WIP - Venue updates for TEW2020

I hate venues being open at the wrong time, so I've been doing a list of arenas with accurate (or at least feasible) dates and have started to add them to the database.

The spreadsheet I'm working off is here. Any corrections or updated open/close dates (preferably with a source) would be appreciated via comments on the sheet or through here. Where possible I'm looking for exact months, otherwise there's going to be a huge open/close rush at the start of every year.

I've contacted Genadi to ask for permission to use the locations in his mod as a base and won't release until I get the tick off. That covers most of the main arenas (which I'm adding open/close dates to) but I've got about 1000 more venues to add.

Notes:

- This is heavily focused on my main areas of interest - US, Canada, Australia. There is minimal work on the other areas, except for open/close dates on major arenas.

- Still needs more work on smaller venues, especially for the 80s and 90s. Open to suggestions.

- Intention is that this should be ok for games from the 80s onwards so have changed a lot of venue names to what they were in 1985 or on opening. Where possible have noted this in the description so you can change anything that annoys you

- I will need to go through the venues in the Genadi database that I don't have in this list and check their opening dates as well.

- Intention is to follow the regional conventions in the Total Extreme Maps thread, but I'm up in the air about Kansas City being Mid-South and may move just the arenas in that city to the Mid-West.

- The 'done' column in the spreadsheet is to tell me what I've already uploaded to my TEW database

- This would be a lot quicker if you could filter via opening date in the editor.

- Anyone know what venue 'importance' does? No mention in the handbook. I haven't done much work on this at the moment but will go back and tackle it for the major arenas later if there's any point.

- Anyone know what venue 'importance' does? No mention in the handbook. I haven't done much work on this at the moment but will go back and tackle it for the major arenas later if there's any point.

as is asked the same question recently, here is the answer from D-Lyrium

"Importance is just used for the AI, they will prefer to book more important venues, when those venues make sense for their circumstances. For instance, you could set Madison Square Garden to be really important, and companies will try to use MSG when they're in the Tri-State area and are booking a show with an expected attendance that makes sense, rather than a generic or similar sized venue. They won't book an important venue that's much too large or small for their expected attendance, but if multiple venues would suit their needs, they'll pick the most important one.

It has no effect on gameplay (unlike, say, a Hotbed which can affect attendance), it's just there to let the AI know that "hey, if you're booking a show in this area and this venue/location size makes sense for your size/show type, you should use it instead of another one that's less important because this is known for wrestling"."

Been working on the venues aswell (http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2432491#post2432491), maybe we can work together on a venue database, so each of us has to do less work. I didn´t pay attention to starting/closing dates, but could do this moving forward. For the venues i have done, they have accurate descriptions, capacity (if found) and open/close date is mentioned in the description.

Is this intended as a 1 venue each pack or (this may increase the workload) a pack where venues open and close as they change name or expand, since there isnt really any kind of agers system for venues.

Also if you want to expand feel free to use my venues, I've overhauled them for my main update on Monday, basically went through updating names and expanding in some regions, I use the logic of adding any sporting arenas, specifically focusing on basketball, hockey and field sports, since these tend to be the typical venues most wrestling shows take place at.

Also can confirm the whole thing on importance, it's basically a factor of "if running in this region, what is the most important arena for the capacity I can run", the format I was using for my venues was

- 10: Base level

- 10-50: Notable venues

- 50-70: Key wrestling venues

- 80+: Wrestling Meccas

Is this intended as a 1 venue each pack or (this may increase the workload) a pack where venues open and close as they change name or expand, since there isnt really any kind of agers system for venues.

Also if you want to expand feel free to use my venues, I've overhauled them for my main update on Monday, basically went through updating names and expanding in some regions, I use the logic of adding any sporting arenas, specifically focusing on basketball, hockey and field sports, since these tend to be the typical venues most wrestling shows take place at.

Also can confirm the whole thing on importance, it's basically a factor of "if running in this region, what is the most important arena for the capacity I can run", the format I was using for my venues was

- 10: Base level

- 10-50: Notable venues

- 50-70: Key wrestling venues

- 80+: Wrestling Meccas

Appreciate this. It is only a one venue per location system but I've included alternative names in the description so people can change them if they really want. Option to age names and capacities would be amazing but not holding my breath when we still can't filter by opening year.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheWho87" data-cite="TheWho87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="50262" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is this intended as a 1 venue each pack or (this may increase the workload) a pack where venues open and close as they change name or expand, since there isnt really any kind of agers system for venues.<p> </p><p> Also if you want to expand feel free to use my venues, I've overhauled them for my main update on Monday, basically went through updating names and expanding in some regions, I use the logic of adding any sporting arenas, specifically focusing on basketball, hockey and field sports, since these tend to be the typical venues most wrestling shows take place at.</p><p> </p><p> Also can confirm the whole thing on importance, it's basically a factor of "if running in this region, what is the most important arena for the capacity I can run", the format I was using for my venues was </p><p> </p><p> - 10: Base level</p><p> - 10-50: Notable venues</p><p> - 50-70: Key wrestling venues</p><p> - 80+: Wrestling Meccas</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've been doing this myself but the question I've had is this:</p><p> </p><p> How to handle stadiums? We know most companies, if any, would run stadium shows for the big blowoff or their biggest event of the year (WK and WM of course).</p>

I've been doing this myself but the question I've had is this:

How to handle stadiums? We know most companies, if any, would run stadium shows for the big blowoff or their biggest event of the year (WK and WM of course).

The problem I have is that companies run stadiums for any event that they can get away with. So unrealistic.

Thanks for this! Market Square Arena was a venue Indianapolis from 1974-1999. Was a consistent home for Dick the Bruisers territory and later, WWF, including the "Evil Twin" Saturday Nights Main Event. Basketball capacity was about 16500.

Also, Conseco Fieldhouse was renamed Banker's Life Fieldhouse in 2011.