Eternal Japan Pro Wrestling: Another BDM Industries Production

(Ok, my last Diary sorta died, that was my fault and I apologize. Now I'm gonna try and do a diary again, this time using a Hybrid promotion. The lack of angles will hopefully allow me to clarify the storylines between my workers and even go into the backgrounds of the various matches taking place. I'll also try a new format, fiddle around with how I do stuff, etc. But enough rambling. BDM Industries Presents: Eternal Japan Pro Wrestling) [QUOTE][center][b][u]The Wrestling Voyeur[/u][/b] [b]Return of a Juggernaut?[/b] [i]by Charles Quintzer[/i][/center] Puro fans will be getting quite a treat come this December as former Japanese Promotion, Eternal Japan Pro Wrestling will be starting back up after several years of inactivity. Several names have already been revealed to be a part of the company. One of my sources within the company has told me that several of these names are not only well known within Japan, but "are famous worldwide". For those unfamilier with EJPW, it was originally formed by Japanese wrestling legend, Crimson Musashi after he retired from in-ring competion. It did extraordinarily well, able to compete with both Burning Hammer and Golden Canvas at their peak. However, the company stopped running after the Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival. The reasons for this are still unknown to this day.[/QUOTE] It all started with a phone call. After my stint with Destiny Championship Wrestling, my name had become very well-known within the wrestling community and my stock as a booker was through the roof. I was on FIRE, BABY~! But then Marshall Grant (owner of DCW) decided to close down the company for reasons that still aren't quite clear to me. He sold his channel, the Wrestling Network, to a group of mimes and faded into obscurity. The guy was weird like that. So, I found myself at home, without a job, though not really looking for one. I did mention how I was on FIRE~! right? I made an assload of cash and could live the good life until...well, let's just say that I'll still have money to burn even after I'm dead from old age. **** what the people say, I'm taking the money with me! Anyways, I was at home, without a job, watching some old DCW tapes, marvelling over how good my booking was (I have an ego, what can I say?), when my phone started to ring. This wasn't new since my phone had been ringing off the hook ever since DCW closed down a month or so ago. Promotions ranging from the mighty SWF to the lowly MAW to micro-indies that nobody had ever really heard of were all offering me the sun and the moon for my services. Being the businessman I was, I entertained all of them, weighing my options. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to immediately accept SWF's offer. I was always a fan of SWF and would have loved to be a part of the company, but I resisted the urge and waited for more offers. Anyways, back to the phone. I picked it up and was surprised to hear Marshall on the other end! Grant:"Hey Brandon, got an offer for ya!" Franchise:"Whoa, whoa, whoa! First off, where the hell have you been? Nobody's seen or heard from you since you closed DCW! People are worried, y'know?" Grant:"Ha ha ha! Oh, I should've expected that. I left because I fulfilled the last thing I wanted to do before I retired and left the wrestling industry. Thanks to you, I saw my baby rise to heights I could never imagine! Hell, for a while there, we were more popular than the SWF!" Franchise:"True, true. Well, I guess that answers that, so what's this offer for me?" Grant:"Well, you know Crimson Musashi and his promotion Eternal Japan Pro Wrestling right?" Anyone who read the dirt-sheets or was an insider in the industry knew about Crimson Musashi and his promotion. Personally, I was never much of a fan of Japanese wrestling. Yeah, it was good, but I could never really get into it. I think it was because I couldn't understand the announcers. Franchise:"Yeah, I know about it." Grant:"Well, I was talking to Crimson and when he told me that he was still looking for a Head Booker, I suggested you. He seems open to the idea." I had to admit, my ego took a small bit of battering when I heard this. I mean, didn't Crimson Musashi know who I was? I was The F'ing Franchise for goodness sakes! I was getting offers that would get me more money per day than some people on the roster would get the entire year. Hell, promotions the world over were tripping over themselves to get ME, The Franchise! The way it sounded Crimson could've cared less about me. Grant:"Honestly, I had to convince him to even consider you. He was originally planning on giving the book to one of his announcers, Minoru Hikari I believe, and...well, let's just say Crimson can be rather stubborn. When I suggested you, his first words were, and I quote: 'That kid barely even has hair on his ballsack and you want him to book my company? No way, my friend'." Ouch. My ego had just taken a vicious uppercut and was nearly KO'ed. Was I going to go out like Frazier, though? Oh hell no. Franchise:"Give me the address to EJPW Headquaters and tell Crimson I'll meet him there, tomorrow." It was time to head to Tokyo.

