Phil Parent a Fraud

forlan

Phil Parent was a lie all along, now i'm not doign this to have a go or nothing at phil as i hope we put our childish feuding behind us. I just feel as he felt the need to tell everyone at 514 the truth he would want everyone to know. Just to prove im not lying here is the original thread on 514 [url]http://www.514board.com/showthread.php?t=6480[/url] but you need to be a member Here are exerts from Phil in the thread [quote]How much does it costs? Just for info, because I'm poor and there's no way I can get in there easy. And you know, I understand the need to get the basics down, and I've got no problem with that, it's very essential, but on the other hand, I'm looking at Rougeau Gym's characters...I don't want to be that. I don't want to be a clown or an angel, or a Spider-Man rip-off, or some stereotype. I'd like to be simply Phil Parent, a shootist who emulates after Takada, Maeda, Volk Han, Karelin, Rutten and the likes. I mean, Yuji Nagata and Toshiaki Kawada and Mitsuharu Misawa, they don't have no gimmick. Bryan Danielson has no gimmick. The greatest icon in Quebec wrestling history, Yvon Robert, he had no gimmick. That's what I want to be. I want my wrestling to be my gimmick. Hey how about those who are in training, just out of training or wishing to get into wrestling post about their experience? Would be cool to hear from others. Personally, I've been a fan all my life and I guess at 24 years old I want to see what it's like to wrestle. I'm not just a mark who wants to do it because it's a cool thing to do. I've got a long road ahead of me though. For me, my quest to become a wrestler is a quest to come alive, it's a quest to live the only thing I ever cared about. I take my inspiration from LuFisto. When she started wrestling she was told she wouldn't cut it because she was out of shape. I was told I wouldn't cut it in a lot of things. I cut it in more things than I didn't. I guess being 6'0", 303 Pounds living with his parents, WITHOUT A DRIVING LICENSE, in Sorel-Tracy is not exactly a good start for a wrestling career. But let me tell ya, the driving course is on and I'm pretty good, I'll get that license in a couple months. And that extra weight is coming off, I'm walking 2 hours a day and eating right, 303 pounds might sound like a lot, but the fact of the matter is, I was weighted at 303 Monday, and it was the first time in a long time my doctor could actually weigh me because before I was too heavy. I lost 15 pounds in a month, and I've been dropping pounds steady for months now. I'm aiming at 250 Pounds by Summer's end. I'll probably start doing weight training to raise my arm strenght soon. Then, I'll shop around for a wrestling school and see if I can cut it. Don't bet against me.[/quote] [quote]2000 sticks eh? Well, I guess the training must be pretty good, somebody listed the graduates, I'd add Eric Mastrocola to his list of pretty good talents he trained. But didn't someone once said that Rougeau trainees weren't ready to wrestle anything but this 80's style wrestling and that Marc Le Grizzly (I think that's the name) had to finish the training so that they could branch off and go wrestle in the regular indies? Catchy name, heh? Well, my name's my name. I'm not disrespecting anybody that has a stage name, but I think I'll want to stick to my real name (Not full, full would be Philippe Parent, but close enough). I guess it fits in the whole Pure Shootist thing. But I thought about a possible nickname. I've got a lot of respect for Yvon Robert and what he meant for wrestling back in his day, and his nickname was "The Lion". Then I've got what I want to be as a wrestler. You put this together, sparkle some Japanese powder on it, and you get "Shooto Lion" "Shooto Lion" Phil Parent. It rhymes. To my ears anyway.[/quote] loads of other blah blah stuff and then Mike Rotch said this [quote]Hey Phil Parent...how old are you? I remember a thread back in the day about you claiming to be a Rougeau student, and using a pic of Glenn Kulka and passing it off as you. Why do you need training? Was Jacques' training not good enough for you? Or are you a ****ing liar? Inquiring minds would like to know. -Mike[/quote] Phil Replied with [quote]I'm 24. Born in September 1981. Hell you give me choice between 2 options, so I guess I'm a liar. Or better, a guy that wanted some attention, never got it anywhere and found a bad way to get it on the internet when he was 17 or 18 and had to carry the lie for years. Frankly that was fun to do because it was creative, and the fact of the matter is, in the circle this was going on, nobody was believing me anymore because in the last couple of years, people had come here asking about this "Phil Raven" character and found out he didn't exist, and those who weren't aware of that probably figured it out on their own when I "wrestled" in feds they had never heard of, against wrestlers they had never heard of, in front of HUGE crowds. And nobody had heard of nothing. So yeah, for a couple years, I pretended I was a wrestler for the adoring masses of the wrestling simulator community. Was it lame? Yeah. It was disrespectful to anybody that ever got training for real. It was disrespectful for the people I told it to. But the fact of the matter is, If I don't get that to hang on in my late teens, the attention from online folks about my "career" which gave me a place to vent, I don't know if I would be here. I lived in a hole of a country town call St-Robert where all there was miles around were grain fields. And parents that didn't care, a mom that worked full time and a dad who's got polynevritis and who's not exactly available for talking either because he's always sleeping. Now I moved back to town, I don't talk to many people but at least I've got my older brother, who cares, and I see people, loads, everyday. And some of the most beautiful brunettes...let's say I wish I could just pick a conversation in the street as people do online. But my efforts here will wipe that off because that story will be replaced by a real career, which I hope will be better than of the fictitious Phil Raven, because quite frankly, I thought his career sucked. And that's the end of that. I knew the question would come, it came. I didn't change my name knowing that somebody would catch on. I was ready to fess up. I just did, now leave me be, I'll get real training, I'll get real career, and someday that will be just a footnote on my Wikipedia page. I'll do just that personally. I've made some contacts and know where I'll go to get my "Hobby" training to see if I can cut it at all, and then where I'll go to get my more serious training. Just need to drop some more weight, get in better shape and I'm off to wrestling training. No Rougeau for me. Too expensive, too out of touch with reality, runs shows too rarely. No question some guys he trains are VERY good, and I respect his lineage dating back to the infancy of the biz in Montreal, but I've chosen to go to the local XWF for start, and then to the Torture Chamber later. That's my plan. I trust Onyx, he's got good experience, he trained in L.A. Dojo, I think he and I will have a good understanding about what I want to do in the ring.[/quote] Like I said at the start this aint hate or nothing I just feel as he was open to admitting it to others the people here have a right to know. Thing is though what i wonder is if he told the truth to Jeff and Adam Ryland and such and whether he really did have all the marriage problems. I do commend the guy for telling the truth though, must of took guts.

Holy Crap, all the abuse he gave me on the original TEW message boards about not knowing anything about wrestling etc because I had never been one like him and then this. Don't giving him props for being honest now. The fact is he got caught out and is a lying SOB. I'd be interested to know if adam knows about this!

Archived