Development Contracts

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SirMichaelJordan" data-cite="SirMichaelJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="48915" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As a developmental company we should probably have the ability to sign guys on developmental deals.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree. </p><p> </p><p> But think about it realistically. Triple H would make the signings, then send them to you. He wouldn’t phone you up and say, “Go out and sign me 5 nobodies and make them stars. I trust you”</p><p> </p><p> I’m on the fence with this one. I don’t know which I prefer.</p>

I agree.

But think about it realistically. Triple H would make the signings, then send them to you. He wouldn’t phone you up and say, “Go out and sign me 5 nobodies and make them stars. I trust you”

I’m on the fence with this one. I don’t know which I prefer.

No, but Vince (who runs WWE) would ask Triple H (who runs NXT) to sign people for him.

Developmental companies signing guys to developmental deals isn't how it works though so that wouldn't be a good feature in my eyes. It's always been that WWE signs someone for them to go to developmental. While Triple H oversees NXT and approves people to be signed to work for them, he still does so from a WWE corporate position and not a position of being the NXT 'owner' (which he isn't). The whole concept of developmental is you get sent guys to use... Being able to sign your own guys that become developmental guys would defeat that purpose, IMO -- because then shouldn't you also be able to fire those guys too -- and that opens up a whole can of worms.

Developmental companies signing guys to developmental deals isn't how it works though so that wouldn't be a good feature in my eyes. It's always been that WWE signs someone for them to go to developmental. While Triple H oversees NXT and approves people to be signed to work for them, he still does so from a WWE corporate position and not a position of being the NXT 'owner' (which he isn't). The whole concept of developmental is you get sent guys to use... Being able to sign your own guys that become developmental guys would defeat that purpose, IMO -- because then shouldn't you also be able to fire those guys too -- and that opens up a whole can of worms.

How about if it was an option within company relationships?

Agrees to accept developmental deals from *Company*

and

Can sign developmental deal on behalf of *Company*

This would then differentiate the relationship WWE had with a company like OVW, and would also allow us to recreate the current day structure of the WWE. It would add a lot to the game and the experience of playing as an NXT, which is, despite the 'third brand' marketing, very much a developmental that handles hirings at a grass roots level.

Agree completely, development federation (like in minor league baseball) are merely the "business" side, while the parent company is responsible for staffing said location. Wouldn't make this a change.

Agree completely, development federation (like in minor league baseball) are merely the "business" side, while the parent company is responsible for staffing said location. Wouldn't make this a change.

Minor league baseball teams are it’s own entity.

NXT is owned by WWE therefor you are an WWE employer booking NXT.

A solo company that agrees to develop workers from another company, sure you should not be able to sign guys on developmental deals.

But if you’re a developmental company that’s owned by someone else then you should be able to sign workers to developmental deals.

Precisely. Vince isn’t doing any NXT signings.

Vince almost never handled signings personally, JR and Johnny Ace handled that position before HHH. Now HHH is also over the developmental as well, so he’s wearing more hats than everyone in the position previously.

There isn’t really a way for HHH to use his hiring preferences to sign WWE talent unless you set someone else as owner of NXT though.

The problem here is that when you play as the "owner" of NXT, you're playing a position that doesn't really exist in real life, with powers that someone booking NXT wouldn't have.

Really, you shouldn't be able to sign anyone to NXT at all unless you're playing as WWE. The game lets you sign your own deals because otherwise it would be pretty boring.

2 months is a small window but within that 2 months WWE only recall and never sign anyone on developmental contracts. Maybe it does when the game opens up. My impression is that many who want to run NXT and develop guys for WWE will just create 2 users so they can run it properly.

I say just make it a less of a hassle for them and let players sign workers on developmental contracts so they can stay exclusive to WWE or any other company in similar situations. Signing workers to NXT means WWE can’t use them unless they are not on exclusive deals which then opens them up other companies. Being able to sign people as NXT is already unrealistic. So mine as well make it unrealistic and convenient.

There is already a way to achieve this in the game. If you know, you know.