It was a long trip from Cincinnati to Tokyo, made much longer after being beseiged by several wrestling fans who recognized me from DCW. Even though interest in wrestling had been waning for a while (even before DCW closed it's doors), there were still die-hard fans who still loved wrestling and watched it every oppurtunity. Unfortunately, the fans that stopped me for my autograph weren't the sexy female types that were all over the place when wrestling was at it's hottest. No, these fans looked like they spent their days in a DAVE shirt that was two sizes too small, talking to other, similar people on the internet about how "awesome" Jeremy Stone vs Sean McFly for the Canadian title was. I personally thought the match was overrated, but whatever. Anyways, the problem with these fans is that they are both the smartest and stupidest of marks. Seriously, I got swarmed with pretty much the same question by all of them as I attempted to get to my plane; "Why did/didn't you sign/push/fire *insert wrestler name here*". It got tiring after a while, but eventually, I got to my plane. Franchise:"Good lord, I'm exhausted...." Hopefully when I arrived in Japan, I wouldn't be swarmed by the Japanese fans there. Even though the Wrestling Network didn't broadcast in Japan, it wasn't uncommon for fans to find ways to watch the DCW shows, usually by bugging local networks to buy old episodes to show. Things would not be pretty if I got swarmed by fans in Japan, mostly because I spoke little to no Japanese and would have no idea what they were asking. The plane trip itself was uneventful and after several hours of flight, we finally landed at Narita Airport. When I got off the plan I was relieved/depressed to find that there were no crazed fans waiting for me to arrive so they could bombard me with questions. However, I was faced with something almost as bad. As I walked to the luggage carosel, I noticed that nearly every person's eyes were fixated upon me. I guess I did kinda stand out, not only because I was a foriegner, but because I was black and towered over everyone thee. Anyways, I picked up my bags and was heading on my way out when I noticed a chaufeur holding a sign with the name most people knew me as (The Franchise) in crudely drawn English letters. I walked over to the guy and pointed to myself and telling him my name. His eyes widened a bit in surprise before he caught himself and bowed to me. When he spoke I could tell that English was not his first language. Chaufeur:"Ahh, Franchise-san, come me with, ok?" Franchise:"Uhh, sure dude." I got in the limo and we drove in silence to EJPW headquarters. Entering the building, I got hit by a memory of when I was in New York City to meet with Marshall, preparing to get DCW off the ground. Fun times. I was surprised to find that even though EJPW owned the building, many of the floors were rented out to various other businesses. EJPW still had the most floors under it's control though. I walked up to the desk of the pretty welcome girl and made a note to learn some Japanese as quick as possible so I could spit some game and add her to my list of *cough* "conquests" (hey, I may be a famous booker, but I'm still a 20 year old guy!). She pointed me towards Crimson's first floor office, which I made my way towards, but not before winking at the young greeting lady, causing her to blush slightly. Oh yeah, the seeds were planted. I entered and found Crimson talking to a large Japanese man, larger than me even, which was kinda surprising. Crimson and the large man turned to see who had entered the room. Crimson's facial expression did not change in the slightest upon seeing me. He motioned for me to sit. Crimson:"Go ahead an take a seat." I was shocked to hear Crimson's flawless English, it was better than some people I knew, that was for sure. I took the only other seat in front of Crimson's desk and watched as Crimson and the other man finished a conversation in Japanese before both turned to face me. Crimson:"The Franchise, correct? You know me already. The man in front of me is my associate, Ryu Musashi. I believe you've heard of him, correct?" Before and during my flight, I did some research on the various workers who were in EJPW before it was shut down. Ryu Musashi was EJPW's most prolific, and last, EJPW Global Honored Crown champion. Even though the shared the last name, Ryu and Crimson were not related in anyway. Ryu's loyalty to Crimson was very well documented, going as far to take his last name to honor his long-time mentor. After EJPW shut down, Ryu recieved several offers to work for both BHOTWG and GCG and he refused to join both companies several times, choosing to retire instead of "betraying" his mentor by joining a rival company. Crimson:"All right, Grant-san told me that you would be here. So, what do you want?" Crimson's bluntness took me by surprise as I had assumed most Japanese were the polite little people that you see in Anime. I cleared my throat and began to speak. Franchise:"Yeah, I'm here to tell you that I want the Head Booker job. Give me a chance and I'll show you why Marshall spoke so highly of me. So will you give me the job?" Crimson thought about it for approximately half a second before responding. Crimson:"No." It took all the self control I had to keep me from doing something drastic. First thought was to get up and punch this hardass, but knowing how loyal Ryu was to him, the guy probably would've crippled me for it. Second thought was to start sobbing uncontrollably, but I didn't want to look like a little bitch in front of these guys, so I decided against that to it. Crimson:"Now if you'll excuse me, I have other issues to take care of. Good day, Franchise." Crimson left the room, leaving me alone with Ryu. Once Crimson was gone, I placed my face in my hands, asking myself "why the hell am I out here?". I was ready to leave, tell Grant that Crimson was a bastard, and call up SWF to accept their offer. While wallowing in my self pity, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see the smiling face of Ryu Musashi. My ego had just gotten it's ass beat, but I did feel a little better seeing Ryu there. Ryu's English wasn't quite as good as Crimson's uber-fluent English speech, but it was still plenty good. Ryu:"Don't worry about Crimson-sensei, he can be gruff sometimes. I believe that you will be able to do a good job for our company and I will try to convince him of that. Go ahead and go sight-seeing. We will contact you if something changes." I nodded and left the office. Before I went outside, I walked over to the desk with the greeter girl and started trying to charm her in English. When I finished, I could tell she understood nothing I said as the smile on her face never changed as I spoke. That and she pointed at the office I just came from and spoke in heavily accented English. Greeter:"That es Meester Creamson's awfice." With a sigh, I walked away shaking my head. When I got outside, I was pleased to find the driver still there, reading a newspaper of somekind. When he finally noticed me, he put the paper away and opened the door for me before hopping into the driver's seat. For a few hours we just drove around, me doing some sight-seeing, until it got dark. The driver dropped me off at the hotel and when I entered my room I collapsed onto my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I questioned whether I should just call Richard Eisen now and take up that job offer. I thought about it for a while, deciding to watch some TV to try and clear my mind. I surfed the channels before happening to come across PGHW's TV show, [b]The King's Road[/b]. In the middle of a fantastic Bryan Vessey/PRIDE Koiso match, my phone started to ring. I muted to TV before answering, immediately hearing the gruff voice of Crimson Musashi on the other end. Crimson:"Ok, I'll give you a chance. The Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival is in two weeks. EJPW is going to be redebuting on that show. I want you to get the best workers you can for this show. Do well and we'll talk about long term employment. Fail this and you're gone. Understand?" I was speechless. I reminded myself to thank Ryu the next time I saw him. I babbled for a few moments before giving him an answer. Franchise:"Err...uhh...Yes sir!" Crimson hung up and I looked over at a wall calender. It was the second day of December, giving me less than 13 days to drum up a decent roster for the big Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival. It would be difficult, but I was confident I could do it. Franchise:"I hope I can do it...."

