Have Total Heat For Storylines Rather Than Individual Ones

Just something that came up in the Discord which might be worth considering - maybe for feds who need 5 hot storylines, if you needed your top 5 storylines to have a total heat of (say) 350, rather than have all 5 need to have 70, or whatever it is SWF are starting with, it might make things more realistic and interesting? That way you can get away with a couple of less good ones if you have some super hot ones on top, or can still pass with consistently "good but not amazing" ones.

Then you’ll really just need a few really hot angles and some throwaways. It would then make sense to focus on 1 or 2 angles then create a bunch of throwaways just to meet the threshold.

I actually like how it is now because it forces me to build up my mid and lower card to not be an afterthought which becomes a challenge.

Then you’ll really just need a few really hot angles and some throwaways. It would then make sense to focus on 1 or 2 angles then create a bunch of throwaways just to meet the threshold.

I actually like how it is now because it forces me to build up my mid and lower card to not be an afterthought which becomes a challenge.

I tend to agree with this, although I've never gotten a company large enough to require a huge number of storylines to have a sense of the balance.

I think it would be interesting if there could occasionally be a gradient on the expected heat where at least one really hot storyline needs to exist in addition to the quantity of acceptable ones. Something like "At least 5 storylines of at least 50 heat, with at least one exceeding 65 heat." Is that already a thing?

Just something that came up in the Discord which might be worth considering - maybe for feds who need 5 hot storylines, if you needed your top 5 storylines to have a total heat of (say) 350, rather than have all 5 need to have 70, or whatever it is SWF are starting with, it might make things more realistic and interesting? That way you can get away with a couple of less good ones if you have some super hot ones on top, or can still pass with consistently "good but not amazing" ones.

I strongly agree. Unless I missed something in recent updates, this hasn't changed. It would make much more sense to have an average, because a company having 4 hot storylines that meet requirements and one that isn't working and suffering from that is not realistic or user friendly. Average of total, or even total seems the way to go. I really hope this is considered.

I love this too.

When you had Hogan vs. McMahon did anyone care what other storylines there were? No. Not really. You had a 100 heat storyline there meaning the others didn't need to be as hot. People were tuning in to watch what would happen next.

But lets say you don't have that super hot storyline, well if you are meeting that high average with your top 5 storylines then that probably means all together your show is probably good so people are going to tune in because you are giving them a good show with something happening for probably everyone.