanently retired so the likes of Austin could assume their rightful position at the top of World Championship Wrestling. With that, Funk hit Austin with a hard right punch... B-. Let down from the previous segment. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Funk is improving at acting. Austin is improving performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Hardcore Match - "Stunning" Steve Austin v Terry Funk[/U][/B] [QUOTE]And so started an impromptu yet sanctioned match, with a nearby referee called into officiating. The two men brawled through the back hallways, collecting several nasty spots in the kitchen catering area, and even getting out into the carpark. Funk, the master of hardcore triumphed over his young adversary with a power slam on the hood of a car, for the pinfall. B+. Missy Hyatt did good work assisting Austin. Austin and Funk have great chemisty, and it showed. Lifted the crowd. Austin is improving in rumble skills. Austin is improving in flying skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]"The Wolverine" Chris Benoit v "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Back into the main arena, and into the squared circle, one of WCW's young prodigy's, Chris Benoit from Alberta, Canada showed some electrifying moves against the seasoned 'Mr Wonderful' Paul Orndorff. However, his inexperience finally told as Mr Wondeful caught him in a high cross body manouver and ended the match via the piledriver. C+. Announcing and colour commentary lifted the match. Benefitted from a hot crowd. Benoit is improving in performance skills. Orndorff is improving in technical and performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Interview with the "Nature Boy"[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair was backstage and cut a promo, telling Big Van Vader that his years of experience and street smarts would account for the sheer size and intensity of Big Van Vader. He told the crowd that Diamonds are Forever, and so is Ric Flair, and tonight will be no different as... Woooo, Atlanta once again witnessed another "Nature Boy" World Title reign. A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Sting v Arn Anderson[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Surfer boy Sting, as always caught a massive pop from the crowd, as the two WCW legends squared in a match of supremacy, the two ex and bitter Horsemen team-mates squaring off vowing to spill blood. This classic battle was ended with Arn Anderson passing out to the Scorpion Deathlock. B+. These two don't click at all. Lifted the crowd. Anderson is improving in rumble skills. Sting is improving in performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW President Bockwinkle speaks[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Nick Bockwinkle told the Georgia fans he was not going to be out done by the living chump Larry Zbykso in terms of putting on a spectacular for these out of shape, low life Georgians. He told the fans that tonight Dustin Rhodes would defend his United States Title against... Barry Windham, "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith AND "Ravishing" Rick Rude B-. Benefitted from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW United States Championship Dustin Rhodes v "Ravishing" Rick Rude v "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith v Barry Windham[/U][/B] [QUOTE]It was all go as all four of the men were active at the same time for Dustin Rhodes' United States Championship. All four men showed a lot of power in their arsenal, with several sharp kick outs. Eventually, Barry Windham was floored by the Rude Awakening, which Rick Rude converted into a pinfall to collect the United States title, without Dustin Rhodes even being pinned. B. Windham seemed off his game tonight. Windham was tiring. Colour commentary gave match a boost. Dustin is improving in tech/perf skills. Rude is improving in tech skills. DBS is improving in rumble/performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Video Package - Ric Flair and Big Van Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE]An extended video package was shown, highlighting historic moments where Ric Flair defied the odds - winning in front of chaotic scenes in Puerto Rico, defeating the legendary Harley Race himself for the NWA title, beating the "American Dream", surviving against Sting only a couple of years earlier. Nothing though, would compare with the sheer enormity of battling...Big...Van....Vader A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Big Van Vader v "Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE]There is few better at telling an in ring story than Ric Flair, and after copping a ferocious beating at the hands of the champion, he finally started to mount a comeback. Just as he was starting to mount a comeback though, he was floored by a foreign object on the knuckles of Vader, which did not get seen by the referee. Big Van Vader was on his last legs, and was fortunate to retain his World Heavyweight Championship. A*. Announcing wasn't up to the same quality. Lifted the crowd. Flair is improving in rumble skills. BVV is improving in performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]No Mercy[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Post match, Big Van Vader showed no mercy for the eleven time World Heavyweight Champion, power bombing him, and then performing a banzai drop from the second rope as the North Carolina veteran was helpless courtesy of Big Van Vader's outlandish actions previously. A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] Overall rating: A Attendance: 15,000 Should be considered a success. The show drew 793,730 on TNT.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U][CENTER]Monday Week 2 August 1993[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]This Just In[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]World Wrestling Federation booker Vince Russo's first action was to terminate the contract of Raymond Rougeau [*]WWF Superstars came from the Arena at Harbor Yard in New England, drawing 8.875 - the double main event saw Shawn Michaels defeat Giant Gonzalez to retain the Intercontinental Championship and the Undertaker defeat Bam Bam Bigelow [*]Superstars drew nearly 2.2 million across it's three timeslots [*]New Japan Pro Wrestling held the PPV 'Power Army Stage' last night in front of 30,000 fans at Shikoku, with Riki Choshu defeating Keiji Mutoh for the IWGP heavyweight title - the PPV secured 1,869 buys [*]The goals have been set for World Championship Wrestling booker John Simpson - within the next 11 months the promotion must not fall in size, the promotion cannot drop below $0 at any stage, the promotion must have $14m when the time expires [*]WCW booker John Simpson has claimed Saturday Night will now begin to feature far stronger production values, and there will be a significant increase in quality and quantity of wrestler merchandise [*]WCW booker John Simpson was quoted in a wrestling magazine that in order for WCW to achieve its potential it'd need a stronger position in terms of its television schedule. He thought Saturday Night was well received, yet only received a portion of what average or poor World Wrestling Federation shows are able to receive. [/LIST] [B][U][CENTER]Tuesday August 9 1993[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]This Just In[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]WWF Raw drew 4,531 to the Grand Olympic Auditorium in the South West [*]Raw gained just over 1.7m viewers on television [/LIST]