[quote][center][b][u]The Wrestling Voyeur[/u][/b] [b]News and Notes For the Week of 12/1[/b] [i]by Charles Quintzer[/i][/center] Lots of news has been coming out of Japan about the restarting Eternal Japan Pro Wrestling. It won't be a full-time promotion, choosing to tour instead. After this month, the company will be running every other month, to give their workers time to recover from their nagging injuries. Apparently, they've hired The Franchise to be head booker of the company with booking help from the announcing team of Minoru and Kagero Hikari. As of now, it's unclear whether The Franchise's deal is a long-term one or not. In talent news, EJPW have already met with several big name workers, signing them to contracts. Dark Angel, Beast Sappo, Awesome Thunder, Sensational Dragon, Bryan Holmes, and Dark EAGLE are just a few of the names confirmed to have signed exclusive contracts with EJPW. The company plans to have their first show during the Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival next Saturday. As of print time, no card was available. In NOTBPW, the very public seperation of Sean McFly and Victoria Stone has not only caused a rift backstage between the Stones and the McFlys and the supporters of both groups, but caused a backlash with the fans. The fans, whose loyalty lies with the Stone family, have been voicing their disdain for Sean and Tamera, resulting in the two being pulled off TV and shows for the time being. Seeing how he's been made into a virtual jobber, this is probably for the best. Those who have seen Sean backstage have said that he looks "miserable beyond words". It's very likely that the McFlys will be leaving North of the Border when their contracts end. In SWF, Remo has been somewhat unhappy at being pushed as Rich Money's henchman and has asked to be seperated from Money to get a singles push. He has also has expressed interest in travelling to Japan to improve his skills.[/quote] December 14th was coming up quick and I was rather pleased at our roster of workers. I did feel bad raiding WLW for many of their Main Eventers, but I got over it when I told myself that was how the business worked. We had some damn good workers and I had no doubt that we'd do well. Hell, our Main Eventers would be good enough to salvage the show if needed. Kyushin Lyger had spent a number of years as a low card worker in Japan, before heading to the US to improve his skills. He got picked up by DAVE around the same time Kunomasu did. It was there that he got to display his skills in a series of fantastic strong-style matches between himself and Kunomasu. He left soon afterwards to return to Japan where his skills and legacy increased. Today, the guy is a living legend, his name uttered in the same breath as guys like Hooded Kudo, Tadiyuki Kikkawa, and Yoshimi Musashibo when talking about living legends. He joined EJPW shortly after hearing about it's restart, having been mentored by Crimson early in his career. Hinorashi Asakura was a young guy who was looked at to be the future of Golden Canvas Grappling. After his first match in GCG, the arena they were at was shaking from people chanting his name at the top of their lungs. What happened next wasn't quite clear as he suddenly left GCG. Some say it was because of an argument over owed money. Nonetheless, Hinorashi was preparing to sign with BHOTWG when he was offered a larger contract from EJPW. Being a youngster, he took the bigger money. Personally, I think the guy has a great future and will definately be a superstar, being incredibly talented at such a young age. However, it may be just a bit too early to give him such a high level push. Mitsuharu Mazada was an MMA superstar, just as famous as Buddy Garner. In fact, that's why Mazada entered Pro Wrestling. After loosing to Garner in the biggest MMA tournament of the year (and Buddy's last MMA match ever), Mazada watched as Buddy entered Pro Wrestling. Wanting to prove that he was better than Buddy, Mitsuharu entered wrestling, getting picked up by EJPW before I got involved. I already spoke a little on Ryu Musashi (our current EJPW Global Honored Crown Champion) who is probably one of the more talented individuals in all of Japan. So yeah, we had a rather talented group of workers in our Main Event. With our roster having finished up it's prior bookings, it was time to focus on the Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival which was just a few days away.

