Count-Out anyone?

Probably because it wouldn't work properly in the current interface as to do a count-out you would need to do a 10 second count. In that 10 seconds you would have to quickly decide what move you want to do and/or get back in the ring to break the count, which would be hard to do

[QUOTE=Rick Arnold]Because there'd be no point in going outside... and it would be too difficult to program it, more then likely.[/QUOTE] a) whyis there no point? you can have some easy damage by planting your opponent on the guarding rail or ring post smash him...and it is just realism that you can be counted out in a normal match... b) the coding is not my problem...i only feel something missing when i can brawl on the outside for ages without getting some "1...2...[...]...9", ya know ;)

I'm torn on it. As it stands, I usually role play it so that my guy will roll back in and break the count (Enter Ring), just to roll back out (Leave Ring) again. It would be nice if I didn't have to role play it, but was actually forced to get back in. It could also be another way to spend some Fighting Spirit; A pop-up with a 'desperate roll in' thing, if you were on the receiving end and had seconds to beat the count. Still - I don't mind the lack of a count-out anymore, to be honest. There's a lot of ways to 'explain it away', if you will; If you have a manager at ringside, the manager distracts the ref; Enter and then exit the ring, as I do, after a particularly brutal beating on the opponent outside to simulate breaking the count; Imagine that the ref starts jawing with ringside fans and is distracted from the count... you get the picture. (edit: And if you want to simulate planting the opponent on the guard rail, or slamming his head into an outside table, edit the move in! The 83-ish [heh] scenario will have a lot of nice goodies to do out there.)

Depends on the fed Different types of feds should handle countouts differently. Ever see anyone get counted out in a hardcore promotion? Exactly. However, a pure promotion would be more likely to have a strictly enforce count. Meanwhile, a Sports Entertainment promotion would likely have agonizingly slow counts. So this is one of those things that, while you might want to toggle for an exhibition, should really be a variable during a campaign.

Then you have to program it for match types... a Hardcore/No DQ match wouldn't have a count-out, but normal matches would. Then title matches sometimes would or sometimes wouldn't have countouts. Then Adam would have fix the opponent A.I. to actually climb into the ring and not get counted out all the time. But if you're going to do this, then there really should be Computer DQs... but then what fun is a match if it's constantly ending in the opponent DQing himself or getting counted out?

Yea, except the match times aren't real-time, and seeing as a minute in the match is roughly 4-6 moves, which in turn would equal 10-15 seconds per a move. Thus making go outside the ring pointless, as the guy you just threw out would already be counted out... or you'd just have to climb right back in.

Count outs were not included as they serve no useful purpose. The only time they are used in real life is for lazy booking - either to have a double count out so that they can finish a match with nobody "losing heat", or have a wrestler lose a match by count out because he lost concentration \ was distracted \ was injured \ was attacked so that he doesn't have to take a pinfall defeat. That's the only reason they exist.

As I've just explained, count outs exists in "reality" purely because they're useful for bookers - this is evidenced by the fact that they [U]only get used when needed[/U]. Most WWE main events end up brawling outside of the ring for well over a ten count, but it is ignored because it's booked that way. The only time it ever gets used is when the booker says so - such as Shawn Michaels getting counted out "to save his belt" during his first IC title reign. The rules were only enforced because they wanted HBK to retain the title, to build his heel heat as a coward, and to not have to job out the babyface. Therefore, as count outs only exist as a booking tool, they don't have any place in Wrestling Spirit, because it's a [U]shoot-based game[/U], there's no such thing as a booked ending.

Archived