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG] WCW Saturday Night Saturday August 13 1993 From Autry Court in the Mid South[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Steamboat and Vicious face off[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Following Steamboat's epic upset on the last edition of Saturday Night, Sid Vicious came to face off chest to chest backstage with the Dragon as he entered the building. Seemingly half the roster had to come in and pull the two men apart as tensions started to flair. B.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Cactus Jack v Diamond Dallas Page[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A young hardcore icon took on the rookie, of considerable age, winning in 4:38 with the Bang Bang Elbow. C+. Diamond Doll did some good work at ringside. Announcing/colour commentary lifted the quality of this match. Benefitted from a hot crowd. Cactus Jack is improving in performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Eric Bischoff interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The relatively unknown former announcer for the AWA came to the ring and quickly told the crowd that tonight would be the beginning of something special. He began to preach excellence, success, and revolution. C-. Brought the mood down.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Stunning Steve Austin Interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Following the ad break, Austin came to the ring and taunted Terry Funk, about how young he was, how much of a future he had, and how he would proudly end the career of that fossil Funk, perhaps tonight. B-.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW Tag Team Championship The Blue Bloods v The Nasty Boys[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The pompous Brits took it to the alcohol and power fuelled Nasty Boys, in a bit of an odd clash. Earl Robert Eaton got hold of a foreign object, which was undetected, and took out Jerry Sags for the win. B. Announcing/colour commentary gave the match a boost. Knobbs is improving in rumble/performance skills. Sags is improving in rumble/performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Ric Flair challenge[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair came to the ring, to the wild applause of the crowd. He performed one of his trademark, inspirational, high energy interviews, telling the crowd that he was sick of Big Van Vader and that he was a paper champion compared to the immortal Flair. With that, he laid down the challenge. A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]"British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith v Barry Windham[/U][/B] [QUOTE]These two powerhouses worked a slow, yet strong match between these two muscular wrestlers. Davey Boy was able to secure the win via the running powerslam. B+. Windham was visibly tiring towards the end of the match. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Terry Funk arrives[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The Hardcore Icon arrived, shaking his head at Austin's comments. C. Was a let down. Benefitted from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Ron Simmons v Terry Funk[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Clearly fired up, Terry Funk made a point of proving to Stunning Steve Austin that was life left in Funk yet, when he collected the win courtesy of the Funkersault. B-. Announcing/colour commentary lifted the match.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Mr Wonderful attacks Chris Benoit[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Paul Orndorff made a point of finding Benoit backstage to make him pay with a vicious assault, for attempting to show him up last week. C-. Suffered as a let down. Benoit performed poorly. Brought the mood down.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Minnesota Wrecking Crew v Ricky Steamboat and Sting v Too Cold Scorpio and Marcus Alexander Bagwell[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Sting and Arn Anderson spent a lot of time in the ring, against one another, continuing their bitter fued from last week. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew was declared the winners after the legal man, Sting was counted out taking it to the outside to brawl with the non-legal man Arn Anderson. B. Colour commentary gave the match a boost. Ole Anderson is improving in performance skills. Arn Anderson is improving in performance skills. Sting is improving in performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Steamboat attacked[/U][/B] [QUOTE]As Steamboat tried to call Sting back into the ring to beat the 10 count, Sid Vicious made an appearance and immediately power bombed Steamboat. B.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Ric Flair/Vader recap[/U][/B] [QUOTE]An extended video package promoted last week's match between Flair and Vader, and their previous history. A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Big Van Vader v Ric Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A brutal match, Vader was ran ragged by the experienced Nature Boy. But just as Ric Flair was setting Big Van Vader up for his patented figure four, after a brutal encounter, Arn Anderson stormed to the ring, and gave Flair a low blow. He pulled Vader on top for the three count. A. Announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Flair attacked[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Post match, Arn Anderson continued the beat down on Ric Flair, along with Big Van Vader... and Stunning Steve Austin, Ravishing Rick Rude and Ole Anderson. Eric Bischoff from the top of the ramp told the crowd that tonight they were seeing the revolution, he preached success, dedication, exactly what the [B][U]Oval Office[/U][/B] stood for. A. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Austin performed poorly. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Terry Funk for the SAVE![/U][/B] [QUOTE]As the men held Flair in the corner for continued brutal assaults, Terry Funk came charging down to the ring to scare off the Oval Office members. A. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Funk was underwhelming. Performance of Flair looked good. Vader came across well. Austin performed poorly. Segment lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Final Rating:[/U][/B] A. Considered a success. Should have increased our popularity. Attendance, 5000. TV Ratings: We were just 32... thats right, 32 people off 800,000 on TBS. A big improvement! The Evil Oval Office has been formed, Eric Bischoff, the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Stunning Steve Austin, Ravishing Rick Rude, and WCW Heavyweight Champion Big Van Vader. It is unclear whether Ric Flair will be in action next week, as he was stretchured from the arena after Terry Funk made the save belatedly.

[QUOTE=giantgonzales]Wow, you must be a really awesome booker. I can't get over a B- for any of my shows in WWF 1993, I have used a brand split on an awful roster and I'm focusing on the crap side of things though. Back to the point, great couple of shows, really enjoying it.[/QUOTE] Thanks GG. I have to say I have looked at your 'wrestlecrap' dynasty, I reckon its pure genius. The fact is, neither roster in 1993 was particularly good, it was sort of the change from the cartoon era of the 80s which had come out of "DOTT", into the risque era of Monday Night Wars. Its really at a crossroads. For WCW, in my eyes, Ric Flair was, is, and always has been "the man". Thats what makes Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo's booking even more laughable when they continually ran this man into the ground with poor booking and bad attitudes towards him. So, the simple concept I'm running with is, work around Flair, and build people up to his level (Hopefully!). Good luck with yours, thoroughly enjoying it!

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U][CENTER]Monday Week 3 August 1993[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]This Just In[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]Former World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion, Hulk Hogan, has signed a written contract to appear for All Japan Pro Wrestling. Neither WCW or WWF appeared interested in the Thunder in Paradise star [*]Legendary Mid Atlantic wrestler, Wahoo McDaniel has signed a deal with New Japan Pro Wrestling [*]Former World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion The Shiek has signed with New Japan Pro Wrestling [*]Stu Hart's Calgary Stampede promotion has signed former WWF star Raymond Rougeau and former WCW jobber Brad Armstrong [*]Ultimo Dragon has signed with All Japan Pro Wrestling [*]Chavo Guerrero has signed with CMLL [*]WWF Superstars drew 4,669 from the Smith Center in the heart of WCW's home territory in the Mid Atlantic. Shawn Michaels defeated Giant Gonzalez to retain the Intercontinental Championship and Yokozuna defeated the Lex Express Lex Luger to retain the WWF World Heavyweight Championship. [*]Superstars gained approximately 2.15m from its television time slots which was a minute drop compared to its last taping[/LIST] [B][U][CENTER]Tuesday Week 3 1993[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]This Just In[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]Tammy Sych has signed a PPA deal with Calgary Stampede Wrestling and is looking forward to working under the tulelage of the legandary Stu Hart [*]Legendary World Wrestling Federation star Tito Santana has signed a PPA deal with Frontier Martial Arts Wrestling in Japan. [*]World Wrestling Federation's Raw was held at Baker Stadium in the North West, and featured the Undertaker and "Macho Man" Randy Savage defeating Razor Ramon and Mr Perfect and Shawn Michaels defeating Giant Gonzalez to retain the Intercontinental Championship. They drew approximately 5,000 to the arena. They drew 1.73m on television [*]Ginsei Shinzaki has signed a deal with All Japan Pro Wrestling [/LIST] [B][U][CENTER]Thursday Week 3 August 1993[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]This Just In[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]World Championship Wrestling and FOX have announced the debut of "Nitro", signing a 4 season contract for a 2 hour show beginning at 10PM! [*]New Japan Pro Wrestling has been dropped by Nippon TV [*]In a sign that "Nature Boy" Ric Flair will be unable to compete at the Saturday Night Taping, WCW Head Booker John Simpson has confirmed the main event of Big Van Vader and Stunning Steve Austin of the Oval Office to team up against Ric Flair's close friends Sting and Terry Funk who will attempt to gain revenge for their fallen friend [*]It is unknown whether Ric Flair will be able to face Big Van Vader at the upcoming "Clash of the Champions" PPV [/LIST]

