ROH: Pride, Honor & Respect(The Journey)

[B][SIZE="4"]Newswire For The Week Of June 20th!!![/SIZE][/B] 6/20/06 ROH [B]June 20th[/B]: ROH presents a Double Header, "Sign of Dishonor" Friday, July 7th & "Escape from New York" Saturday, July 8th. [B]June 20th:[/B] After losing his one and only love, Jimmy Jacobs has decided to quit wrestling. His absence from ROH will be felt by everyone and we here at the ROH offices wish him the best. Although BJ Whitmer and Lacey have to start from the bottom again. Without Jacobs on the back of his mind Whitmer feels that he'll be more succesful. BJ Whitmer is schedlued to compete against Necro Butcher. [B]June 20th:[/B] There's no doubt that Jimmy Yang and Billy Kidman respect each others skills. But after upseting Kidman, Yang seemed a little different. Concerning himself about his post-match celebration than thanking his opponent for the competition. At Sign of Dishonor, Jimmy Yang and Billy Kidman will team up to face the Tag Team Champions, Christopher Daniels & AJ Styles. Could this new ROH alliance end Team TNA's reign as Champions? [B]June 20th:[/B] At "Death Before Dishonor", Rickey Reyes won a 3-Way for the Pure Wrestling Contendership. Unfortunately, during the match he sustained an injury. Reyes broken his jaw in the heat of the battle and will have to take some time off to recover. Reyes will get his Pure Wrestling title shot when he has recovered from his injuries. [B]June 20th:[/B] ROH Pure Wrestling Champion, Colt Cabana will take on The Amazing Red in a Non-Title Match. If Amazing Red manages to beat Cabana then he will get a title shot at "Escape from New York". [B]June 20th[/B]: During the Tag Team Championship match at "Death Before Dishonor", Frankie Kazarian ran out and cost Matt Bentley the match. After reviewing the tape, Samoa Joe has challenged Frankie Kazarian to a Grudge Match. Joe promises to tap him out and make him pay for breaking the honor code. Also, Matt Bentley has challenged Simon Diamond. Diamond has claimed to be TNA's Representative, boycotting any talent exchange between ROH and TNA. Matt Bentley crossed the line by returning to ROH as Joe's partner. It's the Representative vs the Scab. [B]June 20th[/B]: Chris Hero has gotten a strange following defeating any and all opponents that Jim Cornette throws at him. At "Sign of Dishonor", former NWA Tag Team Champion, "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton challenges Chris Hero in the Southern Justice. Will Eaton force Hero to take the Midnight Express or will Hero show Eaton his Hero's Welcome? [B]June 20th:[/B] This is a first in ROH history. After threatening to kill Bryan Danielson if he ever challenged him for the Heavyweight title again, Homicide has no challengers. There's not a wrestler in the ROH locker room that wants to compete against him. So Homicide and his brothers have laid out an open challenge. Anyone from ROH or outside of the company can compete against him for the ROH Title. Could a non-ROH wrestler accept the challenge and become the Heavyweight Champion?!

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]SIGN OF DISHONOR[/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Friday, July 7th 2006 at the New Alahambra Arena[/COLOR] [B]Open ROH Championship Challenge[/B] Homicide challenges anyone in ROH or outside of the company to compete for the Heavyweight title. [B]Southern Justice[/B] "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton vs Chris Hero [B]Tag Team Championship[/B] Christopher Daniels & AJ Styles defend their ROH Championships against Jimmy Yang & Billy Kidman [B]Grudge Match[/B] Samoa Joe vs Frankie Kazarian [B]TNA Representative vs ROH Scab[/B] Simon Diamond vs Matt Bentley [B]Non-title Match[/B] "Classic" Colt Cabana vs The Amazing Red Necro Butcher vs BJ Whitmer w/Lacey [B]4 Corner Tag Team Survival[/B] Kid Kash & Matt Sydal vs S.A.T.'s: Joel & Jose Maximo vs Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs Ruckus & Jay Lethal Ron Killings vs Ace Steel[/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson returns from Hospital[/SIZE][/B] 6/23/06 -After suffering from the brutal attack from the hands of Homicide and his brothers, Bryan Danielson was finaly released from the hospital. He got 17 stitches and a minor concussion. Although he's not scheduled to compete, Bryan Danielson will be attending "Sign of Dishonor" at July 7th 2006.[/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Homicide tells Bryan Danielson to stay home[/SIZE][/B] 6/25/06 -Homicide has publicly told Bryan Danielson to stay home and not attend "Sign of Dishonor". At "Death before Dishonor", Homicide warned Danielson if he ever challenged him again that his brothers would kill him. Will the former ROH Champion stay home and listen to Homicide's warning or will he show up at the next event?