GDS next game?

This is more a what not when question. The board seems a little quiet as of late. I am not expecting any more updates to the BBCF or TCB for the current versions until next year atleast not anything substantial. So............... what's next? Is there a plan for the future?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=galaril]How about a MLS soccer game?[/QUOTE] There are already some excellent soccer sims out there that include MLS. IMO, the best of these is Football Manager 2006 (aka Worldwide Soccer Manager in the US).

[QUOTE=Cardinals]It had better be a pro football sim. It's been 3 years since one has been released. The community definitely needs a new pro football sim title.[/QUOTE] Arlie has said elsewhere that a pro football sim is in their plans.

[QUOTE=StormEd]There are already some excellent soccer sims out there that include MLS. IMO, the best of these is Football Manager 2006 (aka Worldwide Soccer Manager in the US).[/QUOTE] Actually, word is MLS is a second class citizen in the SI soccer game. If you want realistic MLS soccer forget it. Once you play a career for a while your team is all Foreign players and it doesn't do a good job of mimicing the MLS draft at all.

The last time I played a game in the MLS, the only thing I found that was problematic was that the game itself is geared for the transfer system that is used worldwide, while the MLS tends to follow the American system of trades. Frankly, I don't care much for the MLS game within FM2006 because there isn't much in the way of a career path. By contrast, managing an English team allows for advancement of the team or advancement of the coach. Much more multifaceted game.

[QUOTE=StormEd]It isn't. See Tim Plum's earlier post in this thread.[/QUOTE] Well WreSpi 2 is a given as it's already been announced. I guess I need to be more clear...I'm hoping the next game that is announced is a pro football sim.

Even better would be a youth soccer sim! You think basketball recruiting is tough? Try dealing with those frothing-at-the-mouth parents who a) know nothing about the game b) are certain that their 10-year-old is the next Pele and c) demand that you (the coach) make it so. League play, State Cups, local League cups, ODP, Super-Y League, elite camps, USCS vs. USYSA...oh, the possibilities of endless! :D Of course, a laugh track would be mandatory.

Anyone know when TEW 2006 or TEW 2007 (whatever it's called) will be out? I believe Adam Ryland said he would work on it when Wrestling Spirit 2 was done....but haven't heard anything about it in a while. Is it still in the plans?

[QUOTE=Zorromorph]I think it's highly premature to speculate on that until Adam finishes the game he's working on now ...[/QUOTE] Like I said, I was just wondering....but thanks for replying so quick

Archived