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcwsn.jpg[/IMG] WCW Saturday Night Saturday Week 3 August 1993 From the TD Waterhouse Center, Orlando, Florida[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Recapping Flair under attack[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"Iron" Mike Tenay warned fans that the upcoming video clip may offend some viewers, that the forthcoming video from Saturday Night was totally real, and that the status of the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair is unknown following that hideous attack from the group calling themselves the Oval Office. He also indicated that Big Van Vader may not have to defend his titel against Flair at the Clash of the Champions, due to Ric's health but further announcements on that were expected throughout this event. The video showed the devastating attack from Eric Bischoff's group, including Ric's own former friends Ole and Arn Anderson, his cousins, before the coup de grace came from Big Van Vader himself. Finally, clips are shown of Terry Funk running down to ringside t save Ric's life it seemed. The video explained that after the show went off air, Ric Flair was strectured out of Autry Court and put in a nearby hospital. The extent of the injuries weren't clear yet, but it is expected that Flair's long standing neck injury, following that horrendous airplane crash in the mid 70's may have reaggravated, but no medical reports had been handed to World Championship Wrestling yet. A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]An informal alliance between Sting and Funk[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Terry Funk entered Stinger's dressing room, and told Sting that they had to bind together, starting tonight against Stone Cold and Big Van Vader himself in a tag match to settle the score for their friend, who'd done the right thing by them time and time again in the past, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Sting shook Funk's hand, and the two men embraced. B-. Was a let down. Benefitted from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]The Minnesota Wrecking Crew v Too Cold Scorpio and Marcus Alexander Bagwell[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The Minnesota Wrecking Crew came to the ring surrounded by a chorus of boos in this very impartial Oval Office setting. Arn didn't appear flustered by it, but Ole threatened one elderly lady and ripped up her "Oval Office sucks" sign. The match itself featured a brief period of offence from Too Cold Scorpio, including a vicious aerial dropkick on Ole Anderson. But as they were beginning to gain an advantage on their much experienced opponents, Arn Anderson distracted Too Cold allowing Ole Anderson to pull out the inside cradle for the pinfall and victory. B. Eric Bischoff did some good work at ringside. Ole and Arn looked good otu there.[/QUOTE] [B][U]The Minnesota Wrecking Crew talk[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Despite the heavy boos of the crowd, the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, and Eric Bischoff spoke to the fans to tell them why. Arn Anderson explained he always thought the Four Horsemen was the embodiment of success, fame and fortune, but that Eric Bischoff had convinved them that Ric Flair himself had garnered all the accolades, while the likes of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew went out and did the dirty work for him. Ole Anderson explained that even a tough guy like him likes the simple pleasures in life, and while people thought the Four Horsemen lifestyle was glamorous, that the Oval Office had taken it to another level with upmarket limousines, private leer jets, private parties in five star hotels, more women than they could remember and lots of greenbacks and that it was time Ric Flair paid for holding them back. A*. Eric Bischoff helped both Arn and Ole. This segment lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]World Championship Wrestling TV Title Match Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat v "Road Warrior" Hawk[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A match between two competitors with contrasting styles. One, a fast fluent mover, the other a powerhouse famed for his tag team combination with Animal, perhaps the best tag team of all time. The Road Warrior held dominance for much of the match, hitting the Television Title holder with many power moves, from body slams, to suplexes, to backbreakers. However, the fans started to get behind Steamboat, who sprung back to life, and hit a dazzling springboard dropkick from the top rope to retain his TV Title. B. Steamboat and Hawk don't click. Colour commentary gave the match a boost. Benefitted from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Sid Vicious attacks Ricky Steamboat[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Post match, in a similar beat down from last week, Steamboat was attacked by Sid Vicious, who took advantage of Steamboat on the outside of the ring, dropping him jaw first onto the unprotected ringside guardrails. Vicious was able to be heard complaining that Steamboat was 'avoiding' him but there'd be no avoiding him at Clash of the Champions. B+. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]I can't wrestle tonight...[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair is here!!! Coming to the ring aided by a walking frame, and a neckbrace, and with his forrid taped up, Ric Flair came to the ring to the applause of the pro-Flair crowd. Flair told the fans that he was hear tonight to tell them that his career is probably over, thanks to what the Oval Office pulled on him. He said that he felt worse than he ever felt before, even following the plane crash way back when. More beat up than the likes of Harley Race or Greg Valentine could ever put him through. He told the fans that he loved them, and that he'd never forget them. Just as he finished that, Big Van Vader came out with Eric Bischoff, Bischoff told the fans that Flair was a phoney, and a coward, and it was for the good of professional wrestling that Flair had been destroyed by the Oval Office. He also told Flair it was a good thing he wouldn't be around to see his good friends Terry Funk and Sting have their careers ended too. Flair fired up, telling Bischoff that in the blink of an eye, he had seen the light. Woooo!! Space Mountain was back in action, just not tonight, he'd hope to get a medical clearance for Clash of the Champions to beat down Big Van Vader once and for all. Bischoff told Flair that he hadn't earnt his shot, and that simply wasn't possible if he wasn't going to wrestle tonight. Bischoff told Flair, if he's serious about a title shot, he'd face Ravishing Rick Rude in a number one contendors match, right here, right now! A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]"Ravishing" Rick Rude v "Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The best body in professional wrestling duly accomdated Bischoff's order and headed to the ring to try and put Flair out of business for once, and for all. The match was brutal, with Flair unable to show any real offence. He still had the headbandaged up, and the neckbrace on. Rude picked up the walking frame and threw it straight at Flair, and then performed a forward russian leg sweep with Flair's head crashing onto the frame. Just as it appeared Flair stood no chance, he somehow started to mount an offence. His punches became stiffer, he even gave his legendary strut. Finally Rude's vicious offence started to tire him out, allowing Flair to hit his patented low blow. The superfictious Ravishing one held his crown jewels intact, while Flair stole the pinfall!!! A. Bischoff did some good work at ringside. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Rude is improving in performance skills. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Flair challenges Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Flair reminded Eric Bischoff he'd made his biggest mistake, even bigger than having a raw turkey on a pole match up in Minnesota way back when, no, it was now Space Mountain was back in action baby, the adrenalin was rushing, and by god... WOOOO!! Pain or no pain, Ric Flair was now bowing down for the pride of WCW on the line and would end Big Van Vader's title reign at Clash of the Champions! WOOO!!! A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Chris Benoit v Lord Steven Regal[/U][/B] [QUOTE]One half of the tag champions, Steven Regal had a quick victory over Chris Benoit, who, despite his inexperience managed to hit several high offence moves before the wiley Brit was able to beat the Canadian with a pinfall manouver. B. Announcing lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Benoit is improving in rumble skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Funk and Austin get physical[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Meanwhile, backstage the cameras cut to Stunning Steve Austin, who has a bloodied Terry Funk laying prone in the corner of a disturbed dressing room. Just as Austin looks to set Funk up for something dangerous, the Living Legend charges into the dressing room with security guards, and reminds both the men not only will they be competing in a tag match for the main event tonight, but they will be going one on one, in a cage, at Clash of the Champions! B-. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Funk and Austin are developing better performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Sid Vicious v Rocky Maivia[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The newcomer to WCW was largely squashed in a quick beat up from Sid Vicious, who reminded Ricky Steamboat with a powerful burst of offence just how dangerous the match would be at Clash of the Champions. C+. Announcing lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost. Rocky is improving in rumble skills. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Mr Wonderful wants Benoit[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff stormed the ring and said he had read an article or two that was quite impressed by the 'wonderful' offensive capabilities of Chris Benoit. Orndorff reminded the crowd that he was the wonderful one, and at Clash of the Champions, Benoit would find out why. B-. Harley Race helped Orndorff in this segment.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Cactus Jack v Brian Pillman[/U][/B] [QUOTE]This hardcore upstart came face to face with Flyin' Brian Pillman. Pillman tried to run Cactus Jack ragged with a fast tempo, even causing Cactus Jack to bleed with a vicious flying elbow. However, Pillman went flying one too often and was caught by Cactus Jack, who power slammed Pillman for the pinfall. C+. Cactus Jack and Pillman don't click. Announcing lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Flair is already working out![/U][/B] [QUOTE]The bloodied Ric Flair was seen in the back, having just received a body massage, picking up the weights to get into some sort of physical shape to face the physical phenom Big Van Vader at the Clash! A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Sting and Terry Funk v Big Van Vader and Stunning Steve Austin[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Sting and Terry Funk mounted a quick offence on Stunning Steve Austin, with Funk going to floor to continue to brawl with Austin once both Sting and Big Van Vader were tagged in. Sting tried to run the big man around, but eventually, Vader was able to mount some powerful offence, and ended the match with an amazing banzai drop onto the fallen Sting for the pinfall. B. Missy Hyatt did some good work at ringside. Big Van Vader looked good out there. Stunning Steve Austin is improving in technical skills.[/QUOTE] [B]Rating:[/B] B [B]Attendance:[/B] 13,189 No specific comments regarding the show. We drew 752,995 on TBS. Terry Funk was warned after arriving very late to the show.