[/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B][SIZE="6"]SIGN OF DISHONOR[/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Sunday, July 7th 2006 2,000 people at the New Alahambra Arena[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]4 Corner Tag Team Scramble Survival Generation Next vs Kid Kash & Matt Sydal vs Ruckus & Jay Lethal vs The SAT[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Honor Highlights:[/B] [I]All 4 teams get their chance to show off their wrestling skills. Ruckus and Lethal get thrown outside while the SAT dive ontop of them. The two teams start brawling outside and eventualy leave ringside. The referee tries to get them back inside of the ring since they are the legal men but they're out of sight. Both teams get counted out and the match is awarded to Generation Next and Kid Kash & Matt Sydal. The two remaining teams shake each others hand and leave ringside. [/I] [B][SIZE="4"]Generation Next & Kid Kash & Matt Sydal win due to Ruckus and Jay Lethal and The SAT getting Counted Out in 12:09;.(b)[/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Blue"][I]Backstage, Jim Cornette, Terry Funk, Bobby the Brain Heenan & Terry Taylor are watching the match. Cornette pounds on his desk after seeing the finish to the match and stands up knocking his chair over. [/I][/COLOR] [B]Jim Cornette:[/B] This is Ring of Honor! Not that sports entertainment crap!! Since Kid Kash, Matt Sydal & Generation Next were awarded the match they both get a Tag Team title shot tomorrow night!! As for The SATs and Ruckus, Jay Lethal well they will be competing against each other in a Falls Count Anywhere match!! [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]Ron Killings vs Ace Steel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Honor Highlights:[/B] [I]Ron Killings dominates the entire match. Hitting some of his signature moves such as the Twisting Scissors Kick. Ace Steel tries to fight back hitting Killings with some hard strikes. Ron Killings is dazed on his feet when Steel hits the ropes and attempts a Yakuza Kick but Ron catches his foot and spins him out into a Clothesline. Killings picks him up and hits a Brainbuster putting him away. [/I] [B][SIZE="4"]Ron Killings defeated Ace Steel in 9:47 by pinfall with a Brainbuster Suplex.(c+)[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="purple"]BJ Whitmer w/Lacey vs Necro Butcher[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Honor Highlights:[/B] [I]Whitmer starts off things by getting a strong advantage of Necro. Hitting some strong moves on the Butcher for some near falls. Suddenly, Whitmer gets caught with one of Necros hard right punches and gets knocked out. Butcher beats on Whitmer for awhile then applies the Asiatic Spike for the submission victory. [/I] [B][SIZE="4"]Necro Butcher defeated BJ Whitmer in 7:37 by submission with an Asiatic Spike.(c+)[/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Blue"][I]After the match, Necro slides out of the ring and grabs a Barb-wire Lightube. He slides back in and signals that he's going to waffle BJ Whitmer. Suddenly, Lacey slides in and covers her boyfriend trying to protect him. Necro grabs her by the hair and smacks her across the face. He grabs his Lightube and focuses his attack on Lacey this time. Butcher winds up to break the Tube over her head when a Masked Man slides into the ring and steals his weapon. This Masked Mystery starts laying in some Hard Rights and Lefts then finaly hits Necro with his own weapon. Butcher falls over a bloody mess while Lacey is alone in the corner. This Masked Hero walks up to Lacey and extends his hand helping her back to her feet. She tries to remove his mask but he turns his face away and jumps outta the ring. He runs off through the crowd leaving Lacey to attend to her boyfriend. [/I][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]"Classic" Colt Cabana vs The Amazing Red[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Honor Highlights:[/B] [I]Amazing Red uses his speed to run circles around Cabana. Every time Cabana tries to take the match to the mat Red manages to squeeze his way out and hit more high impact moves. But it finaly catches up with Red when he attempts a Hurricanrana and Cabana Powerbombs him out of it. Colt ground and pounds him making sure he wont get up and fly around. Red fights back with some quick kicks and strikes. He hits a Flying Spinwheel Kick then a Flying Forearm to Cabana's face. Red is on fire. He attempts to hit a Standing Shooting Star but Cabana gets his knees up. Colt Cabana attempts to hit his Running Lariat but Red ducks, kicks him in the mid-section then hops on his back and hits the Code Red. That was enough to keep the Pure Wrestling Champion down.[/I] [B][SIZE="4"]The Amazing Red defeated Colt Cabana in 16:34 by pinfall with a Code Red.