January 1991 Peaking Tides [Release]

Kip James is set to have the road agent ability which I guess would be fine since he eventually becomes one like 20 years later but other guys that are actual long term road agents dont' have it. I don't think Kip James should have the road agent role.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49480" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Kip James is set to have the road agent ability which I guess would be fine since he eventually becomes one like 20 years later but other guys that are actual long term road agents dont' have it. I don't think Kip James should have the road agent role.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's a stats based thing iirc, not a mod setting.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49480" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Kip James is set to have the road agent ability which I guess would be fine since he eventually becomes one like 20 years later but other guys that are actual long term road agents dont' have it. I don't think Kip James should have the road agent role.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can change it in his profile and he wont show up in road agents.</p>

Something that bugged me on the last version of the mod (TEW16) that I never mentioned but always bugged me so I thought I'd mention here is...

Jeff Farmer and Thunder are in the game as a team from GWF "Thunder & Lightning". Jeff Farmer even has a pic in the NGO pic pack as Lightning but he has no alter ego for the Lightning character.

Something that bugged me on the last version of the mod (TEW16) that I never mentioned but always bugged me so I thought I'd mention here is...

Jeff Farmer and Thunder are in the game as a team from GWF "Thunder & Lightning". Jeff Farmer even has a pic in the NGO pic pack as Lightning but he has no alter ego for the Lightning character.

It's to keep him from using it elsewhere.

The only major patch left is a locations update.

Are you going to be doing any work on worker personality/attributes? A lot of high profile yet to debut workers look like they arent touched at all and just have blank personalities and no real attributes.

Are you going to be doing any work on worker personality/attributes? A lot of high profile yet to debut workers look like they arent touched at all and just have blank personalities and no real attributes.

Yes, future workers are still in an upcoming update.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Henderson" data-cite="Henderson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="49480" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The WWF just had WWF Superstars and every single match booked was a tag team match. Is their tag match ratio extremely high or something?<p> </p><p> Also, do your updates to this require you to start the game over?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is no match ratio in products anymore. </p><p> </p><p> None of the recent updates would requite you to start over. Its only been minor tweaks.</p>

<p>I'm doing a watcher game myself. I simmed the Rumble and this happened:</p><p> </p><p>

MAIN EVENT: Shawn Michaels won a 10 person battle royale [69]</p><p>

WWF TITLE: Warrior beat Million Dollar Man to retain [95]</p><p>

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH: Hogan won a 30 man Royal Rumble match [75]</p><p>

.</p><p>

.</p><p>

.</p><p> </p><p>

anyway, for some reason the AI decided to book a 10 person battle royale as the main event instead of the WWF Title match or the Royal Rumble??</p>

I think personalities should be taken a look at in the mod. Playing about three months in and I notice that guys like Koko B Ware are a mildly negative influence and have the "mercenary" trait which no part of that sounds like KoKo B Ware. There were some other guys in there that seemed strange as well. I'm sure most of this is just mod conversion I just wanted to point it out.

I don't think Superstars should be set as an A show. TV worked very differently back then. It was squash matches and interview segments to set up PPVs and house shows. Trying to replicate that type of booking will tank WWF pop, and has in my game.

Also, this mod is also suffering from the limited product types preset into the game. Not the mod makers fault, but the world in 1991 is hard to replicate when matches over ten minutes get penalised and Rumble matches are pulling in 50-70 ratings even with big stars in them.

Yeah you can't stay true to the era and have Superstars be an "A" show about as big as it got in 91 is stuff like Von Erich vs. Perfect, or Haku vs. Virgil. Having to book Warrior vs. The Million Dollar Man in a title match just to hit 89/90 sucks. I just edited it before hand to be a B Show. I believe Justin had it as a B Show on his mod atleast 13 and maybe 16 too.

Yeah you can't stay true to the era and have Superstars be an "A" show about as big as it got in 91 is stuff like Von Erich vs. Perfect, or Haku vs. Virgil. Having to book Warrior vs. The Million Dollar Man in a title match just to hit 89/90 sucks. I just edited it before hand to be a B Show. I believe Justin had it as a B Show on his mod atleast 13 and maybe 16 too.

I played the 1991 mod on 16 religiously and Superstars and the WCW Saturday show were always A shows.

I'm doing a watcher game myself. I simmed the Rumble and this happened:

MAIN EVENT: Shawn Michaels won a 10 person battle royale [69]

WWF TITLE: Warrior beat Million Dollar Man to retain [95]

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH: Hogan won a 30 man Royal Rumble match [75]

anyway, for some reason the AI decided to book a 10 person battle royale as the main event instead of the WWF Title match or the Royal Rumble??

I force it to run a battle royal it runs 2. I turn that off and it doesn't book the Rumble every year. It's 50 cents one way and half dollar the other.

I think personalities should be taken a look at in the mod. Playing about three months in and I notice that guys like Koko B Ware are a mildly negative influence and have the "mercenary" trait which no part of that sounds like KoKo B Ware. There were some other guys in there that seemed strange as well. I'm sure most of this is just mod conversion I just wanted to point it out.

Attributes and personalities are an ongoing process. It even says so on the first post.

I played the 1991 mod on 16 religiously and Superstars and the WCW Saturday show were always A shows.

This is accurate and will not be changed.

This is accurate and will not be changed.

What's accurate? Superstars being an "A" show?

January 1991 had a triple taping of Superstars on the 7th and the 28th. The best match on the January 7th taping was a 4 minute DQ finish match between Kerry Von Erich and Mr. Perfect: the rest were squashes. The 28th taping is nothing but squashes and one tag team battle royale that goes six minutes.

Meanwhile there's a show at MSG that features Savage vs Warrior in a cage, Undertaker vs Snuka, and Demolition vs the LOD. Hogan works 8 house shows in January, plus the Rumble, and NBC special (the Main Event), and a Dark Match. He does not wrestle on Superstars or Challenge, because he doesn't work b-shows.

What's accurate? Superstars being an "A" show?

January 1991 had a triple taping of Superstars on the 7th and the 28th. The best match on the January 7th taping was a 4 minute DQ finish match between Kerry Von Erich and Mr. Perfect: the rest were squashes. The 28th taping is nothing but squashes and one tag team battle royale that goes six minutes.

Meanwhile there's a show at MSG that features Savage vs Warrior in a cage, Undertaker vs Snuka, and Demolition vs the LOD. Hogan works 8 house shows in January, plus the Rumble, and NBC special (the Main Event), and a Dark Match. He does not wrestle on Superstars or Challenge, because he doesn't work b-shows.

I changed Superstars to be a B-Show, which was not true actually, it had Angles with Major Stars weekly. Problem is you can`t have Shows with only Star vs Jobber Matches in TEW. WWF just started RAW after 2 Months in the Game, because Simulated Companies in TEW want to have an A-Show.