How to know how over wrestler is

Firstly, I'm not what you would call a wrestling Fanatic. Please don't flame me to death. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed many a match over the years, mainly WWF/WWE matches and enjoyed playing the video games too but the Jargon - not really familiar with it. I also do not understand completely the pros/cons of various decisions. The last wonderful wrestler i had, ran out of money - none of the big promotions wanted to sign him :(. I have some questions please if some kind sole might answer. Please bear with me, lots of gameplay questions if some of this is in the help files or elsewhere in these forums, I have looked. Q1. Promotion preference - when my wrestler is booked for more than one meeting on the same night, how do i know which meet is likely to schedule a match for my wrestler? Many an occassion i've picked and there has been no match scheduled :(. missed out on the money. Q2. Money - I have no concept of what my wrestler is worth or what a promotion is looking for. How do i know what a promotion is likely to pay. Q3. How do i know how "over"(is that the correct word for popular?) my wrestler is? I can read "i am happy with how over i am" In real terms i have no idea whether the crowd love him or not. Q4. Wrestling moves - what does 0% success chance mean? Also even though i might have 99%, how is it that my wrestler fails to pull off those moves? Q5. wrestler style when creating eg Strong style or super junior...what do these actually do? Q6. Fitness Regime - different settings have different impact for different wrestlers? What are the dynamics here? I've had different results for different wrestlers as far as rate of increase of various stats. I have no idea what impact time management has - eg free time, time watching wrestling footage, time with instructor etc, how do i guage worth of each for my particular wrestler? Q7. Sleep and diet and eating - i understand what these affect in a general sense but specifically what does what? What is the point of say having minimum sleep or eating to promote muscle mass? How can i guage impact of these decisions over time? Q8. Can i see how heavy wrestlers are or if my wrestler is losing or gaining weight? Thanks for your time and look forward to seeing WS2 in the near future. Cheers Vergadain P.S Don't mind the english accented voices Adam - better than silent imho, quite different to my Australian accent and the US Accented Mean Gene, Jesse Ventura and The King but as i said better than silent so glad you released them. Out of curiosity, what legal hot water would you find yourself in if you ripped generic wrestling move commentary from various sources? The amount of moves probably don't make that feasable though.....

Not to be rude, but check the FAQ/Guide that comes with the game. I think you will find some of your answers in there. Whatever you still have questions about after goign through the FAQ, come back and ask it. Maybe someone can provide a clearer explanation for something you are still unclear about.

[QUOTE=bookerman]Not to be rude, but check the FAQ/Guide that comes with the game. I think you will find some of your answers in there. Whatever you still have questions about after goign through the FAQ, come back and ask it. Maybe someone can provide a clearer explanation for something you are still unclear about.[/QUOTE] You can confirm then that some of the answers to my questions are actually in the FAQ and Help files? I asked the questions after going through the FAQ and help files and scouring this forum. I had a few others like how to execute TAG moves and what are the different promotion styles all about but the answers to those were pretty easy to find......