[CENTER][B][U][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/clash.jpg[/IMG] From the Thompson-Boiling Arena, Knoxville, Tennessee Sunday Week 3 1993[/U][/B][/CENTER] [B][U]Dark Match 15 Man Battle Royal Featuring Barry Windham, Brian Knobbs, "The Natural" Butch Reed, Cactus Jack, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, Diamond Dallas Page, Dustin Rhodes, Jerry Sags, Johnny B Badd, Kane, Kole, Maxx Payne, Road Warrior Hawk, Rocky Maivia, Ron Simmons[/U][/B] [QUOTE]To get the crowd in the mood for 'wrasslin', Davey Boy Smith won a over the top rope battle royal - with the final eliminations being Ron Simmons, Barry Windham, and Jerry Sags. C+. Windham was off his game tonight. Announcing lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost. Barry Windham is improving in rumble/performance skills. Butch Reed is improving in rumble and performance skills. Cactus Jack is improving in rumble skills. Davey Boy Smith is improving in rumble and performance skills. Johnny B Badd is improving in performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Clash of the Champions Main Card[/U][/B] [B][U]Chris Benoit v "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Orndorff came to the ring with a WCW magazine that talked about how wonderful Chris Benoit was, and ripped it up in the rookies face. Benoit was completely unfazed by it. Orndorff tried to dominate the match, but every time he went for one of his patented power moves, the youngster had a couple, and eventually, defying the odds, pulled off the very dangerous looking Crippler Crossface which Orndorff had to submit to. C+. Announcing lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost. Orndorff is improving in rumble skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Ric Flair and Big Van Vader video[/U][/B] [QUOTE]An extended video package highlighted the sequence of events that had led up to the main event tonight, including the injury Flair suffered at the hands of the newly formed Oval Office, and his comeback against the odds to get himself into some sort of physical shape, for the pride of WCW, to challenge for the Heavyweight Championship and to take the most prized accolade in this sport out of the possession of Eric Bischoff and Big Van Vader. A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW World Tag Team Championship Too Cold Scorpio and Marcus Alexander Bagwell v The Blue Bloods[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The Blue Bloods tried to slow the pace of the match down, until Bagwell was able to tag in Too Cold Scorpio, who took the match to the top rope with a sequence of high flying moves to change the pace of the match. Eventually, Earl Robert Eaton was pinned after a Scorpio flash, and the underdogs had won the coveted WCW Tag Team Championship! C+. Announcing quality lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost. Suffered as a let down to the previous segment.[/QUOTE] [B][U]"Nature Boy" interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]On his way to the arena, guarded by security vehicles, Ric Flair gave an interview via video hook-up. He told the fans, that the limousine riding, jet styling, profiling son of a gun that is Space Mountain, WOOO, that is the Nature Boy, would make sure that the greatest piece of gold in this sport's elite history - from when it was held by Lou Thesz, to Harley Race, from Dusty Rhodes... WOOO... to the Nature Boy, would once again come back to the fans, courtesy of the Nature Boy himself. Flair was still heavily bandaged, and wearing the neckbrace. A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW Television Title Match Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat v Sid Vicious[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Sid Vicious completely dominated from the outset, piling on suplex, after bodyslam, after vicious elbows, to vicious hooks and uppercuts, sending the Dragon reeling, who was split open. As Vicious posed for the crowd motioning for the powerbomb, Steamboat found a new lease of life and as Vicous turned around to see what the commotion was about Steamboat leaped into a flying bodypress to get the pinfall and retain the TV Title! A. Sid Vicious was off his game tonight. Lifted the crowd. Vicious is improving in technical skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Stunning Steve Austin interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Backstage, Stunning Steve Austin, with the beautiful Missy Hyatt cut a promo telling Terry Funk that it would be his distinct pleasure, Texan to Texan, to mark one off the hitlist of the Oval Office, tonight in Tennessee. B-. Let down from previous segment. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Stunning Steve Austin v Terry Funk - Cage Escape Match[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The crowd got their wishes, as the veteran Texan Terry Funk, the former NWA World Heavyweight Champion was able to escape the cage after delivering a sequence of veteran moves to floor young Austin. However, the referee did not see it, as Missy Hyatt had through the cage wall, distracted the referee to look at her vervacious curves. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew came to ringside, cut the bolt to the door, and threw Funk back in. By this time, Austin had recovered, and he hit the Stunner, a devastating DDT. This time, when a competitor reached the floor, the referee was alert to it awarding Austin the match. B. Missy Hyatt did some good work at ringside. Terry Funk was visibly tiring at the end of the match. Funk and Austin have great chemistry. Announcing lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost. Benefitted from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Sting gets ready[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Sting was in his dressing room, pacing up and down regarding his match up against his former ally, and now bitter enemy Arn Anderson. "Nature Boy" Ric Flair arrived, and proceeded to tell Sting, that WOOOO, he too was the pride of WCW, and tonight, he had to do it for WCW. With that, Sting looked excited and shook Flair's hand.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Sting v Arn Anderson[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Sting seemed to be gaining the upper hand in this clash, and even had Anderson take a Stinger Splash. Just as he let out once of his trademark WOOOO's, Ole Anderson appeared from the crowd, and decked Sting with a lead pipe from behind. Arn Anderson put his arm over Sting, and gained the pinfall victory. B+. Eric Bischoff did some good work at ringside. Anderson and Sting don't click. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Ric Flair coming out to make the save..[/U][/B] [QUOTE]As the Nature Boy watched on, he left his dressing room to head to the ring to help his friend out, only for it to be a trap, as coming around the corner was none other than the vicious Big Van Vader, who proceeded to give Ric Flair a pre-match beat down, until Larry Zbysko and a group of security officers came to Flair's aid. Question was, was the damage already done? A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Cage Escape Match - WCW World Heavyweight Championship Big Van Vader v "Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Flair limped to the ring, with a steely look of determination on his face. He was bloodied from the previous attack, with his headbandage starting to come off. As he got towards the ring, he ripped off his neckbrace, and pointed towards Big Van Vader. The cage lowered, and while Flair was taking off his robe, Vader attacked from behind. Vader completely dominated Flair, attemping to destroy the neck of Flair. He hit some forward russian leg sweeps, DDTs, vicious upper cuts, the boot to the face in the corner, and several powerful clothesline - not to mention picking up the lighter Flair and throwing him face first into the steel cage. As the match progressed, Flair was a crimson mess, with the ring apron shaded a colour of crimson thanks to the blood Flair was losing. Indeed, the referee was about to call the match off, until Flair begged the referee not to do so. Vader continued the assault, running Flair's forehead across the hard unforgiving chains that linked the cage together. Indeed, a fair part of one wall of the cage had a distinct tinge of red crimson all over it. Flair limply tried to throw some punches, but Vader responded with vicious headbutts. Vader several times tried to escape the cage, but the 11 time World Heavyweight Champion would have none of it and caught Vader at the top several times, backsuplexing him into the ring. Finally, Flair began to get some momentum, using a lot of criss-cross, and leapfrog moves to keep the big man moving. Finally, Flair was knocked to the outside apron, but ran up the turnbuckle with his momentum. Vader caught him, and attempted to throw him to the mat. Flair caught hold of Vader's mask through and rammed his head into the mat. Vader was knocked out. Slowly, but surely, the blood covered Ric Flair climbed to the top, and despite Eric Bischoff attempting to hold him up, Flair dropped to the floor at ringside and the bell was rang for his 12th World Title reign! A*. Lifted the crowd. Bischoff did some good work at ringside. Announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard of the match.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Flair celebrates[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Despite being completely energyless, he used his last announces of adrenalin to wipe away the blood, jump the guardrail, and celebrate the victory with the fans who had been so loyal to him.[/QUOTE] [B]Attendance: [/B]26,650 [B]Rating: [/B]A No comments to made about the show. [B][U]This Just In[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]WWF Superstars came from the Broadwalk Hall from the Tri-State, drawing 10,000. The main event saw Mr Perfect defeat Macho Man Randy Savage. [*]Superstars drew approximately 2.3m viewers [/LIST]

[QUOTE=jonlawson]holy wow,...I LOVE the way this one is set up....great job and I will continue to read this one :)[/QUOTE] Thanks jon. I've been watching this forum for a while, and respect your posts. I'd just like to say, if anyone has any opinions on where I should take this, please feel free to comment. I'm not overly familiar with the 1993, we didn't get wrestling in NZ back in '93, we got it in the mid-late 80's with the squash match cards and the PPVs on free-to-air, and then we got Nitro from 1996 onwards which was just out of this world good... until they got stale. How they messed up, and underutilised the likes of Sting/Hart/Flair/Benoit/Guerrero/Raven/Malenko/Jericho/Mysterio/Guerrera/Kidman I will honestly never know. Imagine how good WCW would have been if someone smart had have had control from the time Bret Hart turned up and could tell Hogan/Nash etc. to stick the politics straight where the son don't shine. Perhaps that story of how the impossible became reality with WCW's death intrigues a few people to try to pick up the pieces with WCW/MACW stories....

