[I]"...this isn't good or bad. It's just the way of things. Nothing stays the same."[/I] [B]November 20th, 2005[/B] Hello. My name is Thom. For the past five years, I've been writing for a public access comedy show hosted by a good friend of mine. Well, it was on public access for a while. See, the whole thing blew up. If I were a less humble person, I'd say that my writing was the main reason behind it, but I'm sure there are other reasons. So, this show. It got big beyond anyone's expectations. And, well, my good friend... he let it go to his head. Long story short, I'm off the writing team. Yeah, there's a writing team now. Before, it was just me. Me and my laptop. However, one's reputation often helps him find more interesting work... "Yeah, I'm serious," the veteran's voice resounded. "I know you were the brains behind it, I loved it, I need someone in creative." "But," I replied hesitantly, "comedy's really all I've done. Granted I grew up on wrestling and have always had a passion for it..." "Good. That's all we need." He pauses. I can hear his hand move over the mouthpiece. His voice muffled, he speaks. "Karen, take this to the post office for me, would you? Thank you, dear." Confused, I reply. "I'm sorry, Mr. Chord?" He laughs. "No need for formalities. Your ticket to Charlotte is in the mail." ...and so begins the rebirth of MAW.

[B][I]Preparation[/I][/B] [B][u]December 2nd, 2005[/u][/B] Holy crap, this roster is a mess. First of all, we have more wrestlers than we need. Second of all, we have backstage staff. No, no, no. We can't afford all of this. If we're going to be losing money, we'll be losing money by keeping talented wrestlers on the roster and paying them well. We're not going to lose money on people we don't need. [B]Fired Rockin' Ryan Turner[/B] Ryan Turner wasn't necessary to our success. He wasn't the only wrestler, but I'm taking it easy right now. We'll see how the others pan out. The worst thing about Turner was the fact that he was taking the backseat to other workers... he didn't have the crowd behind him, he wasn't really talented, he's gone. [B]Fired Nicole Kiss[/B] Nicole Kiss was too expensive for what she did. We can't afford managers right now. No questions asked. [B]Fired Persephone[/B] Same idea as Kiss... Persephone's talents didn't justify her price tag. [B]Fired Marv Earnest[/B] Nothing against Marv. He's a great announcer, but Rip Chord is better and we're stuck with him. Best wishes, Marv. (Funny note: I guess something I said was misunderstood, as Marv strongly dislikes me. That's what I hear, at least.) [B][u]December 4th, 2005[/u][/B] Went through Rip's gigantic database of "other workers." [b]Signed Joey Beauchamp[/b] "This guy's perfect for your promotion, Rip. Talented in the ring, can charm a crowd, doesn't ask for much money..." "How much are we talking money wise? You did receive the memo, didn't you?" "Hundred a night. And yeah, I got the memo. Stay about twenty-five grand, stay out of debt." "Wonderful." [b]Signed Joanne Rodriguez[/b] I've seen this done a hundred times. A promotion will hire a good-looking girl and make her do nothing but hand out t-shirts at the end of their shows. Joanne's asking around $800 a show, so I'm not sure if we'll keep her around or use her at all. Probably shouldn't have signed her, actually. [b]Signed Kashmir Singh[/b] Singh's impressed me before. I've seen him in action during a trip to Puerto Rico; the guy doesn't stop. He's a pretty decent brawler, but his selling point is his stamina. And he, just like Beauchamp, is only asking $100 a night. [B][U]December 5th, 2005[/U][/B] [b]Fired Al Coleman[/b] Nothing impressive. Subpar skills in all areas including the mic... wasn't really sold on this kid. [b]Signed Young Leo[/b] This is one that Rip suggested, actually. He's seen Leo's work in CGC (where he actually goes by the name of Delicious Danny). We agreed that we liked the Delicious Danny name better, so we stuck with it. [b][u]CURRENT ROSTER[/b][/u] [COLOR="Blue"]Face[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Heel[/COLOR] [b]Main Event:[/b] [COLOR="Blue"]Mainstream Hernandez Joanne Rodriguez Oscar Golden[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Ricky Douglas The Mean Machine Stan "The Man" Manna[/COLOR] [b]Upper Midcard:[/b] [COLOR="Blue"]Antonio Flash Savage[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Steven Parker Titan Atlas[/COLOR] [b]Midcard:[/b] [COLOR="Blue"]Erik Strong[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Kashmir Singh Joey Beauchamp[/COLOR] [b]Lower Midcard:[/b] [COLOR="Blue"]Delicious Danny[/COLOR] [b]Manager:[/b] [COLOR="Red"]Karen Killer[/COLOR] [b]Authority Figure:[/b] [COLOR="Red"]Rip Chord[/COLOR]

Archived