Why can't Wrestle Spirit be as detailed as TEW?

I would love a game where they would combined Wrestle Spirit and TEW. If I could be a wrestler and transition into another role. Have all the stats so you know what you did in your career. Salaries, buying homes, property, etc. Make it a truly immersive simulation. What if you had a wrestler in 4 years in you have a career ending injury and now you have to find a new role. Be a booker, agent, owner, or manager. Just a thought

This reminds me of the old Romance of the Three Kingdom games. I believe from 6-9 is the sweet spot. For those unfamiliar it's' a turn-based RPG on the same mythos as Dynasty Warriors.

Anyway you can play as ANY famous character from that historical period. So you can play as a leader or famous general and get right into the fighting but you can also play as a simple town governor and experience a bunch of simple local events as you quest for personal reasons like trying to find a mythic treasure or the perfect bride.

It used the same game but you could experience it as a leader, a general, a warrior on the front lines, a governor, a merchant trying to make a fortune, a ronin traveling the country.

Anyway the thing about this game is there isn't much to be gained from combining WreSpri and TEW. WreSpri treats the game as kayfabe while TEW treats it realistically. Those are kind of incompatible.

In addition the games have different focuses. WreSpri is a "slice of life" game about what is' like to BE a wrestler while TEW is fantasy booking, to run a business. You could add in some perks like giving the user character a salary and letting them buy houses and cars but...so what? If you give the users perks by letting them get some mechanical bonus from buying a big house it detracts from the pure booking of the game that is the appeal of many of the fans.

Sure it sounds fun to be a manager but what would that game actually be like? Adding in a verbal version of WreSpri's battle engine would be like making a whole new game and for what? Do people want to be Paul Bearer or do they want to be Undertaker?

Funny as I actually played WreSpi3 while waiting for the game to drop.

Love the engine, gameplay's great. AI sometimes gets repetitive and cheesy but that's probably unavoidable, but pretty much means you need to be cheesy. Especially in career with a new, crappy wrestler that will lose almost every match by default. Again: that's the way it should be, but it will turn off a lot of players as it's very long-term.

The thing is: very hard to immerse myself. You're pushed to perform and win the matches and there's no room to create a great match here, though you might incidently have one. Most spots are a terrible idea if you want to 'advance' in the game, and you should stick to game-winning tactics.

The best thing about the game is playing some sort of INSPIRE promotion and just doing the league with existing wrestlers, where you don't have to worry about XP gains and that stuff.

I can see this being some MMA-style game, where this approach actually makes sense. A hybrid game that you're asking is probably not a good idea. Loading times would be immense unless shortcuts are used, and that makes immersion less good. A manager career would be boring as you'll be just watching AI matches and basically "force" yourself to intervene each match just to do something.