[U][B][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][/B][/U] [B][U]Tuesday Week 4 August 1993[/U][/B] [B][U]This Just In[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]World Wrestling Federation's Raw was held at the UCF Arena in the South East, in front of 4,321 in the crowd. In the main event, Mr Perfect defeated "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. Raw drew 1.6 million viewers [/LIST]

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Post Clash of the Champions Summary By WCW Reporter, Wayne King[/U][/B] [B][U]Championship Titles[/U][/B] [B][U]WCW Television Title[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/rickysteamboat/12.jpg[/IMG] Is still being held by Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, who beat Sid Vicious at Clash of the Champions. [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/bagwellscorpio/01.jpg[/IMG] Is currently being held by Marcus Alexander Bagwell and Too Cold Scorpio, after defeating the Blue Bloods Lord Steven Regal and Earl Robert Eaton at a recent WCW Saturday night event. [B][U]WCW United States Championship[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/rickrude/14.jpg[/IMG] "Ravishing" Rick Rude won the United States Championship at a WCW Saturday Night taping, with the former holder, Dustin Rhodes, not pinned in a fatal four way match. Rude is yet to make a defence of the belt. [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship[/U][/B] [IMG]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/ricflair/30.jpg[/IMG] "Nature Boy" Ric Flair defeated Big Van Vader at Clash of the Champions in a cage match to win the coveted World Heavyweight Championship for a 12th time. [B][U]The Oval Office[/U][/B] The Oval Office formed at a WCW Saturday Night taping, and was formed by the villianous Eric Bischoff. Through a series of backstage meetings, inflating contract offers, and numerous perks, Bischoff was able to entice former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Big Van Vader, United States Champion "Ravishing" Rick Rude, "Stunning" Steve Austin and the beautiful Missy Hyatt, and the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Ole and Arn Anderson. Since their inception, they have attempted to take apart much of what is good about World Championship Wrestling, including "Nature Boy" Ric Flair and the "Hardcore Legend" Terry Funk. Rumour has it that Eric Bischoff is incredibly upset that Ric Flair was able to regain the World Heavyweight Championship at Clash of the Champions, despite all the brutal beatings the Oval Office had laid upon him in the build up to the cage match, and despite Big Van Vader forcing Flair into a sea of red blood in the cage. It is understood he is keenly plotting Flair's downfall, as we speak. Also said to be on the radar are Sting, Funk and "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith. Stay tuned to find out more. World Championship Wrestling Commissioner the "Living Legend" Larry Zbykso is said to be incredily angered by the antics of the Oval Office, but his lobbying to the board of WCW has had little effect, due to Eric Bischoff of course being a key member of WCW Management. [B][U]The Battle of Texas[/U][/B] "Hardcore Legend" Terry Funk and "Stunning" Steve Austin, of the Oval Office, have been battling it out recently - in what some have dubbed the battle of Texas. "Stunning" Steve Austin, along with the sexy Missy Hyatt stole victory away from Terry Funk at Clash of the Champions, despite the match being a sanctioned cage match. Funk managed to hit his Funkersault, and get to the outside, but the referee was being "entertained" by Missy Hyatt. The Minnesota Wrecking Crew came to ringside with a pair of boltcutters, cut the chain to the door open, and tossed Funk back in. The referee did not see the interference, and Steve Austin was able to hit a sensational DDT on Funk, and get outside for the victory. We are sure this bitter battle is not over. [B][U]World Championship Wrestling has a new TV slot[/U][/B] That's right, coming to you on FOX in May, at 10PM is a 2 hour show entitled "Nitro". Head-booker John Simpson was the chief player in negotiations with FOX for a slot. WCW Saturday Night had been rating incredibly well on the lower ranked TBS network, but Simpson felt for WCW to be a serious competitor to Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Federation they needed to get a more mainstream appeal, and he felt the contract with FOX would enable World Championship Wrestling to do just that. [B][U]Hulk Hogan signs for All Japan Pro Wrestling[/U][/B] The former Thunder in Paradise star shocked the wrestling world by agreeing to terms with All Japan Pro Wrestling, returning to Japan where he had previously been a feature in the early 1980s, along with fellow Americans Andre` the Giant, Stan "The Lariat" Hansen and the late Bruiser Brody. Neither the World Wrestling Federation or World Championship Wrestling were said to be interested. [B][U]The World Wrestling Federation appoints a new booker[/U][/B] Thats right, Vince McMahon appointed New York resident Vince Russo as the new head booker of the WWF. Russo is rumoured to favour "crash style" TV, short, electrifying segments that keep the shows rolling. Apparently, his attitude is somewhat despised backstage.

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG][/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Inside Wrestling Life at the top By Joe Kerr[/B][/U] Professional wrestling has taken a dramatic turn over the past few weeks. The fanfare of Hulkamania has moved to Japan, away from the hearts of million Hulkamaniacs in North America. And the crux of the matter - neither the World Wrestling Federation or World Championship Wrestling, the two biggest professional wrestling promotions in North America offered the biggest free agent in the history of the sport a contract to join their promotion. Some viewed that as an interesting move, particularly on the part of new World Championship Wrestling booker, John Simpson. With WCW operating out of the South East, and Hulk Hogan working on the set of Thunder in Paradise in Florida, most wrestling insiders tipped the new WCW booker, in a move to shock the world and garner ratings and secure his position would offer the former World Wrestling Federation a lucrative deal. But John Simpson was unphased, and simply chose to focus on his own product. I had the pleasure of meeting up with Simpson to discuss this, and other professional wrestling issues in a candid interview that took place after a WCW house show taping. Kerr: John, why did you choose not to offer a contract to Hulk Hogan? Simpson: Well, its simple. There's a number of reasons. Firstly, WCW is not a WWF retirement, or a secondary option. This is THE main attraction in professional wrestling today, or at least it will be within the forseeable future. Secondly, I'm unsure how well Hulk would have mixed with our predominately southern crowds, who after years of watching the likes of Ric Flair and Sting and Ricky Steamboat want more exceptional wrestling, rather than colourful characters. Look, I've got no problems with Hulk, but I have my franchise player in Ric Flair and at the moment I'm content with that. Kerr: While you haven't shocked the professional wrestling world by bringing in Hulkamania, the Oval Office has certainly caught the eye of wrestling enthusiasts. What brought about the Oval Office? Simpson: I want there to be a legitimate challenge to the likes of Sting and Ric Flair, I guess I want the crowd to feel there is a legitimate threat to the future of WCW, and its not the usual talk of anything to do with Vince McMahon. The Oval Office I think provides that - its the perfect stable if you want to call it that. You have the up and comer in "Stunning" Steve Austin, you have the monsterous Big Van Vader, you have the tough Minnesota Wrecking Crew Ole and Arn Anderson, you have the beautiful "Ravishing" Rick Rude, and then you have the mouthpiece - Eric Bischoff. Kerr: What's your opinion on your new rival, Vince Russo? Simpson: I haven't talked to Vince. So I don't want to start casting comments about on someone I don't really know. Guys who used to wrestle up north have told me a few stories, but we'll just wait and see what turns out in regards to Vince. Kerr: Have you had any contact with Vince McMahon? Simpson: No. I've never had any dealings with him. I've never really had a profound interest in the World Wrestling Federation, even when his old man ran the show. I mean, I was always a southern wrestling enthusiast, I did some time in Calgary, and some time in the mid west, just helping set up rings and that sort of thing, I liked the old tactical wrestling style. I watched some of Hulkamania, and Jake the Snake, and the Honky Tonk Man, and Bret Hart - but only in patches, so I never went to Madison Square Garden to see any of his promotions. Kerr: What would say the key difference in the WWF compared to the WCW? Simpson: Well, I want people to get home at night, and think, you know, I want to watch good professional wrestling tonight. I want to watch suplexes, body slams, leg locks, I want to be told a story in the ring. Thats what we're going to focus on, that's where we're headed, and I'm confident we can turn that into a competitive advantage. Kerr: We've noticed some time has been paid to Chris Benoit of late, is he a rising star? Simpson: Most definitely. We think very highly of Chris, we think he has the world at his feet. A great technician, and he's just going to keep on learning from the programs he runs, such as the one he's just gone through with Mr Wonderful Paul Orndorff. I see him being a guy who can be a cornerstone for World Championship Wrestling for the next 10-15 years. Kerr: We've heard through the grapevine that you will be debuting a new show on FOX, Nitro. Can you tell us about that? Simpson: It's debuting this Monday, at 10PM. And the exposure it'll give World Championship Wrestling will be phenomonal. At the end of the day, you need high exposure potential to get your product across. You could have the best talent - and we do, but you need people to be able to view it to turn it into a financial cash cow for Turner. And that's what the deal with FOX provides us. Each Monday night, viewers will have an alternative to Raw, they will be able to watch Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Cactus Jack, and understand why individually and collectively they're such great performers. And with that, we think we'll turn viewers away from our competitors and to World Championship Wrestling, and get to the point where we think we can be the dominant player in the market. ...................