EJPW Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival [center]Show: EJPW Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival Date: Saturday, Week 2, December 2005 Venue: Tokyo Dome, Honshu, Japan Crowd: 69,375[/center] [u]Pre-Show[/u] Pre-Show Match #1: [b]10 Man Battle Royal[/b] - Toshiharu Hyobanshi won a battle royal in 8:07. The final four competitors also included Nicolas Lopez, Fukusaburu Inao and Cameron Cruise, with Nicolas Lopez being the final elimination. C+ Pre-Show Match #2: [b]Roku Sotomura vs. Samoan Machine[/b] - Samoan Machine defeated Roku Sotomura in 7:54 by pinfall with a Samoan Driver. B- [u]Main Show[/u] Match #1: [b]Blood Money (Bryan Holmes & Brock Steele) vs. Team Destroyer (Hell Monkey & Kozue Kawashima)[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This is the first time Blood Money have ever teamed up, same with Team Destroyer. This match is for the vacant EJPW World Tag Team Titles. -Team Destroyer defeated Blood Money in 20:16 when Hell Monkey defeated Brock Steel by pinfall with a Hell Fire Kick. Team Destroyer win the EJPW World Tag Team titles. -Rating: [b]B+[/b] Match #2: [b]EJPW Junior Championship Title Match: Burning Takashiita vs. Dark EAGLE vs. The Great Hisato[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This match is for the vacant EJPW Junior Championship title. -Burning Takashiita defeated Dark EAGLE and The Great Hisato in 19:44 when Burning Takashiita defeated The Great Hisato by pinfall with a Takashiita Driver. Burning Takashiita wins the EJPW Junior Championship title. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match #3: [b]Heaven's Rebel vs. Darius Sidel[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This is an EJPW International Title Round Robin Tournament match. Heaven's Rebel is going in as one of the favorites to win the whole thing. Both Heaven's Rebel and Darius Sidel are 0-0 in the tournament. -Heaven's Rebel defeated Daruis Sidel in 20:41 by pinfall with an Angels Wings. Darius Sidel didn't look very happy about loosing. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match #4: [b]Sensational Dragon vs. Awesome Thunder[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This is another match in the Round Robin Tournament. Sensational Dragon is heavily favored to win the tournament. -Awesome Thunder defeated Sensational Dragon in 18:32 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. As Awesome Thunder made his way to the back, he laughed about having stolen the victory away from Sensational Dragon. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match #5: [b]EJPW Global Honored Crown Title Match: Beast Sappo vs. Ryu Musashi (Champion)[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This match was the first of two matches announced for today. Ryu was the EJPW Global Honored Crown champion when the company originally shut down. -Ryu Musashi and Beast Sappo fought to a draw in 27:45 following a double disqualification. Ryu Musashi makes defence number 1 of his EJPW Global Honored Crown title. Sappo was visibly tiring by the end of the match. -Rating: [b]A*[/b] Match #6: [b]Kyushin Lyger & Hinorashi Asakura vs. Mitsuharu Mazada & Dark Angel[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This match was the second one announced prior to today. -Mitsuharu Mazada and Dark Angel defeated Kyushin Lyger and Hinorashi Asakura in 59:51 when Dark Angel defeated Hinorashi Asakura by pinfall with a Falling Angel Moonsault. After the match, Kyushin put an arm around the crestfallen Hinorashi, giving him some helpful advice for the future. -Rating: [b]A*[/b] Final Rating: [b]A*[/b]

(Cool, someone rated my diary. If you're reading this, then feel free to leave comments.) I was the last person to leave the arena after the show, heading back to the hotel at around 2:00 AM. As I sat in the back of my limo, I couldn't help but wonder who exactly was this person driving me around? I didn't know his name, why he was a driver, or anything like that. I then thought about it a bit more and said "**** it". This driver didn't matter to me. As I watched the city go by I recieved several calls on my cell, most from guys on the other side of the world, back in the US. Thanks to World Net, our PPV provider, we had a decent amount of world wide exposure. I wasn't quite sure how the time-zones and whatnot worked, but apparently my friends and associates in the US had seen the PPV. I got calls from some workers in the US who I had met during my time booking DCW. Of course Marshall called and I even got a call from the [b]Wrestling Voyeur's[/b] Charles Quintzer. Me and Quintzer weren't what you'd call "buddy-buddy", so getting a call from him was a bit of a surprise. All of them were raving about show, saying I still had "it". Well, I may have still had "it", but in the end it wouldn't matter unless I got the booking job. When I got the hotel and started making my way to my room, one of the people behind the check-in desk informed me that I had received a voice message. At least I think he did, the guy's English was so bad that I could barely understand him. I gave the guy an uncomfortable smile before taking the elevator up to my floor. I entered my room and collapsed onto my bed and before I could even think about what I'd gone through today, I fell asleep. The next morning I was woken up by the sound of my phone ringing. Grumbling and muttering, I picked up the phone and listened to the person on the other end. It was Ryu, who despite his evilness as a heel was a damn nice guy outside of the ring. Ryu:"Hello, Franchise-san?" Franchise:"Yes?" Ryu:"I hope you're doing well. I talked to Crimson-sama and he was impressed with the job you did last night. The paperwork is pretty much done and is waiting for your signature. I'm not 100% positive, but I believe he wants to give you a two-year contract." Franchise:"Sounds good to me. Tell Mr. Crimson that I'll be at the office later today to look over the contract." Ryu:"I'll be sure to let him know, and let me say that it's gonna be a pleasure working with you, Franchise-san." Franchise:"Yeah, I'm looking forward to working with everyone at EJPW too." Hanging up the phone, I let out a loud yawn before getting up and stretching, hearing several joints pop. I still needed to sign my contract, but for the moment, it looked like I was officially EJPW's Head Booker. Our next scheduled show is our TV taping in January, so that meant I had about two weeks of time to create some super-steller card for our first showing on free TV, but **** that! I'm gonna slack off until a day or so before the taping before I think about a card.

EJPW: War of the Eternals Preview [b][u]EJPWOnline.com's English War of the Eternals Preview[/u][/b] Monday, January 1, 2006 It's a new year and with a new year comes a new beginning for Eternal Japan Pro Wrestling! After watching the 2005 Match of the Year draw between Beast Sappo and Ryu Musashi, Mr. Crimson was so impressed that he signed the contract for a rematch at the January PPV, [b]King of the Ring[/b]! However, before he made that epic in the making, he announced that Beast Sappo would be teaming with Kyushin Lyger to face off against the team of Ryu Musashi and Mitsuharu Mazada at tonight's War of the Eternals! "The Firestorm" Hinorashi Asakura's temper was certainly burning after being pinned by Dark Angel in their tag match during the Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival. It took him hours to calm down, but once he did, the first thing he did was to ask Mr. Crimson for a singles match at tonight's War of the Eternals and it was granted! What will happen when Hinorashi Asakura and Dark Angel collide? The EJPW International Title Round Robin Tournament will continue with Heaven's Rebel (1-0) facing off against Sensational Dragon (0-1) and Darius Sidel (0-1) going against Awesome Thunder (1-0)! Both Sensational Dragon and Darius Sidel need victories if they wish to keep their title hopes alive! Also an EJPW Heavyweight Champion will be crowned and the EJPW Junior Champion, Burning Takashiita will be defending his title against challenger Billy Russell! Make sure you tune into EJPW's War of the Eternals on Rising Sun Sports at 8:00PM in Japan and tomorrow at 8:00PM on World Sports!