(b)[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="purple"]Simon Diamond vs Matt Bentley[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Honor Highlights:[/B] [I]Bentley shows a lot of fire after the opening bell with some quick tatical moves. Diamond slides out of the ring to re-group but gets caught with a Plancha by Bentley. Matt continues to beat Diamond down on the outside throwing him into the guardrails. Diamond rolls back into the ring to get away from his attacker. Bentley tries to roll back in but gets hit with an Elbow Drop. Diamond takes control of the match. He uses some ilegal chokes and eye rakes to keep the ROH Scab down. Diamond attempts a Simon Series but Bentley blocks the Suplex and hits his own. Bentley hits some clotheslines and Dropkicks then slams Diamond in the center of the ring. Bentley climbs to the top but Diamond pushes the referee into the ropes crotching Matt Bentley in the turnbuckle. Diamond climbs to the top and hits a Top Rope Belly-to-Back Suplex. He crawls ontop of him and covers him for the win.[/I] [B][SIZE="4"]Simon Diamond defeated Matt Bentley in 17:38 by pinfall with a Top Rope Belly-to-Back Suplex.(b)[/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Blue"][I]Backstage, a bloody Chris Hero is laid out in his locker room. There's nobody in sight. Who would've attacked Hero and why tonight?[/I][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]Grudge Match Samoa Joe vs Frankie Kazarian[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Honor Highlights:[/B] [I]Frankie Kazarian lands some strikes on the Samoan. He throws him to the outside and continues his striking at ringside. He attempts to throw Joe into the guardrails but Joe reverses it. Frankie Kazarian crashing into the rails in a seat position thus giving Joe the opportunity to hit his Ole Kick. Joe rams Kazarians head into the Turnbuckle post. Kazarian stumbles around dazed and confused. Joe hits some deadly chops cutting his chest wide open. Kazarian rolls back into the ring bleeding from his chest. Joe grabs a chair and re-enters the ring. He slams Kazarian over the head then places the chair ontop of his face. He hits the ropes and lands a Jumping Kneedrop. After a couple of near falls Kazarian starts to mount a comeback. He kocks Joe down with a Side-Kick then climbs the Turnbuckle. Joe catches him in time and smacks him across the face. Joe hooks him in a Suplex position then grabs his legs and sits-out for his Muscle Buster. Kazarian falls over allowing Joe to lock on his Chokehold. Kazarian taps out.[/I] [B][SIZE="4"]Samoa Joe defeated Frankie Kazarian in 17:32 by submission with a Rear Naked Chokehold.(b)[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="purple"]ROH Tag Team Championship Match Christopher Daniels & AJ Styles defend the ROH Tag Titles against Jimmy Yang & Billy Kidman[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Honor Highlights:[/B] [I]Some quick tags by Yang and Kidman take Team TNA by surprise. Some great tag team action by these two teams with some very impressive moves by all 4 men. The ROH crowd claps in approval. Unfortunately, Daniels cheats and puts his knee up when Styles threw Kidman in his corner. Team TNA focus their attack on the ROH newcomer keeping him away from his tag team partner. Daniels and Styles attempt a double suplex but Kidman flips out of it and lands behind them. He jumps into his corner and tags Yang. Jimmy Yang jumps to the top and hits a Double Crossbody Block on both men. Yang throws Daniels to the outside and hits a No-Hand Halo. Kidman climbs to the top and attempts a Shooting Star on AJ but he rolls outta the way and comes crashing down. Styles picks him up and hits the Styles Clash for the win. [/I] [B][SIZE="4"]Team TNA defeated Jimmy Yang and Billy Kidman in 19:31 when AJ Styles defeated Billy Kidman by pinfall with a Styles Clash.(b)[/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Jim Cornette walks out with Bobby Eaton. Cornette grabs the microphone from the ring announcer and makes himself heard. [/COLOR] [B]Jim Cornette:[/B] I was just recently told that Chris Hero may be injured and unable to compete. If that's true than I have no other option but reward the match to Bobby Eaton. So hit his music he has a 10 count! [COLOR="blue"]Chris Hero's theme hits but he's nowhere to be seen. Cornette and Eaton start to count down to 10. They eventualy reach 10 and Cornette calls for the bell. [/COLOR] [B]Jim Cornette:[/B] Your winner via Count-Out...BEAUTIFUL BOBBY EATONNN!!! [COLOR="blue"]The two celebrate inside of the ring as the ROH crowd boos in disapproval. They start a "**** You Cornette" chant. [/COLOR] [B]Jim Cornette: [/B]Photo-man, come take a picture of tonights winner! [COLOR="blue"]The photographer enters the ring and takes a picture of both Cornette and Eaton posing next to each other. Suddenly while both of their backs are turned the Photographer takes off his baseball cap and fake beard to reveal he's Chris Hero. The ROH crowd pops. Hero turns Cornette around and hits