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcwsn.jpg[/IMG] WCW Saturday Night - Saturday Week 4 August 1993 From the Broadbent Arena, Louisville, Kentucky[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]Double A requests a title shot[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Eric Bischoff, along with Arn Anderson, barge into the office of the "Living Legend" Larry Zbykso, WCW Commissioner. LZ: "What do you want?" EB: "Relax. Relax, Living Legend... boom boom, Larry Zbykso. Man, haven't we had some fun up north together." LZ: "Again, what do you want?" EB: "Relax man. You know I respect you. I've come to give YOU something. And to make things easy for you, its a multiple choice." LZ: "I don't like this." EB: "Well, to paraphrase a certain Ric Flair, learn to live with it, learn to love it. This man right here..." AA: "The Enforcer baby.." EB: "Thats right Arn, The Enforcer Arn Anderson deserves a World Heavyweight Title shot tonight against "Nature Boy" Ric Flair." LZ: "Well, I thnik Big Van Vader deserves a rematch.." AA: "Damn it Eric! I want my shot!" EB: "Relax Arn, when have I ever let you down? Larry, you're right. Big Van Vader does deserve another shot. But I've got to tell you Larry, as we head into Monday Night Nitro, we need something that will make the fans sit up and say, Zbysko, Living Legend, you are the greatest commissioner of all time. Comprehende?" LZ: "I'm not sure I follow.." EB: "Its easy. What better for these great... fans to see than the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, the World Heavyweight Champion... twice. That's right Larry, Flair to defend his title against Anderson, and if he gets through that, Big Van VADER!" LZ: "I don't think that's fair..." EB: "Or the other option, I have Vader, "Stunning" Steve Austin, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, and Ole Anderson outside that very door with a number of mechanical tools ready do some rewiring on a certain, "Living Legend. You choose, and uh, there's no phone a friend." LZ: "Argh.. Alright, alright, Flair will defend the belt twice tonight." EB: "You're a very reasonable man Larry, Arn told ya he'd be a push over!" B - Arn Anderson is developing better performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Chris Benoit v "Flyin" Brian Pillman[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A great match to kick off Saturday Night, as the two youngsters battled it out in a fast paced, frenetic match. Brian Pillman went to the top rope, but Benoit was able to stop him from Flying, and punched Pillman down to the mat. Benoit unleashed a brutal headbutt from the top rope, before unleashing his patented Crippler Crossface. C+. Announcing lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Ole Anderson interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]One half of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, along with Eric Bischoff told the fans and Jesse "The Body" Ventura that he was happy for his tag team partner to get the opportunity he had earnt through the years of service he had put in for these sycophants, but that he needed a bit of light entertainment himself, and with that he was going to cross Cactus Jack off WCW's roster next. B. Eric Bischoff helped Ole Anderson.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Ole Anderson v Cactus Jack[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Two brutal men, one a young hardcore up-start, the other a grizzled veteran with pain on the mind. The match was slow paced, but with a lot of power spots. However, Cactus Jack was able to overcome the odds, and hit a DDT to claim the pinfall. B. Eric Bischoff did some good work at ringside.[/QUOTE] [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion came out and cut a vicious interview, telling the fans of Louisville Kentucky that he was sick of being screwed and manipulated by the Oval Office... WOO, but rest assured, Space Moutain was in action and would knock down any challenge they laid forwards. Diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair! WOOOO!!! A. This segment lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW World Television Championship Match Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat v "Stunning" Steve Austin v Sid Vicious v "Ravishing" Rick Rude v Sting[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A five man all in-brawl to decide the Television Title, with Steamboat defending against his brutal opponent, Sid Vicious, two members of the Oval Office, and WCW's perennial favourite, Sting. After all wrestlers took equal opportunities to land decisive blows, Sid Vicious power bombed "Ravishing" Rick Rude, but as he was about to go for the pinfall, "Stunning" Steve Austin clotheslined both himself and Vicious to the outside. A bloody Ricky Steamboat put his arm over Rick Rude for the pinfall. B+. Eric Bischoff did some good work at ringside. Sid is improving in rumble skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Vicious goes crazy[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Sid was beside himself, and began taking it out on Ricky Steamboat. He launched lefts, and rights, opening up a wide gash on the forehead of Steamboat. Steamboat was out cold, and as Sting came to his aid, Vicious threw the belt on Steamboat's chest and stormed off. B. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]"Road Warrior" Hawk v "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith v Barry Windham[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A triple threat match between three wrestling legends. Barry Windham and the Road Warrior knocked each out with a double lariat, Davey Boy Smith came from outside the ring, and performed the running powerslam on Hawk to get the pinfall. B+. Lifted the crowd. Barry Windham was visibly tiring.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Flair comes to the ring[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The glorious music of Ric Flair accompanied the Champion as he strode to the ring to face Arn Anderson. A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship "Nature Boy" Ric Flair v "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Anderson was brutal, taking it particularly to the lower legs of Ric Flair, seemingly trying to eliminate the figure four leglock from Flair's arsenal. As Flair seemed down and out, Steve Austin came to ringside to try and secuer Anderson his first World Title, but as he came in for a running lariat, he accidentally clotheslined Arn Anderson. Flair made the cover, and got the win! A*. Bischoff did some good work at ringside. This match lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [U][B]Flair attacked[/B][/U] [QUOTE]Post match, the World Heavyweight Champion was attacked by a stunned Steve Austin. Arn Anderson looked on in shock, and had a brief face to face face-off with Steve Austin, before flying joining arms and double clotheslining the champion. Just when it appeared Flair would be taken out and rendered useless for Big Van Vader, Sting came to ringside and chased off both Austin and Anderson - WCW's two biggest names, Sting and Flair were united, battling against the Oval Office it seemed. B. Suffered as a let down. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Flair was a real star in this segment.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Too Cold Scorpio and Marcus Bagwell v The Blue Bloods[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The champions took to defending their titles against the former champions, the Blue Bloods. However the experienced Earl Robert Eaton gained control, before the quick minded Too Cold Scorpio used a slide between the legs into a backslide for the pinfall and the retention of the Tag Team Championships. C+. Announcing quality lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Lord Steven Regal looked good out there.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Big Van Vader steals the World Title![/U][/B] [QUOTE]Big Van Vader stormed into Ric Flair's dressing room, but the champion was not there. With that, he stole back the World Heavyweight Championship! A*. This segment lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Ric Flair interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"The Body" Jesse Ventura caught hold of the Heavyweight Championship, and showed him footage of Big Van Vader stealing the World Title from Flair's locker room. Flair said for Vader to enjoy the moment, because after the Nature Boy was finished with him.... WOOOO!!! The limousine riding, jet flying, styling son of a gun Nature Boy Ric Flair... WOOOO!!!! Would regain the title for the fans of WCW. Vader was going to be facing one hell of a man, with one hell of a body, Flair doesn't like him, but he has a whole lot of respect for him, except when he screws the system Oval Office style to try and take what he has not earnt. WOOO!!! A*. This segment lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship "Nature Boy" Ric Flair v Big Van Vader[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Big Van Vader came to the ring with the stolen World Heavyweight Title. Flair was riled up, and tried to lift the tempo of the match straight away, but Vader avoided as much conflict as he could. Until Flair made a mistake and ran into a shoulder breaker from the mammoth of a man. Vader completely and utterly dominated the Nature Boy, it appeared as if Flair was totally gone. However, Flair kept kicking out of the unthinkable at 2.99, to keep his hopes alive. Finally, Vader started to tire, and Flair was able to hit a single leg trip, and into the patented figure four leglock. The Oval Office came to ringside to ward off Flair, but it was too late, by the time they had arrived Vader had passed out with pain and the match was over. A*. Bischoff did some good work at ringside. Announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard of the match. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B]Attendance:[/B] 5,000 [B]Rating:[/B] A. Should be considered a success and lifted our popularity. 780,804 viewers on TNT.

