GDS next game?

A game for all nations FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM from English tyranny... No cricket sim. As for the Canadians here...Its all your fault anyway, Southpark told me so. The only thing more boring than watching NASCAR would be watching a text sim of NASCAR. I'm thinking a pro-circuit chess sim would be the best. You dont actually get to play chess just manage an All-star crack chess team bent on world domination in the shady, corrupt world that is high level chess. I'd start off by drafting Big Blue that machine would give you a nice consistent base player. THen I would comb the inner city parks for a highly skilled speed chess player to throw in that bit of crazy play that my team would need.(Kind of like the Bad Boy every boy band has) Plus that adds street cred to the team and hence more endorsement potential. I can just picture now the youth of the world decked out in my fashionable yet cutting edge chess attire. I'd round out my team with such greats as Anatoly Karpov Russia, Garry Kasparov USSR, Zhu Chen China, Robert Fischer USA and of course everyones favorite Jose Raul Capablanca Cuba. What are you waiting for Grey Dog stop reading this and get to work....I know you've wet your pants by now as the dollar signs are slapping the sides of your brain silly with this great idea. I expect royalties and endorsements mind you but there will be plenty of dough to go around once this hits the digital download market.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=jbergey_2005]American Football more dull than Cricket? Is that a joke TCP? I guess I can possibly understand you being English and not liking American Football, but Cricket. There has to be some sarcasm in that.[/QUOTE] well being an Aussie i'd have to say i prefer cricket over american football, the only games that get television coverage over here is the superbowl, i watched the last 3 and thought that there were too many stoppages, how can it take 3 hours to play a 1 hour game? at least with cricket the only stoppages are for third umpire decisions and drinks breaks that occur once an hour. i also have to say that baseball has got to be the most boring game ever since professional darts

[QUOTE=Maxi]Erm .. im an Aussie and i prefer NFL over freakign Cricket. That game is just a sh*tstain on the world of sport ..[/QUOTE] eh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, i personally prefer rugby league over any other sport

I'm American.... Can't say if I like cricket or not, never seen it..... Can't stand WATCHING baseball (Playing is a different matter) Like American Football can't get into the rest of the worlds football (Not knocking it, it just doesn't intrest me.) Can't get into Pro Basketball (seems to be more personality then talent.) I'd say the next sim should be a sim developer sim.... a sim where you get to make a sim... and then put up with the people on the forums for said sim....

• 4 weeks later...
Wha-wha-What!?!??!!??!!?! I'd have to say that American Football is one of the most interesting sports around! Do you realize how many positions there are? Formations? (Offensive and Defensive) Plays? (Offensive and Defensive) Ways to score? (I mean come on! Touchdowns, Extra Points, Field Goals, and Safeties! In Soccer: Kick the ball into the goal!) Also, the positions don't allways do the same thing! The Quarter Back can throw, run, or (rarely) receive! The same for the Running Back! Football games are like snowflakes: Never have there been 2 alike! Baseball, however, is dull as dirt to watch. To play, it's vaguely fun, but to watch: BORING! And TCP, if you are serious about Cricket being more interesting than American Football, I might cry... (Also, please supply reasons!) No offense to anyone! It's just opinions! (And yes, I'm American.)

• 2 weeks later...
Despite the various offensive and defensive plays in A. Football, the game is just soooo linear. Quaterback gets the ball and either passes or runs with it until he is tackled or scores. Everything goes through one person, snoozey. Plus there are so many commercials that it'simpossible to keep up, or keep interested for that matter. You mention there being different ways to score in American Football (You listed 4) before saying there is only one way to score in REAL football. Yet in real football you can score direct from the corner, a penalty, a free kick, a header or from open play!

Archived