EJPW: War of the Eternals [center]Show: EJPW: War of the Eternals Date: Teusday, Week 1, January 2005 Venue: Asahikawa Stadium, Hokkaido, Japan Crowd: 10,000[/center] [u]Pre-Show[/u] Pre-Show Match 1 - [b]10 Man Battle Royal[/b] -Jack Marlowe won a battle royal in 7:58. The final four competitors also included El Leon, Roku Sotomura and Nicolas Lopez, with El Leon being the final elimination. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: Eh, I just needed a match where I could place a bunch of guys, to keep them happy. I do like El Leon though and hope to give him a push in the future. -Rating: [b]B-[/b] Pre-Show Match 2 - [b]Hinorashi Asakura vs. Champagne Lover[/b] -Hinorashi Asakura defeated Champagne Lover in 7:55 by pinfall with a Tombstone Piledriver. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I plan on pushing Champagne Lover and this match was to see how he'd do in a big match against one of our top guys. Plus I wanted to give a little bit of momentum to Hinorashi before his match with Dark Angel. I am pleased with the result. -Rating: [b]A[/b] [u]Main Show[/u] Match 1 - [b]EJPW Heavyweight Championship Title Match: Brock Steel vs. Samoan Machine[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This match is for the EJPW Heavyweight Championship Title. Brock Steel is hoping to come back strong after his tag loss at the Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival. -Samoan Machine defeated Brock Steel in 9:37 by submission with an Unbreakable Sleeper. Samoan Machine wins the EJPW Heavyweight Championship title. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I was sad to see that the two didn't click, causing a bit of an akward match between the two. I'm very high on Samoan Machine. -Rating: [b]B-[/b] Match 2 - [b]Bryan Holmes vs. Hell Monkey[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: At the show during the Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival, Bryan Holmes and Brock Steel (Blood Money) lost to the team of Hell Monkey and Kozue Kawashima (Team Destroyer). -Hell Monkey defeated Bryan Holmes in 10:03 by pinfall following interference from Kozue Kawashima. After Team Destroyer left, Brock Steel came out to check on his partner. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: Hell Monkey and Bryan Holmes are two of my favorite workers, so I admit, I marked out major while watching this match. Anyways, I was rather pleased at the quality of the match. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match 3 - [b]EJPW Junior Championship Title Match: Burning Takashiita vs. Billy Russell[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This is Burning Takashiita's first defense of the EJPW Junior Championship after winning it during the Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival. -Burning Takashiita defeated Billy Russell in 9:57 by pinfall with a Takashiita Driver. Burning Takashiita makes defence number 1 of his EJPW Junior Championship title. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I was rather shocked at how good the match was. Sure Billy Russell was a good shoot fighter, but his pro-wrestling skills were not at the same level. This was a very pleasent surprise. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match 4 - [b]Darius Sidel vs. Awesome Thunder[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This is part of the EJPW International Title Round Robin Tournament. Darius Sidel is (0-1) while Awesome Thunder is (1-0). Darius needs a victory to have a chance to win the tourney. -Awesome Thunder defeated Daruis Sidel in 13:11 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. As he left, Awesome Thunder laughed at stealing the victory from Sidel. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: This was a better than expected match. Kudos to the two. -Rating: [b]A*[/b] Match 5 - [b]Heaven's Rebel vs. Sensational Dragon[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This is another match in the EJPW International Title Round Robin Tournament. Heaven's Rebel is (1-0). Sensational Dragon is (0-1). Sensational Dragon needs a victory to stay in contention. -Sensational Dragon defeated Heaven's Rebel in 14:42 by pinfall with a Dragon Slice. After the match, the two men reluctantly shook hands. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: Another better than expected match. Wow, my roster is just surprising the hell out of me today! -Rating: [b]A*[/b] Match 6 - [b]Hinorashi Asakura vs. Dark Angel[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: Dark Angel pinned Hinorashi during a tag match at the Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival. This match is a result of that. -Dark Angel defeated Hinorashi Asakura in 17:54 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Hinorashi went on a rampage after the match, slamming chairs and cursing loudly in rage. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: Unfortunately the two don't click at all. That's not really a problem though since the match was still outstanding. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match 7 - [b]Beast Sappo & Kyushin Lyger vs. Ryu Musashi & Mitsuharu Mazada[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: Mr. Crimson set this match up after the singles match Ryu Musashi and Beast Sappo had at the Japanese Wrestle Peace Festival. Ryu Musashi and Beast Sappo will be having a match at the January PPV, [b]King of the Ring[/b]. -Beast Sappo and Kyushin Lyger defeated Ryu Musashi and Mitsuharu Mazada in 30:27 when Beast Sappo defeated Ryu Musashi by pinfall with a Beast Bomb. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I hate how out of shape Beast Sappo is compared to the others. By the end of this match he was showing his fatigue, but hopefully, he'll improve his stamina after enough long matches. I was pleased to see how well Ryu and Mitsuharu worked as a team, they had excellent tag chemistry. Hopefully, that'll transfer over if I have them go against each other in a match. -Rating: [b]A*[/b] Final Rating: [b]A*[/b] Ratings: 817,981 Viewers on Rising Sun Sports, 649,876 Viewers on World Sports.

