Taping schedule for historical promotions

In converting/making mods, this is a new feature that is a winner in my book. Only issue is getting the taping schedules right. I've listed common shows from the mid 80s to mid 90s below but will add any others - if anyone has an indication of how many episodes were taped at a time (and in what timeframe, in the case of shows like Raw that changed during their run) I'll update the original post.

Hopefully this will be a useful resource for historical mod makers (if there are any left!) and converters. Any details on broadcast deals (company pays/broadcaster pays, revenue splits off the usual 10% to company) would also be helpful.

ASW

All Star Wrestling

AWA

All-Star Wrestling (2?)

Championship Wrestling

Major League Wrestling (Canadian only)

BWF

Reslo

CCW

Continental Championship Wrestling (Live?)

CSW

All Star Wrestling

CWA/USWA

Championship Wrestling from Memphis (Live)

CWA (Europe)

Catchen

CWF

Championship Wrestling from Florida (live?)

EMLL/CMLL

CMLL Superestrellas

FMW

Battle Station

GLOW

Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling

HCW

Houston Wrestling

ICW/IWCCW

International Championship Wrestling

IW

International Wrestling

IW:KK

Bedlam from Boston

JPUK

ITV Wrestling

MSW/UWF

Mid-South Wrestling (3?)

Power Hour

NJPW

World Pro Wrestling (live?)

NWA/JCP/WCW

World Championship Wrestling (Live)

Nitro (Live)

Pro

World Wide

NWA: PPW

Polynesian Pacific Pro Wrestling

NJPW

World Pro Wrestling

PNW

Portland Wrestling

SCW

Stampede Wrestling

TASW

Texas All-Star Wrestling

UWA

Todas las Estrellas

WCCW

World Class Championship Wrestling

Championship Sports

WFWA

Main Event Wrestling

WWA

Bruiser Bedlam

WWC

Superestrellas de la Lucha Libre

WWF

Maple Leaf Wrestling (Canadian only)

Prime Time Wrestling

Superstars

Wrestling Challenge

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bostich" data-cite="Bostich" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49131" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Very easy to check on wrestlingdata or cagematch. Kayfabe Memories is also very good.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wrestlingdata and Cagematch are ok for showing events, but there's not much in the way of definition of what were TV events.</p><p> </p><p> For instance, I pulled up World Class 1986 on Wrestlingdata and it gives me 117 "house shows and miscellaneous events" and 5 "major events".</p><p> </p><p> And looking at AWA on Cagematch it just has 'AWA TV Taping' and no indication of what show it was for. Likely multiple shows but can't sim that in TEW.</p>

Wrestlingdata and Cagematch are ok for showing events, but there's not much in the way of definition of what were TV events.

For instance, I pulled up World Class 1986 on Wrestlingdata and it gives me 117 "house shows and miscellaneous events" and 5 "major events".

And looking at AWA on Cagematch it just has 'AWA TV Taping' and no indication of what show it was for. Likely multiple shows but can't sim that in TEW.

That's where Kayfabe Memories comes in or perhaps even World Class Memories. For WWF and WCW you can also get details from historyofwwe.

I've found through quick tests that the game may easily change any. Guess work will be needed also, unless you can get the detail from a WCCW or AWA DVD. Oh and of course Wikipedia, you can definitely get detail on there.

I do know GLOW was a group of blocks that were then repeated, not entirely sure how many were taped in each block. Continental was usually taped then aired, by 85 they'd moved in to an arena. Houston was weekly, part of the Sam Houston Coliseum shows. WWF tended to be three at a time, WCW maybe two at a time, Georgia weekly, Reslo was weekly and Catchen was more tour highlights, ITV wrestling for Joint Promotions (this all feels very familiar...85 mod by any chance? It's okay, IW:KK pretty much gives it away) was two at a time and basically one show split in two. Heck, why not just rip them all straight from the 1985 mod.

(this all feels very familiar...85 mod by any chance? It's okay, IW:KK pretty much gives it away) was two at a time and basically one show split in two. Heck, why not just rip them all straight from the 1985 mod.

Spot on, it's 1985. Alas in all the conversions they come across as one per taping and having B-Shows and A-Shows split onto different days so companies are bleeding money by paying handshake workers to put on barely watched TV shows in front of 200 people.

Only just realised that the 1985 mod has been updated for TEW2020 so will take a look at that. Have done too much custom work on my private use version of it already but will see what the settings are like and replicate them. Thanks for the suggestion.