[QUOTE]Q1. Promotion preference - when my wrestler is booked for more than one meeting on the same night, how do i know which meet is likely to schedule a match for my wrestler? Many an occassion i've picked and there has been no match scheduled :(. missed out on the money.[/QUOTE] You can't. [QUOTE]Q2. Money - I have no concept of what my wrestler is worth or what a promotion is looking for. How do i know what a promotion is likely to pay.[/QUOTE] The bigger the promotion, the more they will pay. [QUOTE]Q3. How do i know how "over"(is that the correct word for popular?) my wrestler is? I can read "i am happy with how over i am" In real terms i have no idea whether the crowd love him or not.[/QUOTE] It should be in your profile, there will be five values, one for each game area (North America, Mexico, etc). [QUOTE]Q4. Wrestling moves - what does 0% success chance mean? Also even though i might have 99%, how is it that my wrestler fails to pull off those moves?[/QUOTE] 0% success means you have no chance of getting a pinfall or submission from the move. 99% means you are almost guaranteed to get the pinfall or submission. Frequency is how likely you are to hit the move. [QUOTE]Q5. wrestler style when creating eg Strong style or super junior...what do these actually do?[/QUOTE] It effects how high your stats can go, and what promotions will hire you. [QUOTE]Q6. Fitness Regime - different settings have different impact for different wrestlers? What are the dynamics here? I've had different results for different wrestlers as far as rate of increase of various stats. I have no idea what impact time management has - eg free time, time watching wrestling footage, time with instructor etc, how do i guage worth of each for my particular wrestler?[/QUOTE] It depends on your skill levels and size. I believe the help file explains what each one does. [QUOTE]Q7. Sleep and diet and eating - i understand what these affect in a general sense but specifically what does what? What is the point of say having minimum sleep or eating to promote muscle mass? How can i guage impact of these decisions over time?[/QUOTE] Diet and eating effects size. If you're eating to promote muscle mass you're going to get bigger and stronger. If you're getting no sleep you will become unhappy. [QUOTE]Q8. Can i see how heavy wrestlers are or if my wrestler is losing or gaining weight?[/QUOTE] Their weight should be in their profile.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland] The bigger the promotion, the more they will pay. [/QUOTE] There has to be more to it than that. My wrestler is contracted Pay per appearance in CZCW for $487, 21CW for $345, USPW for $154 and 4CW for $212. The first two promotions are small - my wrestler is a main eventer. 2nd two promotions - much larger cult size, lower paid promotion, my wrestler is an enhancement talent while higher paid they are an opener. Now come negotiation time and contract renewal i don't want to burn bridges by demanding too much but i have no idea how much my wrestler is worth to the promotion. The juniors pay more than the seniors, even if the seniors have potential to pay more, there probably isn't any reason to pay my wrestler more and demanding it will likely dump me.....probably not making much sense here. [QUOTE=Adam Ryland] It should be in your profile, there will be five values, one for each game area (North America, Mexico, etc). [/QUOTE] Ahhh that's what they are all about. What's respect impact? [QUOTE=Adam Ryland] 0% success means you have no chance of getting a pinfall or submission from the move. 99% means you are almost guaranteed to get the pinfall or submission. Frequency is how likely you are to hit the move. [/QUOTE] Thanks for clarifying. I actually thought % success was chance of executing while frequency was how often it appeared in my move list. What moves show up on the list depends entirely on how worn out my wrestlers oponent is though right? [QUOTE=Adam Ryland] It effects how high your stats can go, and what promotions will hire you. [/QUOTE] Yeah i figured that but without knowing the lingo, i don't know what a spot monkey is or a super junior. I can figure out that the luchador relates directly to the Mexican promotion Lucha... [QUOTE=Adam Ryland] Diet and eating effects size. If you're eating to promote muscle mass you're going to get bigger and stronger. If you're getting no sleep you will become unhappy. [/QUOTE] PResumably then less sleep = more time training? Wrestler might become unhappy but will it have any other adverse affects eg drop in psychology or temporary weakness? Resumably the unhappiness can be offset by winning more fights and buying more stuff. [QUOTE=Adam Ryland] Their weight should be in their profile.[/QUOTE] I can only find their weight class eg lightweight, giant, unable to find how heavy they actually are. Thanks for your time and patience Adam.

[QUOTE]There has to be more to it than that. My wrestler is contracted Pay per appearance in CZCW for $487, 21CW for $345, USPW for $154 and 4CW for $212. The first two promotions are small - my wrestler is a main eventer. 2nd two promotions - much larger cult size, lower paid promotion, my wrestler is an enhancement talent while higher paid they are an opener. Now come negotiation time and contract renewal i don't want to burn bridges by demanding too much but i have no idea how much my wrestler is worth to the promotion. The juniors pay more than the seniors, even if the seniors have potential to pay more, there probably isn't any reason to pay my wrestler more and demanding it will likely dump me.....probably not making much sense here. [/QUOTE] Yes, it depends on your position within the company too, obviouly - not everyone would get paid the same. [QUOTE] Ahhh that's what they are all about. What's respect impact? [/QUOTE] Your chances of getting hired. [QUOTE]Thanks for clarifying. I actually thought % success was chance of executing while frequency was how often it appeared in my move list. What moves show up on the list depends entirely on how worn out my wrestlers oponent is though right?[/QUOTE] Yes. [QUOTE] Resumably then less sleep = more time training? Wrestler might become unhappy but will it have any other adverse affects eg drop in psychology or temporary weakness? Resumably the unhappiness can be offset by winning more fights and buying more stuff. [/QUOTE] Correct. [QUOTE] I can only find their weight class eg lightweight, giant, unable to find how heavy they actually are.[/QUOTE] That is there weight, it is in classes, not body weight.

Archived