ALWAYS lose match after finisher miss!

well, the topic title says it all. i have the "comedy elbow" as a finisher and everytime i perform this move and miss it, a pin attempt against me follows and the opponent beats me. is this the way it is used to be or is this a bug? it can't be that i am afraid of using my trademark move, right? advice anyone? thanks in advance

The Comedy Elbow is a goon's finisher. If you are charging across the ring at full speed and leap out to try an elbow drop and miss... you would be pretty much in trouble. The velocity of the move would be comparable to a missed Flying Body Press, so your crazy guy is going to be suffering the same fate. Ever see Jimmy Valiant miss that silly elbow drop of his? Same principle. The move description says it all: "Either a great move or a stupid move, depending on who you ask..." If your character is Exhausted/Struggling (or near it), that missed finish is going to be twice as bad - and should be (in my opinion). And if you are at that point, all finishers should be scary. The potential for disaster is higher than ever. This also makes the matches that much more thrilling, really. Frankly, I would ditch the move. Or only use it when you are strong enough to withstand the miss.

[QUOTE=Rustee John]but there are a few moves i've noticed that if u miss them you instantly get pinned... its wierd cos my character can kick out of a sit out powerbomb but if he misses a dreadsault he gets pinned[/QUOTE] That dreadsault should probably burn you twice as bad upon a miss, though; It's not a finisher, yet is 'built' and used like one. I mean... the Main Event Sleeper is a straight up Finisher, yet only does 15 more damage to the opponent than you inflict upon yourself when you miss that dreadsault. If you put all your eggs in a basket and lose them, you should pay for it. That dreadsault is no different, imo. Ever miss badly on a belly flop in your pool? ;) I'm pretty sure I could pin you down for 3 seconds as you writhe around with a cracked rib, or two.

Archived