Just wondering if you take some sort of penalty if you play a FS in the SS position, CB at Safety, OLB at ILB or say an OT at C. I know their effectiveness may vary a little due to the importance of attributes as it relates to certain positions but is there some sort of a hit you take playing them in a different position even though it's somewhat similar to where they should be. Thanks in advance, Hit

Great question on safeties. There is a slightly different ordering of attributes that matter at the FS compared to the SS position. I updated the positional editing thread to include these, but here's the breakdown here: [B][U]FS[/U][/B] Football skills: coverage, tackling, hands Other skills: speed, agility, instincts, aggressiveness, acceleration, strength, intelligence [B][U]SS[/U][/B] Football skills: tackling, coverage, hands Other skills: speed, aggressiveness, agility, instincts, acceleration, strength, intelligence For the other positions, there are small penalties for playing way out of position (ie, WR at TE, OT at C, ...) primarily because of the different attribute ranges (ie, a player needs more strength to play TE than WR) and the fact they are out of position. But, if a player has the skills to play CB and is a FS, they won't be hit that bad. Same goes for OLB/ILB, DE/DT and TE/FB. A player's adaptability rating also helps offset positional changes during the season. Is this a process people like, or would you guys prefer a different way of handling this?

I like it as is and thanks for answering my question so precisely. I figured there would be a change due in part to the rating priorities being different per position but wasn't sure if you took an across the board hit for playing a SS at the FS position. I wouldn't play an OT at CB cause yeah, I would expect a hit just because that's completely stupid to do but the similar positions I wasn't sure about. Thanks again Arlie.

[QUOTE=Silver Spur]Arlie..is there a listing somewhere of ordering of skills required for all positions?? That would be good to have.[/QUOTE] [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13190"]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13190[/URL]

Archived