It would be great if someone, somewhere, would produce a boxing game as deep and accurate as TBCB 2.5. Ideally, TBCB should be updated, but that is not going to happen. I do not think a boxing game as sophisticated as TBCB will appear in my lifetime.

Sadly, totally agree. Often, a lot of great promises but all fall short of TBCB 2.5

<p>Actually Title Bout is under new ownership and It hasn't been updated In quite a long time however supposedly the new owner has stated that they were working on adding In a career mode but It never happened. Originally OOTP had owned Title Bout I think but wanted to focus more baseball and other projects not boxing. </p><p> </p><p>

As for World Championship boxing manager the company that developed It went out of business. So the game is no longer In development and don't expect any technical support If you can still find It. I also believe that World Championship boxing manager is longer available for download anywhere as well because I think you need a key to play It. </p><p> </p><p>

There is a new boxing game that just released on steam called Boxing Club manager and Its pretty good and does include an editor however the 1 major drawback that comes with the editor is you can't currently add custom fighters to the game.</p>

<p>Boxing Manager on iOS is an excellent game - an upgraded version of World Championship Boxing Manager from back in the day</p><p> </p><p>

There’s a new fight card module to be added soon, and it’s also soon coming to Android.</p><p> </p><p>

Really excellent game</p>

<p>I actually looked at the Title Bout forum and I don't think that the game is even being developed anymore. There was talk that the developer was hoping to release version 3.0 which was to include a career mode but I haven't seen anything more on that like In quite a few years. The only thing that seems to be updated is the fighter database that's all. </p><p> </p><p>

One more thing when developers decide what to develop for games they take a look at the Market and also how popular It would sell meaning how many people would be willing to buy It. If there's no market for that type of game then that dev won't develop It because the game wouldn't sell.</p>

I actually looked at the Title Bout forum and I don't think that the game is even being developed anymore. There was talk that the developer was hoping to release version 3.0 which was to include a career mode but I haven't seen anything more on that like In quite a few years. The only thing that seems to be updated is the fighter database that's all.

No, it isn't being developed or updated any more. There have been no updates in many years. There's just a few dedicated and very knowledgeable guys updating the fighter database.

But with a little imagination, TBCB 2.5 can be used to create a very deep and realistic boxing universe.

What about this version of Title Bout II based on the board game?

https://www.straightjabmedia.com/title-bout-ii-computer-game

The Trunzos brothers are the master mind on the logic of Title Bout Championship Boxing

They created the first version of that card game and based on that with the help of ootp they created tbcb.

Now one of the Trunzos brother release the second version of the card game.

The Trunzos brothers are the master mind on the logic of Title Bout Championship Boxing

They created the first version of that card game and based on that with the help of ootp they created tbcb.

Now one of the Trunzos brother release the second version of the card game.

Nice to see you, Javier! Where is the card game being sold?

The one I was thinking of and that Boxing Manager on iOS is based on is a different game, and long dead…

https://www.neoseeker.com/boxing-manager/screenshots/

• 1 month later...
I believe someone tried to, but the main problem was with the game's engine, as the output of punches was always unrealistically low.

I think it's this one:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542674

You can easily mod the engine to allow only boxing. The fight output will be increased if you increase round time (3 minutes is not optimal) and slap the "punches in bunches" attribute on everybody. But low stats shouldn't distract you from trying it.

The only 'problem' is that it will be a basic boxing sim, as most of the stats used for MMA are just disabled. So it's just skill, technique and speed for offense and 3 different defenses (though I think only the highest one matters), and then the physical stats obviously. When you make a "kickboxing" sim it gets a lot more interesting, but still. Game's not made for that.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just because he hasn't updated us in a while doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening anymore, unless there is something I haven't seen on a different thread. I still have hope that this comes to be and is a great game!

The project is dead.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2022 at 3:25 PM, Tomato Can said:

Still very excited to see this game unfold, Derek!!!

I know its been too long, but I do now have a few screens to show soon. My day job has evolved a fair bit, which is what has been keeping me away. But I have been banging away in bits and pieces. I even have tons of boxer face portraits courtesy of a forum member to use in the game now. A few tentative screens to follow in the next few days!

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/29/2022 at 9:28 AM, Derek DiBenedetto said:

I know its been too long, but I do now have a few screens to show soon. My day job has evolved a fair bit, which is what has been keeping me away. But I have been banging away in bits and pieces. I even have tons of boxer face portraits courtesy of a forum member to use in the game now. A few tentative screens to follow in the next few days!

alright. let's go derek! happy to hear that you're still working on it! i'm ready for the screens! 🙃

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...