Ladies and gents, sorry for the slow-down. I've got a university assignment due this Monday (Aust time). But rest assured, after that, WCW will return with the debut of... NITRO on the FOX network. Slated is a fatal four way match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship between current World Heavyweight Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Sting, and the two Oval Office hitmen Big Van Vader and "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson. Stay tuned for more! Look forward to any comments or any ideas you may have.

Hopefully Sting wins the title. I have something for that guy. Great diary, pretty realistic booking and I find you relying on Flair/Vader A LOT. Maybe too much, but it makes your shows. I hope to see Sting and Flair fight over the title, you could make it a class fued with ease because the workers are so skilled. Either way, when ye' come back make sure to keep this up. I'm enjoying this. Push Davey Boy and Cactus!

[QUOTE=Dwight Mighton]Hopefully Sting wins the title. I have something for that guy. Great diary, pretty realistic booking and I find you relying on Flair/Vader A LOT. Maybe too much, but it makes your shows. I hope to see Sting and Flair fight over the title, you could make it a class fued with ease because the workers are so skilled. Either way, when ye' come back make sure to keep this up. I'm enjoying this. Push Davey Boy and Cactus![/QUOTE] Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure on Cactus just yet, he's a little green at this stage. I'm slowly but surely trying to build him up, along with Benoit, Marcus Bagwell and Too Cold Scorpio. I've also obviously brought in Rocky as well to try and slowly but surely build him up. RE: Flair and Big Van Vader. I think in terms of Ric Flair, part of WCW's biggest problem in the late 90's was how terribly they used him, Sting, Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero, Malenko, Raven. While most of those got due notice on websites when they linked up with the WWF, Ric Flair probably for the most part didn't. But, in reality, he was a cash cow in the south east and infact all over the world, but he just got screwed for the New World Order. The storyline with Curt Hennig should have been huge, but it was basically blown off as a Hennig loves Hogan moment, the Four Horsemen reuniting was blown off quickly by Eric Bischoff in favour of the nWo, but anyone who's anyone heard the noise in the arena that night when the Horsemen were reunited. It was out of this world. So, I'm kind of trying to put those wrongs, right so to speak. And I don't really want to hand the strap over yet off Flair, and devalue the belt like they did under Vince Russo's booking style. With the Vader/Flair storyline, they're the most over guys in WCW at this stage, and in order to introduce Nitro to the mainstream and then begin to rise the youngsters popularity on a hot show, I need people tuning into see the show they expect to see. Vader eventually will be phased out of the main event to start putting people over. RE: Stinger, good call. He will be up there soon. I'm looking to push Arn Anderson to main event with Ric Flair, in a storyline that will also bring forward Steve Austin. Rest assured, Stinger will definitely go head to head with Flair sometime this year (1993)! Thank you very much for your feedback. I hope that gives some feedback to you, also. :)

[IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG] [B][U]Dissent in the ranks?[/U][/B] Oval Office officials are playing coy this morning in regards to a perceived falling out between "Stunning" Steve Austin and "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson. Both men are viewed as critical components in the destructive firebrand that is known as the Oval Office, an evil group hell bent on changing the landscape of World Championship Wrestling. Recently, Anderson felt as though Austin had cost him a World Heavyweight Championship reign, his first, with a botched run in supposed to inflict damage on reigning champion Ric Flair. However, much to Oval Office boss Eric Bischoff's horror, Austin took out Anderson granting Flair the win and retention of his coveted World Championship Wrestling title. "Look, there's a little bit of friction," one unidentified source close to the group said today. "But, they're working it out. I understand they've gone on the prowl together through the streets of Atlanta, in their customised Oval Office limousine and as far as I'm aware, both men have agreed on a truce." The official line from the Oval Office itself though is one of a firm "No comment", suggesting tension is rising amongst the mob. Some papparazi have suggested that Anderson and Austin were not on the prowl at all last weekend, suggesting Austin was sent home without pay on Sunday to get his mind on the job. It is understood Eric Bischoff is said to be very unhappy with the recent development, and has considered the future of "Stunning" Steve Austin very closely. Austin is rated as the premier up and comer in the world of professional wrestling, and therefore an important commodity to Bischoff, or vise versa, to "Living Legend" Larry Zbysko and World Championship. It is fear of what a fired up Austin could do alone against the Oval Office that is likely to see Austin retained and the air cleared between Anderson and Austin. Neither man returned calls today, but both are scheduled to appear at the Fox network debut of the new hit wrestling show, Nitro. Anderson is scheduled to appear in a fatal four way clash for the World Heavyweight Championship with fellow Oval Office hitman and former World Heavyweight Champion Big Van Vader, against the enygmatic Sting and the current World Heavyweight Champion, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair. Sources close to either camp have warned fans to tune in, as the world's most coveted belt, a belt once worn by Lou Thesz, Harley Race, Terry Funk and indeed Flair himself 12 times goes on the line as Nitro debuts on the Fox Network!