a Cravat Cutter. Eaton turns around and tries to Clothesline Hero but he ducks, kicks him in the mid-section and hits another Cravat Cutter. Hero covers Eaton while an ROH offical slides into the ring. 1...2..3!! Chris Hero takes the match. Hero celebrates in the ring with the ROH crowd as he's suddenly become a Fan Favorite. [/COLOR] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]ROH Heavyweight Championship Challenge Match Homicide defends his ROH Heavyweight Championship against Any Challengers[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Blue"][I]Homicide walks out with his brothers. They enter the ring as Homicide grabs ahold of a microphone. [/I][/COLOR] [B]Homicide:[/B] As most of you know, since nobody in the ROH roster has the balls to compete against me, I'm holding an Open Challenge to anyone! I don't care if you work for ROH, CZW, TNA or WWE!! We'll fight anybody!! Any color!! Any culture!! We don't care because quite frankly we're better than 90% of the wrestlers out there today!! [COLOR="blue"][I]"You Aint Nice" by Papoose hits as Jack Evans and Teddy Hart make their way to ringside. The ROH crowd are confused seeing these two walk out. A loud "Homicide's Going to Kill You!" chant starts up as Evans and Hart are face to face with the Brothers. Evans grabs the microphone from Homicide's hand. [/I][/COLOR] [B]Jack Evans:[/B] I know what this might look like. But it's not!! We didn't come out here to challenge you brotha!! No gangsta, we came out here to join you!! Yaa we want to audition to be apart of your Brotherhoodz!! [COLOR="blue"][I]Homicide, Ron Killings, Ruckus and Jay Lethal take a look at both men then start to burst out in laughter. Homicide grabs the microphone back from Evans. [/I][/COLOR] [B]Homicide:[/B] Lemme get this straight. You two white boyz want to "audition" to be apart of our group?! Well that sounds like a challenge don't it brothers?! [COLOR="blue"][I]Homicide kicks Evans in the mid-section and hits his Cop Killa nearly breaking Jack Evans in half. Teddy Hart tries to fight off Ruckus, Killings and Lethal but the numbers are too much. They get the upper hand while Homicide slides outta the ring and slides in 3 Steel Chairs. They hit Teddy Hart with a Triple Con-Chair-Co. Homicide piles Teddy Hart ontop of Jack Evans and pins both of them. 1...2..3...the referee signals for the bell. [/I][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="4"]Homicide defeated Jack Evans & Teddy Hart in 0:34 by pinfall with a Cop Killa.(b+)[/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="blue"][I]Homicide and his brothers celebrate when Bryan Danielson runs out from the crowd and slides into the ring with a Baseball Bat. Danielson hits Ruckus across the back then turns and knocks Lethal across the head. Killings tries to hit him with the chair but Danielson swings at him knocking the chair outta his hands. Killings gets hit with the Bat across the mid-section then gets hit on his back. Danielson and Homicide stare each other down. He still holds the bat in his hand while Homicide slowly reaches for the microphone. [/I][/COLOR] [B]Homicide:[/B] Are you insane?! I warned you that I'd kill you if you ever challenged me again!! I'm fighting for my culture, the minorities, bridging the gap between African Americans and everyone else in wrestling, now answer this....What the **** are you fighting for?! [COLOR="blue"][I]Bryan Danielson swings his bat knocking the microphone outta Homicides hand. He grabs him by his collar and yells, "I'm fighting for PRIDE, RESPECT AND HONOR!!". Danielson hooks Homicide's arms and hits a Dragon Suplex. Bryan Danielson is standing tall above the Brotherhood. What's going to happen tomorrow night?![/I][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="4"]Final DVD Rating: B+[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK[/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Saturday, July 8th 2006 at the New Alahambra Arena[/COLOR] [B]6-Man Tag Team Match[/B] Homicide, Simon Diamond & Frankie Kazarian vs Bryan Danielson, Samoa Joe & Matt Bentley [B]3-Way Dance for the ROH Tag Team Championship[/B] Christopher Daniels & AJ Styles defend the ROH Tag Titles against Matt Sydal & Kid Kash and Generation Next: Austin Aries & Roderick Strong [B]If Chris Hero Wins he gets a match against Jim Cornette at the Next Event[/B] Chris Hero vs "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton [B]Pure Wrestling Championship Match[/B] "Classic" Colt Cabana defends his Pure Wrestling Title against The Amazing Red [B]Falls Count Anywhere Tag Team Match[/B] The SATs: Jose & Joel Maximo vs Ruckus & Jay Lethal [B]The ROH Debut of Mikey Whipwreck[/B] "The Madman" Mikey Whipwreck debuts against Claudio Castagnoli [B]Tag Team Match[/B] Necro Butcher & Super Dragon vs The Embassey: Jimmy Rave & Alex Shelley w/Junkyard Smokes BJ Whitmer w/Lacey vs Ron Killings[/CENTER]

Archived