EJPW Newswire Monday, Week 2: Following last week's gigantic tag match, Mr. Crimson has decided that Ryu Musashi and Beast Sappo will not encounter each other again, until [b]King of the Ring[/b]! However, this week at War of the Eternals, Beast Sappo will be facing off against Mitsuharu Mazada in what's sure to be an epic battle! Monday, Week 2: It was determined by Mr. Crimson and the Board of Directors, that January's Pay-Per-View, [b]King of the Ring[/b], will be held at the prestigious Tokyo Racecourse! Monday, Week 2: In a recent interview, the members of Team Destroyer, Kozue Kawashima and Hell Monkey, claimed they were the best tag team in EJPW! After hearing those words, Mr. Crimson recieved a call from Bairei Yasujiro and the Great Hisato, both asking for a shot at the EJPW World Tag Team Champions! Watch War of the Eternals to see Yasujiro and Hisato teaming for the first time to face off against Team Destroyer! Monday, Week 2: After last week's defeats, Bryan Holmes and Brock Steel decided to have a match against each other to see what they were doing wrong. They told us that it would be friendly, but who knows what'll happen when they face off? Monday, Week 2: The final round of EJPW International Title Round Robin Tournament takes place tonight when Heaven's Rebel (1-1) faces off against Awesome Thunder (2-0) and Sensational Dragon (1-1) goes against Darius Sidel (0-2)! If Awesome Thunder wins, then he will win the EJPW International Title. The pressure is on for the talented Heaven's Rebel to keep his title hopes alive with a win!

EJPW War of the Eternals [center]Show: EJPW: War of the Eternals Date: Monday, Week 2, January 2006 Venue: Kyoto Prefectural Gymnasium, Shikoku, Japan Crowd: 9,492[/center] [u]Pre-Show[/u] Pre-Show Match 1 - [b]10 Man Battle Royal[/b] -Toshiharu Hyobanshi won a battle royal in 7:54. The final four competitors also included Roku Sotomura, Fukusaburu Inao and Nicolas Lopez, with Roku Sotomura being the final elimination. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I really think Hyobanshi could be the next Kikkawa. All he needs is a good push and working with some of our top workers. -Rating: [b]B-[/b] Pre-Show Match 2 - [b]EJPW Global Honored Crown Title Match: American Elemental vs. Ryu Musashi (champion)[/b] -Ryu Musashi defeated American Elemental in 8:04 by pinfall with a Shining Destruction. Ryu Musashi makes defence number 2 of his EJPW Global Honored Crown title. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I'm a big fan of American Elemental and I think it would be really cool if we could get Elemental II to work with him. Anyways match was just to see how well American Elemental could work in a one on one match. I'm very pleased. -Rating: [b]A[/b] [u]Main Show[/u] Match 1 - [b]Brock Steel vs. Bryan Holmes[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This match was requested by Brock Steel and Bryan Holmes, as mentioned on the EJPW Newswire. -Brock Steel drew with Bryan Holmes in 10:21 following a double count-out. It looked like the two were going to come to blows, but before it could happen, they smiled at each other and shook hands. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I was somewhat underwhelmed by the match. It was good, but nothing really special. -Rating: [b]B+[/b] Match 2 - [b]EJPW Heavyweight Championship Title Match: Cameron Cruise vs. Samoan Machine (champion)[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This match is for the EJPW Heavyweight Championship Title. This is Samoan Machine's first defence of the EJPW Heavyweight Championship Title. -Samoan Machine defeated Cameron Cruise in 8:10 by pinfall with a Samoan Driver. Samoan Machine makes defence number 1 of his EJPW Heavyweight Championship title. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I starting to grow concerned at Samoan Machine's abilities. I know Cameron Cruise is good and Samoan Machine is good, so why isn't this match just mindblowing? Very disappointing. -Rating: [b]B[/b] Match 3 - [b]EJPW World Tag Team Title Match: Yasujiro & Hisato vs. Team Destroyer (champions)[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: Yasujiro & Hisato asked for this match after reading the recent interview Team Destroyer had in the newspaper. This is Yasujiro & Hisato's first time as a team. This is also Team Destroyer's first defence of the EJPW World Tag Team Titles. -Team Destroyer defeated Yasujiro & Hisato in 20:22 when Hell Monkey defeated The Great Hisato by pinfall with a handful of tights. Team Destroyer make defence number 1 of their EJPW World Tag Team titles. Once they got the three count, Team Destroyer high-tailed it for the back, not wanting to face the wrath of Bairei Yasujiro and The Great Hisato. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: Another disappointing match from four very talented guys. I'll just attribute it to it being an off-night. -Rating: [b]B+[/b] Match 4 - [b]Sensational Dragon vs. Darius Sidel[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This is another match in the EJPW International Title Round Robin Tournament. Sensational Dragon is (1-1) while Darius Sidel is (0-2). -Sensational Dragon defeated Daruis Sidel in 17:02 by pinfall with a Dragon Slice. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I feel a little better now. This was a great match between two very good talents. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match 5 - [b]Beast Sappo vs. Mitsuharu Mazada[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This match was announced in the EJPW Newswire after Mr. Crimson decided he didn't want Ryu Musashi and Beast Sappo in any more matches against one another. -Mitsuharu Mazada defeated Beast Sappo in 22:43 by pinfall following interference from Ryu Musashi. After coming to his senses, Beast Sappo glared at Ryu Musashi as the champion and Mitsuharu made their way to the backstage area, grins on their faces. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: An awesome match, just as I expected from these two. -Rating: [b]A*[/b] Match 6 - [b]Heaven's Rebel vs. Awesome Thunder[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This is the final match in the EJPW International Title Round Robin Tournament. Heaven's Rebel is (1-1) while Awesome Thunder is undefeated at (2-0). If Awesome Thunder wins, he will recieve the EJPW International Title. -Heaven's Rebel defeated Awesome Thunder in 30:20 by pinfall with an Angels Wings. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: Try to envision the look on my face as I watched this match. The two don't click! Son of a bitch. Still a good match though. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Final Rating: [b]A[/b] Final Thoughts: The show was decent, a lot better than anything the other promotions are putting on, but not up to our usual standard. Just an off-show for us, but I think we'll do better next week. Ratings: 796,894 Viewers (Rising Sun Sports), 637,510 Viewers (World Sports)

EJPW Newswire Monday, Week 3: The EJPW International Title Round Robin Tournament came to an end last week and there's a three way tie between Awesome Thunder, Heaven's Rebel, and Sensational Dragon, all three at 2-1! To solve this problem, Mr. Crimson has ordered that the three men face off against each other at [b]King of the Ring[/b]! And to make sure there will be no disputes, it will be a Ladder Match! Who will be walking out of [b]King of the Ring[/b] with the EJPW International Title? Monday, Week 3: Last week, Ryu Musashi cost Beast Sappo a win against Mitsuharu Mazada! Will the tables be turned when Ryu defends his title against Hinorashi Asakura? If Hinorashi wins the title, he will defend it at [b]King of the Ring[/b] in the scheduled title match against Beast Sappo. Monday, Week 3: After their match against each other, Blood Money learned about the EJPW World Tag Team Title match between Yasujiro & Hisato and Team Destroyer! Needless to say they weren't happy. They pleaded their case to Mr. Crimson and requested a title match! So, at [b]King of the Ring[/b], Blood Money will face off against the EJPW World Tag Team Champions Team Destroyer! To warm up, Blood Money will have a match against the team of Bulldozer Taira and Jack Marlowe, otherwise known as Monser Factory! Bryan Holmes and Brock Steel better not overlook these two or they might not make it to [b]King of the Ring[/b]! Monday, Week 3: Samoan Machine is fearless! He's looking for a good challenge for War of the Eternals and he's gonna get one from "The Unstoppable" Toshiharu Hyobanshi! Samoan Machine better watch out or he may lose his title tonight! Monday, Week 3: Love Junior-Heavyweight wrestling? Then make sure you watch tonight's War of the Eternals as Burning Takashiita will be defending his EJPW Junior Championship Title against Bairei Yasujiro and Billy Russell!

EJPW War of the Eternals [center]Show: EJPW: War of the Eternals Date: Monday, Week 3, January 2006 Venue: Ishikawa Industrial Exhibition, Hokkaido, Japan Crowd: 9,841[/center] [u]Pre-Show[/u] Pre-Show Match 1 - [b]10 Man Battle Royal[/b] -Cameron Cruise won a battle royal in 7:33. The final four competitors also included Washichi Inao, Fukusaburu Inao and Masutaro Kataoka, with Washichi Inao being the final elimination. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I rather like Cameron Cruise, the guy is really talented. Hell, most of EJPW's future superstars are in these battle royals, so I enjoy watching these battle royals. -Rating: [b]C+[/b] Pre-Show Match 2 - [b]Kyushin Lyger vs. Champagne Lover[/b] -Kyushin Lyger defeated Champagne Lover in 7:47 by pinfall with a Burning Hammer X. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: For two guys who don't click, these two had a damn good match. I'm very pleased. -Rating: [b]A[/b] [u]Main Show[/u] Match 1 - [b]Wasichi Inao vs. Hell Monkey[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: Hell Monkey and his partner, Kozue Kawashima have to defend their EJPW World Tag Team Titles at [b]King of the Ring[/b] against Blood Money. -Hell Monkey defeated Washichi Inao in 12:48 by pinfall with a Hell Fire Kick. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: Hell Monkey is just so awesome! This was a very good match. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match 2 - [b]EJPW Heavyweight Championship Title Match: Samoan Machine (champion) vs. Toshiharu Hyobanshi (challenger)[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This match was announced on the EJPW Newswire. Samoan Machine made the challenge and it was answered by "The Unstoppable" Toshiharu Hyobanshi. -Samoan Machine drew with Toshiharu Hyobanshi in 14:42 following a double count out. Samoan Machine makes defence number 2 of his EJPW Heavyweight Championship title. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I'm not longer worried about Samoan Machine's ability to have a good match as this was a fantastic match. I'm grooming Hyobanshi to one day be a superstar in the vein of Tadiyuki Kikkawa and he's coming along nicely. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match 3 - [b]Blood Money vs. Monstery Factory[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: Bryan Holmes and Brock Steel have a match against Team Destroyer at [b]King of the Ring[/b] for the EJPW World Tag Team Titles. This is Jack Marlowe and Bulldozer Taira's first time teaming together as Monster Factory. -Blood Money defeated Monster Factory in 15:12 when Bryan Holmes defeated Bulldozer Taira by pinfall with a Canadian Kiss. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: Sadly, Monster Factory didn't work together very well. I don't want to give up on the two as a team, but it may come down to that. I'll just have to wait and see how they do against another team. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match 4 - [b]Sensational Dragon vs. Dark EAGLE[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: At [b]King of the Ring[/b], Sensational Dragon will be going against Heaven's Rebel and Awesome Thunder in a Ladder Match for the vacant EJPW International Title. -Sensational Dragon defeated Dark EAGLE in 18:32 by pinfall with a Dragon Slice. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: I can always depend on Sensational Dragon to put on a good match with whoever I put him against. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match 5 - [b]EJPW Junior Championship Title Match: Burning Takashiita (champion) vs. Bairei Yasujiro vs. Billy Russell[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This match was announced on the EJPW Newswire. Burning Takashiita and Billy Russell have faced off before at Week 1's War of the Eternals for the EJPW Junior Championship. -Burning Takashiita defeated Bairei Yasujiro and Billy Russell in 17:33 when Burning Takashiita defeated Bairei Yasujiro by pinfall with a Takashiita Driver. Burning Takashiita makes defence number 2 of his EJPW Junior Championship title. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: This was a very good match, but unimportant in the long run. I need to find a good heel Junior-Heavyweight that I can put into a program with Burning Takashiita. Otherwise I have nothing for the guy to do but put on good matches in the undercard. -Rating: [b]A[/b] Match 6 - [b]EJPW Global Honored Crown Title Match: Hinorashi Asakura vs. Ryu Musashi[/b] [b]Match Background[/b]: This was another of the matches announced in the EJPW Newswire. Hinorashi has been on a losing streak against the more experienced members of EJPW Main Event scene. The winner of the match will be defending the EJPW Global Honored Crown at [b]King of the Ring[/b] against Beast Sappo. -Ryu Musashi defeated Hinorashi Asakura in 27:34 by pinfall with a Shining Destruction. Ryu Musashi makes defence number 3 of his EJPW Global Honored Crown title. During the match, Beast Sappo came out to watch. Once the match was over and Ryu Musashi left, Dark Angel came out to laugh at Hinorashi's loss. -[b]Thoughts[/b]: Hinorashi will be a superstar eventually, but I don't want to push him very hard right now. Let him learn from the best and grow as a worker. Ryu Musashi has yet another fantastic match to his name. -Rating: [b]A*[/b] Final Thoughts: This show was really, really good, much better than last week. Some may think it's a bad idea, but I think I'll talk to Crimson about going to war with Burning Hammer. Sure, the Japanese don't really work that way, but if we can take out BHTOWG, then we'll be able to get the best Japanese talent around, PGHW be damned. Final Rating: [b]A*[/b] Ratings: 822,250 Viewers (Rising Sun Sports), 652,955 Viewers (World Sports)

555 Wrestling.com [b]Exclusive Bryan Holmes Interview![/b] [i]by Willie Wonka[/i] [b][i]Today we have an Exclusive Interview with former DAVE Unified Champion and current EJPW Superstar, Bryan Holmes! He sits down and talks about his decision to leave DAVE, his team with Brock Steel, Emma Chase, and much more![/i][/b] [quote][b]Willie Wonka[/b]: Hello, Bryan, thank you for taking the time to sit down with me for this interview. [b]Bryan Holmes[/b]: No problem, Willie, it's my pleasure. [b]WW[/b]: Now, Bryan, two months ago, you were DAVE's Unified Champion and a prominent member of PGHW's roster, yet you still signed with Eternal Japan. Why? [b]BH[/b]: Heh, you're not holding back are you, eh? Well, the reason I joined EJPW is because EJPW has a chance to be bigger than both SWF in the US and Burning Hammer in Japan. I want to be able to say that I was one of the people who helped EJPW do that. [b]WW[/b]: Currently, you and Brock Steel have been tagging together as Blood Money. Are you unhappy about being booked primarily as a tag worker? [b]BH[/b]: Oh no, I'm quite happy tagging with Brock. He's a great, young talent who's going to be a superstar one day. The guy seems to get better after every match and the sky's the limit. [b]WW[/b]: Are you interested in possibly splitting from Brock Steel for a singles push? [b]BH[/b]: Hey, never say never. I'd love to do some singles work against some of the guys in EJPW, but for now, I'm happy doing tag work. [b]WW[/b]: Your long time manager, Emma Chase, was signed by SWF shortly after you signed with EJPW. Do the two of you keep in contact with each other? [b]BH[/b]: Yeah, despite the time difference, me and Emma find time to talk to each other on the phone. [b]WW[/b]: So, how is Emma doing? Do you think she would ever sign with EJPW? [b]BH[/b]: The last time me and her spoke, she said that she was doing fine. And would she ever sign with EJPW? Who knows? The Franchise once told me that he tried signing Emma, but she picked SWF over EJPW. [b]WW[/b]: EJPW has quite a bit of competion, ranging from Burning Hammer Of the Wrestling Gods to WLW. What do you think of EJPW's competiton? [b]BH[/b]: Unfortunately, I'm usually too busy to watch the competition's shows. The little I've seen of Burning Hammer has been very unimpressive. Despite the talent they have on the roster, their shows are almost always underwhelming. [b]WW[/b]: What about Pride Glory Honor Wrestling? [b]BH[/b]: It's funny, when I was working for them, I never watched any of the shows on TV, but now that I'm not part of the company anymore, I decided to watch some of their shows. All I have to say is that we better watch out or PGHW may sneak up from behind and take us out! [b]WW[/b]: Now I wanna do some word association. I'll say a word and you say the first thing that comes to mind. [b]BH[/b]: All right. [b]WW[/b]: Nemesis. [b]BH[/b]: Genius. [b]WW[/b]: DAVE. [b]BH[/b]: Family. [b]WW[/b]: Tommy Cornell. [b]BH[/b]: Fanatastic worker and great guy. [b]WW[/b]: Burning Hammer. [b]BH[/b]: Stale. [b]WW[/b]: PGHW. [b]BH[/b]: Up and Coming. [b]WW[/b]: SWF. [b]BH[/b]: Faceless Corporation. [b]WW[/b]: Emma Chase. [b]BH[/b]: Classiest lady in wrestling. [b]WW[/b]: Bryan Holmes. [b]BH[/b]: Heh, The Greatest Ever. [b]WW[/b]: Thank you again for your time. [b]BH[/b]: No problem.[/quote]

Archived