[B][U][CENTER][IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/wcw.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://steveswrestling.com/logos/wcw/nitro.jpg[/IMG] WCW Monday Nitro Live on the FOX Network From the Silver Spurs Arena, Kissimmee, Florida Monday Week 1 September 1993[/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][U]President Bockwinkel books fatal four way[/U][/B] [QUOTE]At the top of the show, WCW President Nick Bockwinkel came to the ring on the first edition on Nitro, and announced to the fans to celebrate this very special night, such an historic night in the changing landscape of professional wrestling would be marked by a FATAL FOUR WAY MATCH for the World HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! He told fans that "Nature Boy" Ric Flair had signed a contract to face "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson, Big Van Vader and..... STING! tonight in the main event of Monday Nitro A. Bockwinkel underperfomed. This segment lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Penthouse - on sale now[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Preceding the entrance of her man Diamond Dallas Page to contest the Televisions Championship with Ricky Steamboat, the Diamond Doll came out to the top of the ramp and showed fans the new cover of September's Penthouse magazine, which featured... her! She told fans to get out there and buy it, but remember that that were all too fat and disgusting to ever cop a real touch of the Diamond Doll. A*. This segment lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW Television Championship Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat v Diamond Dallas Page[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The Dragon and Dallas Page kicked off preceedings with a collar and elbow tie up in the centre of the ring, with the slightly bulkier Dallas Page forcing Steamboat into the corner. Steamboat was distracted by a foot trip by Diamond Doll while Page posed for the fans. Dallas Page used this to his advantage, pushing the veteran around the ring and dropping him a barrage of lariats and hip tosses. Steamboat started to get pain in his lower back from the stomps of Dallas Page, who was intent on working over the Television Champion. Dallas Page got ****y again, and started showing off for the sign of the Diamond Cutter, but as he got ****y once too often, Steamboat rolled him in and inside cradle and stole victory! B+. This segment lifted the crowd. Steamboat came out of the match looking good. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Vicious/Steamboat video[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A video was played to show the Fox fans the brutality dished out recently by Sid Vicious onto Ricky Steamboat. A. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Hardcore Match "Hardcore Icon" Terry Funk v Cactus Jack[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Two brutal opponents, with fear of no-one, or nothing trying to tear each other limb for limb for the fans. What better way to embody that spirit than to have Terry Funk and Cactus Jack duke it out all over the arena. Cactus was even dropped onto an open bag of thumbtacks! He pulled several out of his forehead, but narrowly avoiding Funk's branding iron. Funk dropped it, Cactus Jack grabbed it, and drilled it into the forehead of Terry Funk. This ended the blood bath with Cactus Jack collecting the pinfall. B. Announcing quality lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Sting interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The charismatic Stinger came to the top of the ramp, to tell the fans about how excited he was to battle for the coveted WCW World Heavyweight Title. And how if it meant going through his good friend "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Big Van Vader or the deceitful Arn Anderson, he would... WOO! B. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Too Cold Scorpio and Marcus Alexander Bagwell v The Nasty Boys v Harlem Heat v The Blue Bloods[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The bitter rivals in WCW's high powered tag division took to centre stage to compete for Too Cold Scorpio and Marcus Alexander Bagwell's WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship. Harlem Heat and The Nasty Boys took early advantage, each working together to work on Too Cold and Bagwell. With Jerry Sags imploring Brian Knobbs to grab a trash can, Bagwell accidentally tagged in Earl Robert Eaton, who came in, low blowed Jerry Sags and rolled him up for the pinfall and the WCW World Tag Team Championships, once more! C+. Announcing lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Too Cold Scorpio is improving in technical skills. Earl Robert Eaton is improving in performance skills.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Cut the Damn Music![/U][/B] [QUOTE]"Ravishing" Rick Rude came down to the ring with his United States Championship draped over his shoulder. He started to take the robe off in front of the fans, before stopping, and telling the locker room that he was going to issue an open challenge to anyone, anytime for the United States Championship. With that, three men appeared, "Road Warrior" Hawk, "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Barry Windham. Rude insulted all of them, telling them to get down to the ring, but wait while he took off the robe for the ladies, before the chiseled body, the Ravishing one gave them all a Rude Awakening. B+. Lifted the crowd. Bischoff helped Rude.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW United States Championship "Ravishing" Rick Rude v "Road Warrior" Hawk v "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith v Barry Windham[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"Ravishing" Rick Rude slid out of the ring, and started flirting with the ladies at ringside, and abusing the local sweathogs to keep their hands off him. It was a clever ploy, as all three men inside the ring started to take aim at each other in a quest to conquer all for the United States Championship. Finally, after a period of brawling, Davey Boy Smith began to dominate, and hit his patented Running Powerslam on both Hawk and Windham. Just as he went to pin Windham, Rude had already come into the ring and pinned Hawk taking the win without a finger being laid on his Ravishing body, in typical Oval Office style. B. Windham seemed off his game tonight. Windham was visibly tiring at the end of the match. Bischoff did some good work at ringside.[/QUOTE] [B][U]"Nature Boy" Ric Flair interview[/U][/B] [QUOTE]The World Heavyweight Champion, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair came to the interview area, and said... WOO!! How great it was for Slick Ric, Space Mountain himself to be headlining the inaugural edition of Nitro, just as he had all those years headlined Starrcade. He told Jesse the Body Ventura, that to be the man, you had to beat the man, and tonight would be no different as he would make sure Big Van Vader and Arn Anderson in particular understood why diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair. WOOO!! A*. Lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]The Orndorff Challenge[/U][/B] [QUOTE]"Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff came to the ring with something on his mind. He said there was no one, and he meant no one who could windstand the Piledriver in the world of professional wrestling, and that no one could avoid it either. He said he was initiating the Orndorff challenge, for any boy to come out to the ring and try and make himself into a man by defying the impossible. With that, Rocky Maivia, a youngster came down to ringside to take on the Orndorff challenge! C+. Harley Race assisted Orndorff in this segment. Suffered as a let down from the previous segment. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Rocky Maivia v "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff The Orndorff Challenge part 1[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Rocky tried to run the veteran around the ring, using a lot of fleet of foot to avoid the veteran. He even got in a little bit of offence with some crisp high drop kicks. But eventually, Orndorff caught Rocky in mid air, and planted him, spiked him head first into the mat for the piledriver, and victory. C. Announcing quality lifted the match. C/Commentary gave the match a boost. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]"Mr Wonderful" issues a warning[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Orndorff told the fans that tonight they had seen something special, the Wonderful one in action and delivering the Wonderful Piledriver. But fans around the country fear not, the Orndorff Challenge would keep coming around and around to a location near you. He implored the EMTs to get down there to save the young man's life, the paramedics rushed to ringside to attempt to help Rocky, but just as they did, Orndorff dished up another piledriver! B-. Harley Race assisted Orndorff.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Video for main event[/U][/B] [QUOTE]A video was played to highlight the four men featured in tonight's main event, Flair, Sting, Vader and Anderson. Who would walk out alive with the World Title? A*. This segment lifted the crowd.[/QUOTE] [B][U]WCW World Heavyweight Championship "Nature Boy" Ric Flair v Sting v Big Van Vader v "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson[/U][/B] [QUOTE]All four men were in the ring at any one time, with Big Van Vader and Stinger soon falling to ringside, and brawling chaotically in the aisle, leaving the Nature Boy and Anderson in the squared circle. The one close friends, and now bitter enemies thanks to Arn's betrayal of Flair when signing up for the Oval Office fought viciously. Flair showed he's not the dirtiest player in the game for nothing, using any shortfall he could to take apart Arn Anderson. Eventually "Stunning" Steve Austin came to ringside, but as he was about to get in the ring, Vader attempted a splash on Sting at ringside, who moved, Vader collected Austin who knocked over Arn Anderson, who fell into the Figure Four Leglock! Arn tried to escape it and turn it over, but he could not, and Flair got the submission victory to retain the Title! A*. This segment lifted the crowd. Eric Bischoff did some good work at ringside. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match.[/QUOTE] [B][U]Wild Brawl[/U][/B] [QUOTE]Following that, a wild brawl broke out, between the four competitors, Austin, Rick Rude, and Ole Anderson. Just as it appeared WCW would get overpowered, Terry Funk made the save, running off the Oval Office who were fearing Funk's branding iron, which had been infamously used on him earlier in the evening! B. Suffered as a let down to the previous segment. Benefitted greatly from a hot crowd. Funk and Austin performed poorly in this segment. Flair was a real star in this segment. Vader came across well.[/QUOTE] Overall: A. Should have increased our popularity. Crowd: 9,369. Viewers: 2,609,972 viewers. Aftermath: WCW fell to cult size. John Simpson was fired by WCW. PS: Yes I know the Nitro logo has TNT on it, but I couldn't find a Nitro logo sans the TNT logo. Well - I guess that's the end of the WCW '93 scenario, as I was punted by WCW.....

Archived